Photo

DYOM Designers Lounge

15,285 replies to this topic
TheDru1d
  • TheDru1d

DYOM Designer & Player

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 16:49)
Actually, not that I want to link my missions in any way.
I counted LCJ's missions in the database.
There were 55 (around 55).
Sorry leon, I got around 70 as far as I remember. tounge2.gif with different names though.
Though they are all old and quite unplayable with today's version.

I think your search fu is a bit off cause a simple search turns up 684 missions for LeonCJ

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (TheDru1d @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 18:52)
QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 16:49)
Actually, not that I want to link my missions in any way.
I counted LCJ's missions in the database.
There were 55 (around 55).
Sorry leon, I got around 70 as far as I remember.† tounge2.gif† with different names though.
Though they are all old and quite unplayable with today's version.

I think your search fu is a bit off cause a simple search turns up 684 missions for LeonCJ

Oh, right. the other pages.

So nope, none.
@Leon ~ why the hell did you make me look like an idiot and did not point it out? \:

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

lol none????

Just type "LeonCJ" and 684 missions come up. tounge.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:20 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 31 July 2011 - 07:24 PM.

I meant none surpassed his.
Remove quotes people. I want this poor messege to be wiped out of the history pages.

LnDPro
  • LnDPro

Homie

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Because I didn't knew what to say... What, you want me to say like: "Nope, I made over 600 missions, you have mistaken." - THAT, to me, would be sellfish...

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

"uh congratulations" sounds better to you?

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Who cares about mission count anyways? This doesn't say anything about how good a designer is. I rather put thought and a good story in my missions, instead of making 10 missions a day sarcasm.gif
I'm working on LVS, and I have created a small building for it that will appear in almost every mission. Stay tuned for a short teaser. But I still can't find a good song confused.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Yea the point is made. Drop the topic and move on. It starts getting carried away when there is an argument around 5-6 posts and more.

IDK if that was a valid argument.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:42 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 31 July 2011 - 07:56 PM.

Okay..? ~moving the subject quickly and making this thread less interesting again.~
So people - where do you take your inspirations from? quite a big question if you manage to answer it whole.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

I take my inspiration form many things. Sometimes I take them from some movies and video games, regardless whether it is GTA game or not. Taking inspiration and ideas from other GTA is easier than others since DYOM is related to GTA. Including all types of games and movies, I normally listen to dialouge and put my attention on the cutscenes.

I feel if the dialogue in video games just says what is needed to be said, then it is usually boring. I like if there are jokes in between that makes the conversation longer than planned. It is also a good suggestion to add comedy to conversations when adding scripts in my video production class at the college I am going to.

The script and voice acting alone often decides whether I am going to continue taking inspiration from that subject. The gameplay just gives an idea on how to present the amount of objectives to give and how to present them. (I do not just look at gun fighting either)

I also take references from real world events and some of the "conspiracy theories". I still have plans to finish a mission pack based on a TV show called "Dexter" (which is awesome and suggest anyone to watch it), but I have other plans too that need to finished before I work on it.

Anyway thats all I have to say for now

OFFTOPIC QUESTION: Does anyone use Skype at all?? CM, LCJ, and I have a DYOM group on there. If anyone creates an account, pm one of us your name on there so we can add you.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

Let's revive the Chatbox!

Stuntzman
  • Stuntzman

CAN YOU DIG IT!?

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:28 AM

Exactly my idea. I hate facebook.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

haha, yea Reviving the chatbox is probably a good idea as well. We got like 3 groups expanded out in 3 different areas.

I think the Chatbox will be the easier to get people to chat on.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

Meh, I stopped working on my LVS mission pack. I didn't feel that it was very professional, but I will use some of the ideas in my upcoming pack.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:55 PM

Wait, did you cancel the missionpack you told me in PM about?

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Yep. But now I'm working on the other pack I planned, it will be something post-apocalyptic, but don't worry.
There will be NO hobo zombies.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Oh my. Sorry, I thought you were the wrong mati wow.gif

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

I think chapter four of the Story of Samuel Garret will be made more of cutscenes missions than playable missions. Everytime I wave too long (sometimes, only a few seconds) in the weapons, cars, or actors list, it freeze or crash or simply freeze.

Instead of having a playable mission at 85%, it might be at 20% due to these reasons. Though, the cutscenes will play a much important part into the story than the play parts.

Your opinions about my choice?

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

I wonder if I should make a trailer for chapter six, even though Prelude, and chapter one through five have none.

What would be better? Me making a trailer of chapter six when all the missions are done, uploading the trailer on YouTube, and publishing the missions on the fixed date in the video. Or, doing none at all?

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 03:02)
What would be better? Me making a trailer of chapter six when all the missions are done, uploading the trailer on YouTube, and publishing the missions on the fixed date in the video. Or, doing none at all?

Yes, exactly, I totally agree!

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 10:54)
QUOTE (Secronom President @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 03:02)

Yes, exactly, I totally agree!

Yes to which option? tounge.gif

P.S. I presume you meant the first decision.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hey guys.
I was wondering if there are any missionpacks or storylines you would like me to review, or 'subscribe' to just as I did with Jimmy's thompson's hiest missionpack.
I barely find stuff to do while I'm free and not working on any missions.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

You could review my Forelli mission pack (it started in BUYSAG, but I opened a topic for it) even if it's pretty outdated.

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 20:23)
Hey guys.
I was wondering if there are any missionpacks or storylines you would like me to review, or 'subscribe' to just as I did with Jimmy's thompson's hiest missionpack.

Can you review my lastest mission pack?

Here

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

I would suggest anyone who reads this topic to take Kratos' offer. He's a great reviewer and he can surely point out what to improve in your mission series. I can tell, I've improved my missions a lot with his reviews.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I just want to say that I will be off for a while since I need to fix some computing issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience...^^

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 20:35)
I would suggest anyone who reads this topic to take Kratos' offer. He's a great reviewer and he can surely point out what to improve in your mission series. I can tell, I've improved my missions a lot with his reviews.

Thanks mate (:

I'm trying The Forellis now, seems I have to delete a few mods so it'll work, and with the final mission being quite hard I'll finish it tommorow.
Next I'll go for Gorgonit.

@AznKei ~ sending you a PM. wink.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 23:23)
Hey guys.

AznKei has already reviewed the missions one by one of chapter 1. But maybe you can just do a all round review for chapter 1 of my Hitman series.

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

It seems my GTA SA starts to have the same problem I had when using GTA: United... I may need to stop using it for a couple of weeks, maybe months for the worst, (that's always what I do when a game is bugging or something like that) meaning I will stop working on The Story of Samuel Garret until it stops. When this mission pack will be over, I don't know if I'll make another one, remake one, or simply end my DYOM 'career'.

Still, yesterday, I found myself a small hobie: making walkthrough for video games. Seeing GTA III isn't bugging like GTA SA, I decided to make a five language walkthrough of the game. That means I am making a walkthrough of all the missions in five different languages. Don't worry, these languages are the ones found in the 'Text' folder where there are the english.gxt, french.gxt, etc. files. These five languages are; English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. So far, the introduction cutscene, mission one to three are recorded and one YouTube, or going to be on YouTube.

Well, good luck everyone with your mission packs and see you in a couple of weeks, months at the worst. I'll still check the forums (Support and Missions) sometimes, but I'll be more active in the other parts of the forum. Hope you understand what I mean.

~Cheers, SP~

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (Secronom President @ Saturday, Aug 13 2011, 17:44)
It seems my GTA SA starts to have the same problem I had when using GTA: United... I may need to stop using it for a couple of weeks, maybe months for the worst, (that's always what I do when a game is bugging or something like that) meaning I will stop working on The Story of Samuel Garret until it stops. When this mission pack will be over, I don't know if I'll make another one, remake one, or simply end my DYOM 'career'.

Still, yesterday, I found myself a small hobie: making walkthrough for video games. Seeing GTA III isn't bugging like GTA SA, I decided to make a five language walkthrough of the game. That means I am making a walkthrough of all the missions in five different languages. Don't worry, these languages are the ones found in the 'Text' folder where there are the english.gxt, french.gxt, etc. files. These five languages are; English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. So far, the introduction cutscene, mission one to three are recorded and one YouTube, or going to be on YouTube.

Well, good luck everyone with your mission packs and see you in a couple of weeks, months at the worst. I'll still check the forums (Support and Missions) sometimes, but I'll be more active in the other parts of the forum. Hope you understand what I mean.

~Cheers, SP~

Very bad man, anyway, good luck with your walkthourght, I'll try to watch it too wink.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users