Stereotyping

144 replies to this topic
E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Harrisboy @ Jan 14 2011, 21:59)
They also have a reputation for being absolutely terrible drivers... and they appear to live up to that one extremely well also!

This I don't understand.

I mean, the lawn parking thing makes sense when you put it in the context I put it in. But...bad drivers? I doubt they're born bad drivers.

Maybe the roads are different in Nigeria and its hard to adapt or something to your roads?

I'm saying, there has to be a REASON. monocle.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

-All British people have extremely bad teeth.

Funny that because England has free dental care don't they?and every kid is meant to get braces?

The women can't drive is actually not a stereotype, i hate being behind a chick and they speed up/slow down speed up/slowdown all the f*cking time, sure women are safer drivers, but thats because they give way to every tom dick and harry, they drive slow, and take forever to over take.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

england has already been summed up by brownbear which at i laughed uncontrolably (funny coz its true)

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

GTAF's Resident Niggling Pedant

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Jan 15 2011, 04:01)
QUOTE (Harrisboy @ Jan 14 2011, 21:59)
They also have a reputation for being absolutely terrible drivers... and they appear to live up to that one extremely well also!

This I don't understand.

I mean, the lawn parking thing makes sense when you put it in the context I put it in. But...bad drivers? I doubt they're born bad drivers.

Maybe the roads are different in Nigeria and its hard to adapt or something to your roads?

I'm saying, there has to be a REASON. monocle.gif

It's a trend across most of East, Southern and Western Africa. The reason being, in order to pass a driving test in somewhere like Nigeria, you can sit it- or alternatively and much more commonly, simply hand over $50 US and they'll just say you've passed it. In the EU you can drive for up to a year on a license from outside of the EU- so that gives them a year on European roads with no real examination in their driving quality.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

sometimes I wonder if Europe is all that useful tounge.gif haha

well, in Belgium, every time we see someone from Turkey, we think our money will be stolen confused.gif

tad racist, but immigrants in belgium sometimes tend to be annoying confused.gif and...thieves

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

I keep seeing everywhere that "black people like grape drink." That's not true. They all like Purple drink. It's made by mixing water with purple.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

People on Canvey Island are absolute savages, they don't have electricity or running water. They live on their deserted, grey piece of sh*t mud hill and reside in houses made of sticks and manure. Every man has eight fingers and at least twleve toes due to years of inbreeding. They eat human flesh and then whine that no one sees their dismal part of South East England in a positive light. No good has ever come from Canvey Island. No good people have ever lived on Canvey Island and it's more useless than Slough and Basildon combined.

The inbreeding thing is actually a pretty long running joke amongst us Southenders, not many people in south Essex seem to like Canvey Island.

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Jan 15 2011, 20:13)
I keep seeing everywhere that "black people like grape drink." That's not true. They all like Purple drink. It's made by mixing water with purple.

Wasn't there a commercial for Sunny D with a bunch of white kids and one black kid running to a refrigerator for some refreshment? If I remember correctly, the white kids open the door and are jumping in joy for "Sunny D"! And the one black kid is staring in to space probably at the purple drink.

Source: Dave Chappelle

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

When i was little when i thought of England, the first thing to come into my head was Mr. Bean. inlove.gif

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Jan 12 2011, 15:10)
Before Stefche and Chorup come in here to continue their big hoohah from the Have a Question? topic I'd just like to state that I like neither tea nor crumpets. I also hate cricket and the Queen. I do actually have bad teeth though.

As for England specific stereotypes, it really is grim up North. I can count on my fingers and toes the number of days I've had since arriving in Newcastle that it hasn't rained/snowed at some point. Granted it's winter, but still.

.........wut? Seriously?

Wait til summer, we have fine summer's.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

Californians:
  • bad drivers
  • We see, work with, have met and live next to movie stars, no matter what part of the state we live in.
  • We all say "dude", "whatever", and "like" a lot.
  • Vegetarians/vegans
  • We're hippies, and gay, therefore we're pussies, and can't fight.
  • Avocado is on everything (go ahead go to any chain restaurant and look for a menu item with the word California on it, it'll probably have avocado)

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

- Italians : Loud Mouths who use exagerated hand expressions, who love to eat Pizza and pasta or course, some which are party animals and connected to Organized crime.

9/10 i suppose on the media it's true look at the news, whenever you read somthing on the news about Italy is appears Berlusconi has had intercourse with a relative of the president of Egypt. Or the other half it's about some form of criminality.

However i assure you that there is much more to Italy and it's people than just that, Italians are proud people and generally quite nice. We are also dubbed as being "Racists" well the majority of us arn't and the one's who are are probably racist because Italy isn't like America or UK where diversity is a big thing.

- French : "We Surrender, we Surrender!!"

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (JayM @ Jan 15 2011, 21:58)
QUOTE (Robinski @ Jan 12 2011, 15:10)
Before Stefche and Chorup come in here to continue their big hoohah from the Have a Question? topic I'd just like to state that I like neither tea nor crumpets. I also hate cricket and the Queen. I do actually have bad teeth though.

As for England specific stereotypes, it really is grim up North. I can count on my fingers and toes the number of days I've had since arriving in Newcastle that it hasn't rained/snowed at some point. Granted it's winter, but still.

Wait til summer, we have fine summer's.

Most summers here are passable. Some recent ones have been pretty hot, I'll admit that. I should've included in my post that I'm a native northerner by the way, I only recently (Sept) moved the Newcastle but I'm from Middlesbrough.

On that subject, Northerners and Scots both seem to share the stereotype of loving really unhealthy foods e.g. Parmos and deep fired Mars bars.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Jan 15 2011, 16:13)

Yes we do.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:19 AM Edited by d0mm2k8, 16 January 2011 - 12:39 AM.

QUOTE (Robinski @ Jan 16 2011, 00:35)
deep fired Mars bars.

Jesus. I live up North and those things have just appeared.
They look and smell like sh*t.

Funny that because England has free dental care don't they?and every kid is meant to get braces?
Dental care's only free for children really, and kids only get braces if their teeth ain't straight.

My teeth are quite white, straight and strong however I have three fillings.
I don't get it.

eastcoastboy17
  • eastcoastboy17

American badass

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:52 AM Edited by eastcoastboy17, 16 January 2011 - 03:07 AM.

Alright heres mine.

*Asian people deliver noodles, loves kung fuo and loves fried rice.
*hispanic people are hard workers, thefts and love tacos and sell drugs
*Black people likes fried chicken, rap, and watermelon and talk ghetto
*White midwestern and southern people are in inbred rednecks, trailer park trash
*Jewish people have big noses
*Arab people are rude
*italian people love pizza
*Cops loves donuts
*Fat people are lazy
*Muslims likes killing people
*Native americans are savages
*White people are nerds, dress funny and have bad breath and talk proper
*Irish people love to get drunk
*Americans are arrogant
*British people drink tea

I think every single one of those are untrue and rather racist but those are the things ive had heard so far.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:11 AM Edited by E.A.B., 16 January 2011 - 07:14 AM.

They're not untrue, but they ARE sweeping generalizations that don't take into account individuality and also exaggerate somethings.

The 'Muslims like killing people' one, though, is pretty absurd. No one LIKES to kill anything.

But as a Hispanic, yes, I love my rice and beans. My family is also, oddly enough, filled to the brim with hard workers that will probably die off before they hit 50. Or at least feel like they're 80 when they're 50. sh*t, my GRANDFATHER still works in the Construction business. But for all of them, it's payed off well.

Also, a lot of America's drugs come through Latin America, so the drug part has some merit. But come on, if EVERY hispanic LIKED drugs, then...I mean, it's absurd. It's not as if there aren't small farmers and victims in Latin America. Hell, even more than there EVER WILL BE in America.

Moving on; a lot of Jewish people DO have long noses (not all, but certainly the ones that I've seen).

A friend of a friend (who's Irish) also has a father with an alcaholism problem.

and last of all, blacks around East NY f*cking LOOOVE friend chicken. THERE ARE, LIKE, 3 FRIED CHICKEN OUTLETS WITHIN 10 BLOCKS. IT'S ABSURD.

Although I will say that the rap and ghetto thing only apply to 'inner city' blacks. I would assume there's some differentiation with suburban blacks and the like. Especially the higher class ones. It's a class thing, really.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

Ghetto Star

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

The most important thing to recognise is that, although we're all humans, in a way we're different. That difference has a lot to do with our ethnicity and heritage. Whether we like it or not, our ancestors, wherever they may come from, had broad personalities which were formed by where they lived, what they did, the society of where they lived, politics of the time etc. and these develop certain traits in certain people. I mean, Black people liking fried chicken is a bit strange, but weren't a lot of the foods in the South fried, even back during the times of slavery? I mean, I could be wrong, but it's possible that they enjoy more because, well, they went through hardship quite recently compared to a lot of another ethnic groups in the States.

But, by the same token, you rarely see Hispanic people raving about Tacos, considering that their background isn't exactly peachy. Then again, I've never been to America, and I've only ever met, like, two Hispanic people before. And they were both half, so I could be way off the mark.

But, does anyone see where I'm getting at? Every ethnicity has broad traits which are evident in the way we look, the way we relate to other people and the way we act. The world's more globalised now, so it's clearly not as evident, especially in a range of melting pots in the West (like Australia, the US, Canada etc.), but the underlying traits are still there. I mean, when I look at where my ancestors came from and how politically-unstable or disadvantageous (is that even a word?) the region has been for centuries, it's no wonder why I come across as a loud-mouth and arrogant.

gtaivpc
  • gtaivpc

I am legend too.

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

In the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" you can see all of the stereotypes about Greeks. Many of us also have LOTS of hair, everywhere.

Here there is a stereotype about most English men being gay. While I do not think it's true, when you see the looks of the average English female you can't help but wonder how those men do NOT turn all gay tounge.gif

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (gtaivpc @ Jan 16 2011, 17:52)
Here there is a stereotype about most English men being gay

lol. I've heard that Greeks invented gay sex.

When you see the looks of the average English female you can't help but wonder how those men do NOT turn all gay  tounge.gif

Hahah I agree with this.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Jan 16 2011, 10:30)
QUOTE (gtaivpc @ Jan 16 2011, 17:52)
Here there is a stereotype about most English men being gay

lol. I've heard that Greeks invented gay sex.

When you see the looks of the average English female you can't help but wonder how those men do NOT turn all gay  tounge.gif

Hahah I agree with this.

This is really wierd, me personally living in England i agree, if you look at the average english female, it sickens me aswell but there are some really nice one's aswell, and also for some reason where i live in italy in my region, English girls seem to be what everyone's going for and loves.

Thats when i think to myself it's probably for their sluttyness rather than their looks.

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

We had dreams and songs to sing

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

Some guy in a pub last year asked me if I was a glue sniffer, haha.

Whats this one about black people and grape soda? I never understood that scene in Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Jan 16 2011, 13:38)
Some guy in a pub last year asked me if I was a glue sniffer, haha.

Whats this one about black people and grape soda? I never understood that scene in Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay.

I think it's something like Kool-Aid or something, i'm not too sure either man.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

I woulda thought its for the Purple Drank phenomenom, cough syrup and Sprite, apparently it'll go purple and give you a ketamin-like feeling, illegal in certain states or something, nto to sure, but grape juice is purple, could just be a eupherizm(spelling).

the generally impression of Polish people is cheap labour, but this is coming from a working class Englishman who has never been out of the country, so it's a bit onesided.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Jan 16 2011, 13:46)
I woulda thought its for the Purple Drank phenomenom, cough syrup and Sprite, apparently it'll go purple and give you a ketamin-like feeling, illegal in certain states or something, nto to sure, but grape juice is purple, could just be a eupherizm(spelling).

the generally impression of Polish people is cheap labour, but this is coming from a working class Englishman who has never been out of the country, so it's a bit onesided.

Yeah and plumbers aswell, i think this is just in Britain due to the substancial ammounts of Polish immigrants who came in, when Britain most needed them aswell, you could say they saved our economy.

JayM
  • JayM

Mighty Ink

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (eastcoastboy17 @ Jan 16 2011, 02:52)

Weird. I'm drinking tea right now.

As for the average English woman being disgusting, with all the diversity of culture in the UK, odds are you're probably looking at some Bolivian princess ( no offense Bolivia wink.gif )

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Belgian people are dumb. Like blonde people, really. And they spend a lot of money on clothes (not that it's negative or something)

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (JayM @ Jan 16 2011, 17:44)
QUOTE (eastcoastboy17 @ Jan 16 2011, 02:52)

Weird. I'm drinking tea right now.

Ditto. I guess some stereotypes hold up.

beto
  • beto

doob city

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Jan 15 2011, 15:25)
Californians:
  • bad drivers
  • We see, work with, have met and live next to movie stars, no matter what part of the state we live in.
  • We all say "dude", "whatever", and "like" a lot.
  • Vegetarians/vegans
  • We're hippies, and gay, therefore we're pussies, and can't fight.
  • Avocado is on everything (go ahead go to any chain restaurant and look for a menu item with the word California on it, it'll probably have avocado)

haha right on the dot.

Law0070
  • Law0070

Not Your God...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Jan 16 2011, 17:59)
Belgian people are dumb. Like blonde people, really. And they spend a lot of money on clothes (not that it's negative or something)

funniest thing is we say the same about dutch people tounge.gif we also think u guys are terrible drivers (seriously, dutch drivers often drive in the middle lane while they should be on the most right lane, drive slow and everyone gets annoyed smile.gif )

also some ppl think u guys are arrogant, but i think dutch people are just more "open" smile.gif and probably honest tounge.gif we'll try to say things in a nicer way while dutch people never beat about the bush smile.gif

though, one thing i dislike, you guys use "cancer" as a swear word..something that bothers me often when i go on dutch/flemish forums confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users