Error DD3D30

6 replies to this topic
syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hi.
Recently I upgraded my pc so after some months I've decided to install GTA 4 again (with EFLC) to see if with the new stuff it gets even better. Mind you I never had problems running the game and its performance was always good.
Ok, so I run the game for the first time in the new pc and I get this error: dd3d30, telling me to restart the computer. I did that. Didn't work, same message.
I've searched a lot for a solution to this but none of them helped me. The one that seems to work is setting in the compatibility mode to: run in 640x480 and disable desktop composition. Now of course everytime I run the game, my desktop gets destroyed and after getting out of the game, all icons have to be rearranged due to being moved while switching to 640.
The game does run smoothly, at about 65FPS with full settings. Tho the movies seems to get screwed somehow, I think is because the game thinks I'm at 640x480 so when in some parts of the movie Niko or whoever gets zoomed in, I can't see anything, something like this:
user posted image

I wonder if there's any real fix to this "problem"? As I said, the game runs flawlessly (don't mind much about the movie thing), but it's somehow boring to get to rearrange the icons after playing the game.
Yes, I have framework, directx, video and sound drivers all up to date.
My PC specs:
i7 930
geForce GTX 460
Window 7 64bits
6gb ram ddr3

Also, on my previous computer never had this problem and I had almost the same specs.

Thanks for any help.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

The game's updated? Is that a standard windows 7 edition?

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yup. The game won't even start if not patched. It's patch 7 the latest, right? Nothing else new was on R* website.
Windows Home Premium is also up to date, or at least that's what it says on the update settings.
Also, just in case, no mods, no nothing on the game, just a clean GTA4.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well, maybe the OS is a bit too up to date, IE9 was causing all sorts of issues with GTAIV lately. Did you install the directx that came with the game?

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Yeah. Just tried that. Same DD3D30 error sad.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

I have no idea as to what's going.

I hope you realize the irony of the situation in reference to our argument from the past about how there aren't any real GTAIV issues and that most of them are on the user end anyway confused.gif

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hahaha. Good point.
Well, it has to be in my end somehow, as I said, never had this problem before biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users