Quantcast

» «
Photo

Saints Row 3

2,560 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Versous @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 19:27)
I downloaded Saints row:The third the game 3 days ago. I got it for free since I could test the incredible PS Plus service for free.

I don't have the time to write everything but I'd say that this game has to be the technically worst sandbox game I've ever played!

The framerate can be 60 fps at some place and completely out of control at another. The animations are horrible in certain situations. Playing the game on the highest difficulty (hardcore) is horrible because the missions are so freaking unbalanced.

You can play 4 missions in a row without having a single problem and then there's the mission that you just can't beat because you have to heal some badly programmed Gangmember A.I. This will force you to change the difficulty for this specific mission unless you're really lucky.

It really feels like no one @ THQ tested the game on "hardcore" before they released it. I don't see anything fun about getting killed due technical issues.
I understand the Gametrailers review now and I don't get the metacritic score. It's WAY to high.

I just uninstalled the game and I'm pretty sure I'll get something a bit more valuable with ICO/Shadow of the colossus...
I gave it a chance but a sandbox game should be way more polished in many aspects.

I don't know about other versions but I wouldn't recommand this game to anyone.

You're complaining that a hardcore mode is too hard.

If you can't handle it, don't play it. You don't actually hate the game, you're just pissed off that you can't beat a mission without swallowing your pride and turning down the difficulty.

As a sandbox it really isn't that bad. the co-op mode is the main source of fun.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Terrible game.
Bad things:
Disc-locked content,
story is the length of a GTA IV dlc,
no interesting places in Steelport,
lifeless city,
activities weren't improved from Saints Row 2,
small ass map,
Pretty much the whole game was half-assed

Good things:
Story was interesting
Coop was fun for awhile
Shooting was good
the cool cheats

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by Versous, 31 July 2013 - 08:37 AM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:14)
I downloaded Saints row:The third the game 3 days ago. I got it for free since I could test the incredible PS Plus service for free.

I don't have the time to write everything but I'd say that this game has to be the technically worst sandbox game I've ever played!

The framerate can be 60 fps at some place  and completely out of control at another. The animations are horrible in certain situations. Playing the game on the highest difficulty (hardcore) is horrible because the missions are so freaking unbalanced.

You can play 4 missions in a row without having a single problem and then there's the mission that you just can't beat because you have to heal some badly programmed Gangmember A.I. This will force you to change the difficulty for this specific mission unless you're really lucky.

It really feels like no one @ THQ tested the game on "hardcore" before they released it. I don't see anything fun about getting killed due technical issues.
I understand the Gametrailers review now and I don't get the metacritic score. It's WAY to high.

I just uninstalled the game and I'm pretty sure I'll get something a bit more valuable with ICO/Shadow of the colossus...
I gave it a chance but a sandbox game should be way more polished in many aspects.

If you can't handle it, don't play it. You don't actually hate the game, you're just pissed off that you can't beat a mission without swallowing your pride and turning down the difficulty.

As a sandbox it really isn't that bad. the co-op mode is the main source of fun.

Oh my God, no I'm NOT!

Learn to f*cking read what others are writing before jumping to conclusions.

I already beat the mission I was mentioning...

I didn't have a problem with most missions but the A.I that is supposed to be on your side and help you is sh*tty and Takes away all the fun you could have because they're standing right in front of the enemies only to get killed.

Mission design and restrictions is stupid as well.
I play every game on hard if I theres a option.

As I said, technologically the worst sandbox game I've ever played.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Versous @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 08:32)

The framerate can be 60 fps at some place  and completely out of control at another. The animations are horrible in certain situations. Playing the game on the highest difficulty (hardcore) is horrible because the missions are so freaking unbalanced.

Oh my God, no I'm NOT!

I didn't have a problem with most missions but the A.I that is supposed to be on your side and help you is sh*tty and Takes away all the fun you could have because they're standing right in front of the enemies only to get killed.

You're talking about "Return to Steelport" where you need to defend Zimos, Angel and Oleg and kill all the brutes, right?

Kill the first one easy then pick up his minigun (like Zimos specifically tells you to) and kill everyone else. Simple.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:04 AM Edited by Versous, 31 July 2013 - 11:08 AM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 09:07)
QUOTE (Versous @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 08:32)

Oh my God, no I'm NOT!

You're talking about "Return to Steelport" where you need to defend Zimos, Angel and Oleg and kill all the brutes, right?

Kill the first one easy then pick up his minigun (like Zimos specifically tells you to) and kill everyone else. Simple.

lol wow, this is incredible.
I didn't even specifically describe the mission and you know what I'm talking about. Looks like this mission stands out. Thanks for your advice but I already completed it and uninstalled the game.

No more saints row.

(Sorry for overreacting in my last comment but the game itself is really not to hard for me and shooting is okay, the other things I mentioned are the reason I posted my opinion here)

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Just got Saints Row The Third in the mail today. It's much better than I thought, to be honest. After reading reviews, I assumed that the game was going to be horrible. confused.gif Now, I'm much more satisfied. I don't understand all of the hatred for this game. People need to judge the game by what it is, instead of instantly saying "Oh, this is a GTA clone". It's actually special in it's own way.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

It's as special as all those kids who get the same name.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 16:02)

If you hate the damn game, then why do you bother even visiting this thread?

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 19:27)
Just got Saints Row The Third in the mail today. It's much better than I thought, to be honest. After reading reviews, I assumed that the game was going to be horrible. confused.gif Now, I'm much more satisfied. I don't understand all of the hatred for this game. People need to judge the game by what it is, instead of instantly saying "Oh, this is a GTA clone". It's actually special in it's own way.

Pretty much the same here. Id never been interested in this title until it became a free download for ps+ members, so i had nothing to lose. I actually had a great time playing it, and really liked the side missions (insurance fraud standing out). Not much for me in the sandbox department, as once id completed the story + activities there didnt feel like there was much else to do. But its cartoonish approach to gameplay made good fun for a 'blow 'em up' game.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 23:18)

First, it's forum and this are usually based on free speech and discussion and not circle jerking as some people are trying to imply.

Second, it's funny how you are insecure about the game quality yourself and you took my post as negative one. I didn't write anything particular there and special could be also used in positive meaning wink.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 13:05)
QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 23:18)

First, it's forum and this are usually based on free speech and discussion and not circle jerking as some people are trying to imply.

Second, it's funny how you are insecure about the game quality yourself and you took my post as negative one. I didn't write anything particular there and special could be also used in positive meaning wink.gif

Well, it sounds like you hate the game, seeing some of your previous posts.

No problem, though. You are expressing your opinion, as that's what a discussion forum is for. I just don't see the point to keep re-visiting a thread about a game that you don't like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users