New GTA IV Map: London

199 replies to this topic
Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Feb 10 2011, 16:34)
this may sound rude but any actual progressi mean you had google sketch pictures on the newyork map and nothing happend with that one

just a picture to show that it may actually be ingame

that was being OVER ambitious, i was making a map 4 times the size, when my computer meltdown happend it was being tested in game sooo.........

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Dirtyfrank @ Feb 10 2011, 03:39)
No offence but your sense of scale seems to be completely off and sketch up?? I know some people around here might think its good but if you're going to do modeling for a project of this scale you should really use an app like max

a neg extrude of the river thames in a plane with a few sketch up buildings is not much to be proud of, I know that sounds harsh but you really need to think about this sort of thing before even starting to model, let alone model in a sub-par app like sketch up (its almost always possible to tell when something has been made in sketch up btw, whatever anyone says and 99% of the time the people that tell you they cant tell have never done any 3d out of sketch up if at all.

like I say No offence and good luck
if you're going to do something, do it properly imo... you lot can insult me all you like but this will just go the same way as EVERY SINGLE other big gta mod because no-one thinks before they start.

imo you need at least a couple of years making maps in a good 3d program before trying this sort of thing, you'll get so far then realise how wrong you were then start again.. rinse and repeat and thats if you care about the quality.

meh, hope you prove my post wrong though but you'll see what I mean, I fear.

Im NOT trying to make the most high-poly super detailed map mod the GTA world has ever seen........ its more of see what can be done with limited resources, Since i dont have time to learn the COMPLEX 3d programs nore the finances those are out of the question atm... But yes i definitly understand what your trying to say, and can COMPLETEY understand where your coming from.....

btw the map itself is um not finished.. it WONT be a flat plane with a river extruded.... its just a place holder atm, that will come at a later stage lmao

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:33 PM

I hope we will expect some new pictures soon smile.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Bleem @ Feb 12 2011, 14:33)
I hope we will expect some new pictures soon smile.gif

of course biggrin.gif

_Charger_
  • _Charger_

Germany

• Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

hey ncie to see. what about backup your fiels now on dropbox e.g.

and sad taht you don't make nyc was better in my mind

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (_Charger_ @ Feb 21 2011, 19:36)
hey ncie to see. what about backup your fiels now on dropbox e.g.

and sad taht you don't make nyc was better in my mind

yep already making back ups, just have to foucs on college for the time being angry.gif so progress will pick up again

MuseR
  • MuseR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

This sounds great! Ill be watching this project biggrin.gif As a British member if theres anything "cultural" you need help with, give me a shout!

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

sorry about the LOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG weight for pics...... for any of you that are in college you know what a mean sad.gif , but no more test for a WHILE so back to modding devil.gif !!!!

SilentDeathz
  • SilentDeathz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

You use zmodeler2 correct? may you answer my email i sent you or PM. thanks.

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Man this is a great idea, gonna be sick can't wait icon14.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (SilentDeathz @ Feb 24 2011, 20:22)
You use zmodeler2 correct? may you answer my email i sent you or PM. thanks.

sorry bout the LATE repley tounge.gif

I use 100% sketchup 0% zmodeler, I've been using skethcup for close to 4 years now and by FAR its the easiest program to use for this kinda of thing.. I mainly self taught myself how to use sketchup (mainly becuase its sooooooooo easy), there are litteraly hundreads if not thousands of sketchup tutorials online, wether it be facebook, youtube etc.... its like a 3D moddeling phenominom.. the ONLY downside is that sketchup doesn't have the loads and loads of powerful tools that some of the more advanced programs have like Zmodeler, 3D max, Blender etc.... and its very for from the CAD programs like Solidworks... but i can see these features being added in time

and now for the pictures!!!!

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:39 PM Edited by Six Paths of Pain, 24 February 2011 - 10:45 PM.

Finally more PICS!!!!! not the biggest updater but an update none the less... btw im adding another "step" in the map, as most of you can see in the pick is the land is pretty much one giant extrusion off of a plane...... not on my watch!!!!!!! the entire map will be 3d....BUT this will take "some" amount of time...... this step will be after the first beta release so when all the landmarks are finished then ill start to make the final landscape devil.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Will all the stadiums be enterable?

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Just a quick thing, don't make the skyline too dense with tall buildings, I appreciate you're trying tot include all the main landmarks but at the moment it looks a bit too squashed in together, and London's more Medium-Low density sppal, but I guess you will do that on the outskirts anyway smile.gif

SilentDeathz
  • SilentDeathz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:04 PM Edited by SilentDeathz, 26 February 2011 - 12:50 AM.

Thanks for the reply tounge.gif biggrin.gif Uh one more question <.< In the beginning when you put in the map, how did you get the outline of it and actually place the map? Sorry, I'm still learning as you can see, just want some help:D tounge.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (DannyBee @ Feb 25 2011, 20:58)
Just a quick thing, don't make the skyline too dense with tall buildings, I appreciate you're trying tot include all the main landmarks but at the moment it looks a bit too squashed in together, and London's more Medium-Low density sppal, but I guess you will do that on the outskirts anyway smile.gif

Yeah I've pretty much made finished every skyscraper lmao, so there is won't be any more highrises, the only other tall building i plan on add are the heathrow airport control tower and wembley stadium lol,

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Bleem @ Feb 25 2011, 16:08)
Will all the stadiums be enterable?

Later on but not in the beginning

RomerJon17
  • RomerJon17

World Trade Centre Mod Facebook Page Manager

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

Is this going to be Grand Theft Auto V?

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (RomerJon17 @ Feb 26 2011, 11:05)
Is this going to be Grand Theft Auto V?

idk? i hope

n1cky0115
  • n1cky0115

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

I just recently stumbled across this project it looks great!!! Awesome pics too! tounge.gif

Is it me though or are the Bank Street scrapers at Canary Wharf missing??? Theres three, 2 at 153m and 1 at 151m tall.

Also it would be nice if you could fit some midrises in near the Shard to bulk up the Southbank skyline such as Guy's Tower and King's Reach.
Emirates Stadium (home of Arsenal FC) would also be fantastic but i think thats pushing the boat out too far (no offense to other football fans but it's size and bowl shape make it stick out on the skyline like Wembley when compared to other football grounds).

Anyway good luck and i hope people are still following this mod cause it seems rather quiet round here.

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (n1cky0115 @ Mar 4 2011, 19:20)
I just recently stumbled across this project it looks great!!! Awesome pics too! tounge.gif

Is it me though or are the Bank Street scrapers at Canary Wharf missing??? Theres three, 2 at 153m and 1 at 151m tall.

Also it would be nice if you could fit some midrises in near the Shard to bulk up the Southbank skyline such as Guy's Tower and King's Reach.
Emirates Stadium (home of Arsenal FC) would also be fantastic but i think thats pushing the boat out too far (no offense to other football fans but it's size and bowl shape make it stick out on the skyline like Wembley when compared to other football grounds).

Anyway good luck and i hope people are still following this mod cause it seems rather quiet round here.

yar there will be a couple more midrises and the rest will be low rises

Shotgunfan345
  • Shotgunfan345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

any updates? smile.gif

Fresh_K
  • Fresh_K

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

Great Looking Mod. Now we Need The Getaway & The Getaway Black Monday cars. London is one of my fav city's so totally in love with it. Dont Let it Die Please.

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (Shotgunfan345 @ Mar 8 2011, 08:48)
any updates? smile.gif

Ill probably have the finall amount of landmarks done by this weekend smile.gif it will be around 50ish, excluding bridges, the airpot, etc...

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

still no ingame pictures?

n1cky0115
  • n1cky0115

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Mar 11 2011, 04:20)

i think he said hes working on sketching landmarks atm and then other structures and that textures will prob be completed much later on in the year.

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Mar 11 2011, 04:20)

This type of stuff takes TIME......look at the WTC project, that took roughly too months to really start getting tested in game.......im talking about building a WHOLE city.....so naturally this will take a LOT longer, the Main landmarks are 90% finished with a couple more mid rises and Wembly stadium being the last of the major building landmarks, then i will give the map over to someone who can import it into the game(my computers graphics card is not powerful enough for GTA IV sad.gif yet i have 4GB of ram suicidal.gif .........sucks i know)

After the initial map is imported, the beta will come which will be all the building on a "flat map," after the beta will com which will be the terraformed map, so that will have all the subway/train system, road, lights, landscape etc... this would be the second release, this v2 would be released somewhere around mid/late summer,

After the terraformed map comes the "filling in" stage... this is adding all the small non landmark buildings, statues etc..., this will would be the final stage of the map before the main texturing, this would be released Novemeber-Decemberish so this would be v3 of the map

v4 would be the full shabang with all the textures and everything or in simpler terms.....the completed map, that would probably be released around this same time next year,

I see it pretty simple yet feasible timeframe for this much work

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Loving what you have been doing, I am seriously extremely upset you lost the NYC stuff though sad.gif It made me really sad, and I feel extremely bad for you. It was looking GREAT! Maybe soon you can just ask GTARandom to send you the Algonquin part that you had sent to to beta test and it will take less time to reach the point you were at before. Anyways I will keep watching the topic. Good luck!

Shotgunfan345
  • Shotgunfan345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Mar 16 2011, 22:13)
Loving what you have been doing, I am seriously extremely upset you lost the NYC stuff though sad.gif It made me really sad, and I feel extremely bad for you. It was looking GREAT! Maybe soon you can just ask GTARandom to send you the Algonquin part that you had sent to to beta test and it will take less time to reach the point you were at before. Anyways I will keep watching the topic. Good luck!

hopefully sad.gif

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Mar 16 2011, 22:13)

I hope that GTARandom even has that part because when he knew that SPOP's PC was struck by a virus, maybe he deleted it knowing that now he's working on another project and won't continue the last one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users