Saints Row 3

2,560 replies to this topic
Hitman843
  • Hitman843

Hitman

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Mar 13 2011, 11:09)
QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 12 2011, 17:36)
user posted image

If thats a screenshot it looks ridiculous lol. Also looks the same as Saints row 2.

"The game is not meant to be taken too seriously."

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Hitman843 @ Mar 13 2011, 11:27)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Mar 13 2011, 11:09)
QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 12 2011, 17:36)
user posted image

If thats a screenshot it looks ridiculous lol. Also looks the same as Saints row 2.

"The game is not meant to be taken too seriously."

Thats a screenshot??

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Yea, is a screenshot, looks like the guys are from manhunt.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 13 2011, 15:17)

It just doesn't look like a Saints row screenshot mainly because it looks too fictional, beh.

PS: Narcis is your real name, Thats an awesome name what is it like Belgian??

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Mar 13 2011, 15:38)
QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 13 2011, 15:17)

It just doesn't look like a Saints row screenshot mainly because it looks too fictional, beh.

PS: Narcis is your real name, Thats an awesome name what is it like Belgian??

There are some better pics around, scans from the game informer magazine (which I am not allowed to post)

and about my name, thanks, as far as I know it has latin origins. smile.gif

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

So,I just got SR2 on PS3 and have a few questions.
Is their any way to change the shooting controls to R1 and L1?
Does turning on V-Sync have a big impact on the framerate?
Which DLC pack is the best and are they worth the money?I already downloaded the free DLC pack.
And some of the graphics look very jaggy,its more noticable in the cutscenes.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

I sure hope they keep in the ability to pick up and use virtually anything as a melee weapon.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Mar 13 2011, 17:02)

and about my name, thanks, as far as I know it has latin origins.  smile.gif

Like "Narcis Prince" from Super Punch-Out tounge.gif But seriously, if Narcis is your real name, that's pretty badass..what is your nationality if you don't mind me asking?

on topic: I have never played Saints Row. would it be worth my time? Despite its near limitless customization features, I hear the game handles rather awkwardly. So I'm not sure I could bear to play it.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Mar 17 2011, 09:32)

Like "Narcis Prince" from Super Punch-Out tounge.gif But seriously, if Narcis is your real name, that's pretty badass..what is your nationality if you don't mind me asking?

on topic: I have never played Saints Row. would it be worth my time? Despite its near limitless customization features, I hear the game handles rather awkwardly. So I'm not sure I could bear to play it.

It doesnt act like GTA for a reason. Its based on off the wall hilarity where GTA goes with a realistic approach.

If you prefer realism over zany odd ball time stuff, SR isnt for you. If you're open to a weird as hell gang banging game then SR is your type of game...

The issue is that people always compare it to GTA but the thing is is that SR2 does what San Andreas did but more off the wall.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Mar 17 2011, 09:32)

Romanian.

ontopic:

user posted image

“Phillipe Loren is the leader of the Syndicate, in particular the gang called the Morning Star,” says Steve Jaros, lead writer of Saints Row: The Third. “He’s kind of like a Bond villain. He’s statuesque and poised and elegant, and he’s a total gentleman. He’s not a fop—he’s not effeminate—and he’s not going to play to that European stereotype. He’s coldly logical and dangerous and very savvy.”

Phillipe is the main antagonist in the game, essentially kicking off the game’s story by kidnapping the player character, Johnny Gat, and Shaundi after a botched bank robbery. The game’s first mission takes place in Phillipe’s jet, as the player blasts his way out of the aircraft and down into Steelport.

It turns out that the player has made a powerful enemy in Phillipe, who’s far more powerful than the street level thugs that littered Stilwater. “He’s made a killing being an international arms dealer. He’s pretty much the leader of the criminal fraternity in Steelport. He calls all the shots, he directs everybody, he’s the guy that you just don’t want to f--- with.”

user posted image

user posted image

The wrestling-masked Luchadores are one of the more flamboyant criminal organizations in Steelport, so it’s only appropriate that the gang is led by someone equally peculiar. Killbane is a former professional wrestler who also founded the Luchadors with his tag-team partner, Angel. Killbane became jealous of his partner’s success, which led him to publicly unmask and shame his former friend. Eventually, Killbane was banished to Mexico after he killed an opponent in the ring. That exile didn’t last, and the grappler is back and running his group.

“He’s obsessed with his legacy and is a total fame ***,” says Steve Jaros, lead writer on Saints Row: The Third. “In some ways, he’s like a dark mirror to the player.”

Killbane’s given name is Eddie Pryor, but he doesn’t respond to that moniker. His mask is a constant presence, whether he’s on the streets, being interviewed on television, or attending a Syndicate board meeting. “He’s always embracing that luchadore spirit and never wants to let it go,” says Jaros, adding that while Killbane might look a little clownish he’s not someone to be taken lightly. “He’s very volatile. He can be charming and debonair one moment and then just snap off and break your neck.”

And what of Angel? He’s still dealing with the disgrace of being unmasked, but he’ll prove to be a helpful ally to the player as he navigates the unfamiliar streets of Steelport.

user posted image

user posted image

Even though Steelport is a city where groups of wrestling-masked gangsters stalk corners without anyone giving it a second thought, don’t assume all of the city’s crime involves ostentatious displays of costuming, rocket launchers, or remote-controlled drones. Sometimes, even the world of Saints Row calls for subtlety.

Matt Miller is the Syndicate’s go-to guy for those instances. As leader of the Deckers, Miller (no relation) is in charge of the city’s cybercrime. As with a lot of folks bolstered by the anonymity of the Internet, Miller is all swagger when he’s at his keyboard. Take him out of his element, and it’s another story. “The thing that’s interesting about him is that when he’s by himself he thinks that he’s god,” says Steve Jaros, the game’s lead writer. “He’s super cocky and kind of obnoxious and is very self-assured in what he does. However, when he’s around Killbane or Phillipe, he’s like a 15-year-old kid sitting at the big kid table.”

Even if he does clam up during those meetings, Phillipe and the rest of the Syndicate appreciate his contributions. It’s always good to have someone smart in your corner, particularly when it’s so potentially lucrative.

user posted image

3 out of 5 profiles.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

This is a joke.... right?

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

The games not a joke, so if you don't like it you can not reply in this topic.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (jaky2008 @ Mar 19 2011, 19:20)
This is a joke.... right?

If you don't like the Saints Row Series then get out of this thread colgate.gif

kkthnxbye

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:44 PM Edited by jaky2008, 19 March 2011 - 04:59 PM.

Wait just a hot second! I loved Saints Row 2 (past tense), but seeing these pictures GREATLY puts me off... the gangs in Saints Row 2 were bad enough, but look now, a guy in a green suit with a wrestling mask..... nothing like urban warfare between opposing crews like Saints Row 1.

Other sides look good, such as weapon development and gang creation (except in Saints Row 2 IT WAS A LET DOWN) but i'm actually glad its different to the bad style of Saints Row 2.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Saints Row has moved on from gang warfare, and lets be honest it wasn't the gang warfare that made SR2 good, it was the overthe topness. The same will go for 3.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Mar 19 2011, 18:23)
Saints Row has moved on from gang warfare, and lets be honest it wasn't the gang warfare that made SR2 good, it was the overthe topness. The same will go for 3.

I agree there. Infact I think they should include more GTA2 styled gang types. Cults and unorthadox style groups.

Either way the main draw to these games regardless of how crap the engine and driving may be. It is just about pure fun. It is as if there is a cheat mode on at all times, and you can just laugh and f*ck with the game. This enjoyment doubles when you play it in co-op.

I keep saying I want better driving and AI but really when it comes down to it, pretty much anything they do will be enough because as long as you have co-op and all these stupid things to do you no longer car that things arent realistic. Everything ends up disposable and it never matters what you do in the game because there are no penalties for doing anything in the game, not even the police can do sh*t to you.

It is like going round someone's house that you dont like when you were a kid and playing with all their sh*t then breaking it and leaving it all in a heap.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

Narcis can you direct me to the site with all the profiles?

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

So,I just got SR2 on PS3 and have a few questions.
Is their any way to change the shooting controls to R1 and L1?
Does turning on V-Sync have a big impact on the framerate?
Which DLC pack is the best and are they worth the money?I already downloaded the free DLC pack.
And some of the graphics look very jaggy,its more noticable in the cutscenes.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:25 PM Edited by Narcis_speed6, 19 March 2011 - 10:29 PM.

QUOTE (Sanjeem)
Narcis can you direct me to the site with all the profiles?

Source

user posted image

As Steelport’s oldest pimp, Zimos is a fixture in the criminal ecosystem. At first, the Syndicate tolerates the eccentric character, and he even forges a friendship with Phillipe Loren’s protégés, Viola and Kiki DeWynter. The relationship goes south for as-yet-unknown reasons, and Zimos finds himself locked away in the basement of one of the Syndicate’s human trafficking hubs.

After being rescued by the player, the temporarily gimp-suited Zimos becomes an important ally. His ties to the criminal underworld are critical in the player’s early days in Steelport, and he’s a great guide to the city. “In general, he’s kind of like the lovable granddad of the Saints,” says lead writer Steve Jaros. “He’s too old to care, he has a lot of swagger. Pretty much he’s seen it all, he’s done it all, and he’s too cool to be scared or offended.”

In addition to the role of de facto tour guide, Zimos provides plenty of comic relief. He has had a tracheotomy, though that hasn’t stopped him from smoking through the subsequent hole in his throat. He speaks using an electronic voice box, which has been autotuned. In other words, everything he says sounds like it was plucked from a T-Pain song. Stay classy, Saints Row.

user posted image

Morning star gang

user posted image

Gangs have been a focus of the Saints Row franchise since the series was conceived. As the 3rd Street Saints rose to power in Stilwater, they’ve had to work around and eventually supplant organizations like Los Carnales, the Vice Kings, and the Sons of Samedi. We’ve spent time delving into the individuals that players will be interacting with in Saints Row: The Third, but don’t think that the game is turning into a character study. While Volition is putting more of an emphasis on populating the town of Steelport with more memorable people, its gangs are just as powerful as any that the Saints have encountered on their rise to power.

Morning Star is the oldest surviving gang in Steelport, and as such it commands considerable respect among criminals. It’s led by Belgian arms smuggler Phillipe Loren, and the organization maintains legal and illegal operations worldwide. For instance, Morning Star operates a high-end gun boutique in town, which sells weapons to people who have the cash. Simultaneously, the gang outfits illegal organizations, governments, and militaries with weapons as well.

“Where the others are more local and isolated, Morning Star is the more international organization and it has far-reaching tentacles,” says lead writer Steve Jaros. Those international ties are how Morning Star hooked up with Steelport’s Luchador gang. After selling weapons to that gang’s Mexico operations, Loren realized that a partnership could be lucrative for both parties. Eventually, the tech-focused Decker gang was brought into the fold, creating the Syndicate.

Loren runs Morning Star—and the Syndicate—with the help of the DeWynter sisters. Viola and Kiki are art dealers with refined tastes and a penchant for human trafficking. They’re so close that they’re often referred to as a single entity. “They’re the number two in the Syndicate, so when Phillipe is busy they’re the ones who assume control and make sure that things run on time,” says Jaros. “If they weren’t around, everything would descend into chaos.”

The game starts with the player upsetting Steelport’s balance of power, which will undoubtedly have far-reaching effects. Even though Morning Star might be a powerful entity, the Saints have proven themselves worthy of a good challenge. And after dominating Stilwater, that may be exactly what they need.

user posted image

The city

user posted image

After two games set in the fictional city of Stilwater, the team behind Saints Row was ready to shake things up a bit. We sat down with the two art directors behind Saints Row: The Third to talk about the process of designing a city from scratch and how the new location kickstarted the art team's imagination at Volition. Check out the video to discover why Steelport will be a city to remember.

There is also a little video here

RobsEpicFret
  • RobsEpicFret

A man can be Destroyed,but not Defeated.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (jaky2008 @ Mar 19 2011, 16:44)
Wait just a hot second! I loved Saints Row 2 (past tense), but seeing these pictures GREATLY puts me off... the gangs in Saints Row 2 were bad enough, but look now, a guy in a green suit with a wrestling mask..... nothing like urban warfare between opposing crews like Saints Row 1.

Other sides look good, such as weapon development and gang creation (except in Saints Row 2 IT WAS A LET DOWN) but i'm actually glad its different to the bad style of Saints Row 2.

I Agree the Lucha Libre Leader Looks stupid and the members look like soldiers in wrestling mask
The Deckers i cant judge them much
probally huge hacker gang like a Wikileak hah
Morning star has a really cool name.

i wonder why the brotherhood didn't ride choppers.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:14 AM

The thought they're putting behind the city looks promising, it almost has a steampunk feel (I hate steampunk but its better than nothing). But is this the city (as seen 40 seconds into the video)?

user posted image
It doesn't look very big and has the same lack of flow as GTA IV's map.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:43 AM

The map style looks almost exactly like GTA IV's. The Saints Row haters will be all over that!

I'm not sure about the city though, I mean I love the idea and concept of it but I just don't feel it atm. I am sure it will be completely awesome though. I just seems really futuristic mixed with loads of industry, and then crime thrown on top of it. Like it doesn't fit. But still looks awesome can't wait to hear more about it.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Haha, the design is stolen from GTA. Can't R* sue them or something?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Mar 20 2011, 12:14)
The thought they're putting behind the city looks promising, it almost has a steampunk feel (I hate steampunk but its better than nothing). But is this the city (as seen 40 seconds into the video)?

user posted image

That map looks pretty small, they can't sue, since it is not exactly the same, you can't really vary a map like that a whole lot anyway.
I am disappointed at the size of the map, hopefully the content within is good, i am thinking a small map probably means more work put into other areas of the game.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:09 AM Edited by Tycek, 20 March 2011 - 10:00 AM.

Is it the map of the steelport? It isn't much bigger than Liberty City from GTA III or Stillwater map (even from the first game). And where is the airport? On the cut part of the right map? Just like in GTA IV?

RobsEpicFret
  • RobsEpicFret

A man can be Destroyed,but not Defeated.

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

It looks like alderney split in islands
then algoquin smaller split in a island
the right island looks like the north west of dukes

also even the docks look the same.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

The map is similar to inFAMOUS, small and almost asthough its been copied and pasted (repetitive models everywhere) I HOPE that its not STEELport as in construction areas and pipes.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Will they call it Freedom City?

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

I really hope that wasn't the final city map, as it's far too small and seems too much alike Liberty City - Even the f*cking colour scheme of it!

If it is indeed a map of Steelport, I do hope we get given a second city to play with, but I highly, highly doubt we will.

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Mar 20 2011, 01:14)

user posted image

Oh my.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users