lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

@Six Paths of Pain

Nice work man!

It looks gruesome! biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to have your mod as my first map mod of GTA IV.. I have been looking to mod my GTA IV but it seems like most of them are good at first but were later abandoned and I nearly give up looking for new GTA IV map mods until I saw your topic.. which made my day! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hey, if you need any help in making or detailing the models, I can always help.
Been looking for something to model for a LOOONG time.

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

New York was impressive but I'm really liking this too. Just don't expect me to draw out your tube maps for you sly.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (dunbrine47 @ Jan 29 2011, 03:47)
New York was impressive but I'm really liking this too. Just don't expect me to draw out your tube maps for you sly.gif

of course not devil.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

More pics smile.gif

The Olympic Stadium smile.gif there will be an inside so we can play "vehiculor games" devil.gif

user posted image

The London Target........i wonder what it looks like (90 percent finised btw)

user posted image

Good old Dictatorment and Big O'Clock lol and a semi nice panaramic view of the skyline

user posted image

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:29 AM Edited by DannyBee, 30 January 2011 - 09:48 AM.

Looks great, loving the spoof names and the London Eye!

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (DannyBee @ Jan 30 2011, 09:29)
Looks great, loving the spoof names and the London Eye!

And that's why I just love, wait let me hit caps lock, LOVE Google Sketchup!

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:04 PM Edited by Six Paths of Pain, 04 February 2011 - 10:28 PM.

Update time smile.gif , the maps coming along GREAT!!! there are currently 24 landmarks on the map..... the goal is to get to 50 landmarks items whether it be bridges, tunnels, skyscrapers etc.... i think thats pretty resonable tounge.gif it definitaly give the city that "London" feel!!

I hoping on adding a subway system....... as well as a high speed rail system devil.gif ........ yes i want to race the Eurostar through the countryside in a Ferrari!!!!!!!!!! so Waterloo Station is included smile.gif

The time scale for the map is this

Now - Late Feburary/early March (at the latest) is building the Landmarks as those take the most time sad.gif
March - April I will try to get a beta out so people can actually get a sense of how big/dense the map will be
April- Summer- Filling up the map with as MUCH detail as hummanly possible!!!!
Summer - Fall..ish, hopefully the v1 beta map will be finished by this time...
Fall- Winter.............. texturing!!!!!!!!! yay with the up most sarcasim!

And ill post pics either tonight/in the morning

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Keep up the good work man. smile.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

thanks, btw there will be new pics up today

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:22 AM

Shame this part of the forum is pretty inactive, this topic isn't getting the attention it deserves.

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

Can't wait for the pics tounge.gif

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (OverTheBelow @ Feb 6 2011, 03:22)
Shame this part of the forum is pretty inactive, this topic isn't getting the attention it deserves.

You're right, he should make some ad's biggrin.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Im uploading the pictures smile.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:53 PM Edited by Six Paths of Pain, 06 February 2011 - 09:59 PM.

As you guys can see the map is filling up quite rapidy tounge.gif , there will be about 50...ish landmark buildings thats excluding airports, parks, bridges etc.... So yeah the map will be pretty dense. The tallest building in the game is 1017' feet tall so base-jumping/suicide re-anactmints should be fun devil.gif , the river at is widest is 558 feet, and its narroest its 303 feet, so its narrow enough to be jumped but wide enough to make the jump EPIC, lmao... I still have to figure out where to route the subway/high speed rail networks but thats for another day tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Harout
  • Harout

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Nice project !

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:35 PM Edited by DannyBee, 06 February 2011 - 10:39 PM.

Crikey, you certainly have been busy. I like St Paul's and the flood barrier! Oh and I just noticed Waterloo station, Science Museum should be in front of it then smile.gif Speaking of museums, will there be the Natural History Museum, would be cool to go in there and blow up some dinosaur skeletons! There should also be a elevated 2 lane motorway coming out of town to the west, which connects to Cromwell Road, busiest road in Central London, which is where on the left the Museum is biggrin.gif If you want a good 3D map of Central London check out Yell Maps That should help with how to fill the map up.

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

6 paths, what do you plan on adding for a convention center?

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (dunbrine47 @ Feb 7 2011, 03:05)
6 paths, what do you plan on adding for a convention center?

come to think of it i don't even know yet "/

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hey, you know what? I think that you should keep updating us or posting pictures every weekends IF you made progress.

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Bleem @ Feb 8 2011, 13:33)
Hey, you know what? I think that you should keep updating us or posting pictures every weekends IF you made progress.

He did make progress confused.gif Unless you're not being sarcastic in which case that's pretty much what he's doing at the moment anyway...

BadAttitude2011
  • BadAttitude2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

Wait a second, SPOP, Doesn't GTARandom still have the Realistic New York Map that you were working on. If so, that means you haven't completely lost everything since the map that he has could be used as a backup.

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (DannyBee @ Feb 8 2011, 21:52)

He did make progress confused.gif Unless you're not being sarcastic in which case that's pretty much what he's doing at the moment anyway...

No, you see I was saying that he should always do this.

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Bleem @ Feb 9 2011, 11:55)
QUOTE (DannyBee @ Feb 8 2011, 21:52)

No, you see I was saying that he should always do this.

Ah okay, yeah that would make more sense smile.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:06 PM

yeah that is probably what i plan on doing tounge.gif pics every weekend........ maybe a suprise every now and then tounge.gif

Six Paths of Pain
  • Six Paths of Pain

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (BadAttitude2011 @ Feb 9 2011, 00:08)
Wait a second, SPOP, Doesn't GTARandom still have the Realistic New York Map that you were working on. If so, that means you haven't completely lost everything since the map that he has could be used as a backup.

The ONLY problem with that theory is i only sent him the most basic verison of algonquin nothing else..... just for testing sad.gif

BadAttitude2011
  • BadAttitude2011

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

ok

Dirtyfrank
  • Dirtyfrank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:39 AM

No offence but your sense of scale seems to be completely off and sketch up?? I know some people around here might think its good but if you're going to do modeling for a project of this scale you should really use an app like max

a neg extrude of the river thames in a plane with a few sketch up buildings is not much to be proud of, I know that sounds harsh but you really need to think about this sort of thing before even starting to model, let alone model in a sub-par app like sketch up (its almost always possible to tell when something has been made in sketch up btw, whatever anyone says and 99% of the time the people that tell you they cant tell have never done any 3d out of sketch up if at all.

like I say No offence and good luck
if you're going to do something, do it properly imo... you lot can insult me all you like but this will just go the same way as EVERY SINGLE other big gta mod because no-one thinks before they start.

imo you need at least a couple of years making maps in a good 3d program before trying this sort of thing, you'll get so far then realise how wrong you were then start again.. rinse and repeat and thats if you care about the quality.

meh, hope you prove my post wrong though but you'll see what I mean, I fear.

Bleem
  • Bleem

'Sup?

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Dirtyfrank @ Feb 10 2011, 03:39)
No offence but your sense of scale seems to be completely off and sketch up?? I know some people around here might think its good but if you're going to do modeling for a project of this scale you should really use an app like max

a neg extrude of the river thames in a plane with a few sketch up buildings is not much to be proud of, I know that sounds harsh but you really need to think about this sort of thing before even starting to model, let alone model in a sub-par app like sketch up (its almost always possible to tell when something has been made in sketch up btw, whatever anyone says and 99% of the time the people that tell you they cant tell have never done any 3d out of sketch up if at all.

like I say No offence and good luck
if you're going to do something, do it properly imo... you lot can insult me all you like but this will just go the same way as EVERY SINGLE other big gta mod because no-one thinks before they start.

imo you need at least a couple of years making maps in a good 3d program before trying this sort of thing, you'll get so far then realise how wrong you were then start again.. rinse and repeat and thats if you care about the quality.

meh, hope you prove my post wrong though but you'll see what I mean, I fear.

But is it possible to transfer the sketch up file into max? You know, so he wouldn't start everything all over.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

this may sound rude but any actual progressi mean you had google sketch pictures on the newyork map and nothing happend with that one

just a picture to show that it may actually be ingame

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users