The Designers Lounge

9,331 replies to this topic
Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Ok now since we started mentioning names, lets change the subject before Newbie War II starts.

When was the first?

Lol, you missed it. Almost one year ago.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:06 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 04 February 2014 - 08:25 AM.

Guys, if you think the old community is bad compared to the new one, I suggest that you simply adapt to the new community, instead of regarding it as bad because of 1 or 2 arguments. If you're someone like SatournFan I understand, but if you're hardly active then you don't have much on a say regarding the new community tbh. You just need to get use to it, there are plenty of cool people in the new community.

@Target I remember that. The designers lounge was even locked for a little while because of it. 

MadMarshMallow
  • MadMarshMallow

MMM

• Members
  • None
  • Best DYOM Mission 2013 "Max Parker"

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I'm from the old dyom community, and I say this new one isn't pretty bad.

• The Odyssey likes this

Viscosity
  • Viscosity

Persian Cat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:37 AM Edited by Viscosity, 04 February 2014 - 08:38 AM.

I might be thinking out loud when I say to settle this dispute through a old new designer competition.

Generation VS Legends

Generation...new comer’s joined after 2012

Legends...old designers joined in or before 2012

What do you guys think, do you like the idea or is it just lame

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

I might be thinking out loud when I say to settle this dispute through a old new designer competition.

Generation VS Legends

I don't want this to turn into another spam war.

• Boris The Vodka likes this

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by SatournFan, 04 February 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Generation VS Legends

Well first of all, the old designers are hardly active anymore (talking about those who joined before 2012 and thus who have more experience and skills to be called 'legends'. I don't want to call 2012-ers 'n00bs' by saying so). The only ones who still come here each and every day are probably me, Doublepulse, Arejai, Jimmy, AnDReJ, Rewas (though these last two are not in DYOM that much) and Prince Gumball (he joined back in 2011, as far as I remember). The other so-called legends, such as Mattatatta, leoncj, Chimpso, JOJOXX (may have made a mistake here), Kratos2000 etc. have either forgotten about DYOM or they are just busy with their own lives.

Second, what kind of competition? If it's going to be another Spam War (and oh boy you don't want to know about what was happening back then), then I might as well leave this place once and for all. If it's not, then what else?

• The Odyssey likes this

Viscosity
  • Viscosity

Persian Cat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:06 AM Edited by Viscosity, 04 February 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Where did spam war came in from, to answer SatournFan question I was thinking of DYOM mission designing competition which takes place between two teams Legends and Generation, Wasn't it obvious, why would I want a spam war to take place on a mission designing forum.

Atlest now we are clear, so what you guys think now hmm

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Where did spam war came in from, to answer SatournFan question I was thinking of DYOM mission designing competition which takes place between two teams Legends and Generation, Wasn't it obvious, why would I want a spam war to take place on a mission designing forum.

As I've said in my previous post, there are only 4 active 'legends' right now. There's absolutely no point.

And to asnwer your question - the so-called Spam War took place back in 2011 and featured several old designers who were spamming The Designers Lounge which has been just created, and also went spamming some other threads in this section (that's how I remember it, this may not be an actual fact). Took place twice, though the first one had a greater impact and also led to a ban of a notorious TonyCJ who, along with jetjatin (creator of DYOM Trailers topic), was the one responsible for the War. I don't remember the exact reason of the 2nd War, but I know both the Wars and TonyCJ's ban eventually led to his attempts to either get back on the Forums or just piss locals off.

Viscosity
  • Viscosity

Persian Cat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by Viscosity, 04 February 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Am I that bad in explaining, it figures Legend is just a name of a team so there are more than four including you so there is a point and secondly it was just an idea 'sigh' no need to lecture me ok i get it according to you not a good idea

Any one else want to give there opinion about this idea 

Chips237
  • Chips237

Ruining your lives since 1637

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by Chips237, 04 February 2014 - 10:38 AM.

No Viscosity, if that competition happens it will be flaming here and spamming there.

Just no.

We were on the verge of a spam war back in June, because of dudeofSANTOS making false claims and insulting random people.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 04 February 2014 - 10:38 AM.

As I've said in my previous post, there are only 4 active 'legends' right now. There's absolutely no point.

And to asnwer your question - the so-called Spam War took place back in 2011 and featured several old designers who were spamming The Designers Lounge which has been just created, and also went spamming some other threads in this section (that's how I remember it, this may not be an actual fact). Took place twice, though the first one had a greater impact and also led to a ban of a notorious TonyCJ who, along with jetjatin (creator of DYOM Trailers topic), was the one responsible for the War. I don't remember the exact reason of the 2nd War, but I know both the Wars and TonyCJ's ban eventually led to his attempts to either get back on the Forums or just piss locals off.

2nd flame war was here I'm pretty sure.

http://gtaforums.com...lounge/page-199

I remember looking at some old posts in the DYOM Section and seeing TonyCJ spam the forums. Seemed like a real nut :lol:

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

2nd flame war was here I'm pretty sure.

http://gtaforums.com...lounge/page-199

I remember looking at some old posts in the DYOM Section and seeing TonyCJ spam the forums. Seemed like a real nut :lol:

No. The 2nd Spam War (not Flame War) happened some time after the first one, but in that same year.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

@Odyssey 

Wow, i was such a bitch back then.

I was gonna edit all those posts but then i remembered that Daggerbomb also quoted my posts, Which i can't edit.  :lol:

Well, Atleast i learned how to be more mature now. 

• The Odyssey, Terano and Spider262 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 04 February 2014 - 02:15 PM.

I reported the topic to be locked as i will do same if it starts again. I can agree with SF, through i wouldn't use words like he did (he's too honest, that's good), i would say almost same. As you said i'm not that active in DYOM, i already said here on Designer's Lounge what i'll do, but it seemed like nobody cares. Still, i will continue designing. 

And the thing legends vs generation. I think Viscosity, you should just stop with that bullsh*t, we are talking here like people. Let's move bullsh*ts for another time (never). Also you said that some designers don't have enough time. But my post was point to make difference between lack of free time, inactivity, laziness and lack of interest. You clearly didn't understand it, so i suggest you to read it once again or just don't post bullsh*ts like Legends vs generations. 

I guess guys like Target, Odissey understood what's this about. But second step is how to fix it. About what  Viscosity to adapt on new generation isn't just bad idea, it's worst idea. She also said to think how future generation will be even worse. Of course it will be if we accept your advice. We should improve what we have now, and then those who learned something will teach future newcomers, get it? If we follow Viscosity's advice, then it's just sure DYOM community downfall. 

I think it's just understanding the simple things that you don't have to apply only here, apply it in real life. For now, i guess this is enough to understand what's the situation, what are the problems, and how to fix it. For those who don't understand something, PM me. 
  • Spider262 likes this

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

DYOM is becoming famous for its SPAM wars. :beerhat:

I always search DYOM forum to find these war. :lol:

Just few lines for fighters:

Some of you thinking that you are making DYOM active. so according to my experience, This is just a waste of Time. 

and also these fights never inspire Guest to Join DYOM Forums.

You know I fail in GK Exam this month because of this Question:

Spoiler

Whenever you try to find the answer of this, Many question come toward you to answer :facedesk:

Spider262
  • Spider262

Give be freedom, Give be Internet :)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:51 PM Edited by Spider262, 04 February 2014 - 04:03 PM.

DYOM is becoming famous for its SPAM wars. :beerhat:

I always search DYOM forum to find these war. :lol:

Just few lines for fighters:

Some of you thinking that you are making DYOM active. so according to my experience, This is just a waste of Time. 

and also these fights never inspire Guest to Join DYOM Forums.

You know I fail in GK Exam this month because of this Question:

Spoiler

Whenever you try to find the answer of this, Many question come toward you to answer :facedesk:

Is General Knowledge a school subject in India?

I also send this to the battle field: spam.jpg

Viscosity
  • Viscosity

Persian Cat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Ok if you guys don't like the idea fine as I said I was thinking out loud and it wasn't practical if you come to think of it but thing is why do comparison, ok compare if you want but making such statements???

No offence, but all the DYOM newcomers really ruin the atmosphere here. I'm not talking about guys like Target or Odyssey or other 2012-ers, I'm talking about people like KD Himan, Huzaifa Khan, DChumber1 etc. People of their kind mostly don't even know how to use the forum, I'm not even talking about our humble section.

So yeah, if we're comparing the new generation and the old ones, new generation sucks. Again, no offence.

Bullsh*t is exposing DYOM member names like this, this is crossing the limit,  Seriously if he would have took my name I would have f*cked him up. Correct me if I am wrong but comments like this cause spam war. If people have problem with the new members then stop the new members registration and then enjoy your old is gold community. You guys know something I had lot of respect of old mission designers, I looked up to them but now I realized that they are not those whom I respected neither they are worth respecting.

Sorry for being offensive and I wont reply to any comment against me after this post as I don't want to be held responsible of any spam or anyone killed after these comments. 

Mood: Not in mood of telling  

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

You all are talking about causing the Spam War but as i can see from the last three posts...The war has already started. :/

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Canadian Scrotum, 04 February 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Why do I always have to make a comeback when this sh*t is going on..?

kk.
  • kk.

So long

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

What's up with this whole spam war bullsh*t? Why fight when we can have peace? :D

• Target13Productions likes this

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

What's up with this whole spam war bullsh*t? Why fight when we can have peace? :D

If you want peace, then change your sig, buddy.

• Target13Productions and Viscosity like this

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Lol, we cannot go one year without talking about the "old community" and how this new one sucks..

The truth is there is no old or new community. It is just a community. The community just expands and transforms.

The only reason  people call it the old vs new is because everyone agrees that is what it is should be called..We are the cause of our own segregation. It is part of a social experiment that we have had engineered into us since.. god knows when. Same sh*t that goes on in school, society etc.. It is not something I expect to change, I just expect people to be aware of it.

We got DYOM Vets,Beginners, amateurs, etc, only reason these names exist because we make them exist. In fact, if you guys want to get really specific, the ones active in GTAF DYOM Community is a really just a small percentage of the entire DYOM Community..

Since I joined in 2010..Alot of designers have came and gone, the community has changed with new faces, old people moving on, and a few of us stick around, even if we don't actively participate in designing or playing. The newer people are what keeps this community alive, because most of them are the ones actively participating.

That pretty much concludes what I have to say, but the earliest I remember on which designers stick around, and which who are long gone was around v4 and v5. I probably joined a few months after v5 was released. Makes me wonder who was around when V1-3 was big..

• Jimmy_Leppard, AnDReJ98, The Odyssey and 1 other like this

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

I was around from the start. I do miss a few of the old designers and creativity. I remember making single missions off an idea and thought of dialogue on the spot. I think an active community is good but I'd also like to see a bit of maturity and dedication. Were all here for fun...or something to do, spam and flame wars shouldn't be the source of the boards activity, but projects or single mission designs that show what we could all do individually or collectively. 

Side note: I've been busy with school as of late, which has me delaying missions from Brie' and other projects. I will try to finish it this weekend.

• Jimmy_Leppard and Viscosity like this

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:11 AM Edited by SatournFan, 05 February 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Seriously if he would have took my name I would have f*cked him up. Correct me if I am wrong but comments like this cause spam war.

No, comments like yours usually start those 'wars'. I have experience, I know better.

And I would use your name if you would still be arguing with Abeer about your real lives and something NOBODY ELSE cares about. If you want to discuss your own lives, use PM. The Community gives zero sh*ts about your love stories etc.

Now, a message for everyone. I hope you all understand that we are about to cross the boundaries again, the 4th time. To prevent this, I recommend no off-topic from now on. If you want to talk about something non-DYOM, use PM. And if you, Viscosity, really want to 'f*ck me up' that badly, use PM as well.

• AnDReJ98 and Target13Productions like this

Spider262
  • Spider262

Give be freedom, Give be Internet :)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

I didn't join this forum in the old "which is Gold" time of GTAF of LeonCJ, Mattana (If I typed it correctly) or the other legends but, I always fell like real friends we are not, but we rate our works, Help ourselves with GFX or advices and SPAM, however I think that whatever happen even if they move us to another forum, This community will be fall in one of the days of the near future. :)

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Although i agree with certain posts here. I'm talking about how to fix inactivity, and make this place more active. That's my point, and my first post is showing the problems and possible fixes for it. I'm not talking about old vs new, or something like that. We are the DYOM community and we should help each other, share ideas to each others, give temperate suggestions, give feedbacks and make missions. That's why i started the conversation. And i hope people will agree with me, and start trying to make this little more active. Let's do it together, like community. We are all the users of Design Your Own Mission, as Dublepluse said nothing differ us. So let's do it together.

• Jimmy_Leppard likes this

kk.
  • kk.

So long

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

I made this signature to piss off people, so not changing it.

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp™

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Then, there won't be any peace on this forums, thanks to you.  :die:

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

A98 is right.

But this SPAM discussion is only creating more spam so it must stop.

kk.
  • kk.

So long

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Then, there won't be any peace on this forums, thanks to you.  :die:

I'm pure evil! :devil:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users