• NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

user posted image

Neptune Graffix

user posted image

Designed by Neptune Graffix

Vice Rage IV is a total conversion for GTA IV, that will bring Miami Beach and the greater areas of Miami-Dade County in to the Rage engine in stunning detail. VRIV IS NOT A VICE CITY CONVERSION TO IV, But a total remake of Vice City with totally new buildings, roads, police, fire dept and emergency rescue services .VRIV is bieng developed with various advanced procedural software's creating accurate geological locations in-game. Expect more intricate road networks with lots of highways and principle avenues, buildings are modeled with great detail and similarities to real-life structures in Miami,FL .

Please Visit www.neptunegraffix.com, site still under construction but pics of renders available of Miami Beach (Vice Beach Island)

Vice Beach Render

user posted image

MIAMI BEACH (VICE BEACH) 42% DONE

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY (VICE DADE) 8% DONE

Other Info

VRIV in-game pics will be up soon, all models that are rendered have been placed and already tested in the rage engine!

About half of Miami Beach is done and tested, expect beta once open formats is ready!

Early WIP Pics

Thanks to as they are literally the dev team!
3Dommer
Chipsman
Gforce

Links

www.gtamaps.net

www.gtaforums.com

www.openiv.com

www.shadow-link.nl

www.procedural.com

www.pixalactive3d.com

www.autodesk.com

www.adobe.com

www.openstreetmap.org

www.neptunegraffix.com

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:42 AM Edited by NeptuneG, 24 February 2011 - 10:26 PM.

VRIV Picture / Video Archive
user posted image

INTERIOR TEST - Club Mystique

user posted image

INTERIOR TEST - Club Mystique
user posted image

OG_GhostDog
  • OG_GhostDog

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

It`s cool and all, but dude.... choose another name. Trust me, there will be A LOT of confusion. There are already 3 VICE city conversions to RAGE engine.

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (OG_GhostDog @ Jan 10 2011, 11:57)
It`s cool and all, but dude.... choose another name. Trust me, there will be A LOT of confusion. There are already 3 VICE city conversions to RAGE engine.

I thought of this too but all the art for the mod is done i just never posted till now, even the actual art for the menu in-game is done so it will be a pain to remake all that.. But im sure people will notice the difference since only one is made by Neptune Graffix thats why i put neptunegraffix.com on the description..

OG_GhostDog
  • OG_GhostDog

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

i gotta go, i got an exam in like.... 50 mins, but i have some questions about your software, im just curious... what does it actually do? what`s the difference between making all the things by hand, from scratch, in any 3d modelling tool, and the things your software does?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Grow up, ppl.
Seriously, working on 3 conversions having the same point is a waste of time, why won't you all unite and work on 1 conversion together? The chance of release will be much bigger.

sokol_janow
  • sokol_janow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

I like the idea, but please, rename it ! there are 3 mods like this, and most of peoples think that all of them is one mod.
how about mIVmi or something like that, It should be catchy smile.gif

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:22 PM Edited by NeptuneG, 10 January 2011 - 06:29 PM.

QUOTE (OG_GhostDog @ Jan 10 2011, 12:49)
i gotta go, i got an exam in like.... 50 mins, but i have some questions about your software, im just curious... what does it actually do?  what`s the difference between making all the things by hand, from scratch, in any 3d modelling tool, and the things your software does?

Procedural tools allows professional users in entertainment, architecture, urban planning, GIS and general 3D content production with a unique conceptual design and modeling solution for the efficient creation of 3D cities and buildings. Mass modeling with almost every piece of geometry being unique by configuring them inside various procedural programs, for example all trees are all unique in style and size.. Just like buildings are all different in shape form and the same rules apply for road-networks which are all different in size or style by just configuring options and by creating code in the procedural programs collada/python scripting interface.. Its mainly 2 programs that can function like this Cityengine/Cityscape its somewhat like building in simcity but with a collada/python scripting interface... BTW: Cityscape is no longer available in public sites to buy nor to start a trial.. If you never got it your pretty much out of gas with pixalactive's cityscape wink.gif

I really have no knowledge on the scripting/programming part my cousin is doing it for me, but once this mod is released i will probably also release some of the tools that was used to make the mod...

NOTE: I never created procedural software myself(Not my program), its just scripts and configurations Neptune Graffix has made to work with different 3d gaming engines ;ie Rage Engine

hope this helps wink.gif

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:26 PM Edited by NeptuneG, 10 January 2011 - 01:33 PM.

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Jan 10 2011, 13:01)
Grow up, ppl.
Seriously, working on 3 conversions having the same point is a waste of time, why won't you all unite and work on 1 conversion together? The chance of release will be much bigger.

As i stated on the topic: VRIV IS NOT A VICE CITY CONVERSION TO IV, But a total remake of Vice City

This has nothing to do with rockstar's original GTA Vice City Map. Not one model from GTA:VC will be used in this project..

All models are created from scratch and not converted from a older rockstar game

BTW: We are creating this mod cause we actually are established in Miami,FL wink.gif

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

another one? jees... people, stop being so original?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 13:26)
QUOTE (lolleroz @ Jan 10 2011, 13:01)
Grow up, ppl.

As i stated on the topic: VRIV IS NOT A VICE CITY CONVERSION TO IV, But a total remake of Vice City

This has nothing to do with rockstar's original GTA Vice City Map. Not one model from GTA:VC will be used in this project..

All models are created from scratch and not converted from a older rockstar game

wow.gif
Can't wait then, VC rocks.

orgcon
  • orgcon

Kree!

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

lol Yet another reason why a name change would be fruitful, DUMB ppl think its a conversion lol.gif

I think this mod is gonna ROCK, I never understood why ppl Pine'd over VC, it wasn't very big, and the only bit that looked really good was Ocean Drive because it was lit in neon at night (which looked sexy).

I always wanted to drive along those really long low bridges in Miami!

So good luck with the mod, and don't give up just because you get sick of numpties thinking its a conversion JUST IGNORE THEM. icon14.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Morrissey.
  • Morrissey.

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

note for stupidness: he is just doing vice city better, not doing vice city to IV.

TheD199434
  • TheD199434

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Eh? I don't get it now, but IF it is that what I think, then i would call this project as stupid idea, because, as already told, there are much more of THE same conversation "aim", to convert VC to IV-RAGE engine. In you'r case, i would join the project with best process. It"'s gonna be big waste of time... lol
You make a good process, like "80% finished" (pretty much) and the other got 100% finished + released alpha version, and worthless sadness for you confused.gif

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (TheD199434 @ Jan 10 2011, 15:31)
Eh? I don't get it now, but IF it is that what I think, then i would call this project as stupid idea, because, as already told, there are much more of THE same conversation "aim", to convert VC to IV-RAGE engine. In you'r case, i would join the project with best process. It"'s gonna be big waste of time... lol
You make a good process, like "80% finished" (pretty much) and the other got 100% finished + released alpha version, and worthless sadness for you confused.gif

I'll repeat it one more time for you, suicidal.gif

VRIV IS NOT A VICE CITY CONVERSION TO IV, But a total remake of Vice City

BTW: We are creating this mod cause we actually are established in Miami,FL wink.gif

TheD199434
  • TheD199434

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 15:48)
I'll repeat it one more time for you, suicidal.gif

VRIV IS NOT A VICE CITY CONVERSION TO IV, But a total remake of Vice City

K, chillax dude dozingoff.gif These comments and all confusing me barf8bd.gif
I would download it if it successes biggrin.gif

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 14:22)
i gotta go, i got an exam in like.... 50 mins, but i have some questions about your software, im just curious... what does it actually do?  what`s the difference between making all the things by hand, from scratch, in any 3d modelling tool, and the things your software does?

Procedural tools allows professional users in entertainment, architecture, urban planning, GIS and general 3D content production with a unique conceptual design and modeling solution for the efficient creation of 3D cities and buildings. Mass modeling with almost every piece of geometry being unique by configuring them inside various procedural programs, for example all trees are all unique in style and size.. Just like buildings are all different in shape form and the same rules apply for road-networks which are all different in size or style by just configuring options and by creating code in the procedural programs collada scripting interface.. Its mainly 2 programs that can function like this Cityengine/Cityscape its somewhat like building in simcity but with a collada scripting interface... BTW: Cityscape is no longer available in public sites to buy nor to start a trial.. If you never got it your pretty much out of gas with pixalactive's cityscape wink.gif

I really have no knowledge on the scripting/programming part my cousin is doing it for me, but once this mod is released i will probably also release some of the tools that was used to make the mod...

NOTE: I never created procedural software myself(Not my program), its just scripts and configurations Neptune Graffix has made to work with different 3d gaming engines ;ie Rage Engine

hope this helps wink.gif

Do you have any idea of how much power it will take to have everything unique? This sounds cool, but I don't think RAGE will be able to handle it, unless this is done right.

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:41 PM Edited by NeptuneG, 10 January 2011 - 06:31 PM.

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Jan 10 2011, 16:14)
QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 14:22)

Procedural tools allows professional users in entertainment, architecture, urban planning, GIS and general 3D content production with a unique conceptual design and modeling solution for the efficient creation of 3D cities and buildings. Mass modeling with almost every piece of geometry being unique by configuring them inside various procedural programs, for example all trees are all unique in style and size.. Just like buildings are all different in shape form and the same rules apply for road-networks which are all different in size or style by just configuring options and by creating code in the procedural programs collada/python scripting interface.. Its mainly 2 programs that can function like this Cityengine/Cityscape its somewhat like building in simcity but with a collada/python scripting interface... BTW: Cityscape is no longer available in public sites to buy nor to start a trial.. If you never got it your pretty much out of gas with pixalactive's cityscape wink.gif

hope this helps wink.gif

Do you have any idea of how much power it will take to have everything unique? This sounds cool, but I don't think RAGE will be able to handle it, unless this is done right.

Doing it right is our mission wink.gif

Miami Beach Island(Pic on first post) has been tested successfully with no problems, everything is optimized to work with the Rage Engine.. All were missing is open formats to export stable .wdr/.wbd format

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Good to hear that wink.gif.

What are you using to model the buildings? Maya, Max, XSI?

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Jan 10 2011, 16:59)

Good to hear that wink.gif.

What are you using to model the buildings? Maya, Max, XSI?

3ds Max 2010 & 3ds Max 2011

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Sweet, will be interesting to see how this turns out. Any chances of some better screenshots? Your signature looks interesting!

OG_GhostDog
  • OG_GhostDog

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Rage will handle it. Out PCs might not. But think about all the details R* used in GTA IV, that will NOT be in this mod. Like hot dog stands, debris, rails, etc. Tons of small things that make LC feel more alive. And seeing the 1st screenshot, this mod doesnt seem that huge, making RAGE not being able to handle it.

Eh, didnt i tell you about all these confused people about the "Vice" in the title? tounge.gif Thing is, your mod has nothing to do with Vice City. You were probably thinking about Miami Vice or something when you created it.

So what you were saying about that software is that is has kind of already done models that you model into the things you want? by modifying it`s attributes?

OMG, i checked out the procedural website. What you are saying is that u got a plugin that lets u do all that in RAGE engine? omfg, you could make a map per day with this tool!
IT`S FREAKING AWESOME. It`s like building a GTA city in the "Cities XL" game.

One more thing to make this perfect: How big are the 3d models? what`s the poly count? is it low enough to make games playable?

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:23 PM Edited by NeptuneG, 10 January 2011 - 06:21 PM.

QUOTE (OG_GhostDog @ Jan 10 2011, 17:07)
Rage will handle it. Out PCs might not. But think about all the details R* used in GTA IV, that will NOT be in this mod. Like hot dog stands, debris, rails, etc. Tons of small things that make LC feel more alive. And seeing the 1st screenshot, this mod doesnt seem that huge, making RAGE not being able to handle it.

Eh, didnt i tell you about all these confused people about the "Vice" in the title? tounge.gif   Thing is, your mod has nothing to do with Vice City.  You were probably thinking about Miami Vice or something when you created it.

So what you were saying about that software is that is has kind of already done models that you model into the things you want? by modifying it`s attributes?

OMG, i checked out the procedural website. What you are saying is that u got a plugin that lets u do all that in RAGE engine? omfg, you could make a map per day with this tool!
IT`S FREAKING AWESOME.  It`s like building a GTA city in the "Cities XL" game.

One more thing to make this perfect:  How big are the 3d models? what`s the poly count? is it low enough to make games playable?

All of my models that are on my gallery have been tested in the rage engine, Miami beach Island is a bit larger than GTA IV's brooker and dukes area..

Depending on the size and Level Of Detail in the model, they have lots of demos and tuts on there site if you want to check it out.. They also released the new VUE with the City Engine for about $300 not a bad deal just gotta find out if it supports .3ds export.. Other Standard versions are very expensive, so if i were you i would stick to the VUE version....

Yes, its faster but idk about a map per day lol you still have to make models from scratch and create shape grammer scripts to get detailed environments..

OG_GhostDog
  • OG_GhostDog

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

I had no idea about this kind of software. im downloading the trial as we speak, gonna play a bit with it. One last question though. Can you export your work, so u can use it in other engines or 3d programs, except CryEngine, Unity and the other one? Could i export a building from CityEngine and then open it up in ZModeler, for example?

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (OG_GhostDog @ Jan 10 2011, 17:37)
I had no idea about this kind of software. im downloading the trial as we speak, gonna play a bit with it. One last question though. Can you export your work, so u can use it in other engines or 3d programs, except CryEngine, Unity and the other one? Could i export a building from CityEngine and then open it up in ZModeler, for example?

Afaik you cant export anywhere till you actually buy the software from procedural..

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

So, the whole map will be done with this kind of softwares?

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Jan 10 2011, 17:39)

Yes, this is correct with real partial GIS data its just shrunken down to fit in the GTAIV world/watermap

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 14:42)

Yes, this is correct with real partial GIS data its just shrunken down to fit in the GTAIV world/watermap

That sounds insteresting, but are these Softwares good enough for this task?

I never used this programs because I have the feeling it builds mostly a bunch of cubes. Will you guys get detailed stuff with this? And what about texturing?

NeptuneG
  • NeptuneG

2d/3d Artist

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:57 PM Edited by NeptuneG, 10 January 2011 - 06:02 PM.

QUOTE (goin-god @ Jan 10 2011, 17:45)
QUOTE (NeptuneG @ Jan 10 2011, 14:42)

That sounds insteresting, but are these Softwares good enough for this task?

I never used this programs because I have the feeling it builds mostly a bunch of cubes. Will you guys get detailed stuff with this? And what about texturing?

Models like buildings that are detailed must still be done from scratch, it dosent magically generate buildings with out importing buildings and creating scripts... Textures are imported along with the models we create in 3DS, with COLLADA scripting as i said COLLADA programming makes everything possible..

btw, Props are not procedural only base objects are really used procedurally ;ie Terrain, Trees, Roads, Traffic Paths, Road Networks,Exteriors and few more i might be leaving out

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:30 PM

Looks good. But is this going to be Miami or a remade Vice City like IV's LC is a remake of III's LC to be more like New York?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users