Saints Row 3

2,560 replies to this topic
Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Toup @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 21:55)
What? How is it embarrassing? Respect for THQ for having the balls to release Saints Row 3. That game was pure fun.

Fun if you're into extremely dumbed down and half assed sequels.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:42 PM Edited by Toup, 09 June 2012 - 05:49 PM.

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 16:48)
QUOTE (Toup @ Saturday, Jun 9 2012, 21:55)
What? How is it embarrassing? Respect for THQ for having the balls to release Saints Row 3. That game was pure fun.

Fun if you're into extremely dumbed down and half assed sequels.

I haven't played SR1 or 2, but between the games that came out in 2011, SR3 was in my GOTY list. Start seeing behind sequels and prequels and enjoy the game, rather than worrying about it.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Toup @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 02:42)
SR3 was in my GOTY list.

You are a moron.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Saint row The third wasn't that "So fun" confused.gif

mooonlights
  • mooonlights

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

I actually hate it. It's SO boring...killing people is insignificant, driving cars is boring and unrealistic.

I MUCH prefer realism over that 'fun'. It's ridiculous and makes everything seem trivial. Worst sh*t ever. GTA destroys it.

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

Where do whores go?

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

old, but i still thought this was so funny biggrin.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 03:26)
Saint row The third wasn't that "So fun" confused.gif

Yeah it was very boring and way over top for me to enjoy it

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 02:52)
SR3 was in my GOTY list.

You are a moron.

Sorry, because of having a personal opinion and disagreeing with you I'm a moron?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 01:52)
SR3 was in my GOTY list.

You are a moron.

Ease up man, no need to get offensive just because your opinion varies from his.

Saints Row 3 was awesome. It seemed every time I played I was discovering something new and incredibly fun to mess around with.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

S.B.O.E

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Sunday, Jun 10 2012, 02:52)
SR3 was in my GOTY list.

You are a moron.

Calm down man. Calling somebody a moron just because they have a different opinion to you isn't very sensible.

In my opinion, SR3 is only fun when you do co-op. Playing on your own is just boring; yes it isn't the best of games but I enjoyed doing co-op smile.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yes, moron is a terrible, terrible word.
I'd better put out that fire under my ass.

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Saint Row the 3rd is that Big Sean song, you know the one im talking about. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif and its not called dance.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

ppl still play this? honestly the game had absolutely no replay value to me due to lack of multiplayer.. ill probably only get those DLCs at a sale

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Newsflash!
'Enter The Dominatrix' standalone cancelled and Saints Row 4 confirmed: click me!

By the way, did you guys read this?

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cr---

Nah, I'm just laughing. That's f*cking ridiculous on all counts. They're dancing around the ashes now, completely deluded.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

I do like that Jason Rubin feels the same way as me about most of the immature humor that was forced on us. But when he said "it's clear our fans want bigger, better, and even more over the top," I'm hoping he means over the top in the style of the action at least. No more dildos please, and none of that alien abduction sh*t! I was honestly hoping for a return to sanity if a SR4 happened, or at least a return to the style they had in SR2 where there was balance. But I suppose they've found their niche and are sticking with it, let's just hope that the fact that Rubin said they're being given "more time, more resources, and a broader scope of the project" means we'll see something a bit higher quality than the last and with less nickel and dime on-disc DLC.

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Thursday, Jun 21 2012, 16:17)
I do like that Jason Rubin feels the same way as me about most of the immature humor that was forced on us. But when he said "it's clear our fans want bigger, better, and even more over the top," I'm hoping he means over the top in the style of the action at least. No more dildos please, and none of that alien abduction sh*t! I was honestly hoping for a return to sanity if a SR4 happened, or at least a return to the style they had in SR2 where there was balance. But I suppose they've found their niche and are sticking with it, let's just hope that the fact that Rubin said they're being given "more time, more resources, and a broader scope of the project" means we'll see something a bit higher quality than the last and with less nickel and dime on-disc DLC.

Indeed.

I wrote this in another forum:
Do you know why Saints Row The Third didn't have as much stuff as Saints Row 2?
THQ imposed many deadlines to Volition, SRTT was their last resource to keep THQ running. As you guys know, THQ was pretty screwed last year, almost went bankrrupted, so instead of spending money in the game development, they spent in on marketing to sell more copies and ordered Volition to split content as DLCs to earn more money.
The game was rushed, everything was a in-house development to save money, they spent lots of money contracting crappy 3rd party studios to port as an example. Their goal was to make the game playable and bugless, but they didn't have enough time neither money to add lots of contents.
This is capitalism, baby.

I bet if they released the game now, they would have more time to add content, though THQ would be in a step of closing their doors, obviously.
Only a few guys were the same from the SR and SR2 development team, many others were newcomers, people were fired, Red Faction Armageddon wasn't profitable and I'm not sure if you guys know or remember, but Volition's founder (Mike Kulas) left the studio before SRTT was released, something sounded pretty wrong there.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

They've got a lot to do to impress me anyway. Especially if GTA V is coming out that year too.

LoSoisNiCEx414
  • LoSoisNiCEx414

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

SR3 was pure A double snakes!!!! No replay value. Thry changed the controls which felt dumb to me. No Multiplayer!!! This game isnt a must buy. More like a hey can I borrow that for 2days.

A lot of people including myself didnt buy SR3 because it fidnt have MP(i played ot though)

People still play Saints Row 1 &2 MP to this day, saints row 1 came out 6 yrs ago & tons of people still play. So idk why THQ thought it was good to take out MP. On the SR forums gamers were pissed they took the MP out
Truth is Saints Row regressed each game.

Saints Row 1: is the 1st game I got for my 360. It was fresh & new. Similar to GTA but was its own game. The SP was good. But the online is why people still play today. Saints Row 1 online was the best 3rd person shooter I ever played. Had so much replay value. Tons of gamemodes like TGB,BOR,PTP but the best feature was gang matches. In SR1 you could create your own online gang and do gang matches against other gangs. There was a gang leaderboard. U had gang tags & bios. Really addicting! Then a few years later in o9 they shut the gang severs down eleminating gang matches. So now there were only ranked matches. Gamers were pissed went to forums but THQ basically said F U there not coming back.

SR2 was very fun in SP. Added some silly things. Controls slightly different like I thought the running was stiff, but dtill fun. Online took out popular modes from SR1 like PTP & BOR. It also didnt have gang matches. A lot of gamers returned to sr1 after a few months because of that. Some like AR1 MP some like SR2 better....

Then SR3: SR3 had no online!!!! Online is what kept this game affloat! It had no replay value. Controls sucked. SP sucked. Who can believr there a gang of wrestlers or nerds that are bad ass. That was dumb as F.All the stuff went overboard. Should have been rated C for Childish. I hate that game.

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:51 PM Edited by AlexLB, 21 June 2012 - 06:54 PM.

About multiplayer, I guess it was cancelled because of the reasons I said above.

Another random fact:
Drew Holmes, lead writer of Saints Row 2, The Third, Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon left Volition some months after SRTT release and went to Irrational Games, it seems he's working on BioShock Infinite now.
Sounds suspicious to me.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (AlexLB @ Thursday, Jun 21 2012, 13:51)
About multiplayer, I guess it was cancelled because of the reasons I said above.

Another random fact:
Drew Holmes, lead writer of Saints Row 2, The Third, Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon left Volition some months after SRTT release and went to Irrational Games, it seems he's working on BioShock Infinite now.
Sounds suspicious to me.

Well, THQ is pretty much a sinking ship at this point. The people that have some talent are leaving before its too late.

I'll probably get SR4, since it will be an open world game, and they are hard to find in this sea of First person shooters. Though I really hope they try to copy SR2 and not 3.

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, Jun 21 2012, 19:40)
QUOTE (AlexLB @ Thursday, Jun 21 2012, 13:51)

Another random fact:
Sounds suspicious to me.

Well, THQ is pretty much a sinking ship at this point. The people that have some talent are leaving before its too late.

I'll probably get SR4, since it will be an open world game, and they are hard to find in this sea of First person shooters. Though I really hope they try to copy SR2 and not 3.

The last two games he composed the plot had many flaws.
Red Faction Armageddon and Saints Row The Third didn't have immersive stories at all.

I might get SR4 too, but it might be over the top again. As Rubin said, Dominatrix will be in SR4 now.
Saints Row 4 might be the Secret Project Y they're working on.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (AlexLB @ Thursday, Jun 21 2012, 18:03)
Newsflash!
'Enter The Dominatrix' standalone cancelled and Saints Row 4 confirmed: click me!

By the way, did you guys read this?

And there goes any chance of SR4 being grounded in reality like SR2. I'm not even gonna bother with SR anymore. There's a difference between good stupid and bad stupid. And SR3 was the latter. This news pretty much confirmed that SR4 will be in the same category.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Alright then, goodbye Saints Row. SR3 was like the death of the franchise, but there was a chance that SR comes back as a zombie. After reading that article, I knew that the zombie's head was blown away into pieces.

Such a f*cking shame, I loved SR2.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:47 PM Edited by Dragonjack, 21 June 2012 - 08:50 PM.

I just got a feeling that SR4 is going to be a fail just like SR3 did.. sad.gif btw a THQ vice president quits?

http://www.computera...sident-resigns/

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Damn, and here I was thinking the Naughty Dog guy would be the savior of THQ. Oh well. As Alex and The General said, I might get SR4, but I'm certainly not gonna rush for it. I'll have to wait and see a trailer or some screenshots and a preview, though. And then I'll wait for it to drop in price. I'm definitely not looking forward to all the goofy sh*t.

LoSoisNiCEx414
  • LoSoisNiCEx414

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Well it looks like SR4 will be even more A U would think they would stick to what they are good at, but nope! They let some random kid put all his ideas in the game.

If im going to buy SR4 it needs

~SP needs a SR2 feel. No more extreme over the top stuff
~Must Have MP
~MP musy have a combo of SR1 & SR2
~MP modes:TGB,GB,BOR,PTP, & the SR2 mode(forgot name)
~MP must have Gang matches like in SR1!!!!!

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Saints Row 1 - Good gang game.
Saints Row 2 - One of the best free roaming crime games ever in my opinion.
Saints Row: The Third - Complete garbage.

Sounds like they're going to make SR4 even dumber than SR3. And you wonder why your company is failing, THQ/Volition.

Verdant
  • Verdant

On Doomsday!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:59 AM Edited by GtaOutKast, 25 June 2012 - 09:07 AM.

Hey guys,
I was going to open up a topic about this but I knew this was the right place. Anyways, my Saints Row:The Third is having problems. I don't know if it is my disc or an actual glitch but when I load my game I can't see my character at all. It's basically showing it in a first person view.

Sometimes, It works completely fine. Other times are first person view or the normal 3rd person view but my character has no clothes on? I'm serious. I even go to change my clothes and nothing happened he was still in the nude. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be very kind of you.

Cheers,

OutKast.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

just completed SR3 and, actuallt I loved it, absolutely love the absolute insanity of driving around with a tiger in my car or the jumping from a plane in a tank shooting soldiers, tanks, and jets, and I f*cking loved the humour, crass as it was, shame the new CEO of whatever said he will change that part in SR4 - the humour is waht made SR3 a great game imo rather than just good. (going off what i heard) I loved the lines the protaganist came out with (I was the British one, i suspect other voices will give slightly different responses like not mention agincourt when flattening loren

i get why people would not like it though, I can see why people would say it is TOO stupid but I love that kind of stuff personally and it helps to see it as it is - a game, work of fiction, that is meant to be outrageous and insane, not something that is trying to be taken seriously, like GTA has started to become. It is meant to be cheesy and it pulls it off - I suppose you could compare it to family guy or south park - it is meant to be crass, it is meant to be ridiculous, it is meant to be outrageous and for me it pulls it off, it strikes me as a game that was not about immersing you in a story, but rather just about good old fashioned fun and insanity, it struck me as more like a parody of, probably GTA. And I noticed most the people who don't like it, take the game, themselves, or gaming too seriously, and either don't see that it is just about craziness, or don't like that fact, and that leads me to eblieve the latter got the game jsut to bitch about how 'stupid' it was. in whoich case you wasted your money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users