» «
Photo

Co-op Story Mode

11 replies to this topic
The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:47 PM Edited by The_Mario_Man, 04 January 2011 - 10:29 PM.

It seems that in the majority of the missions present in GTA IV there was usually at least one friendly NPC helping you out. What does everybody think of the ability to connect with a friend online, and go through the entire story together? The story itself could support this by having two primary protagonists, perhaps partners with very close criminal histories.

This sort of system could completely change up the gameplay, allowing much more complex strategies, such as having one player leading enemies into the open, while the other picks them off from a distance. It could also allow the chase sequences to have both a human driver and gunner.

Outside of the story it could work like an enhanced version of San Andreas' 2-player free-roam. Everything you can do in singleplayer is available, plus a few coop-only challenges and minigames.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Great idea!! Respect icon14.gif

cannow
  • cannow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

I like the idea and hope it makes its way into the game.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

Yeah this would work well with the next game. wink.gif

TheLostBiker
  • TheLostBiker

DJ WildLost

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

Packie+ Niko would be epic.

NotoriousKiller
  • NotoriousKiller

BITCH STEP INTO MY WORLD

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I like the idea. The second player could pop in whenever they connect but they are never seen it the cutscenes.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

or a DLC for online and offline co-op mode

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

I'm not sure about main story co-op, but I'd like to see some kind of massive co-op in the next game. Maybe DLC.

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

Well, I don't mean forcing the game to be co-op, that would be bad. But as an optional way to play (with the story being built to support 2 protagonists) would be a pretty neat thing to see.

In addition, perhaps there could be additional challenge modes, much like Modern Warfare 2's Special operations mode. You can replay certain segments from the story, or challenges whenever. (Imagine playing Three Leaf Clover co-op)

NotoriousKiller
  • NotoriousKiller

BITCH STEP INTO MY WORLD

• Members

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (The_Mario_Man @ Jan 7 2011, 16:35)
Well, I don't mean forcing the game to be co-op, that would be bad. But as an optional way to play (with the story being built to support 2 protagonists) would be a pretty neat thing to see.

In addition, perhaps there could be additional challenge modes, much like Modern Warfare 2's Special operations mode. You can replay certain segments from the story, or challenges whenever. (Imagine playing Three Leaf Clover co-op)

Or co-op missions for the police job. One player is the cop and the other is the criminal. The criminal is of course awarded alone for creating crime and getting money from things he does (money from dead people, robbing banks, etc.) If he gets so much money that it's unbelievable then he gets 6 stars on him (military) and you (the cop) are fired from your mission, thus failing. But on the cop's side, it's all up to you to kill the criminal. Once you kill him not only do you get all the money he retrieved from his acts but the police also give you a huge reward and he fails instead of you (your reward will also be bigger if you get him alive). Also, if the cop is killed by the criminal it's treated as a death (instead of waking back up in hospital) and you fail the mission. The criminal is also payed out from a local gang (though no where near as much as the police would pay the successful cop) so he'll be interested in killing the cop in the mean time as well.

Izzi
  • Izzi

Sniper

• Members

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Nice Idea smile.gif

EmPty CaSInGz
  • EmPty CaSInGz

Droog.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

Wow, I can see this working and I'll be surprised if there's not some sort of co-op for V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users