Quantcast

» «
Photo

Driver: San Francisco

506 replies to this topic
AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:57 AM

seriously look at the car list, LOOK at this list.

http://www.igcd.net/...0220&width=1024

Awesome isn't it?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 13:58)
Apparently one of the multiplayer modes is going to be 'Trailblazers,' in which a golden Delorean drives around the city leaving flaming trails, of which you have to hit to score points.

Good to know they didn't pass on a BttF reference. tounge.gif

$20 says they also have a 88MPH reference for a trophy/achievement when you first use a Delorean and hit 88.

I wonder if the Gold Deloreans spawn in Traffic? Proboly not, but minus the flames I mean they can pass it off as one of the Gold Plated Deloreans that where used a as some promotional thing. Though there where only 3 made, so maybe just have it spawned parked somewhere and you can transfer into it when you see it.

I sure am loveing the car list too, rather impressive.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

How stupid: http://www.gamespot....o...all;title;6

They are killing the good old scheme, play a game>sell it>someone else buys it>enjoys it>repeat.

Now they'll earn extra cash with this, and the whole rent it thing, or buy a used one will just be useless, they are killing it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

There should really be some kind of law against this. Shouldn't consumers be protected by such business practices? They will continue to do this sort of sh*t until they legally can't.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

Im really impressed with that car list though, any news on DLC cars being made available?

I hope if they do decide to release some DLC cars that we get to vote on what ones we want, kind of like Forza 3

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

What I noticed is that in that newest video, it has a white Dodge Challenger, different to the yellow RT challenger/tanners car, it is not listed in the car list. Not sure the deal with this, did they miss some out or can you just fully customize them? I know there are some sort of mechanic shops, I dont know how much you can change though. I hope just at least car color.

Also it says there are 3 Pontiac Firebirds, 75 77 and 80, I am just hoping this is a vague guess and not exact, I have only seen the 75 and 77, not the 80, because I need K.I.T.T. mad.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

You can probably customize cars. Parallel Lines had that option. And I don't see a reason not to have it again. Gamers love car customization, for some it's a selling point.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:57 PM Edited by Daz, 16 July 2011 - 09:18 PM.

By the way I just noticed they added a Special Edition on GAME. For the base price, with the game you get the Aston Martin DB5 for multi, and a Taxi SP challenge.

It seems to be the same on play.com also.

I just changed my order to that one, probably doesnt matter but I just want to make sure I get everything for that price.

Saints Row 3 did a similar thing, pretty much f*cked over the limited edition by taking a few things from it, just as a base preorder bonus.

I would have prefered the Lambo Muira, but still, free sh*t ftw. Though I am sure they are either just early unlocks, or will be free later. But you never know, Mafia 2 f*cked us on that. But it says for multiplayer, so I asume everyone will get them regardless, at some point.

Btw car sounds are pretty nice, person playing sucks though.

Game could do with a little less HUD also.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

god damn, that car lost is so f*cking amazing, I might just have to pre order the deluxe edition for the 63 aston martin db5.

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

I have been following this game for a while but I do not think that I am going to get it. This is mainly due to two reasons, first to me it seems that the driving itself while probably being fun looks a bit to much arcade for me, and it seems that the cars are going a bit to fast so the sense of speed is overdone (Mafia II for example might not have been the game I was hoping that it would be but it had a great sense of speed when one was driving, perfect in my opinion). The second reason is one that I just shake my head at.....here they brag about the physics of the cars and create a huge detailed city that one can drive around in and they do NOT include wheel-support for the game, I mean hello its a driving game for christ sake.

Oh and finally of course it is Ubisoft, a company I have boycotted since they totally ruined the R6 franchise so I guess I have three reasons.

If it can be played with a wheel using a emulator like one can with Mafia II then I MIGHT get it further down the line but that will be after I have read reviews etc.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 19:30)
You can probably customize cars. Parallel Lines had that option. And I don't see a reason not to have it again. Gamers love car customization, for some it's a selling point.

... to a point, I am not a fan of putting spoilers on Aston Martins or body kits on a Lamborghini, eg, NFS MW or Carbon or something.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Jul 18 2011, 23:40)

... to a point, I am not a fan of putting spoilers on Aston Martins or body kits on a Lamborghini, eg, NFS MW or Carbon or something.

I agree, but I at least want the ability to pick the color of my car. And perhaps some more comical/cheesy things such as hydraulics and nitro.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

im not wasting my money on this crappy game. I learned my lesson in the last installment driver paralle lines. Also you cant even get out of the car! I mean... who thought of that dumb idea. I like how its the direct sequel to driver 3... but still.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:33 AM Edited by AreXi, 19 July 2011 - 08:36 AM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 10:27)
im not wasting my money on this crappy game. I learned my lesson in the last installment driver paralle lines. Also you cant even get out of the car! I mean... who thought of that dumb idea. I like how its the direct sequel to driver 3... but still.

It's a driving game. In the spirit of the first Driver games. You couldn't get our of your car in the first Driver game. Yet it was one of the best PS1 games ever.
Technically Driver 3 sucked because of the get-out-of-your-car-and-shoot-people-in-the-face part, even though the driving was fun and the story was superb, the walking and shooting was just forced in there. I would've loved it if they had done it the Driver 2 way, where you could get out of your car and commandeer another car, and that's it.

And to add to that, I've already pre-ordered the CE. If you ask me, that's the way to do a CE, add some awesome piece that's actually collectible. That Challenger is going to look great on my shelf tounge.gif .

Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 05:02)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Jul 18 2011, 23:40)

I agree, but I at least want the ability to pick the color of my car. And perhaps some more comical/cheesy things such as hydraulics and nitro.

Don't know bout hydraulics, I mean it doesn't really fit in this game since it's mostly high speed chase and race kind of game. It'll be cool to have it though, but looking from the car list, I only see like maybe 2 cars that are fit to have hydraulics since they're low rider cars.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:51 AM Edited by AceRay, 19 July 2011 - 08:54 AM.

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 08:27)

its actually harking back to the original where you couldn't get out of the car. Frankly, I think it's fantastic, they're not trying to compete with GTA or anything, they'r doing their own thang and I like it.

and about the customization: I'd say that changing color would be good but anything else is too much.

Been jacking off over the car list, again. Its so amazing! I can't wait 'till I get this, along with Deus Ex!

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 04:51)
and about the customization: I'd say that changing color would be good but anything else is too much.

Then don't do anything but change the colour. I don't see how me putting a body kit on a car affects your experience. If they add car customization then that is great, if they don't, well I won't not buy the game because of it.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (The General. @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 09:05)

Then don't do anything but change the colour. I don't see how me putting a body kit on a car affects your experience. If they add car customization then that is great, if they don't, well I won't not buy the game because of it.

This won't be the kind of game where you pimp up cars, so I'm not going to worry about it. I mean, read some reviews with Martin Edmondson.

http://drivinggamesp...dson-interview/

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Exactly my thoughts, i would like to see car customisation though even if its nothing to deep, a paint job or some new alloys here and there would suit me just fine, but anything more advanced even better.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 05:20)

This won't be the kind of game where you pimp up cars, so I'm not going to worry about it.

But why do you need to worry about it in the first place?

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (The General. @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 09:27)

This won't be the kind of game where you pimp up cars, so I'm not going to worry about it.

QUOTE (GTAvanja)

this is why. And by "car customization", I think body kits and spoilers and putting giant vinyls on the side and all that sh*t. Its good when it fits, like NFS or juiced, but not for this.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 05:32)

QUOTE (GTAvanja)

this is why. And by "car customization", I think body kits and spoilers and putting giant vinyls on the side and all that sh*t. Its good when it fits, like NFS or juiced, but not for this.

That quote has nothing to do with your argument. So your sole reason for not wanting customization in the game, is because you don't think it fits?

I can already say that this game does not fit into the driver canon! Driver 3 took place in the 70s, this game is a sequel to Driver 3, yet it takes place during this time period, and Tanner hasn't age. So the timeline is messed up. Also this game has real cars, and not made up ones like in Driver 3. What happen to those cars? Frankly I don't really care if you don't think it fits, since there is worst things in the game that don't fit in it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 11:32)

QUOTE (GTAvanja)

If you don't want to customize your cars then don't do it. Why would you want the game to deny that experience for players who want it?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 06:23)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 11:32)

QUOTE (GTAvanja)

If you don't want to customize your cars then don't do it. Why would you want the game to deny that experience for players who want it?

Ex-f*cking-actly.

Why should people be denied the ability to customize their vehicles if you personally don't care to?

Bowserchomp
  • Bowserchomp

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

I saw the video and the taillight trailing really puts me off. Oh, not to mention the publisher is Ubisoft, so I'm gonna skip this.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 09:47)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 05:32)

QUOTE (GTAvanja)

That quote has nothing to do with your argument. So your sole reason for not wanting customization in the game, is because you don't think it fits?

I can already say that this game does not fit into the driver canon! Driver 3 took place in the 70s, this game is a sequel to Driver 3, yet it takes place during this time period, and Tanner hasn't age. So the timeline is messed up. Also this game has real cars, and not made up ones like in Driver 3. What happen to those cars? Frankly I don't really care if you don't think it fits, since there is worst things in the game that don't fit in it.

Well, its not driver. This is driver, not freaking pimp my ride. The original didn't have custimization, Tanner barely ever went into a garage to pick a ride, the whole game was about car chases!!!! You didn't get to pick the colour of your car!

And I don't give a f*ck about some d*ckhead who wants to pimp up their ride, that would ruin the sereies like it did to NFS. NFS was awesome, bu then it went all Fast n furious and f*cking ruined the game. Why should that ruin Driver.

and when a game usually has customization, that means that every other car on the street will be pimped or something, so I'll still have to deal with it!

So, yeah, if people want to ride around in a body kitted Lamborghini with vinyls and spoilers and a roof scoop or some sh*t, they can f*ck off cause this ain't there game, this is driver. Its about 70s chases, not running around on foot or modifying their car.

And actually, Driv3r (I actually say like that, Driv-3-r, such a bad name) takes place in the 90s, cause there are mobile phones and laptops and sh*t. Driver takes place in the 70s, Driver 2 takes place in the 80s and Driv3r takes place in 90s. It adds up!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

WOW. At first I thought that you were a misguided fellow, but as it turns out you're just an idiot. First of all, original Driver and Driver 2 didn't have customization because they were both PS1 games and also, no one thought of that idea yet. Ideas don't simply exist, someone has to conceive them first and implement them if it's possible.

And what makes you think that you'll see customized cars everywhere in the streets? Driver: Parallel Lines had customizations and your car was the only car that was customized. And customization can in no way ruin YOUR EXPERIENCE. If you don't want to customize cars, DON'T! It didn't ruin NFS either. Best 2 NFS games had car customizations (Underground 2 and Most Wanted). For a lot of people that was a selling point. This game isn't about 70's chases, it's about capturing the feel of chases from 70's movies. But the game itself is set in modern era. Or did you miss all those fancy 2010 cars on the list?

It is completely logical to expect that a city as big as San Francisco has at least one body and vinyl shop so your argument how car customization doesn't fit into a driving game is moronic. Where else would it fit? Flight simulator?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Judging by the cars used in the game first Driver took place in second half of the eighties (1986), second part took place in '90 or even '00. Driv3r took place just after it and San Francisco is taking place now.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 21:14)
rant rant rant rant rant rant rant
And actually, Driv3r (I actually say like that, Driv-3-r, such a bad name) takes place in the 90s, cause there are mobile phones and laptops and sh*t. Driver takes place in the 70s, Driver 2 takes place in the 80s and Driv3r takes place in 90s. It adds up!

Driv3r takes place in 2004, not 1990s.
And as much as i would like to have customization, I dont think it will be put in.

DannyBee
  • DannyBee

Oh Zee...

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Customisation really doesn't fit in a game like Driver, whereas it does fit in to NFS, lets not get those too mixed together again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users