Photo

Video Card Requirement

4 replies to this topic
Meteora
  • Meteora

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

I was wondering if this is sufficient to run GTA2 smoothly: http://www.videocard...MA 3150 Express and what would you say is the minimum requirement for it (the PC version you can download for free from the official site).

Thanks a lot.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

Try it and see. Technically it's more than powerful enough but it always depends on drivers.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

All PC's now a days WILL run GTA 2 at max. settings, as the ONLY requirements are: An Pentium(single core) processor, 32MB RAM, 98 or better OS, DX 8.1 Compatible card, and 80MB disc space. ALL PC's now a days have Dual Core or better Processors(except for Netbooks, they have Single core Intel Atoms', but the speed exceeds the recommended for the game), I have yet to see a computer that has less than 1GB of RAM, so the 32MB is highly exceeded, and ALL Video cards now a days-even the Intel ones have DX 10, so that part is not a problem. The specs came directly from the box, which is a great source of information to help decide if the game will run on your PC or not-even the description for the game on the Download sites tell the System Requirements, so there is a good source of info. too. Hope this helps and also a friendly heads up... smile.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:11 AM Edited by Sektor, 26 January 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Intel drivers aren't known for their compatibility with old games. I'd advise trying GTA2 on it before buying it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:03 AM Edited by Sektor, 26 January 2011 - 11:22 AM.

QUOTE (Sektor @ Jan 21 2011, 21:11)
Intel drivers aren't known for their compatibility with old games. I'd advise trying GTA2 on it before buying it.

Wrong, I have an Intel GMA Video card on my XP Pro laptop, with an Intel Centrino(Core 2 Duo) @ 2.0GHZ, 2GB Ram, SP3, and GTA 1, 2, III, VC, and SA work great without lag and at high fps. Just a heads up. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users