Should i buy X-box download?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic
andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hi, i'm thinking of buying SA off of xblm. While ive never owned it as gta IV was the first gta i owned ive played them all since 2, but i was wondering whether its worth buying. ive got a few ms points lying around so i could get it. i'm just worried that the graphics and the polish of IV will have ruined it for me. What do you think?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

If you like Glitz, and must have pretty pictures you won't like it.
The pictures are 'crude' like fingers that are fused, curves can be a series of stright lines. Tyres aren't round, etc.
HOWEVER, the game play is much better, the charactors are interesting, and the terrain is varied.
Also, while the game 'suggests' a way of doing missions there are optional ways to get many of them done, if you're an out of the box type thinker.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

The part where SA trumps IV is gameplay and replay value. The missions are varied and fun. There's also a lot to explore too. If graphics is your main concern, then you can get it for the PC and apply modifications. There are tons of mods available for SA that further bolsters the replay value.

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

hmm, I think I'll get it. As far as I remember from playing it all those years ago at my mates house it was great. Does anyone know how it runs as a download game and if its anything to be cautious about?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

AFAIK, there is no difference whether you run it from the disc or if it's downloaded from the XBL market. It will play just the same. Nothing to worry about.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

you might try this topic:
XBOX GAME Chat

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Great, cheers for the advice, now just to clear some space on my hard-drive.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

The two biggest shocks going back to SA from 4 for me were the button differences... takes a bit to get used to, while in a car the gas would be ( assuming its the same button scheme as PS2 ) the A button and reverse would be X, quite different from the triggers... while on foot O would be to shoot as well... It really screwed up my online GTA IV gaming for a bit hahah... Also the physics.. running into someone basically causes them to layout flat instantly and just fly up in the air a bit.... Euphoria + ragdoll is sooo sexy compared to the old engines. After getting used to these things everything seems just fine again smile.gif GREAT GTA, and a great game.

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Jan 18 2011, 15:41)
The two biggest shocks going back to SA from 4 for me were the button differences... takes a bit to get used to, while in a car the gas would be ( assuming its the same button scheme as PS2 ) the A button and reverse would be X, quite different from the triggers... while on foot O would be to shoot as well... It really screwed up my online GTA IV gaming for a bit hahah... Also the physics.. running into someone basically causes them to layout flat instantly and just fly up in the air a bit.... Euphoria + ragdoll is sooo sexy compared to the old engines. After getting used to these things everything seems just fine again smile.gif GREAT GTA, and a great game.

is there anyway you can change the controls for it or is it stuck like that?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

There should be a Options>Controll where you can asssign the buttons for the GTA:SA. (At least the PC is.)

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jan 20 2011, 15:35)
There should be a Options>Controll where you can asssign the buttons for the GTA:SA. (At least the PC is.)

Unfortunately not, but at least you can switch to classic controls in GTAIV. Though personally now I've become used to them, I prefer the new controls.

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Jan 20 2011, 15:50)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jan 20 2011, 15:35)

Unfortunately not, but at least you can switch to classic controls in GTAIV. Though personally now I've become used to them, I prefer the new controls.

yeah that's my worry, i feel IV's give you better control. SA is downloading to my xbox now, i'm guessing there's no way to change controls then?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Since you're donwloading it, wait till the game is ready and Check in the Options menu(s).

Waddy.
  • Waddy.

Gods foster son.

• Members

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

I got SA from XBL a few weeks ago. It takes a little getting used to but when you do its still a great game. I think its much harder than IV too, more challenging.
I prefer the cars in SA too, its a great game and for the few points its great value.

andysniper
  • andysniper

take to the skies

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

As great as this game is I've hit a possible game breaking glitch.
During 'Explosive Situation' (which is where you have to steal dynamite form hunter quarry) every time I go towards the dynamite on the forklift truck the game completely freezes.
I've tried every possible way around it and no idea what to do.
Any ideas?

Komalt
  • Komalt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

The game is now on sale for 600 Microsoft Points on Xbox live! I just bought mine and I can't wait for the download to finish. I have GTA4 but Im kind of bored with it now and I have all the DLC too, I love playing the story so SA should be fun for me.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

I got it off live about 2 weeks ago. Much better than GTAIV. A classic and one of the best cames ever made.

In my humble opinion

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

I have the disc. But I downloaded this as well just so I wouldn't have to use the disc.

Negro Bandito
  • Negro Bandito

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (andysniper @ Jan 25 2011, 01:07)
During 'Explosive Situation' (which is where you have to steal dynamite form hunter quarry) every time I go towards the dynamite on the forklift truck the game completely freezes.
I've tried every possible way around it and no idea what to do.
Any ideas?

maybe try redownloading. does it happen everytime?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:53 AM Edited by lil weasel, 13 February 2011 - 02:55 AM.

Poster did say ...
QUOTE (Negro Bandito @ Feb 13 2011, 02:39)
QUOTE (andysniper @ Jan 25 2011, 01:07)
I've tried every possible way
around it and no idea what to do.
Any ideas?

maybe try redownloading. does it happen everytime?

And, it is a week or so... old.

Protocol_10
  • Protocol_10

Genius

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by lil weasel, 14 December 2013 - 05:53 PM. Topic already exists.

EDIT: << merged 'new' topic into existing topic of same nature >>

I want to buy San Andreas from the Xbox Live Marketplace but I heard it had a lot of glitches and many people had to re-download it. Is it worth the $15 or should I get it on PC?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 14 December 2013 - 03:29 PM.

I didn't played it on Xbox, so i don't know what exactly to say, but i would recommend you a PC version. Because it's easier to install and have better graphics. However, both choices are worth. It's great game.   :^:

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Dunno bout xbox but ps3 version is just latest version of game ( most glitches patched ). So you wont have any problems i guess only problem is $15 for 10 year old game.

Blakegtav
  • Blakegtav

Liberty City Police Dept. Commissioner/Commercial Pilots San And

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

If you have a PC yes get it thats if you have a PC not a Laptop GTA can not run on a laptop only if you don't have the right specs I learned that the hard way. Anyway if you don't have a good computer Get it on the 360 it is worth it I have no problems with it it looks like the PC version just the graphics are 10% lower the lightning is great the render distance is....All I can say is it 2004 Rage for freaking sakes.

"Next generation can kiss my ass As long as I have My GTA V And my 360 Im good"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users