Photo

new ideas for next GTA multiplayer

16 replies to this topic
kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:58 PM

What do you want the next GTA to have in terms of features?
Would you like the game developers to expand on current ideas?
Would you, like me Wuv to see the end of slowthegamedowncornerf*ckingshootingAAplayers?
Perhaps they can take lessons from other games.

After all, the developers must from time-to-time check out these forums for suggestions.

Puffalump
  • Puffalump

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (kaisersoza_66 @ Jan 16 2011, 23:58)
What do you want the next GTA to have in terms of features?
Would you like the game developers to expand on current ideas?
Would you, like me Wuv to see the end of slowthegamedowncornerf*ckingshootingAAplayers?
Perhaps they can take lessons from other games.

After all, the developers must from time-to-time check out these forums for suggestions.

Bring the female cowboy hat back.. don't know where it went, had it in lower levels then it disappeared by the time i ranked 10. (PC)

No forcing females to play guys in missions.

Better looking/classic female clothing, maybe a black leather jacket, suede jacket and tailored pants/boots. Not so much mall rat/hooker or ghetto.

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

There is a pinned thread in the GTA V section for this with lots of ideas already;

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=360753

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:40 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 17 January 2011 - 10:41 PM.

Better servers above all else.Better use of the party function to keep all the genuine players together.That way you dont have idiots joining your team. Better rewards for ranking up but not weapons.I had an idea that you should be rewarded with new vehicles that u can select to start the game in on your first spawn.After that you can get vehicles the old fashioned way.In free mode you would spawn everytime with your car.The higher you rank up the the better cars you can choose and I think in game vehicle modding from san andreas should return.Should running out of gas be include in the next one? It could be a setting that could be turned off online.This one is petty but id like to be able to customize the target reticule.

Since its yourself Kaiser I assume you`d be thinking along the lines of how to make our beloved TMW better.Perhaps having some missions spawning in buildings ects Obviously the map design would play a big part in what changes could be made. For example If it were Vice City redone you would have smaller islands that could only be acccessed by boat or chopper.Now im not a big fan of using choppers in TMW as you know but if its used in the right way and not just for the sole purpose of flying away and landing on a roof no one can get to just to piss everyone off. I think racing out to an island in boats would be great addition to tmw.Then you think San andreas missions spawning out in forests and country land where off road vehicles have an advantage like quads and dirt bikes ect.It keeps changing they way you have to play.Id like to see trains still running online im sure theres fun to be had with that.

I really wish that they get all the vehicles correct this time and not have vehicles which blatantly have a back window but you cant shoot through it.Blista compact. I accept the infernus,the suped up sentinal,the dukes with the window panels I can live with that...... but not blista compact. It has a f*cking glass window for christ sake!!!!!!!! That other one I think its called contender..... its a pick up truck. Ive put many a round into the back of someone skull in one of those to no effect.It really pisses me off.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:42 PM Edited by kaisersoza_66, 17 January 2011 - 11:48 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions Madmonk. But i have a sinking feeling that modes like tmw will possibly be abandoned because of relatively small interest in them. God i hope not.
I believe the auto-aim feature has crippled GTA4 into early retirement. it over simplified the gameplay. People look at allow and disallow, compare them together and saw the advantage of allow over disallow. the thought of players completing an allow game with say, 30 klls and 3 deaths AND it counting to the ranked leaderboards must of made tham feel special.
So few people have truly experienced the beauty of GTA online. I certainly found no joy in popping heads of players of low rank and inexperience on AA. Players who didnt know the simple things like, tapping the trigger, which guns to go for for etc...
Auto-aim in my opinion SHOULDN'T count towards the ranked leaderboards. Disallow aim should be the default option in my opinion. Or the leaderboards can be split into two (AA and disallow) to give more impetus to try disallow.

* kill/death stats possibly eliminated. im not sure, but, in BBC2 only the Number of kills you made counted towards the leaderboards. less emphasis will be made to play an objective based game like TMW to simply build up your kills.

*in call of duty the two best players from the previous match are seperated for the next match. Oviously, this will make matches more balanced. but, i believe if a player chooses to play solo it can be his/her right.
This one is a tricky one, because GTA is all about freedom. Freedom of choice is abundant in GTA4 as you all know.

*the in game/lobby kicking feature should be rid-of. Many times i have seen low ranked players kicked out of games because of intolerance. This im sure has put many people off GTA.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I cant wait til next GTA, just hope like Madmonk pointed out, there are better servers and less online problems such as freezing, kick glitch or being unable to connect to certain players.

I imagine the next GTA will take MP aspects from RDR (which to me seemed like it borrowed a lot in turn from COD), specifically the MP character designs (e.g. you pick a skin from a certain gang, unlocking them as your rank increases) also the normal aiming system (autoaim in RDR = casual, disallow = expert), personally I'd prefer online to be just hardcore disallow/expert aim, much like kaiser mentioned (IMO Rockstar should make it so that once you reach level 8, autoaim is disabled) I personally prefer the $ system of ranking up, rather than the idea of XP, i think GTA should remain the same in some aspects like that.

I hope next game has more variety of landscapes (countryside/dessert in San Andreas), better usage of the whole map in game modes (eg. TMW not being specific to one island, same with CnC), add more to do in free mode (eg. co-op missions like deal breaker, or Noose could be in-corporated into it).

Little stuff they should do, is to make it easier to mute players more easily in game and in lobbies, automatically kick players out for inactivity, disable the ability to use turbo control pads, make it so players can't switch teams in lobby and get rid of AA.

Morganthaler
  • Morganthaler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

I agree that GTA5 will show a lot of similarities to RDR's multiplayer - I suspect that there will be no Mafiya Work or Car Jack specific modes, but I think (hope) that they will probably morph into something like the RDR hideouts. Something that is going on in Free Mode all the time. I suspect that GTA 5 will be an evolution in style from RDR just as RDR evolved from GTA 4.

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:59 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 18 January 2011 - 05:01 PM.

Yeah id expect the next GTA to be much more like RDR for online play.Ive already mentioned this in other posts.Mafia work/ Car jack are basicly capture the flag type games which are always included in shooting games.I dont see why these game type wont remain however im not saying the will be exactly like they are in GTA4. I for one would be greatly dissapointed if they are not included.I really hope the dont go the same way for RDR with the weapons.That gives too much advantage to higher ranked players and as Kaiser has mentioned before thats what seperates GTA from other games the fact that individual skill takes priority over how high you are ranked.It should be the same as GTA 4 where everyone starts with the same weapons and collects them as the game goes on. I think there is maybe a little too much added to RDR they could trim some of that bullsh*t away like titles and golden guns ect ect. What about dual weilding of Uzis ect like San Andreas do you think that would be welcome return? Its really has to have a hardcore mode whcih you would receive bonus cash for playing rather than being a noob all your life and playing with aa on.I have made the chant for a sort of legend mode aswell that can only be accesesed by a certain level of player 8 to 10* perhaps just to stop mismatched games. Ie 2 10* vs 10 noobs is not a fair game the noobs have no chance lol.

FREE ROAM

Free roam could be a whole lot better this time around.Like Morganthaler mentioned with gang hideouts from RDR. There could be drug/weapons deals. Hjacking armoured vans and goods trucks ect.It could be made so there was skill involved like matching the vehicle speed then having your team mate jump onto the rig like in San Andreas.There should be banks that could hit aswell resulting in 6* cop heat which you and your crew have to avoid.If you are killed by another player you just respawn.However If you are caught or killed by the cops you get put into a cop station or prison for a 30 minute duration but also allow the option of your friends busting you out.Or the duration of the sentence could depend on the crime committed.Eg 10 mins for theft or 30 mins for killing someone ect.The duration should last even when you leave the game so that when you come back you still have to serve your time.This would also give more incentive to get you busted out. While in the prison you would have mini games like basket ball and card games.Also prison work related mini games.Hand to hand fighing ect to keep you amused while you team organize an escape attempt.I think true Gta players would welcome this.It would make free roam more of a role playing game and the fact you can be locked up would give a whole new incentive to avoid drawing heat to your activites. .Cage fighting and Pimping could be in free roam.The pimping misions activated by a certain car like in san andreas. Also robbing things like car dealerships stealing turismos and comets taking them to the docks or garages to sell them. You could smuggle drugs from large ships out in the ocean and try to get them to a safe houses on land using speed boats, vans and choppers ect.Trying to avoid the cops patroling in boats.This would work the same way as picking up objects in TMW.The abilty to put items into vehicles would be an idea.How many times have you got to a TMW mission with mulitple items and wanted to throw them into the back of you car LOL.Certain activities could be easier at night or only be avilable at night.I think free roam might just be something special if some these things are put into the game.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

I hate when players turn gta races into dm with the constant respawn killing. I placed 1st in a gta race and had to wait almost an hour before they decided to pack it in and cross the finish line.

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Triathlon - Online

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (ugotsmoked @ Wednesday, Jan 19 2011, 07:05)
I hate when players turn gta races into dm with the constant respawn killing. I placed 1st in a gta race and had to wait almost an hour before they decided to pack it in and cross the finish line.

Hell thats annoying, we should spawn with a weapon even if its crap

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

I think they will probably keep auto aim, but I hope they make manual aim much better, because the one in gta 4 it's not that good compared to other games.

Phenomanonymous
  • Phenomanonymous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 02:51)
I think they will probably keep auto aim, but I hope they make manual aim much better, because the one in gta 4 it's not that good compared to other games.

I actually like GTA4's manual aim because it doesn't help you. Even in Call of Duty, there's aim assist. It helps you stick to a target once you're aimed at it. I hate that. If I'm gonna play without auto-aim, I don't want anyone to have any help whatsoever.

I am K
  • I am K

K

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

gta race = worst game mode. I played 1, was winning by 2 laps, then some troll killed me and just kept spawn-killing me until I quit becasue he was letting his mate (who was in 2nd) win. Snce then I only played GTA race with a friend in private game for the Auf Weidersen Petrovic trophy (t'was a bitch that)

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (I am K @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 23:43)
I hate when players turn gta races into dm with the constant respawn killing.  I placed 1st in a gta race and had to wait almost an hour before they decided to pack it in and cross the finish line.

gta race = worst game mode. I played 1, was winning by 2 laps, then some troll killed me and just kept spawn-killing me until I quit becasue he was letting his mate (who was in 2nd) win. Snce then I only played GTA race with a friend in private game for the Auf Weidersen Petrovic trophy (t'was a bitch that)

lol I used to play gta race a lot, but now I don't play it that much because of these.

I mean, I don't blame the people who just collect weapons and kill everyone who goes by because I done it before and it's fun to ruin their victory but sometimes enough is enough mad.gif

Once I was doing this race, 1st place baby cool.gif but then this moron decided it was cool to kill me and a few others behind me. Of course I was pissed but didn't care that much since I spawned next to an infernus. Next thing I know there is a little gang of around 5 f*ckers who are killing everyone else and despite my messages to unite them against the threat, they didn't do anything and let themselves get killed confused.gif

I killed some of this trolls and I guess they put their eyes on me because suddenly 3 of them were following me. Managed to kill one before I died with honor by jumping from my car, which was in fire, and hitting a car coming at me head on. Finally these trolls all united against me and after various attempts from running away thanks to spawn killing, I grabbed a car and raced halfway through the map until I got subdued by them and started all the cycle again. It was a nice challenge but proved to be annoying and I finally left.

Glamus
  • Glamus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I hate when players turn gta races into dm with the constant respawn killing.  I placed 1st in a gta race and had to wait almost an hour before they decided to pack it in and cross the finish line.

This could be fixed by varying the respawn positions more, or by making the respawned player flash for 10 seconds or so, just enough to get out of gun range. When gta races turn into DM i just leave, its a waste of time and I couldnt care less about the lost money / 1st place. On the other hand, it is so much fun to come flying around a corner and drop a grenade with a very short fuse on these f*ckers. Overall I think killing makes GTA races much more exciting, but repeated (AA) spawn killing is just stupid.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

GTA Race should only be played with disallow, any player that is dumb enough to play it with autoaim on, deserves to be spawn killed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users