Pax video, awesome stuff.

http://www.gametrail...gameplay/728886

http://www.gamespot....tml?sid=6370516

jackrob
  • jackrob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Was looking at this older footage and notice at 0:35 seconds, a bird flies across the screen. This could be a hint for some wildlife in the game I guess.

Ignore the stupid voiceover. sarcasm.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hey hurrikane,do you know when this game comes out?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 18:26)

This game is looking goooood and shaping up nicely, it's got bits of GTA, Assassin's Creed and some Shenmue all rolled into one and you can't go wrong there. The Environment and sounds look and sound fantastic as well, giving the game some life.

@UtricularEwe001, i've heard late August/early September, not sure if that's concrete though.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 13:15)
QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 18:26)

This game is looking goooood and shaping up nicely, it's got bits of GTA, Assassin's Creed and some Shenmue all rolled into one and you can't go wrong there. The Environment and sounds look and sound fantastic as well, giving the game some life.

@UtricularEwe001, i've heard late August/early September, not sure if that's concrete though.

Thanks seddo wink.gif
Indeed.it has free roaming of gta,climbing mechanics of AC.and it has a 20 hour storyline (excluding side missions).this,ac3 and gta 5 (if comes out this year rahkstar2.gif )will be the greatest games of this year.better than 2011 line up biggrin.gif

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:45 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 09 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Hey Guys/gals, thanks very much for checking out the videos i posted, just found this uncut video for you guys as it gives some great new details that us gamers i am sure will love in the open world of Hong Kong.

new uncut video of the producer Dan "the man" Sochan
Keys notes of the interview and new stuff:

As Undercover cop you are taking photos of individuals, building cases against people, hacking into computers, planting evidence/bugs oh yea.

Their are random events such as shoplifting, drug deals you can choose to get involved or not.
Climbing up walls, and free running with backwards kicks was shown in another video.

Also going on dates is confirmed. Enjoy guys/gals.

As Seddo has stated it is rumored to be late August, as i will state without any sources, my bet is August 28, or Septeber 4 as Dead island last year also published by Square was released the day after labor day on 9/6/11 and did well in sales.

He also stated core story is over 2o plus hours with 150 side quests, and you have cockfighting, some gambling, clothes to buy that affect you in the city. A lot of stuff here.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

^ that sounds cool man. but what the f*ck is cockfighting mercie_blink.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 20:10)

It's like boxing for chickens/roosters. Link

This game looks awesome! I love the detail and the fact the streets are actually packed like they should be.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 20:10)

Yea haha i thought to myself teh first time i saw it, i guess its big in hong kong, its like two chickens fighting, i guess will be interesting to see how it is done, a little side acitivity, its kinda like wrestlemania in a small ring and two chickens or roosters whatever you want to call them lol

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Looks like R* could learn a lot from this game.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (Vecis @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 21:38)
Looks like R* could learn a lot from this game.

Yea their are definatly elements that i wish would be in GTA but then when i state that i get destroyed, but again i will enjoy Hong Kong and the open world, it hasnt been since before IV was released that i am pumped about a game like this. I love open world.

Like you stated, in open world we should be able to air jack, from one car to the next, should have been in IV, clothes/food matter, clothes do matter in that if you wear a suit it will be determine a better negotiating stance, if you were triad brawler clothes you are better in combat, its up to the player to buy what they want. Random events like shoplifting, drug dealing while roaming is great. This is why SP should be SP and that sometimes MP takes away from ther SP imo.

There is a lot for the gamer when it is only an SP game imo, and the devlopers have to make it that much more things to do in the world, a la Skyrim another SP only that i enjoyed.

Tunned
  • Tunned

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

For people who want to see how cars handle, look what I found:

I'm going to have to try the controls myself when the game comes out, before I judge. But from the video the handling seems a bit stiff, not sure. What do you guys think?

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:36 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 10 April 2012 - 08:46 PM.

QUOTE (Tunned @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 09:26)
For people who want to see how cars handle, look what I found:

I'm going to have to try the controls myself when the game comes out, before I judge. But from the video the handling seems a bit stiff, not sure. What do you guys think?

Just keep in mind that guys working on the game worked with need for speed, plus it could be the player getting used to the controls, i know my first try with the game i will
be all over place lol. we will see for ourselves.

Another interview is going to be up today by dualshockers btw

update: The video interview will be posted 12est on dualshockers

http://www.dualshock...-sleeping-dogs/

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:53 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 10 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

These are just side missions.

Well here you go folks, this is going to be GOTY and no not because sleeping dogs is on my radar. It is because it is something i alsways wanted in an open world, and in a new place like Hong Kong, and also because some game studio finally remembered the gamer and gave us a Single Player campaign with a ridiculous amount of things to do in an open city. Take note R*.

New Information in the podcast revealed below. Please discuss as this topic is for all side missions other than the 20 plus hours of the core story. You want side missions you got it.
City completely open

1) Favors
2)Racing
3) Police cases
4) FIGHT CLUBS CONFIRMED
5) Free Running/Parjpur cant go in places with a car, yep this is a first for a side mission, going places only few can go with parkour. WOW.
6) Food
7) Clothing Stores
8) GAMBLING DENS YES
9) jobs
10) Bet on cockfighting

This is trully the going to be an epic game and one that will be for the ages. I hope
http://www.crosstalk...com/video-games ... -dogs/6648

Discuss guys/gals what is going to be your favorite side missions? What is yourt most anticipated side mission. Plus this might not even be the full list.

UPDATED
Can purchase a car and keep it in a garage, their are "garages" around the city to get your car that you bought.
Valet service: Do a favor for a guy and call him up and he brings you a car. WOW.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

^about car purchase

so we actually buy the car from dealers (paying in cash) or do we steal devil.gif

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 20:02)
^about car purchase

so we actually buy the car from dealers (paying in cash) or do we steal devil.gif

We purchase a car from a delearship/huts around the city, in a lengthy podcast which was 35 minutes, The producer Dan stated that you purchase cars from a dealer then this car is stored in your various "garages" in the city. I love this, it means that money menas something and i am sure these cars that we purchase will be nice ones. The Producer stated that cars you steal cant be saved in your garage but i will enjoy buying a car that i like and then it will be stored in the garages in the world.

Also note that their is a valet type service where when you do a favor for a specific npcyou call him up and he brings you a car wherever you. I bring up buying huts because in a preview it stated that Wei can purchase a bike at a hut.

This to me is better than picking up a car like in GTA then storing it in your garage, because of the fact my hard earned money will be spent on something that i choose.

You can steal any car you see driving, their are boats, bikes, scooters, buses, taxi's, armored police trucks, lambo's so far i have seen.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

dont get me wrong, i love the idea of purchasing cars which stay in your numerous garages. but its stupid you cant store stolen cars also.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:25 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 12 April 2012 - 12:00 AM.

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 22:16)
dont get me wrong, i love the idea of purchasing cars which stay in your numerous garages. but its stupid you cant store stolen cars also.

Yea i guess its a different twist then what we are accustomed too. i hear ya, it is very different for me on this. i guess since we have gambling, betting on cockfighting, purchasing tons of different outfits, food that energizes you, etc, i assume they are putting emphasis on money mattering, and giving the player a choice on what vehicle they want. I guess with the valet thing also added you will get diffeent cars from him.

Also some new gameplay shows you can even pick up an umbrella from an npc that drops it lol.

George St. Pierre has been announced be helping out with the game, and its combat system.

http://sleepingdogs....eeping-Dogs-GSP

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:38 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 13 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

http://i.joystiq.com...orders-defined/

http://www.newgamene...date-announced/

Sleeping dogs releases August 14 NA and August 17 UK
Awesome news and limited edition is sick looking

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I don't care for exclusive pre-order content but I like the sound of this one...

GameStop: 'Police Protection' Pack:
Exclusive "High Speed" Mission
Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
Exclusive assault rifle
Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle

This game seems great. I can't wait for it.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 16:52)
I don't care for exclusive pre-order content but I like the sound of this one...

GameStop: 'Police Protection' Pack:
Exclusive "High Speed" Mission
Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
Exclusive assault rifle
Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle

This game seems great. I can't wait for it.

Me and you think alike buddy. That is very nice, gimme my tactical police truck baby. Sirens and all.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Click images for full version:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Screenshots Narcis_speed6. I really looking forward on this game..

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:39 PM Edited by Tycek, 13 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Apr 13 2012, 17:49)

gimme my tactical police truck baby. Sirens and all.

You will receive nice truck sly.gif

But seriously I can't say these pre-order are very spectacular. And it sucks there are exclusive missions in preorder packs. Vehicles and weapons are okay, but giving missions as pre-orders isn't cool.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 13 April 2012 - 10:19 PM.

QUOTE (Tycek @ Friday, Apr 13 2012, 21:39)
QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Apr 13 2012, 17:49)

gimme my tactical police truck baby. Sirens and all.

You will receive nice truck sly.gif

But seriously I can't say these pre-order are very spectacular. And it sucks there are exclusive missions in preorder packs. Vehicles and weapons are okay, but giving missions as pre-orders isn't cool.

Yea agree, but everyone does it and its for marketing purposes, cant really complain about it that much, and can't complain that they want to market to a broad range of outlets, the game is what matters, so i am happy, it will all be on psn/live in couple days/week, wait to see what R*, people will be bitching from now until GTA6 sbout exclusive content, guns, missions, etc.

That cruiser is all me, all day/night that is one hell of a sweet ride, that is going to be badass in Hong Kong driving around, rather than a regular looking 5-0 we are all used to. Cant wait, and thanks Nasrcis for the pics was just going to post them.

Only four months and its a holiday for me, love open world and cant wait t e undercover in HK, its a great way to start off the end of summer with this title.

Giving away a psn card over at the official forums btw and a game later down the road. The first contest nobody won.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:04 AM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 15 April 2012 - 10:07 AM.

Whens this game coming out. This reminds me of when snoop dog drop it like it's hot came out. You know it's going to be good and you cant wait to finally hear/play it

well i'm back from google

Square Enix has announced that its upcoming open world cop drama, Sleeping Dogs, will be released August 17, 2012 in the UK and August 14, 2012 in North America. Pre-ordered special edition retail versions will include extra content, and exclusive content for the downloadable PC version will be announced at a later date.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

It releases August 14, 2012 in North America, and August 17, 2012 Uk, and the game releases on all systems. cool.gif

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

I wonder if you can get the Hong Kong police uniform

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Conal123 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 20:02)
I wonder if you can get the Hong Kong police uniform

Not the best get up for an undercover cop.

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:33 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 18 April 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Another great article for you guys, this game is shaping up to the best open world game in a very long time, and with the enviromental interactions, combat, driving, shooting it will surely be way better than IV imo, please dont think for a minute sales will mean IV was better but lets see what this game has.

20 plus hour story
over 150 side missions, including favors, jobs, police cases, figth clubs, gambling dens, betting on cockfighting, karoake, clubs, going on dates, 20 uniwue races by land and sea, food for buffs, collectables that are statues that you bring back to a marital arts trainer for upgraded combat.
air hijacking from bike to car or bus that is the best feature ever. Clothing outfits that when worn have buffs/upgrades.
End of each mission you get triad or police points for pages of upgrades to your combat.
Decorating your safehouse.
free run/parkour enough said this guy is bad ass. vaulting, climbing up walls, taking a gun out of someone hand during comabt, and a slow mo action in key places.
When jacking a car people will fight you or they will pull away with you hanging on the side of the car door.
Stunts are also in the game by land and sea.
Over 65 vehicles, lambos, bikes, scooters, different police vehicles, buses two decker ones.
Smartphone-nothing known really yet,
Leaderboards for many many things such as longest police chase.
Buy cars from dealerships.
Most important is Hong Kong of course it will takes months to get used to this new feel of a country, am excited someone finally did HK, driving on the left side also.

http://blogcritics.o...-sleeping-dogs/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users