~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

I'm on vacation(at home) this week and I just fixed the cell phone clamp for my tripod.

Just made this time lapse of me playing Ms Pacman. Not my best run but what do you want for just jumping in.
  • Mister Pink, KilnerLUFC and ten-a-penny like this

Captain Owlfeg
  • Captain Owlfeg

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

Looky what we found, another thing from my family's past!
EAaIjwG.jpg
wnRPQD7.jpg
I also started installing games on an old laptop again:
gow2s1s.jpg
Spoiler
  • Mister Pink, Fireman, trip and 2 others like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

After growing up an Xbox kid, I decided it was time for me to see what I missed on the Playstation 2 side, well worth it because now I have the full Burnout series on disk. I might bust out all my old CD's later, some real classics in there.
gjJHpm1.jpg

Nice little collection there - Burnout was, and probably still is, one of my favourite racing series, and barring #1 and Paradise, all the games were brilliant in their own way. Remember how happy I was when I finally unlocked the Custom Coupe on Burnout 2.

AzrylGaming
  • AzrylGaming

AzrylGaming: Homecoming!!

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Yeah,i'm wanna play THPS4 and THAW with online mode...but i dont know how to online in PS2... Please help me!! :/ :/ :/ :( :( :(

Captain Owlfeg
  • Captain Owlfeg

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

I've recently been playing through one of my games, my current task is in Tokyo Xtreme Racer, I have to defeat all wanderers to challenge ???
This is going to take forever due to the nature of those opponents.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:29 AM

https://ebgames.com..../retro-consoles

Hell yeah....

I miss my old Mega Drive.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

You were a Mega Drive man, like myself. 

150 seems a little steep though. Can't say I know how much they go for in a local retro gaming shop though. I do know some of the games fetch 30 Euros!

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

You were a Mega Drive man, like myself. 

150 seems a little steep though. Can't say I know how much they go for in a local retro gaming shop though. I do know some of the games fetch 30 Euros!

Remember it's AUD.;)

I don't think it's too bad especially seeing as it's HD output. Some special/limited editions of current gen games fetch for that much over here. The key rings are pretty cool too.:D

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Ah.. didn't realise there's HD output and those pesky AUD :p And it comes with a whole load of games. I didn't read the thing properly  :monocle:

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

I still own my original Mega Drive and with a SCART cable from Amazon (as opposed to the original RF) the picture quality is sharper AND tuning the TV is now a thing of the past... plus it also works with my Master System!

Best £4 I ever spent :D

• Mister Pink likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Yeah,i'm wanna play THPS4 and THAW with online mode...but i dont know how to online in PS2... Please help me!! :/ :/ :/ :( :( :(

Believe that with select games, only LAN will allow some form of online gameplay - Google will be your best bet.

• Mister Pink likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

I've been replaying Army Men Sarge's Heroes 1&2 on the N64, and f*ck me I forgot how hard they are. Well at least I'm not crying out of frustration like I did when I was a kid. :p Although I have slammed my fist on the couch a few times. :lol: I also forgot how quiet the old consoles were, or is it just my 360 that's noisy as hell? They were definitely less delicate though, I could leave the 64 on for hours and hours without worrying about it overheating.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

Ah.. didn't realise there's HD output and those pesky AUD :p And it comes with a whole load of games. I didn't read the thing properly  :monocle:

I asked more about it in store. Apparently the SNES is on its way too. I never played any of Nintendo's home consoles growing up (With the exception of the N64 for like 10 minutes)  so that'd be pretty sweet to have. ;)

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

I also forgot how quiet the old consoles were, or is it just my 360 that's noisy as hell? They were definitely less delicate though, I could leave the 64 on for hours and hours without worrying about it overheating.

Yup, very little moving parts and no optical drives on cart-based consoles! I love em.

My 360 sounded like a jet taking off... but it never red-ringed on me in all the years of use to be fair :) Both of my Atari VCS's are practically silent and work as well as they ever had - 39 years old and counting  :lol:

• Mister Pink and Femme Fatale like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

I've been replaying Army Men Sarge's Heroes 1&2 on the N64, and f*ck me I forgot how hard they are. Well at least I'm not crying out of frustration like I did when I was a kid. :p Although I have slammed my fist on the couch a few times. :lol: I also forgot how quiet the old consoles were, or is it just my 360 that's noisy as hell? They were definitely less delicate though, I could leave the 64 on for hours and hours without worrying about it overheating.

My 360 can be noisy as hell at times after a decent chunk of time spent on it, but my PS3 has to be the noisiest console I own. The days where I could stay up all night on my 64 playing Goldeneye and not even worry about the console overheating...

This video popped up as a suggestion on my YT. Many may laugh at what the point is behind the collection, given that his collection is mainly Jap games that he can't play because he doesn't understand them, but as a gamer and as someone who is actually trying to aim at something 1/9th of this collection, this actually seriously impresses me. As I said before, my aim is to amass a collection of retro consoles and games and have  dedicated room for it all - Mainly I'd love to have a kid one day that loves gaming, and have him/her grow up appreciating retro games, but it would also make for a cool room to have some mates over, crack open some beers and spend countless hours slapping the sh*t out of each other on Goldeneye.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

It's usually only Aussies and Kiwis I hear calling Sega "Seega." That's one huge collection. 

I'm currently still collecting mostly original Xbox and 360 games. However I've seem to have lost Max Payne 1 & 2 on Xbox original. I'm really pissed. Not sure where they could went. Stupid moving house!

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:02 AM

It's usually only Aussies and Kiwis I hear calling Sega "Seega." That's one huge collection. 

I'm currently still collecting mostly original Xbox and 360 games. However I've seem to have lost Max Payne 1 & 2 on Xbox original. I'm really pissed. Not sure where they could went. Stupid moving house!

So them along with Fallout, you're not having much luck with this house move are you? 

For some reason, though my 360 collection is currently my largest, it just doesn't really interest me in terms of collecting - The majority of games are ones that have been on sale or free with Gold, and the Xbox Original is something I'm after but only for a few select exclusive titles such as Halo, Forza etc. I've become such a retro/nostalgic gamer lately that my collecting is aimed more towards the consoles of yesteryear - I'm still in need of a Dreamcast for my collection. Money has been so tight lately, but I'm hoping to expand my N64 an PS1 collection soon.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

Been on a bit of a Mega CD bender as of late. Thing is, once you got past all of those FMV shovelware titles, it actually had some really good games: Thunderhawk, Soul Star, Silpheed, Sonic CD, Batman Returns, the best console version of Final Fight and the second-best Terminator game ever made (can't beat the T2 arcade game). I have around 20 games for the system and only one of them is an FMV game (Cobra Command, which came with the system).

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:01 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 31 August 2017 - 05:01 AM.

So them along with Fallout, you're not having much luck with this house move are you? 

For some reason, though my 360 collection is currently my largest, it just doesn't really interest me in terms of collecting - The majority of games are ones that have been on sale or free with Gold, and the Xbox Original is something I'm after but only for a few select exclusive titles such as Halo, Forza etc. I've become such a retro/nostalgic gamer lately that my collecting is aimed more towards the consoles of yesteryear - I'm still in need of a Dreamcast for my collection. Money has been so tight lately, but I'm hoping to expand my N64 an PS1 collection soon.

Thankfully I found the Max Payne's! :D

I get what you mean regarding 360 games. For me when I opened the bag of 360 games it was just great to see some in pristine condition. That's a bonus if the games themselves aren't really too rare or anything. I'm really just collecting Xbox games. Not going too out of my way but checking buy and sell websites here and there for a bargain. Also charity shops are good for the odd game that gets mixed up in DVDs. I actually came across some sealed new 360 games. The game was crap, never even heard of it but there were 6 copies of it. Don't know why I didn't buy one and just kept it sealed. 

I missed out in a N64 generation of consoles. I didn't own my own one, just what my bro had and friends. Maybe I'll get one for the novelty. Wouldn't mind getting a Game Boy too. Loved my old one. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

I missed out in a N64 generation of consoles. I didn't own my own one, just what my bro had and friends. Maybe I'll get one for the novelty. Wouldn't mind getting a Game Boy too. Loved my old one. 

Not going to lie, I knew as soon as I got my N64 last year, it was going to be more of a novelty collection item more than anything else. N64 games can be some of the highest priced titles in history (Conkers Bad Fur Day CART ONLY goes for around £90), but it just had to be got as part of the collection. Didn't start off bad though by getting Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye as the first 2 games for it.

• Mister Pink likes this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I still play a few PS1 games like Pitfall 3D, Grid Runner, Armored Core, Persona, Fear Effect etc. here and there throughout the year. PS2 I still don't consider retro, but I guess it is getting that way. PS2 is my main system to play on. Never really got into much after the first couple years of the 360/Ps3 Era. the Ps2 has a timeless catalogue and I don't really see games being new and technically superior as a reason to shell out the ridiculous amounts of money for them. The times I have they have left me in a bore...a pretty bore, but a bore. 

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

PS2 I still don't consider retro... 

I know what you mean bud but imagine when the PS2 came out the babies born that year are all nearly 18. To a 17 year old, the PS2 is a console that came out when they were a baby and PS3 and they might have memories of playing it up until around 6 years of age, then PS3 from 6 to 13/14 and now PS4 til now. :p 

Criminal-Fox
  • Criminal-Fox

"Stupid Like A Fox"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Criminal-Fox, 3 weeks ago.

We just dug this little gem out of the Garage last Saturday, An SNES My Dudes! One Controller, All(?) Of the Cords, and two games: Claymates, and Mickey Mania. Good Find?

image.jpg?width=512&height=682

image.jpg?width=512&height=682

• Mister Pink, Fireman and Night Machine like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just don't put it out in the open now, or it'll be as yellow as all the others within no-time :p

• Criminal-Fox likes this

Criminal-Fox
  • Criminal-Fox

"Stupid Like A Fox"

• Members
  • Australia

Ha, Gotcha, This thing's staying in a Cabinet Shelf as soon as we can make some room for the old gal

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Nice find man. I take it, it's all in working order? Those consoles from the 90's a built like plastic tanks. 

Criminal-Fox
  • Criminal-Fox

"Stupid Like A Fox"

• Members
  • Australia

Haven't had the time to test it out yet, But the Cart slot contacts look factory fresh

(Edit*) Just slotted in a Cartridge, It fits in nice and tight and it's not gonna fall out... but the Cartridge lock is stuck in, not sure if that's gonna be an issue or not.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Haven't had the time to test it out yet, But the Cart slot contacts look factory fresh

(Edit*) Just slotted in a Cartridge, It fits in nice and tight and it's not gonna fall out... but the Cartridge lock is stuck in, not sure if that's gonna be an issue or not.

I couldn't tell you if that will be an issue but thankfully everything else looks good. Let us know when you do get a chance to try it out.  :^:

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Night Machine, 3 weeks ago.

Noticed that my Earthworm Jim HD on XB1 had an update last night that was about as large as the game itself (over 300MB).   I wonder what that was about?  Haven't had a chance to play yet to see if anything is different since it was late and I was tired.  

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I was always a Playstation man, cousin gave me his PS1, some great games too, Doom and The World is Not Enough were the standouts. Later got a PS2, lots of great games there too, another cousin gave me his Xbox as he was upgrading to 360, it was great, Gun was the game I played the most, that game must have pushed the Xbox to the max.
  • Mister Pink likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users