GTAF Gang League 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
647 replies to this topic
.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

Sorry for spamming this topic but AJ, deleting you was an accident today, I was sending a PM to most people on my list (couldn't be f*cked to do some at the bottom lol) and I pressed the buttons too quickly without reading. Tbh I had the worst person on my list I still wouldn't delete them, it would be fun to play them and own them!

I do feel like I/we can't really trust you. It feels like you're the guy in the middle of two groups who goes to one group and listens but stays quiet, then goes to the other and listens but stays quiet, then goes to each of them and sh*t stirs. I'm not saying you're doing it on purpose, but that is how it comes across and even if it isn't intentional, it is how I interpret what you've been doing.

Just to justify my opinion:

Y topic you went and said (not word for word) something along the lines of
"sorry for dragging you into the D12 sh*t Andy, I just couldn't help inviting you into the chat when I saw what they was doing!"

then you come to D12 topic and say stuff like
"Hey guys, sorry about everything that happened in the GL, andy really should give you the game and you guys are the true winners of the league. I respect this gang a lot." etc etc etc.

Surely from that you can see why I have the opinion that I have?

----

Just to make this less of a spam post, Doc will tell you if the match goes ahead tomorrow/Tuesday Andy.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

lol, i see your point Trooper.

But I'm not trying to stir sh*t up, I think both gangs here are in the wrong.

Andy / Yardies for trying to avoid playing , this year and the previous, and the D12 for pulling the secret match stunt.

If anything all I want is a fair and enjoyable event, I'm not guilty of anything here wink.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

Well, I go to celebrate XMAS and this topic explodes. notify.gif

First of all stop all arguments about off topic subjects like the Henning thing, the CnC event and TeC and all D12 members stop posting in here from now on. Avoid personal insults and personal arguments.
Use PM system for all of the above. I'm saying this officially

Now on the subjects.

1 - The idea of playing a match with SRS without advertising it too much was solely and entirely mine.
Why? Very simple. I knew as a fact that if we made that public we wouldn't get a second match with the Yardies.
Now, Andy, you can deny it as much as you want but I will stand with my opinion.
It's my opinion so I won't change it and neither you have to accept it of course. Just deal with it and we'll be fine.
All this talk about being secret and about being a dirty move it's bs and disrespectful.
We would have posted the scores anyway before the end of the league. We posted the scores days in advance.
It's not like that with the SRS match we would end the league with more matches played than the Y.
We would have ended it with the same matches played but with more points (of course we also needed a second win with the Y to make it possible).
So a fair end for the league, the fair end you keep denying year after year to all participants in my opinion.

Fact is that if I can't get a match in 8 months then what I will think and believe is that the Yardies tried to avoid us.
Why? To win the league. That's how I see it.
No detailed explanations about how you couldn't find 80 minutes (!) to play vs D12 during 8 months of your life will ever satisfy me.
I have a real hectic adult life and I could find 80 minutes to play every week, so, the diary about your hectic student life makes no impact on me.
I don't care. And I won't even go into the subject of why the Yardies can only play when you can play. That's beyond my comprehension skills.

---

2 - You wanna play now? Post a date and a time in here. We'll adjust to that.

The fact that you have the nerve to impose conditions on this match...

We do that match for the title tomorrow or tuesday, i start the GL 2012 topic where i will split everything and make big improvements and surprises like i have planned, like everyone wants, and like i said will do in one of yesterdays' posts, and you don't pull off any more of your Championships or steal the Gang League event idea, or any revenge for anything.

...says it all about how you run this thing, how's your character, how's your level of maturity and to my eyes simply confirms everything I said before about we having to not advertise a match in order to have a chance to win an event like this.

---

4 - Everyone is entitled in this forum to organize whichever unofficial event they come up with.
I will definitely organize the GTAF Gang Championship next year and no threats about playing or not playing a match will stop me from doing it. It's something I will do for fun and to give to the forum a spotless competition.
Obviously you are free to organize the GL 2012. Nobody is stopping you, and certainly nobody makes threats or impose conditions on this side...

You missed the whole point about this whole situation.
We couldn't care less about winning the league.
We play for fun.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Everyone is going around in circles now, no point in replying to anything anymore, as it will be a never-ending debate.
I am not arguing anymore, i said what i have to say.

If whoever of D12 wants to organize that match on Monday or Tuesday, contact Greasepalms and Dnero about it, like i said in the posts above, as i am unavailable to play.

Final question to doc, will D12 take part in GL 2012, when you see how it's going to look like, when it is launched.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 22:22)
Final question to doc, will D12 take part in GL 2012, when you see how it's going to look like, when it is launched.

I won't take this decision now.
But I'm not a fan of boycotting things and I try to keep my mind always open to new things.
Two tournaments might even be a good thing for the forums and good practice for future events on V.
We'll see.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:50 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 27 December 2011 - 04:03 PM.

Yardie vs D12 match.
Round 1:
user posted image
Round 2:
user posted image

Dnero DC'ed in that last match confused.gif

We're not allowed to do 2v1s even when it happens mid-game, so Grease agreed that last round will be a forfeit.

Anyway, it was quite fun matches. Dnero owned me at least twice in that TDM with grenades lol.gif icon14.gif

leroy46
  • leroy46

g.h.o.s.t.

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

congratulations young guns, and all respect to Grease n'co. for getting this done. icon14.gif

Jedi.
  • Jedi.

MILF Hunter

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Nice job on winning the league and good job to both sides for getting it done. icon14.gif

stev150
  • stev150

MUFC

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

well done cake , scar ... icon14.gif

thanks and respect to Grease n'co

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (docrikowski @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 21:30)
QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Sunday, Dec 25 2011, 22:22)

I won't take this decision now.
But I'm not a fan of boycotting things and I try to keep my mind always open to new things.
Two tournaments might even be a good thing for the forums and good practice for future events on V.
We'll see.

To be quite honest I think the gang that chooses to run the event should not partake in the event. Reason that would be is conflict of interest towards winning. Doing whatever it takes for them to win because they are running the event and loosing just doesn't look that great when your the crew in-charge of organizing it and updating the scoreboard. But that is just only a matter of ones opinion...

However I've only been in GL once and so far I can tell a lot of things need to change. More so the idea of splitting it into two separate leagues. Whether the two leagues are one PS3 one 360 or a league where gangs that have multiple systems and others that have one.

...Just spit balling ideas here.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:59 AM

Well done to D12, well deserved winners.

Big respect to Greasepalms and Dnero for giving you guys the match you were waiting for.

It's a pity before the game there was a lot of crap going on.

I wasn't aware of the history between TEC and AndyGanteks with the previous Gang League event, had I of known this maybe I would of acted differently towards the whole SRS game / leaving CnC event issue. Saying this though, Andy's decision to not give the game, til now, was more or less a direct action in response to D12 organising the game in the first place, so I think its slightly misguided (but at the sametime understandable judging from the past) to quote Doc " I knew as a factthat if we made that public we wouldn't get a second match with the Yardies. Now, Andy, you can deny it as much as you want but I will stand with my opinion." Maybe you guys are being too harsh on Andy, or maybe he really was, never going to give you the game you deserved to ensure the multiplatform Yardies won again! Only he knows.

This leads me to mrwhite's point, I have a lot of respect for docrikowski and AndyGanteks, but I think he's right, somebody outside of any gangs taking part should definitely be overlooking the control of any future events, I've said this in earlier posts too. If there are going to be 2 separate leagues, then so be it, but one ultimate and legitimate GTAF League, hosted by someone completely unbiased would be best. I'm sure both doc and Andy will be doing their best though next year to make something worth taking part in icon14.gif

So good luck to you both, and hopefully next year we'll have some competetive and fun games between eachother and none of this scheming and other bullsh*t.

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

If an event rules are clear and fair there's no way the event can be biased.
I won my first DTW Cup only at the 4th attempt...

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, on top of that, it will be difficult to find a GTAF member who's enthusiastic about the Gangs section enough to organize a big tournament, who is not in a multiplayer gang him/herself. You could have a PS3 owner host Xbox and vice versa, but I don't think that will work. Like Doc said, if the rules are clear and fair and everyone agrees with them, there won't be much room for the host to act biased anyway.

Oh yeah, congrats, D12 icon14.gif
And thanks for being good sports, Grease and Dnero icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

difficult to find a GTAF member who's enthusiastic about the Gangs section..

Definitely true, rules and scheduling procedures need to be clear and discussed by all before hand though. I'm surprised nobody did an alternative to Andy's Gang League until now, I discussed the idea of making a gang cup because I thought the Gang League just didn't seem enough, especially not for us ps3 gangs (The Damned played just 2 other gangs in 12 months, hence why I wanted a little match with SRS) .
My idea for that event was to create a "shared account" like GTAforums Gang Cup, that way a trusted member of the forum from the Xbox side could work alongside, another member from the ps3 side. I don't see why it can't be the same for a future Gang league event.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

I got some ideas for the upcoming league. I've been playing a Clan League (and moderating it) in other game for several years, and few interesting things could be adapted here, aswell as dedicated rules for each mode.

As a neutral person and clanless member, I'd like to share it with you guys. I'll let you know about it soon, Doc, Andy and co.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Nothing is perfect, nor is the GL. It has improved a lot in 2011 compared to 2009 and 2010 thanks to gangs finally starting to care and show support, and that's why i was very happy about it, and implemented some rules that were requested. It is clearly shown by the topic pages too. 2009 had 24, 2010 had 14 pages, and this one went up to 33.

I've made big changes to GL 2012, and it's rules, which you'll see later today when i post the topic. GL 2012 looks much much different then it's precedents, but it's only half complete, for now. The other half of it will be done after we all hear the suggestions, and see what to implement and what not. Can't wait to see what everyone will say about it, and the surprises when they see them. colgate.gif

From my experience, it's very tough to run a gang vs gang event, and this is the only one ever run so far, so whoever wants to make another one next to the GL in the future, be aware - it will be very hard.
About rules, also from my experience over the past 3 years, each gang will probably find one of two rules they don't like, some other gang will like those two rules, but won't like some other two, etc. Most recent example from a few days ago, AoD wanting to ban the choppers, Damned wanting to keep them, etc. It is very hard to please everyone, and i tried my best to make the rules fair and equal for everyone.

And, like i've said 1567 times so far, i'll say it for the 1568th, the only reason why i haven't split the leagues until GL 2012 was because i wanted the league to have 1 champion, and to have 1 champion, it could have only been done like it was done. I didn't want 3 champions for this event, but 1, whoever that ends up being. But since everyone eventually gone against the joint league over the years, i have decided that the 2012 league is split, and onwards.

DTW Cup is a different story doc, and so are all the other events such as CnC Cup, Protect the Wolf, racing League, race lb and others. In there, people were grouped otherwise, or fought for themselves. I never won any of my other events either, or gone far in it. This is much different then ''other'' events.

GL 2011 final post and awards will arrive shortly(3-4 hours), followed by the GL 2012 topic later tonight.
All the discussions related to the future suggestions, please keep it for there, and let the 2011 GL topic end in congratulations to the winner(s) of the leagues and awards.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

And the long awaited ending of GTAF Gang League 2011 is below.

user posted image

League Table

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Well, that's it folks. I'd say more things and all, but this enough for now!
Congratulations to the winner of the league, other winners, awards winners and what not.
Feel free to use the avatars and signatures, or place them somewhere in your gang topic to remember them.
Here's to an amazing GTAF Gang League 2012 that's to come, and may everyone enjoy it! icon14.gif
Expect the GL 2012 topic on Thursday or such(didn't manage to finish it tonight, sadly. Family health problems.)

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Congrats to all the winners!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users