DYOM Designers Lounge

13,352 replies to this topic
Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I even did a personal check myself on the DYOM Website.. Yes it is exactly the same. 

• Terano likes this

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Alokik, 29 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

I even did a personal check myself on the DYOM Website.. Yes it is exactly the same. 

target and Doublepulse sorry I am made this without your permission----

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14jwk4amzqckcv6mc7_alokik.jpg

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Smh, this wasn't funny at all. I guess we can all get this topic back to mission designing now.

• Doublepulse likes this

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Why will he do something like this, He is a known users,

However, I think it is really very confusing, OpTello disappeared when we started to talk about this!

KowalskiGuy
  • KowalskiGuy

One average penguin, one average member title.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well, I can say that was suspecting such a thing. Probably after someone of us did similar thing (requested a ban, started another account, than got unbanned). T, I dunno what to think about this...

PS. I also saw on his profile, few hours after his last post, that he was active some minutes before, and today he changed his last active time to private.

Gotta go now.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ehh I think we should just forget it before we make the situation worst..

Zizo008
  • Zizo008

Back... not.

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just give the guy a massage.

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • Canada
  • Helpfulness Award [DYOM]
    Contribution Award [DYOM]

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Pathetic, patehtik, patetic, pa... whatever.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Ok guys, let's go on. He received more than enough attention.
  • Doublepulse likes this

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

If it is your birthday today, then Happy Birthday, Dutchy!

KowalskiGuy
  • KowalskiGuy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

@Chips, yeah! Today Dutchy turned 24. Happy Birthday, Dutchy!

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧♤♧♤♧♤♧♤♧

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Now I can see why this topic used to get locked a lot...

@SF & Lee

Thanks for replying and the support, I will try to get work started asap. My social life has became very busy this year. I don't find myself being home a lot any more.

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Happy birthday Dutchy!!!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Happy birthday Dutchy. :)

kk.
  • kk.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by Syndrome, 30 October 2013 - 08:34 PM.

:cookie:Happy birthday, Dutchy! :cookie:

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Happy Birthday Dutchy!

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

You'r not angry? I Thought you would be real pissed. What started as a simple (But stupid) joke turned everyone angry & brought them disbelieve. I Never thought that many cared so much for some kid from the internet. Look...I Made a mistake, I Admit it. I regret my actions very very much. What the hell got over me! Faking my own death?! Well here is something for ya. Couple of weeks ago i got bored of the less activity in DYOM. I really wished for something like a DYOM Spam War or something. I Thought of creating an account & claiming to be some guy who really hates Target13 & wishes that i never existed. This would have brought some excitement & laughs to the Forum. However, I Left the idea. But when this storm came. I Really feared of death. (This is real) i really thought it would be my last day. So i sent Spider a massage. But when i well...Lived. I realized that i didn't post anything

and it would be a golden chance to create a new account. In this account i claimed to be a classmate who hates Mohammed. But instead of laughs, This 'Joke' brought tears & Anger.
I Guess its really my mistake. Unfortunately i'm thinking of packing my bags & leaving GTAF.

My stupid actions had brought me to a sticky situation where i have no guts to confront everyone. I Really made thegtaman upset. Spider...Well, He wouldn't mind but still. Syndrome or something...Well i'm dead to him (According to his words). Doublepulse would start to keep an eye on me. To prevent this 'Spam'. Others will just be confused & feel betrayed. I Know this thing was completely unexpected from me. I Guess i went way too far. So far that there is no going back.

Please don't tell this to anyone. I Know i can trust you with this.

PS: You guys are real smart. Checking my latest activity, IP Adress & all. Never expected that everybody cared so much.

Good Bye good friend. It was a nice time here...I Might return. In a couple of months. Maybe as Target or maybe with a new name. Just remember, I Will keep visting.

Your old friend Target

My PM to Alokik yesterday night. (Yes i'm showing it.)

@thegtaman

I Saw that you got pissed off. I Didn't know that you cared so much. I'm very sorry.

@Syndrome

I'm probably dead to you now. Eh...I'm not sure if i have anything else to say to you other than Sorry.

@Spider

Thanks for being loyal. Not replying, Posting the massage. I Knew i could trust you. Although the massage was real. My death was fake. Sorry...for all this.

@Rewas

You didn't seem to care if i was dead or not. Honestly, I'm glad. It didn't piss you off or made you upset.

@Platinum

I'm sorry for the walktrough thing. Eitherway i would have made it.

@Viscosity

You are totally right. Some jokes are not funny. Hell, My death might be even worse cause i made fun of it.

@Doublepulse, Dutchy, Secro & Patrick.

I'm sorry for my immature actions & you have full right to ban me for attempt of Spam. This is was a horrible joke that just wasn't funny. (If you are banning me then please let me know first.)

@Dutchy

Happy Birthday. Jeez. I Always imagined you older.

For those wondering how long i was gonna put up with this. I Was just gonna wait till everyone read the OpTello's post. Then return as Target with a post like (What the hell! I'm still alive blablablabla) Send everyone laughing, Return as OpTello, Post a trolololol post with a Troll Face & maybe the Youtube Video. Then return as Target and never touch the OpTello account. But Syndrome basiclly knew my plan well...sh*t became serious.

I Guess you could say. I Am 

Pathetic

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

You'r not angry? I Thought you would be real pissed. What started as a simple (But stupid) joke turned everyone angry & brought them disbelieve. I Never thought that many cared so much for some kid from the internet. Look...I Made a mistake, I Admit it. I regret my actions very very much. What the hell got over me! Faking my own death?! Well here is something for ya. Couple of weeks ago i got bored of the less activity in DYOM. I really wished for something like a DYOM Spam War or something. I Thought of creating an account & claiming to be some guy who really hates Target13 & wishes that i never existed. This would have brought some excitement & laughs to the Forum. However, I Left the idea. But when this storm came. I Really feared of death. (This is real) i really thought it would be my last day. So i sent Spider a massage. But when i well...Lived. I realized that i didn't post anything

and it would be a golden chance to create a new account. In this account i claimed to be a classmate who hates Mohammed. But instead of laughs, This 'Joke' brought tears & Anger.
I Guess its really my mistake. Unfortunately i'm thinking of packing my bags & leaving GTAF.

My stupid actions had brought me to a sticky situation where i have no guts to confront everyone. I Really made thegtaman upset. Spider...Well, He wouldn't mind but still. Syndrome or something...Well i'm dead to him (According to his words). Doublepulse would start to keep an eye on me. To prevent this 'Spam'. Others will just be confused & feel betrayed. I Know this thing was completely unexpected from me. I Guess i went way too far. So far that there is no going back.

Please don't tell this to anyone. I Know i can trust you with this.

PS: You guys are real smart. Checking my latest activity, IP Adress & all. Never expected that everybody cared so much.

Good Bye good friend. It was a nice time here...I Might return. In a couple of months. Maybe as Target or maybe with a new name. Just remember, I Will keep visting.

Your old friend Target

My PM to Alokik yesterday night. (Yes i'm showing it.)

@thegtaman

I Saw that you got pissed off. I Didn't know that you cared so much. I'm very sorry.

@Syndrome

I'm probably dead to you now. Eh...I'm not sure if i have anything else to say to you other than Sorry.

@Spider

Thanks for being loyal. Not replying, Posting the massage. I Knew i could trust you. Although the massage was real. My death was fake. Sorry...for all this.

@Rewas

You didn't seem to care if i was dead or not. Honestly, I'm glad. It didn't piss you off or made you upset.

@Platinum

I'm sorry for the walktrough thing. Eitherway i would have made it.

@Viscosity

You are totally right. Some jokes are not funny. Hell, My death might be even worse cause i made fun of it.

@Doublepulse, Dutchy, Secro & Patrick.

I'm sorry for my immature actions & you have full right to ban me for attempt of Spam. This is was a horrible joke that just wasn't funny. (If you are banning me then please let me know first.)

@Dutchy

Happy Birthday. Jeez. I Always imagined you older.

For those wondering how long i was gonna put up with this. I Was just gonna wait till everyone read the OpTello's post. Then return as Target with a post like (What the hell! I'm still alive blablablabla) Send everyone laughing, Return as OpTello, Post a trolololol post with a Troll Face & maybe the Youtube Video. Then return as Target and never touch the OpTello account. But Syndrome basiclly knew my plan well...sh*t became serious.

I Guess you could say. I Am 

Pathetic

I do not what to say, You made us like stupids guys, We really believed you but, I was disbelieving at the end,

However, Welcome back, I missed! :) 

kk.
  • kk.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:42 PM Edited by Syndrome, 31 October 2013 - 11:23 AM.

@Syndrome

I'm probably dead to you now. Eh...I'm not sure if i have anything else to say to you other than Sorry

Oh, I just overreacted and was pissed, because whole fake death sh*t was spammed in three pages.

P.S.: Spider, you didn't have to quote all that long post, OMG.

• Lee. likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Yeah I overreacted too. Don't feel bad about it.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 31 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

Meh, it is something we will all get passed.. I personally do not care about it anymore. I have seen few others pull a similar stunt, just not as serious as this one. I know exactly why it was done, and I have no real reason to be upset with it.

Im thinking about posting a thread about this next thing, but we know Dutchy was mentioning a Bug fix version for DYOM v7 and probably won't have anything really new.. However if there was any small features that you would think not take up a lot of resources for DYOM, what would your Top 5 ideas be?

Obviously, you can post them in the ideas topic, but that is pretty cluttered as well..

So if we could maybe suggest 1-2 new possible small features, what should they be? One of my ideas was what if we had the option for markers on non objective actors, cars, pick ups, etc and we could resize them?

Edit: After reading through some pages of the Idea's thread, If we can take the Top 5-10  best suggestions, that can help narrow things down. 

When making some suggestions
1. Try not to suggest obvious over the top ideas.
2. Try to suggest something that cannot be done with a little imagination..

3. Also don't suggest things that cannot be done out of the script or IF The original game never had in the first place.

Also promises aren't to be made, or so don't get your hopes up. This is just a simple list to make any suggestions stand out IF Dutchy and Patrick decide to add anything new.

Possibility to give why the mission has failed (those letters under the "Mission failed")

- "Actor with arrow" (without be an objective): Arrow in an actor, can be red for enemies or blue for friends;

- Edit player abilities (respect, skill with weapons, sex appeal, ...) during the storyline, and missions require certain capabilities;

- Finish with some bugs, like crash when placing the object "fire" or when we "hide" actor in an actor who is "must survive" (when we do that, the mission fails);

Create an actor and make him follow the same route in a vehicle from another actor, save the work of people who are doing racing missions, for example;

- Power put those type decisions GTA IV, "kill or let alive".

Also I want an option to enable different fighting modes like Karate etc.

customizable vehicles when creating vehicle

Mission Failed- Description

1. Fail reason: When the player fail to do a objective, the appears. For example a friendly actor must survive if player fails to protect the actor and if the actor dies, the reason appear under the big letters "Mission Fail"

-More pickups (Money, Save icon)

-Non-Objective teleports = Make an arrow object and if you touch it you get teleported without a objective. useful in storylines.

- Blips & Arrows: Instead of making an actor or a vehicle an objective, play can assign actors and vehicles arrows and blip colours without setting an objective.

Moving checkpoints...

Adding new objective called 'Photograph'

Ability to add the - (dash) symbol

• Add 2 new checkpoint models: the "bold" checkpoint (the one that looks larger, mostly used with vehicles in the original storyline) and the yellow interior doors arrow

• ability to stop animation loop
  • More animations [most importantly, both kiss animations (one for guy and one for girl)

Talking on phone when not on a mission(on a storyline). LIke, you pass a mission in a storyline and 10 seconds after someone will call you, maybe unlock another mission.

Here are some of the ones I see alot in the Ideas thread.

Abeer
  • Abeer

When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by Abeer, 10 July 2016 - 04:44 PM.

Removed

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

eh

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:20 AM Edited by SatournFan, 31 October 2013 - 05:22 AM.

Never expected that everybody cared so much.

Good job, Target. You really have some potential in doing things like this... :sly:

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

DYOM reviewer

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

I would personally suggest the ''Many decisions'' feature. It's so needed sometimes and it CAN and WILL make missions better.

kk.
  • kk.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

Actors aiming like cops animation. Now we have a sh*tty gangster/robbing style animation, which when used by police looks ridiculous.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Blue, blue, electric blue. That's the color of my room.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

Some balls there.

What i kinda wanted is actually

1. Choose fighting style for player and actors (good for hand-to-hand combat missions)

2. Choose whether to have a fade in/out when cutscenes stard/end and between cutscenes (like GTA V)

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Does anyone want a replacement for MOTW?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ugh, school is a bitch. I won't be able to upload many missions until the end of next week. I'll still try and upload Contest #7 though.

KowalskiGuy
  • KowalskiGuy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

@DP, well, nice Ideas you have. I've always wanted those:

1. Cutscene that "goes with" actor. Y'know, something like Follow actor, but it's not staying in the same place (like car cinematic camera), but it's following him in some position and distance, it could be useful in some cutscene-car-cruisin'. :)

2. More anims like kissing (like DP said), peeing, pukeing, car fixing, cellphone anim for and actor.

3. (That could be useful for storylines). Well, y'know, in real life we need money, in DYOM money is useless. How about making an objective that takes money from us like some RL situacions (food buying etc.).

4. Choosing of car following route. Like you wanna choose if actor got to go straight from point to point or making some keyboard letter bind, that makes him follow pedestrians driving roads. We could save many routepoints with this. :)

5. Another for cars. Reverse driving. Like above, adding another bind to make actor reversing. :)

That's all (for now) from me. :D

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

So egh...We cool? Me & All you guys?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users