Photo

Sleeping Dogs

2,096 replies to this topic
freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Holy sh*t. 150 side missions? I can't wait!

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (freak2121 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 03:07)
Holy sh*t. 150 side missions? I can't wait!

Yea freak i know right it was straight from the producers mouth, my jaw dropped. This is really why i love open world single player focused games, i want the world to have tons to do.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

They released a Behind the scenes video from the announcement trailer.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 22:33)
Another great article for you guys, this game is shaping up to the best open world game in a very long time, and with the enviromental interactions, combat, driving, shooting it will surely be way better than IV imo, please dont think for a minute sales will mean IV was better but lets see what this game has.

20 plus hour story
over 150 side missions, including favors, jobs, police cases, figth clubs, gambling dens, betting on cockfighting, karoake, clubs, going on dates, 20 uniwue races by land and sea, food for buffs, collectables that are statues that you bring back to a marital arts trainer for upgraded combat.
air hijacking from bike to car or bus that is the best feature ever. Clothing outfits that when worn have buffs/upgrades.
End of each mission you get triad or police points for pages of upgrades to your combat.
Decorating your safehouse.
free run/parkour enough said this guy is bad ass. vaulting, climbing up walls, taking a gun out of someone hand during comabt, and a slow mo action in key places.
When jacking a car people will fight you or they will pull away with you hanging on the side of the car door.
Stunts are also in the game by land and sea.
Over 65 vehicles, lambos, bikes, scooters, different police vehicles, buses two decker ones.
Smartphone-nothing known really yet,
Leaderboards for many many things such as longest police chase.
Buy cars from dealerships.
Most important is Hong Kong of course it will takes months to get used to this new feel of a country, am excited someone finally did HK, driving on the left side also.

http://blogcritics.o...-sleeping-dogs/

Nothing is better than GTA IV, except maybe GTA V sly.gif .
I would probably like this game and list sounds promising, GTA have unique feeling for me and it will always be best open world crime adventure series.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 22:33)
Another great article for you guys, this game is shaping up to the best open world game in a very long time, and with the enviromental interactions, combat, driving, shooting it will surely be way better than IV imo, please dont think for a minute sales will mean IV was better but lets see what this game has.

20 plus hour story
over 150 side missions, including favors, jobs, police cases, figth clubs, gambling dens, betting on cockfighting, karoake, clubs, going on dates, 20 uniwue races by land and sea, food for buffs, collectables that are statues that you bring back to a marital arts trainer for upgraded combat.
air hijacking from bike to car or bus that is the best feature ever. Clothing outfits that when worn have buffs/upgrades.
End of each mission you get triad or police points for pages of upgrades to your combat.
Decorating your safehouse.
free run/parkour enough said this guy is bad ass. vaulting, climbing up walls, taking a gun out of someone hand during comabt, and a slow mo action in key places.
When jacking a car people will fight you or they will pull away with you hanging on the side of the car door.
Stunts are also in the game by land and sea.
Over 65 vehicles, lambos, bikes, scooters, different police vehicles, buses two decker ones.
Smartphone-nothing known really yet,
Leaderboards for many many things such as longest police chase.
Buy cars from dealerships.
Most important is Hong Kong of course it will takes months to get used to this new feel of a country, am excited someone finally did HK, driving on the left side also.

http://blogcritics.o...-sleeping-dogs/

sounds f*cking awesome.. i was just hoping for a may/june release, august seems too far away, i want to play this game now cool.gif

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Why everyone is so excited about side missions? They are usually all similar, pointless and with barely any story.
I'd rather have longer story. turn.gif

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Vecis @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 10:16)
Why everyone is so excited about side missions? They are usually all similar, pointless and with barely any story.

You cant be serious about IV being the best to the other poster this is for.

To you when have you had a game with side missions such as an open world game with a city with fight clubs, gambling dens, jobs, favors, police cases such as hacking a computer, planting evidence, taking photos of triad to set them up, cockfighting, food that gives you buffs, food with buffs, because buddy it is side missions that make an open world gAme, you cant be serious that side missions are not important to a city open world game likee this, really side missions dont excite you, ease dont tell me IV had side missions that even compare to this but again there is room for other open world games ya know. Plus collectables that givenyou upgrades what game has that in the city open world game, xp upgrades after each mission. Yea i happy with what i am gettung with an SP experience.

I got two copies givnng one away

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I really am hyped up, can't wait!

I must admit, the driving physics of gta iv alone make it the best open world game this gen.

This game just gives me a feeling oi got with SR3, looks great, looks fun to play it and enjoyable but gets boring and forgettable after 30 or so hours, really hope i am wrong.

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:12)
I'd rather have longer story.  turn.gif

To you when have you had a game with side missions such as an open world game with a city with fight clubs, gambling dens, jobs, favors, police cases such as hacking a computer, planting evidence, taking photos of triad to set them up, cockfighting, food that gives you buffs, food with buffs, because buddy it is side missions that make an open world gAme, you cant be serious that side missions are not important to a city open world game likee this, really side missions dont excite you, ease dont tell me IV had side missions that even compare to this but again there is room for other open world games ya know. Plus collectables that givenyou upgrades what game has that in the city open world game, xp upgrades after each mission. Yea i happy with what i am gettung with an SP experience.

Why do you even mention IV? I never did. It had a long story, but it was a boring one.
Yeah well some side stuff might be okay, but really it's usually all repetitive and not too exciting. I like exploring in open world games, but that also gets boring in a while.

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Vecis @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 18:50)
QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 13:12)

Why do you even mention IV? I never did. It had a long story, but it was a boring one.
Yeah well some side stuff might be okay, but really it's usually all repetitive and not too exciting. I like exploring in open world games, but that also gets boring in a while.

Boring? GTA IV have realistic, dark, gritty story like a good game should have, at least that is all i care in game, to be immersed in the story. Who needs boring repetitive side missions. IV had hitman side-missions, which were good and every one was different from the other, the only complain i have is maybe that maybe they could make more of hitman missions and that's all. Gta protagonists are killers, not taxi, , truck, paramedic drivers, so the only side missions that should be in game are ones that involve crime, like gang wars or stickup missions from TBOGT.
About exploring, IV was very good urban jungle with interesting places which resembles New York city and its islands, so it is pretty explorable and authentic, not like some repetitive textures of jungle and empty ghost towns one game out there which is praised by many (just cause 2).

Bout sleeping dogs, game looks very good, city is alive, but i have feeling that all this side activities and other stuff will take resources that could get invested in longer story, since by reviews story is 20 hours long, which is not enough considering that GTA IV story was longer.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

A story of 20 plus hours is huge, a good story is priceless, this is an undercover cop infiltrating the triad, this si something new and fresh, i find games that over due the story missions drive to a to b and kill said enemy is boring.

I am all for over 100 hours of this game, which for me walking in a living breathing city like this, walking around, doing the 150 or so side missions, story, i take my time in these games, so the story i wont even touch only the first couple then will roam for over 20 hours seeing and doing things.

Fight clubs never get boring, gambling is fun alot of time to occupy yourself with and to win money. Jobs and favors, shoplifting and drug deals going down, you can act on the side of the law in stopping random crimes, now that is the best feature ever in any game, who doesnt want to take down the bad guys while just roaming, you see a crime and can take that npc down.

Sleeping dogs will be in my ps3 for a long time, and a fresh city of hong kong will be great. We all can agree that if we love open world games which i assume most here do, then you dont see a devloper or producer of said game, you enjoy the openness of that game, which is why i love all open world games some more than others, but with what they have listed as side stuff, and story this is great for the gamer. If it is better or not of any said game it doesnt really matter its up to the player, i will just want to soak it all in and enjoy my new open world of hong kong.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

http://jtmgames.com/...play/#more-4425

Ground and pound combat confirmed, holy hell yes. Will be a great great open world experience.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

http://www.xbox360ac...lice-Story.html

Handily, every car has a tyre iron in its trunk, so if you ever need a weapon, you'll know exactly where to look

LOL at gta. Cant even access the trunks

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Monday, May 7 2012, 23:48)
http://www.xbox360ac...lice-Story.html

Handily, every car has a tyre iron in its trunk, so if you ever need a weapon, you'll know exactly where to look

LOL at gta. Cant even access the trunks

Yeah but GTA has solid gunplay and driving mechanics. I look more for that then usable trunks.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

+

True crime was inspired by GTA.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Interesting. Sleeping Dogs wasn't even originally a True Crime game.

"Here's a little-known factoid for you about Sleeping Dogs. It didn't actually start life as True Crime: Hong Kong, but as another game called 'Orange Lotus', before Activision decided to rebrand the game to tie-in with an already established franchise. That was before the publisher then decided to chuck the whole thing in the bin." -From the link Hurikane posted.

So there you have it. No point in comparing True Crime to Sleeping Dogs. True Crime was only a name and nothing else.

GTAViscool1
  • GTAViscool1

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

this game will suck.

latersss

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Pretty much everything Hurrikane said except I still love GTA. Sleeping Dogs is #1 right now on my upcoming games list. I've always loved and admired the rich culture and heritage of the Japanese.

Also, another little factoid. The actual real life Yakuza (aka the Japanese mafia) was the first on the scene to help people when the Tsunami struck Japan. Truckloads of food and supplies to help.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 12:58)
I've always loved and admired the rich culture and heritage of the Japanese.

Thats cool and all but has no relevance to this game at all. Sorry to burst your bubble for your most anticipated game but Hong Kong is based in CHINA.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 13:01)
QUOTE (Ryda King @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 12:58)
I've always loved and admired the rich culture and heritage of the Japanese.

Thats cool and all but has no relevance to this game at all. Sorry to burst your bubble for your most anticipated game but Hong Kong is based in CHINA.

Oh yeah, forgot. My bad lol. I have Tokyo on the brain for some reason and got the two mixed up. Brainfart.

Anyway yeah, the game looks fantastic. I'm looking forward to the story.

Purple People
  • Purple People

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:00 PM Edited by Purple People, 08 May 2012 - 07:04 PM.

I found this quote from a sleeping dogs preview about GTA's on foot fighting quite funny and true.

I stole a car from an pedestrian, before slamming their head into the door (you can also put them into the boot of the car, should you be into that sort of thing). Its incredibly brutal, and makes GTAs incredibly stiff melee combat look as effective as attacking someone with an inflatable banana.

Source: http://www.godisagee...g-dogs-preview/

QUOTE (GTAViscool1 @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 13:46)
this game will suck.

latersss
No one will be seeing you later since you got banned haha.

latersss

heisan
  • heisan

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Purple People @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 17:00)
I found this quote from a sleeping dogs preview about GTA's on foot fighting quite funny and true.

I stole a car from an pedestrian, before slamming their head into the door (you can also put them into the boot of the car, should you be into that sort of thing). Its incredibly brutal, and makes GTAs incredibly stiff melee combat look as effective as attacking someone with an inflatable banana.

Source: http://www.godisagee...g-dogs-preview/

QUOTE (GTAViscool1 @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 13:46)
this game will suck.

latersss
No one will be seeing you later since you got banned haha.

latersss

I was gonna buy this game, heard it was true crime blush.gif , ( a friend told me ) but this game looks like sains row, i mean, were not in year 2001 are we ?? suicidal.gif

Im gonna pirate thou, no way im gonna pay for this sh*t!

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

Did you really just admit you were going to illegally pirate a game on a public forum? confused.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (heisan @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 15:36)
I was gonna buy this game, heard it was true crime blush.gif , ( a friend told me ) but this game looks like sains row, i mean, were not in year 2001 are we ?? suicidal.gif

Im gonna pirate thou, no way im gonna pay for this sh*t!

Well done for reading the topic. Read my above post.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

The live action trailer for SD was f*cking badass. They should make it into a movie and there's only one person who I think should do it.

John Woo. cool.gif

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Combat trailer

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

awesome combat trailer, this truly is great for open world gamers who love combat, this has a lot of potential to be the best combat in an open world game ever made, well i think so. Some fight club action their, awesome counters and moves that will have us going around every npc later in the game and just going all out action hero. Wei has a lot clothes he can even a mask. Finally 3 months to go. i bought two copies of this because i can and am grateful, will probably give one away.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

user posted image

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Gruesome as f*ck.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Man, the combat looks better than I expected. And it's actually pretty gory. I didn't think it would be THAT gory. I can't wait for this game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users