Photo

New GTA IV Map: London

199 replies to this topic
nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

wait a sec this is really cool and awsome can i give you a hand ? would you mind passing for me the city model and maybe i can add more buildings and details ? we will both make a total conversion of add the map or something ... do you mind ? im really interested and this look so great ! please i need fast reply biggrin.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

Come on SPOP, give us some updates... at least during the summer, it was a shame to see the NYC progress end, don't fail in this project as well.

nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ May 30 2011, 01:42)
Come on SPOP, give us some updates... at least during the summer, it was a shame to see the NYC progress end, don't fail in this project as well.

the bad thing is that shadow mapper doesnt work on the latest update of gta4 , works on the 1.0.4.0 , and everybody i think abandoning gta4 modding and stuff , all the tools are outdated , shadow mapper kinda sucks , so i think there will be no work eva sad.gif suicidal.gif

but if he handle me the map i can help him work on it smile.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, but I think he just kinda gave up. No posts at all by SPOP in a while.

EDIT: His last post was on April 4th (for ALL threads, not just this one)

AJacobsen1806
  • AJacobsen1806

Random Norwegian Guy

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Jun 2 2011, 02:22)
Yeah, but I think he just kinda gave up. No posts at all by SPOP in a while.

I HOPE that he's just planning a BOOM - DONE!!!, but most likely he's not.

nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

hey can you pleaseee handle me the last update of the 3d model you did ??? if you abandoned the project ill continue it biggrin.gif because im not in a mood to create the surface ... and ill credit you for sure smile.gif

xgtamontariox
  • xgtamontariox

Just Call Me Montario

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

Great start! Looks promising, I hope you haven't abandoned it. biggrin.gif

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Oh well we can always hope for GTA V in London....

xgtamontariox
  • xgtamontariox

Just Call Me Montario

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Unless someone carried on where he left off, or design it again from scratch crediting him with the idea. wink.gif Unless he is still working on it of course!

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

I think he's just busy with college or wherever he's learning now. Probably still exams for him. smile.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

c'mon...i can has update?

nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

this is DEAD DEAD confused.gif ow mannnnn just send the 3d models and ill continue wink.gif

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Good start. But like many other threads in this place, they're just models until textured, collision'd and put into the game engine.
Good luck though if you are still working on it.

nanito13
  • nanito13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

did this city fall with the wind ! sad.gif ?

win001
  • win001

Top Gear

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

dang what happened SPOP?

I guess he's too busy converting things to the game or just, I hate to say this, abandoned it.

MegaDas14
  • MegaDas14

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

this map looks awesome,as it would work on GTA IV.I hope you still work on it. confused.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Nah, it's dead. Last time he logged in was in April. If he's in college, his exams were supposed to be over in like May. Well, he probably just got caught up in life... I was really excited to see this.

Darkdeity9194
  • Darkdeity9194

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

damn confused.gif this project seemed to coming along really well...Now he allowed it to die out like his NYC project. Hopefully he'll come back.

BStyles
  • BStyles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:17 AM

Although I realize that there are dozens of failed and/or dead projects, the way you guys treat the developers (and even going as far as to predict what they're doing with their lives) is really pathetic, and very insulting. Please, step away from your keyboard for a moment and take a breather, or start learning how to develop massive projects, like these, because relying on someone to do everything for you is idiotic, if I may say it in simple terms.

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hello everyone.............I'm back... Yes there has been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong abscene and all of my modding whether it be cars/maps/people/etc came to a complete stop due to school and work. So I am VERY sorry about leaving all of you guys with pretty much nothing confused.gif

But the project is NOT dead!!!!!!!!!!! Seeing as i found this landscape generator in sketch up I can pretty much make a full 3D map of "London"
so the beat moves on!

So check in for updates as they WILL be coming again

Sincerely, SPoP...

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

On a side because London as a WHOLE is VERY flat the city will city will kinda sit in a semi "bowl" "/ with slopping hills to the north and the big cliffs (Dover) to the south

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Beginning of the Olympic complex...... There will be 4-5 main buildings and LOTS of open walking space

user posted image

side note: (I will not make every building, some will come straight from Google and can be re-texured) Only the most complex buildings like the ArcelorMittal Orbit Tower will be built like this....IT will help LOADS to catch me back up

rakker&loly
  • rakker&loly

i love gta 4+ENB series

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

welcome back icon14.gif

looks nice keep going inlove.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (rakker&loly @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 16:55)
welcome back icon14.gif

looks nice keep going inlove.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif , I found i trick with the map that allowed me to use the "extruded plane map" into a 3d map, so there IS no rugged coast now, in game it would simply look like a gentel sloping beach wink.gif Though the downtown will still have the "cliff" edge on the Thames river, lol more to come tonight!

ker0ltjuh
  • ker0ltjuh

Dutch WeedHead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

this could be very nice biggrin.gif but are you going to do this by yourself? i think you need a team wink.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (ker0ltjuh @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 19:18)
this could be very nice biggrin.gif but are you going to do this by yourself? i think you need a team wink.gif

Yeah in the NEAR future, currently there is not a need for one, but the a beta map is ready ill need a team of testers, people who can texture the whole thing, etc.... so i'm constantly on the look out!!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Six Paths of Pain @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 22:00)
QUOTE (ker0ltjuh @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 19:18)

Yeah in the NEAR future, currently there is not a need for one, but the a beta map is ready ill need a team of testers, people who can texture the whole thing, etc.... so i'm constantly on the look out!!

Ill test your map for you.

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

I had never heard of this mod before but when I clicked on the link, I got so excited that somebody was making such a map. Going through the pages, I was fearing it could actually be dead, but to click on the topic on the day it springs up is awesome.

And you are a total legend. For 5 years I've wanted GTA to be in London, and this will be an incredible step forward to that goal. The models look amazing, your plan looks amazing and everything is... well... amazing!

As somebody said before, parks are a must-have. As a suggestion, you could have Hyde Park there in the middle to act similarly to Middle Park (as they are both the most important parks in the city), but to act as a really good invisible wall, create a large patch of endless park and forest that is Richmond Park. It's the largest park in Greater London, and on your map it is right there on the SW corner so it should act a solid invisible wall.

How the M25 will still circle around London is something to still think about, but it could possibly go straight through the park as a flyover maybe?

I think because of very dense map you've got there, adding any more parks would be very space-wasting, so having a bit of Richmond Park in the city itself (and the rest to act as a wall, possibly) and having Hyde Park in the middle could work well.

I hope you consider my ideas smile.gif

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

You are going to have a hell of a time making all the roads and texturing the map. wow.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Tigernose @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 23:39)
I had never heard of this mod before but when I clicked on the link, I got so excited that somebody was making such a map. Going through the pages, I was fearing it could actually be dead, but to click on the topic on the day it springs up is awesome.

And you are a total legend. For 5 years I've wanted GTA to be in London, and this will be an incredible step forward to that goal. The models look amazing, your plan looks amazing and everything is... well... amazing!

As somebody said before, parks are a must-have. As a suggestion, you could have Hyde Park there in the middle to act similarly to Middle Park (as they are both the most important parks in the city), but to act as a really good invisible wall, create a large patch of endless park and forest that is Richmond Park. It's the largest park in Greater London, and on your map it is right there on the SW corner so it should act a solid invisible wall.

How the M25 will still circle around London is something to still think about, but it could possibly go straight through the park as a flyover maybe?

I think because of very dense map you've got there, adding any more parks would be very space-wasting, so having a bit of Richmond Park in the city itself (and the rest to act as a wall, possibly) and having Hyde Park in the middle could work well.

I hope you consider my ideas smile.gif

Yeah the M25 will have a LOT of tunnels (it might go through a park or 2 though lol) lmao, but yeah Hyde Park will be in the map biggrin.gif , and thanks for kind words tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users