Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:21 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 14 January 2011 - 05:24 PM.

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 14 2011, 18:13)
Now the problem is, how can we judge who is being the lazy ones and the active ones...  sarcasm.gif

By ultimatums, that i've added to the league in August 2010. Whoever doesn't play a certain amount of matches after a certain amount of time can pack bags. But it will have to be tweaked into the new system.

And i like that thing of fully removing the gang. Would be a shame for those who played it.

Also, i feel like the last 3 rows of your post were aimed at me about not wanting to play Y-TEC right now, so once again i ask you, why are you acting like that so disrespectful and full of hate toward me now when we're all trying to discuss and work out a solution now? How old are you, 9?

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:31 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 14 January 2011 - 05:36 PM.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 17:21)
Also, i feel like the last 3 rows of your post were aimed at me about not wanting to play Y-TEC right now, so once again i ask you, why are you acting like that so disrespectful and full of hate toward me now when we're all trying to discuss and work out a solution now? How old are you, 9?

Uhmmm... I didn't even realize that could have any relevance to the current situation, even had to go back to my post to see exactly what I wrote, and no it isn't aimed at you at all.
I am not full of hate, so maybe you just need to chill just a lil' bit? And not see everything I write as a personal attack biggrin.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'll calm down, but i know it was aimed at me. wink.gif

Now on the page back i noticed SBS linking to a post by mason. Now i've noticed another today here: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060294170
So, i suppose mason changed his mind and D MC will play PS3 matches. I've noticed a lot ajbns and Robs also interested in playing a few pages back in D MC topic, so um, need confirmation about it for those system league tables and all updates that is coming soon.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 18:56)
I'll calm down, but i know it was aimed at me. wink.gif

What is with these wild accusations? It isn't aimed at you, but you just keep believing that if it matters to you. smile.gif
I wast mostly referring to the lack of activity we've seen in past leagues, what you wanna do is to play TeC late (according to your plan) and I am afraid our matches will get pushed back again and again for various things, and eventually end up being in late December where no one wants to play. Therefore I wanna do at least 1 match early.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 14 2011, 20:04)
Therefore I wanna do at least 1 match early.

Yeah, we can play 1 match earlier then i planned(september,october), but not in January, or until we finish off our PC matches which we'll do first. I need some goddamn rest, and now i gotta do another big update next week because of this league split, so that will just tire me more. yawn.gif

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:18 PM Edited by Greasepalms, 14 January 2011 - 07:20 PM.

i agree with the stuff cake and doc proposed but i dont want overall tables to be split

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

listen to the what doc said andy, he speaks a lot of truth and wisdom in his words... i think 3 separate tables for each console would be best .

Damned PS3 team will be in it . but we do need practise smile.gif

RobsEpicFret
  • RobsEpicFret

A man can be Destroyed,but not Defeated.

• Members

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

We Need Training And Active Members like AJ,Me,Mason Nick just joined but his up for matches I Havnt even Heard of AoGjr in awhile i Improved too So Maybe we have a chance

But My Exact Schedule is Only in 10pm Central time on Fri&Sat...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:04 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 19 January 2011 - 11:24 PM.

Alright, here are things that will be in the big update that is coming this or next weekend, that have been suggested above and before and that we(well i) agreed to insert to make the league better. There are a few more tiny things i have to consult the rest of you, and one big thing to conclude, before the update is finished and 1st post updated.

Green - 100% sure
Orange - Almost decided, but still to be discussed a bit with the rest.
Red - Yet to be started discussing.

So, here we go with the current change log, in no particular order:

Ultimatums will be given on every 3 months to the gangs. They will have to play a certain amount of matches to stay in the league. That way, we can keep the interest high, and we could remove extremely inactive clans to keep the match list clearer.

March 2011 ultimatum - I shouldn't be so harsh to gangs at start seeing that we're still working on some settings, so i think 1 match minimum should be enough.

June 2011 ultimatum - I am thinking somewhere around 6 or 7 matches for this ultimatum. Still not exactly sure
    September 2011 ultimatum - Around 13-14 matches should be done by this point, leaving only 4-5 after wards
    December 2011 ultimatum - Final ultimatum. However, i am not sure should i go lightly with the gangs who have a few matches left, or should i go harsh, because some gangs may avoid playing at the end of the year(some thing that CakePicnic mentioned HERE and in December would be too late anyways, so maybe this final ultimatum should happen in october.

If there are gangs who go inactive, they will have to be removed from the league. I have agreed that the rules of the past 2 years weren't right when someone finally suggested how to change them. Not just saying they should be changed. So, those who go inactive or close, will get removed, and it will look as if they never participated in the GL. No points to anyone.

There is 1 thing that is yet to be discussed on this subject however. I've given an example before of, say SOL, who has a score of 5-4-2 for an example, and closed with 4 matches unplayed yet.
    Then, we have a gang who didn't play a single match, was in GL and closed, or gone inactive and removed by ultimatum.
    I feel that there should be a difference between those who played and were removed, and those who didnt do a single match and were removed.
    Like it's said in the green part of 2nd thing in the changelog, in both cases all the scores of dead gangs will be erased and no points would be given to anyone, but please, HELP ME make a difference between these 2 cases of gangs. I hope they won't happen and that nobody will close, but there has to be this rule.

This has been confirmed and added to the last update, but i'll make it more visible now in the 1st post. In the first post under ''Settings'', Modes and Length will be something that you have to do from the given list when you play. it will be colored in green. You will have to do either 10 or 20 minutes,or 2500 or 5000 in TDM, TW, etc...The other rules are left for you to decide when you host, and the other gang when they host. These rules will be marked in red, and i will give a suggestion on how most of the matches were done before, as some sort of a instruction for the newer folk.

The first line in the ''Info'' section, about matches being played early or late does not have to be followed. It is/was just an advice(it will be changed in the edit). You can plan your schedule, or play all matches early, or all matches late, as long as you watch out for ultimatums.
And now for my final concern, call me whatever you want, but i've been thinking and i've found a solution to keep the overall table, and all 10 gangs with an EQUAL chance of winning the GL. This setup works perfectly with the current set up of gangs. If new gangs arrive to the scene in 2012 League, then i will surely consider again to split the league up if there is a major difference and a lot of matches not being able to be completed.
So please listen careful and pay attention:

11 gangs are there in the first post.

SJS have merged into TLAD. SInce TLAD is part of Damned MC, they won't take part in the league. Thanks to the new, more fair and elss fantasy-league rules, SJS will be removed fully from the league, and nobody would get ''fake'' wins in matches that never happened.
Good, now we are left with 10 gangs. So lets scout all of them one by one.

Project Mayhem is a PS3 and 360 gang. They can play all of their matches.

The Dominican Mob is a 360 and PC gang CURRENTLY. If you look closely in their first post, you will see they have a PS3 roster that is to be formed in near future(2-3 months max i assume). At that point, they will become a PS3 gang as well, and PS3 only gangs could then get that last match vs them done. They are a rather new gang and they have just finished forming the PC division, so very very soon, they will have a PS3 side as well.

Sons of Liberty is a PS3 gang, and quite inactive. They are most likely to be removed by an ultimatum quite soon.

The Damned MC is a PS3 and 360 gang. They can also play all the matches.

Twisted Syndicate was a PS3 gang only, but they have formed a 360 division after some YLOD's happened to a certain few people, so they too can play everyone.

Angels of Death MC is on PS3 and 360, they can play everyone. Their PS3 side may have went to Project mayhem, but they have GTAKing33, Booze T and DizzyFromFumes, and just recently got a new recruit on the PS3 side, so they have some great shooters who could take on any PS3 gang, even TEC.

SRS Incorporated is on PS3 and PC. They can play every gang as well. They had a 360 section, but it went inactive, and the PS3 section is active on RDRF as RRR mostly, but they still come to GTAF and play GTA and SRS said they will activate the PS3 side for this year's GL. MC, aFinn, Yuki, Kimd, etc.

Yardies are on PS3 and PC, can play everyone.

D12 and TEC are both the only non-multiplatform gangs, but they too can play every match, except with Dominican Mob. Once DM gets the PS3 division officially open in a month or two, they both would be able to play all of their matches. Until it's open, they should finish other matches, and then just get this done to an end.

So, TEC vs DM and D12 vs DM, only 2 matches that at this right moment cannot be played. SO you may ask what if they don't open a PS3 side.

Then you would just need to win all or most of your matches to be the champion. 1 Single game not played will NOT hurt your title ambitions. Look closely:

18 matches total in League, TEC wins all 16, has 2 unplayed(or D12), their score is 16-0-0. Yardies for an example, win all matches, lose to TEC(or D12). yardies then have 16-0-2.
Then we go to the rule in the first post which says that in case the gangs have the same amount of points, match between the gang decides. So in this case, TEC(or D12) would win.

And this is an example of a WORST CASE in which 2 best PS3 gangs can be put into.
If, IF everyone play as planned, be active and participate, i am 200% sure that they won't need to win all of those 16 matches. They could also win GL with 60 or 70% of wins., because other gangs will just lose more points when facing each other. Like when TEC won 09 GL.

I am 100% sure DM will have a PS3 section very very soon, don't worry a thing.

I've also looked in the 2009 and 2010 leagues, and all of them had around 5-6 matches total who couldn't be done, so if i could go back to the past, then those leagues would be split. But in 2011 League, i've just discovered a perfect way for it to stay, as you can see above if you read it with attention.
Having the league split into 3 would cause more confusion, harder editing, more matches with same gangs and so on.

I'm not saying it's wrong, i am still considering it, i am just saying that the overall table, with the current 10 gangs and current situation works better since 99% of the matches can be done, and i am pretty sure it will raise to 100% once DM forms the PS3 side, so the last 2 matches can be completed.

If in 2012 League, there are more matches who can't be completed, i will surely look to split it at the very start.
But right now, overall table can still be done. Please understand me and my plea. It is more easier to co-ordinate. Look at the potential PC League, with 3 gangs, it doesn't look like nothing.

I also firmly believe nobody will close until GTA5, and this setup of gangs will stay until GTA 5 launch. This setup in which everyone can play everyone in the overall table. Once V comes out, there will surely be changes. Which changes, we will see.

Please understand me. 1 winner is better then 3 winners. It's meant to be like this. Don't take this pleasure from me. I am not doing this so Yardies can win it. We won in 2010 because major gangs (D12 and TEC) didn't play much and were GL inactive. TEC also won in 2009 when every active gang played and when there was a bigger difference between ps3 and 360 and more matches were not able to be played. And now it's less, only 2. The rules were also terrible, i agree which brought D12 to 3rd without playing, but now those rules are fixed thanks to you guys who helped me, and such problems wont happen again.

I am begging you to understand this and see this as the right way to go. Just play and there won't be a problem in the end. Doing GL feels like guiding a baby through life. Please don't take my baby away. sad.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

Ok, let's do it Andy.
If a gang closes with some matches played then the remaining matches should be counted as a loss.
Not a full loss as home and away. Possibly just as one match.

Or even better, let's say that 5 matches are not played. 5 matches with home and away mean 20 points right? Take those 20 points and give them to all the gangs in the league, not just the ones that were supposed to play against the gang that quit.
10 gangs in the league? 2 points to each gang. This should balance things for those who had not the chance to play against the quitting team.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

The 1 table system with all 3 formats joined seems to work for now, but still. As Domican Mob does not have a PS3 section atm. things still wouldn't be 100% fair, but if they get a PS3 section going we will all have a equal amount of points available, which is what I wanted with the seperated leagues. And with the current gangs in the league, I think all will be active enough to play matches, except S0L maybe? But yea, we have ultimatums for that, thing is thou if a gang goes inactive, or even just 1 side of a gang (360, PS3 or PC) it might affect the whole 'fairness' of this, since we wouldn't all have an equal amount of points available then. Let's just hope that all gangs, and all sides of all gangs stay active, and that the Dominican Gang gets a PS3 section going icon14.gif It's a bit of a gamble that we have to rely on nothing changing (except for DM[PS3]) but let's hope it works out smile.gif
As for future leagues, more specificly when GTA5 is released (since we'll probably have many new gangs starting up then) it definately has to be seperated.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

Maybe I'm being ignorant, but I would like to ask, what if two gangs who both have a PS3 and 360 division have to play each other and one of them has a strong PS3 side and the other a strong Xbox side? How will be decided on which platform the match will take place? Or would there simply be two matches, one on PS3 and one on Xbox?

I appreciate the work you're putting into it, btw. I'm glad to see you're willing to improve things icon14.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:51 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 20 January 2011 - 08:54 PM.

@ Booze - It's up to the playing gangs to decide. In that case, home match could be done via PS3 and away via 360. I think that is how it would be fair at least, if there is a major difference in strength between sides. If for an example both gangs have a strong 360 side, but one has a strong PS3 side and the other a weak PS3 side, then i think these types of matches should be done both via 360.

@Cake - Yeah i am hoping too the DM opens the PS3 side. But as i said in the big post, i surely believe they will get it opened up for sure. As for the GTA 5 release, yes split will most likely happen then, but who knows what can happen to GTAF once GTA 5 comes out. Maybe V2, maybe next GTA doesn't even have MP, maybe something 3rd. Lets not talk about V era just yet. tounge.gif

And i would like the rest of you to help me like doc with the number of matches needed for the ultimatums in the coming months.
He suggested 2 potential solutions for the 2nd thing left to decide. Lemme see if i got them right. I still need help on deciding with the ultimatum amount of matches of course.

If a gang closes with some matches played then the remaining matches should be counted as a loss.
Not a full loss as home and away. Possibly just as one match.

That is possibly the best solution imo, but what if a gang has 1 home match, 2 away matches, and 2 matches both h/a left not played before death? We couldn't give it as a 1 match loss and 2 points since only the home or away game would be left unplayed. I'd say 1.5 points if its either a home or the away game, or 3 points if both h/a games weren't played. That would be more closer, and living gangs who didn't get to play won't lose much then.

Or even better, let's say that 5 matches are not played. 5 matches with home and away mean 20 points right? Take those 20 points and give them to all the gangs in the league, not just the ones that were supposed to play against the gang that quit.
10 gangs in the league? 2 points to each gang. This should balance things for those who had not the chance to play against the quitting team.

This may not be a better solution, the gangs who won the gang may earn double points, and then, it would be the same if 2 points weren't awarded at all, right?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the end of the day, the best solution imo would be doc's option 1(a bit tweaked like i've mentioned above, or tweaked in some other way(suggest how if you got an idea))

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

I still think the best solution for quitting and unactive gangs is to remove them completely from the league. Isn't fair that teams that didn't get the chance to play them, are forced to get less than maximum points, especially if other clans have won against the quitting/unactive gang.

BIG-P-92
  • BIG-P-92

Broker Turf Terror!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 21 2011, 07:20)
I still think the best solution for quitting and unactive gangs is to remove them completely from the league. Isn't fair that teams that didn't get the chance to play them, are forced to get less than maximum points, especially if other clans have won against the quitting/unactive gang.

I agree with this. That way, noone can take any kind of advantage from a team quitting/becoming inactive. Yes, it sucks if you've played them and won, but it's the most fair solution. Giving certain teams the opportunity to gain more points because a team quit early just doesn't sound right to me.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Alright, i think i'll do it like this:

If a gang closes and played has a record of 3-4-5 and a total of 10 points, for an example. I will keep the 3-4-5 in the table but i will take all points from that gang and put it to last place with 0 points. I will also remove any points that other gangs gained in matches with that gang, as if they never happened.

That way it will be most fair as nobody would gain points like with the gangs who died without playing a single match, and by keeping the 3-4-5 and putting it to last place, i can make a difference between two types of closed gangs.

Now, onto my last concern, the ultimatums. As i've said before 1 match will be in the first march ultimatum in March, but i would like to know how much matches should be put in the other ultimatums.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Any gangs reading this and needing some GL matches please feel free to drop me a PM with a suggested date and time smile.gif

Apologies if this is against any rules or such Andy confused.gif
??

MobBG
  • MobBG

Makin' Bacon.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Maybe we Yardies should think of bringing back the X360 division. There are many X360 gangs so there will be more matches, thus more fun. whatsthat.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

@Nitty - No its not, its just like it should be. icon14.gif

But what i need is help about the ultimatum issue in the post above yours, otherwise i may end up picking something which some may not like.
And i've also come across another issue, so listen please:

I've noticed a few people from allies gangs helped another gang in a friendly matches before, so i was wondering, should i allow that for GL? In those friendly matches that happened between Damned MC and AoD i think, the guy that helped the gang won the match for them, but what if someone uses that and sabotages another so called ''allied'' gang. I think it shouldn't be allowed in the GL, but i wanna hear some opinions.

@Mob - If Yao would get a 360 with Live back, it would surely be possible, but until then, ain't going to happen.

MobBG
  • MobBG

Makin' Bacon.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Ah, shame we cant do it. :'(

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

Andy, question. What is the harm in either completely freeze a gang's score that drops out of your tournament and don't hand out any free points? Or just completely remove a gang that quits, score and all.

If you can explain why this is not possible maybe we can help come up with a better solution smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (The Grove @ Jan 25 2011, 04:11)
completely freeze a gang's score that drops out of your tournament and don't hand out any free points?

That's pretty much how it was decided to be if you look a few replies above. wink.gif

I'll do the update of the first post on sunday.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 25 2011, 09:28)
QUOTE (The Grove @ Jan 25 2011, 04:11)
completely freeze a gang's score that drops out of your tournament and don't hand out any free points?

That's pretty much how it was decided to be if you look a few replies above. wink.gif

I'll do the update of the first post on sunday.

That's not how it is, although the score of the quitting gang is frozen, all their points are removed. And no free points are handed out smile.gif
And to answer him further.
Andy, question. What is the harm in either completely freeze a gang's score that drops out of your tournament and don't hand out any free points? Or just completely remove a gang that quits, score and all.

The harm with the 1st scenario: Certain gangs get to play the quitting or inactive gang, and get points. While other have no chance of playing them, therefore those who were fortunate enough to play them get more points, which those who can't play them, don't have a chance of getting.

And the harm of just completely removing them, well no harm really. But Andy wants to make it so, there is a difference between gangs that do not play at all, and those who did play but dropped out/ get kicked out later. So those who played a few matches end up in a higher spot in the league than those who did not play at all. Although, same for both of them is that all points that other gangs got from them in their match will be removed.

I think the way we've agreed on how to do this is really good icon14.gif

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 24 2011, 19:36)
@Nitty - No its not, its just like it should be. icon14.gif

But what i need is help about the ultimatum issue in the post above yours, otherwise i may end up picking something which some may not like.
And i've also come across another issue, so listen please:

I've noticed a few people from allies gangs helped another gang in a friendly matches before, so i was wondering, should i allow that for GL? In those friendly matches that happened between Damned MC and AoD i think, the guy that helped the gang won the match for them, but what if someone uses that and sabotages another so called ''allied'' gang. I think it shouldn't be allowed in the GL, but i wanna hear some opinions.

@Mob - If Yao would get a 360 with Live back, it would surely be possible, but until then, ain't going to happen.

Thanks for clearing that up smile.gif

As for the other issues I strongly believe that there should be split platforms for each console/PC, this has been an issue with myself for the past 2 leagues confused.gif

Also the player you mentioned playing for AoD and The Damned was me :)there was no foul play but I understand how there could be.
Personally I would like to see only legit gang members from this forum turning out for the gangs they are registered here with only, I also feel there could possibly be some sort of foul play either by bringing in unregistered players, or by sabotage as you mentioned, if the above rule was applied it could make the rules clear but on the downside some matches might not get played due to lack of players.

The only solution to that I can currently think of is to have a pool of players not associated with a gang on these forums but registered to the forum, you could list them on the front page and if a gang needs an extra player they could arrange something with a listed player by PM. confused.gif

Also on a side note I only recently realised this league supported other gamne types apart from TDM, how many gangs have in the past chosen different game modes for their GL games............ just curious monocle.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Nitty Don @ Jan 25 2011, 15:25)
The only solution to that I can currently think of is to have a pool of players not associated with a gang on these forums but registered to the forum, you could list them on the front page and if a gang needs an extra player they could arrange something with a listed player by PM. confused.gif

Also on a side note I only recently realised this league supported other gamne types apart from TDM, how many gangs have in the past chosen different game modes for their GL games............ just curious  monocle.gif

Yeah, but still, we live in a f*cked up world. You never know when your best friend can betray you. I still am for fully removing the option for allies to help in matches.
Either that, or allow it, with that list as you mentioned it, but if someone sabotages, i will have to count the result then. confused.gif

As for bringing in unregistered people, you need to have a GTAF account in order to represent your gang in GL, that thing is like known since...forever.

As for the other team modes, i remember DDZN played some TW's in 2009 League and SRS played Team Mafiya Work in 2009 as well, and some biker gangs did a round or so on LaD in 2010, but in 2010, it was mostly TDM because gangs wanted to play that. I am all for various modes being in matches, but i can't force anyone to play in modes, and i think it's not needed at all. There is a list of Team GTA modesin 1st post, so play whichever you want when doing home or away. If majority wants to do TDM for the match, so be it.

Now, i've thought of a better way for ultimatums, then the previous version i've posted, look below:

Make it be 10 ultimatums, one each month, first starting in March. So like this, approximately:

18 matches total.

March - 1 match
April - 4 matches
May - 7 matches
June - 10 matches
July - 12 matches
August - 14 matches
September - 15 matches
October - 16 matches
November - 17 matches
December - 18 matches.

I also may not go very harsh on gangs, if you have trouble and miss out in April and do 3 instead of 4, but if you are really inactive and miss out on more then 1 or 2 ultimatums, then you will surely be removed from the GL. Each gang will have some sort of a mini table with how much ultimatums they have, so we can keep track of the inactive ones.

This is how the number of matches for ultimatums should be. I think it's better then having them every 3 month, this way it's more clearer and easier. But of course, the match number may not have to be like this, so i'm leaving that open for discussion, so post what you think. It's the last thing that needs deciding before the sunday update.

PS: Ultimatums to be concluded on 1st every month.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:08 AM Edited by The Grove, 27 January 2011 - 12:11 AM.

I think I may have come up with an idea to fix the point distribution problem when a gang quits. You can have select weeks where one single gang has to play every other gang and no matches other than that may occur.

For example, lets say this week and next week is "Yarides Week"
Yardies have to play TEC , D12 , SRS , =A= , TS , =D=, SJS , SOL , DM , and PM

Then the next two weeks for example, TEC must organize matches with
Y , D12 , SRS , =A= , TS , =D=, SJS , SOL , DM , and PM
During "TEC Week"

This way half the gangs wont be able to pile on points from a gang that will quit in the future. By Doing it this way every gang will play two rounds against each other in an organized way. This should bring the quitting gang problem to a minimum

Just a thought. I see how this could be troubling to organize.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

Interesting idea Grove, but that would add a lot of new problems... First of all, the idea isn't bullet proof there would still be gangs that would get matches against the qutting gangs and other wouldn't. The gap might be made smaller, but it would still be there.

As you also mentioned, the organizing. The way I understand it, there would be 1 week with like 8 matches for 1 gang, simply wouldn't work. Of course it could be extended to be a month or whatever, but then it's kinda pointless since the quitting gangs would be gone long before everyone had a go.

tbh. the idea me and Andy, amongst others, have worked out, is pretty much bullet proof. Only the gangs that complete the league have points, those who quit or fall victim to a ultimatum don't have any points, and all their points are removed (points other gangs have won from them) While we still keep their score, so the more the played the higher position they have compared to the other gangs who quit, or fell victim to a ultimatum. Think the way it is now, is as fair as it'll get.

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Yeah I thought about all that. I was just throwing the idea on the table. I didn't see your idea before thats way better tounge.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, that would cause more problems, but it could happen one day if gang section is extremely active.

Anyways, couldn't update the GL 2011 1st post earlier as planned as GTAF was broken due to the new servers, but it's completed now. Pretty sure i added everything we agreed on the last 2-3 pages. If i missed something do tell.

So now, continue organizing matches, next ultimatum is March 1st 2011, and you need to have 1 duel to not miss it. TEC and PM are safe til April's ultimatum, but the rest of us ain't. tounge.gif

Since i'm organizing Y duels on PS3 and PC, i've been in talks with Dom Mob and soon SRS to finish our PC matches this month, so the rest of you who haven't played any matches yet or want to play earlier, try contacting the other gangs in February to play like TS, D MC, AoD, D12, etc. Among those gangs, some interesting duels can be done.

mason.ace
  • mason.ace

THR-MC_BARRACUDA

• Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

ok im back online and i gotta say me and the damned are down for this year in the gang legue
we can do any matches made for after this weekend comming up since i need to finish training with my boys
but be ashured the damned is DAMNED ready for some fun compitition

lookin forward to some epic matches with u other gangs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users