Quantcast

» «
Photo

Dillimore garage glitch, any way around?

12 replies to this topic
gam3r4life
  • gam3r4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

CJ cannot enter either of the 2 cars in the Dillimore garage. One is a Remington, the other is a ZR-350. When I parked the 2nd car inside, the 2 cars fit a bit tightly into the space -- but the garage doesn't seem to know it. The door still automatically opens if CJ drives another vehicle close to it.

I didn't notice this until some time after I had done & saved several more missions. Afterwards, I did the following to try to solve the issue:

1. I tried to get the garage to 'eat' the cars by jamming 2 motorcycles inside.
After saving into a fresh slot, the garage had 'eaten' only the motorcycles. The cars were still inside, unmovable.

2. I drove 2 more cars to the garage, and after the door opened I drove them far enough inside so that the door couldn't close.
I left the area and saved in a new slot. When CJ returned to Dillimore, the 2 cars were still inside the garage.

3. I tried to blow them up with CJ close enough so that the door wouldn't close.
The door closes immediately after one of the cars blows up. Of course, they are perfect when the door reopens!

I don't want to have to return to an earlier save. The farthest back I'll have to go will put me back at the Liquor Store mission, and I dread having to drive that quadbike again! sad.gif

P.S. My specs are below, but I don't think this is a spec issue. SA has run perfectly for me.
I'm playing the 1st release (I bought it in 2005).

Windows XP
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
2 Gigs Ram
Intel Pentium M processor 1.70 GHz

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Tried a Towtruck or Tractor ?

gam3r4life
  • gam3r4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

Heh. Well, GTA Phreak, I never knew there was a towtruck, and I didn't know the tractor could tow!
Thanks a lot! I'll rustle up one or the other and get to it! biggrin.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:38 AM

If you parked the cars front in then the Tractor/Tow Truck method won't work. I can't remember if the Dillimore garage is tall enough for CJ to hop over the cars and push them out from behind - worth a try. The other method that sometimes works is to load up the back of the garage with Satchel Charges and detonate them when the door is open. Sometimes this will blast out one of the vehicles. If nothing else works, you can use the garage editor feature of San Andreas Control Center to delete a car or turn it into something smaller.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Or, if you're patient enough, you could wait to the mission "Up, Up and Away" and then use this: tounge2.gif ( minor spoiler )

user posted image

The ZR-350 weighs 1400 kg. which is just within the lifting capacity.

gam3r4life
  • gam3r4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:40 PM Edited by gam3r4life, 20 January 2011 - 10:57 PM.

EDIT :

OrionSR, The San Andreas Control Center did the trick!
I successfully deleted one of the cars; the garage is again usable and the remaining car is accessible.
Many thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OrionSR, you're right on all accounts: CJ can't hop over the cars in Dillimore (tried that dozens of times!), and the cars can't be towed because they're parked front in. I tried the Satchel charges, and the cars only catch fire. They barely move! ARGH!!

I'm assuming that San Andreas Control Center is a mod; gonna look it up after posting this. biggrin.gif

GTA Phreak, thanks again for taking the time to respond. cool.gif
I would wait if I thought the helicopter could hook on to the ZR-350, but I doubt the heli will be able to do it due to the way I parked the cars. confused.gif

P.S. Before I posted this thread I searched extensively and found nothing; afterwards, I found several postings saying that if you put 2 cars in the Dillimore garage they often get stuck and become inaccessible. DOH!

stuntdog88
  • stuntdog88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

I have the same situation except with a stallion and a BF injection (buggy), and i'm playing on ps2, so I can't mod.. how could i fix this?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hmm, did you try things mentioned above? (Towtruck, tractor or perhaps satchel charges if nothing else works)

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

there is actually another posibility use a forklift and try to lift one of the cars but if the tractor and tow towtruck don't do the trick i'm guessing you will have the same problem with this one

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's best to park one car and one bike in such garages. Such small garages are not good for storing 2 cars. So I guess it's better to park a car and a bike.

stuntdog88
  • stuntdog88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well both cars are parked in face-first so towing them out won't work. i guess i could try a forklift.. know where to get one somewhat close to Dillimore?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

If forklift won't work, then use satchel charges, it will destroy the vehicles and they will vanish too but garage will be empty. And you can easily reacquire those vehicles.

stuntdog88
  • stuntdog88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Just tried using all my satchel charges (8) and they didn't move. probably because it's impossible to get them in the back of the garage. No idea where i'm going to find a forklift though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users