» «
Photo

GTA IV - .WFT .WTD to .3DS

2 replies to this topic
MAG_Salkovich
  • MAG_Salkovich

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:33 AM Edited by MAG_Salkovich, 05 January 2011 - 02:26 AM.

Hi.
I am working on reskining some models from GTA IV, but I am having difficulties. I am currently using 3D Max 2011. I am trying to use KAM'S but it wont recognise it in anyway. I put the files into proper folders but it wont work. What i want to do is, take .WTD and .WFT then convert them to one .3DS file, edit.

Help is very much appriciated. smile.gif

-Salkovich

NOTE: I AM NOT WANTING TO STEAL ANY MODELS, I AM ASKING FOR PERMISSION, FULL CREDIT WILL BE ACREDITED ON TEH MAIN PAGE, EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO WILL USE THE MODELS WILL SEE THE ORIGINAL MAKER.

:: Edit ::
Yes, I know that I can use zModeler2 to import then export, but I can't without permission, due to the fact that the files are locked. How can I get that permission? I just want to reskin the models, I will always give full credits.

:: Vehicle I need ::

Crown Victoria - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Ford Interceptor - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Mustang - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Camaro - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Tahoe - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Charger - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle
Challanger - RS, Undercover / Light Bar Vehicle / Civilian Vehicle

------

It would be great if any makers of these models, can allow me to RS and use them in ArmA 2. Like I said, I will give full credit. I only need the models, I will make the lightbars, undercover, and civilian skins. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

mtrcurse
  • mtrcurse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (MAG_Salkovich @ Jan 5 2011, 01:33)
:: Edit ::
Yes, I know that I can use zModeler2 to import then export, but I can't without permission, due to the fact that the files are locked. How can I get that permission?

You have to buy full version of Zmodeller2 to export your .wft files as .3ds format but unfortunately problems doesnt end at here (if i didnt any mistake)
even if you could do that you will see something is wrong when you import .3ds files which is exported by the zmodeler2 to 3ds Max 2011 like me

so if you compare the same example 3d model in zmodeler2 and 3ds max you will see some difference like parent and child of objects or some missing values i thought thats occurred during convertion of wft to 3ds and both of programs are doesnt exporting %100 compatible .3ds extensions with each other

and if there is a someone made a %100 succesfully .wft model in 3dsmax to gta pls reply below

thanx

BigTruckMan
  • BigTruckMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Try this to get .WFT and .WTD to .3DS:

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=23218

Here's how it's done:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users