I bet Yardies will win wink.gif .

I beg to differ! ph34r.gif

The Best Gang may win. rampage_ani.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:08 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 05 January 2011 - 02:05 PM.

QUOTE (BnB @ Jan 5 2011, 13:05)
QUOTE (Big-_-t0ny @ Jan 5 2011, 13:53)
QUOTE (BnB @ Jan 5 2011, 10:58)
I bet Yardies will win wink.gif .

I beg to differ! ph34r.gif

The Best Gang may win. rampage_ani.gif

Actually, a good clan which participates on many formats wins... just sayin' rolleyes.gif
EDIT: Really, it should be split up into PS3/360/PC and SA. The way it is now is unfair for all but very few teams. And I know that will result in very small leagues, but that's just the way the gang scene is atm. I see no reason why a PS3 exclusive gang is in the same league as a 360 exclusive gang... mercie_blink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

I don't have time to update the table with TEC win and the rest, so it will have to wait the 10th.
And you Cake post me the times and dates when and which TEC are available. I also want to bring a 3rd gang to our meet, so we do matches, Gang A vs Gang B, Gang A vs Gang C, Gang B vs Gang C aka the ''GL Night'' if you know what i mean. wink.gif

As for splitting, the point of this is to have everyone in 1 league table. So more different systems you own, the bigger and better MP gang you are, the bigger chances of winning the competition overally.
So this year with D12 deciding to not play for their reasons...we have 5 xbox and 5 PS3 gangs, so it's more or less simple and equal. Win your system matches and you'll be the champ. Those who own two systems could get a backup win in case they lose a match on another system, and still be champs. You just need to think with your head a bit.

Also, the blips all settings and about settings in general, it's not like i can actually monitor if you played with them off and on, or if you did every rule like it's written. The only thing i can monitor is the time and money and in what game did you play which you post me after the game, the rest is pretty much between the gangs doing home or away match. I just put those settings because most of the matches are played like that. Not some hardcore stuff.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 5 2011, 20:16)
Those who own two systems could get a backup win in case they lose a match on another system, and still be champs. You just need to think with your head a bit.

Also, the blips all settings and about settings in general, it's not like i can actually monitor if you played with them off and on, or if you did every rule like it's written. The only thing i can monitor is the time and money and in what game did you play which you post me after the game, the rest is pretty much between the gangs doing home or away match. I just put those settings because most of the matches are played like that. Not some hardcore stuff.

Ain't THAT simple mate. First of all, I'd like to know are SJS and S0L even participating in this, I havn't seen much activity from them confused.gif
Also, a gang like SRS.. will their PS3 side be playing, I noticed that they don't have many members on the PS3, but are mostly active on the PC side, where you Yardies can play them, but we TEC can't. Would liek to know if these clans will be participating on the PS3 side icon14.gif
As for the settings, I have to say there are just some of them which I have never followed because they are... simply stupid. Voice Chat on?! should be on Team?? And traffic and peds on medium? No thanks confused.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

SOL PS3, SJS 360.

Strength Beyond Strength
  • Strength Beyond Strength

=A= Associate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Just to let you know in the name of The Damned MC VP Nitty Don, that only 360 side of the gang will participate in the events of GTAF Gang League 2011! So, don't involve the PS3 side of the gang to the deal.

As-well I don't wont to see any loses added to the gang statistics that didn't happened, or matches that was not maintained and played, as was the case in the previous year sly.gif wink.gif .

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Aww, No PS3 =D= sad.gif We had a great match with them last year, but oh well...
1 less PS3 clan participating, we're down to so few dontgetit.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

---Updates of tonight start---

- Fixed GTAF GL History image error.

- Added rule about banned members not allowed to play in GL matches. I forgot to add it initially when the topic was created.

- Tweaked the GL Nights rule.

- Inactive gangs and those who decided not to play will be removed from the table in March, after the first ultimatum.

- One of the rules is under revision. Check the rule marked orange in the ''Info'' section. Help regarding that matter would be appreciated. However, i've done a little research myself and previewed the tables with the current rules, and with the rules that don't give any points for matches that didn't happen(vs dead gangs, or if you don't have the same system) And guess what? The final table came out the same, just less points for everyone. So, it is most likely set to stay the way it is, dead gangs give you wins, and if you can't play a gang that is signed up, a draw will stay.

- A note about the ''Settings'' part. The first two lines, showing modes and time/money are the settings which must be followed. The other settings are just an example of how you could set it, and how most of the games which i've seen in these 2 years on GTAF in GL have been played. Voice chat was on team, not on, that was a mistake by me which is fixed now. These rules DO NOT NEED TO BE FOLLOWED when you do your matches. These rules are mostly decided by the host gang who uses the given settings to decide, so they can contain Blips off, or far or whichever they want. Besides, there is no way i could follow who did that by the book. This is directed mostly to D12 who gave ''blips all'' as one of the reasons why they ain't playing. The other reason that docrikowski specified, unavailability to play xbox and pc gangs, i think it has been explained a good 100 times so far.

- Table and results updated with TEC's opening win versus PMayhem.
user posted image

- More tweaks and updates coming.

---Updates of tonight end---

Now, onto Yardie matches, i had in plan to play Dominican Mob on PC this weekend and do a GL Night with TEC and Damned MC this friday, but with so much PS3 gangs deciding not to play, i feel meh and totally don't feel like doing it, so it wont happen. I also feel like some people think this is my event, yet did and am doing everything to make it an all-gang event with everyone playing all the time.
The rest of you do play and post me the required info after the match so i can update, i've made a list of approximate times when we'll do our matches, so i hope it meets your gang's schedules. I advise to make one for your gang as well, so its nicely balanced. Here is how ours looks like:

February to April: PC matches with SRS Inc and Dominican Mob.
April to July: PS3 matches with TS, SOL and PM.
July to September: The rest of the PS3 and PC matches with new gangs who/if they open up and/or Damned MC or D12's PS3 side if they change their mind. Who knows.
September to October(eventually November, but not after 15th): PS3 matches with TEC.

So, lets continue shall we. I see that Damned MC vs Dominican Mob 360 match is happening soon, so notify me of these results soon. icon14.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:04 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 13 January 2011 - 12:27 PM.

Andy, I'd like to get our matches done much earlier than according to your plan. I know it's not a final plan you'll follow completely but just saying smile.gif
I don't see what the problem is by playing all our matches early, since the interest for GTA will probably decrease when new games come out. LBP2, L.A Noire and whatever.
EDIT: I'd like to get a Yardies - TEC match organized this weekend. Let's do it, yea? cool.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Strength Beyond Strength @ Jan 7 2011, 09:20)
Just to let you know in the name of The Damned MC VP Nitty Don, that only 360 side of the gang will participate in the events of GTAF Gang League 2011! So, don't involve the PS3 side of the gang to the deal.

As-well I don't wont to see any loses added to the gang statistics that didn't happened, or matches that was not maintained and played, as was the case in the previous year sly.gif wink.gif .

why no PS3 =D= participation?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 12 2011, 14:04)
EDIT: I'd like to get a Yardies - TEC match organized this weekend. Let's do it, yea?  cool.gif

I said i'm not in the mood to organize anything with so much PS3 gangs quitting, so it's a no. Don't feel like interacting with any PS3 people in the next 2-3 weeks.

As for the plan, it sure ain't final, but it's just approximate and some sort of an orientation of how we'll play. We'll do PC matches, then head on to PS3.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 13 2011, 14:06)
I said i'm not in the mood to organize anything with so much PS3 gangs quitting, so it's a no. Don't feel like interacting with any PS3 people in the next 2-3 weeks.

So there are PS3 clans quitting out, and because of that you don't wanna organize a match with us? I fail to see your logic there
There is a problem, so instead of trying to fix it a little by showing a bit of activity and have some good matches, you instead wanna keep inactive on the platform? Doesn't really make any sense in my world... but I guess that's your decision so whatever.
I'm just getting sick of this league in general. I enjoy playing the matches and would love to play more, but we can easily do that in friendly matches. This is a competetive event, and therefore I also expect a fair event, but this just doesn't deliver that.
I personally am quitting this event. For now consider TeC still in it, since this is a personal decision of mine, but we'll see if I am the only one who feels like this. sarcasm.gif
With that said, thanks to Project Mayhem for a great match in this Gang League, and thanks for all the friendly matches as well. I'll gladly play more of those Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

I am too tired of everything in the last month (school, house stuff, ending of GL 2010, 44 f*cking pages of MM all alone, Y events, etc) to organize a match right now, stay up late in the night to play and all that comes with that. Plus with 2 PS3 gangs quitting, there is no rush for me, since we have a whole year and not many matches. We won't get bored from GTA at any point in 2011, so it's not my problem if a certain gang dumps GTA and doesn't want to play it once a certain game is out. We'll play later. We have a whole year. You do all your matches in January if you want, your gang your problem. I will start organize ours as planned once i get some rest that i badly need.

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 09:33)
You do all your matches in January if you want, your gang your problem.

You're still more than welcome to explain to me how playing the matches early is a problem.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:43 AM Edited by AndyGanteks, 14 January 2011 - 09:48 AM.

I think you need to quit whining a bit. You have no right to act like that to me.

GL: I've deleted people off PSN a few to clear my list off useless PES people who i never play, so i'll re add 1 person per each PS3 gang once i get rest and start organizing our matches. As for GFWL, no prob there. icon14.gif

AoD: GTAKing33
Damned MC: ajbns87
PM: DDog
D12: Doc
TEC: Cake
TS: day59
SRS: MC

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 09:43)
I think you need to quit whining a bit. You have no right to act like that to me.

I have no right to act to you like that? So wait, I have no right to say I think this event is unfair, and there has to be made some great improvements? I have no right to say that I no longer want to take part in this?
Yes, I might be whining a bit. But I didn't 'act' in any way against you. I don't see how you think, me no longer taking part in this, all of a sudden is a personal attack on you?

All I'm doing is expressing my personal opinion about this. You can keep running this the way you want and good luck with this, I'm just saying that I don't find it fair, and that I no longer wanna participate.
Hope I made myself clear now wink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 14 2011, 11:01)
Yes, I might be whining a bit. But I didn't 'act' in any way against you.

But you do, it looks like that from your posts and acts at least. Just the recent example, this morning, the post above, you take 1 sentence out of a whole quote and you decipher it in a totally different way then it's meant to be. I hope you're not going to do it again.
So now, lets not continue this ''argument'', i don't have all day to explain my every word to you. Lets keep it at this, for now.

As for the ''great improvements'', why don't you make a list of what you think should be improved, bit by bit, line by line, and then we'll discuss it in this topic with all other gangs about can it be done and how. And why don't the other gangs do the same, help me with GL if they think there is a problem or if it can be improved, instead of hiding in the shadows and attacking me at some point. But no, you all want 1 man to do all the jobs, and the rest of us are gonna bitch about everything from time to time. That feels disrespectful, and i don't think some mature people should act like that. At least i think most of the people here are mature.

Just bitching about everything isn't helping. Saying how could it be improved and suggesting and helping with the event in general would surely be of big help to the event and would make gang relations and people to people communication better. That is what i want from this event. Everyone to take part, suggest, help, play, for it to be an all gang event running through the whole year. It would also raise the activity in the gang section in these hard times.

So there you go, do like i've said above and there won't be a problem. smile.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:16 AM Edited by CakePicnic, 14 January 2011 - 11:21 AM.

First of all the quote I made this morning, how do I decipher it in a different way than it's supposed to be. Even the front page says "Playing all matches in 3 weeks at the start, or keeping all for the last 3 weeks in December may not end up well for you in the end." I was simply asking what the hell you mean with that, that if we play our matches early it's a disadvantage.... how? I don't wanna make a big deal out of this, but I just wanted to ask a question, what the hell do you mean with it?

As for helping out instead of bitching. Already done that, we told you about how the settings for the matches were.... simply stupid, and we never followed them and you changed the rule. So yea, we have pointed out things before, and you've changed them icon14.gif And well actually, when thinking about this, it was already an issue way back so why it didn't get changed until now is beyond me.

But my main issue is the multi-platform setup, which you already know. It just doesn't work... I don't get why certain gangs should have a greater oppurtunity to win the league than others, why not just set it up so that 360 and PS3 gangs are seperated from each other, which we already are in a way because we can't play each other and therefore just get drawed matches, which eventually works in the favour of other gangs.
Would be like to have a unified Basketball and Football league, those who ONLY play basketball or only football basicly have no chance of winning.

Anyway I can 'bitch' all day and I doubt anything will change, so as I said. Keep things like you want, it's your event. Good luck and all that, but I'm no longer participating.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (CakePicnic @ Jan 14 2011, 12:16)
So yea, we have pointed out things before, and you've changed them  icon14.gif

And now just keep doing that, and all will be fine in the end. smile.gif

As for the decipher thing and bitching and attacking me, etc, i was talking of this mainly:

(AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 09:33)
You do all your matches in January if you want, your gang your problem.

You're still more than welcome to explain to me how playing the matches early is a problem.

What i said there was, your gang your problem, as in, i don't care what TEC or any other gang does on GTAF. It was not GL related. And you took it like i have a problem against playing early. I do, but i didn't mean it in there. So lets not get back to that anymore.

Onto the front page thing of '' playing early/late ''. You mentioned football leagues below. So tell me, do footy leagues last 2 months, and are 30 matches played every day, or are there 30 matches played through an entire year, every 7/14 days, with summer/winter break? That is why i ADVISE gangs to play like that.
I mean sure, we can finish all the matches in March 2011 and call this GTAF February-March 2011 Gang League and do nothing the next 9 months, have the awards and everything, but that's not the point. The point is that it lasts 12 months, that it raises the activity in the gang section, and helps the relations between gangs be on a constant high through the whole year. And a bit of rivalry. A good example of this is the TEC and PM match, you guys played a match, and now you're often together on GTA or doing friendlies. Now imagine if the other 10 gangs would do the same. A bad example is D12 and D MC PS3 side quitting. It feels like they are distancing themselves, just because of a loss, personal dislike, or something 3rd, what ever it is. This is a GTA Forums after all, and i am fighting for no e-gang wars or serious business or hate towards other members, only multiplayer gta. Nobody says you can't play all in 2 months though, but we, The Yardies will play through the whole 12. That is how we want it. Also, if a schedule is made in a football league, you can't just decide to do matches from fixture say 14 and 19 where you face club b to play them during fixture 1 and 2 before everyone. You can do a friendly that way.

As for the last part about '' systems' ', yes, you could understand it like a unified basketball and football league, as in basket is PS3 and football is 360. But no, its actually a GTA League, and GTA is one, either football, or basketball, or whatever. GTA is GTA, whether it is PS3, SAMP, PC, VCMP, whatever. GTA is above all. In a GTA gang, GTA games should be above everything. The PS3 and 360 would be like, richer clubs with bigger stadiums, facilities and more players. Once someone gets injured, poorer clubs cannot replace him, and so on. That's the real life example.
Now into GTA Forums world, if you have money(PS3), infrastructure(360) and fans(PC) you will buy good players, build big stadiums and loads of fans would feel comfortable on the matches. If you have money(PS3) and infrastructure(360), you can bring any player and build big stadiums, but the fans won't like modernizing and you won't have much of them and the atmosphere will be boring on the stands. If you only have fans(PC), but the infrastructure is terrible, and there is no money, good atmosphere won't keep the club from failing soon.

So, what i mean by this is, the more MP systems you got, the more matches you can play, the more GTA games you got, you are a better MULTIPLAYER GANG overally. This is not about who has more activity, or more older members, and which gang is better in terms of posts, etc, it's about MULTIPLAYER.
Imagine on a scale of 1-100 points, TEC is 100, best PS3 gang. Yardies would be, i dunno, 60 PS3 Gang, and 90 PC gang, etc.

This last post of yours is fun and i like suggestions like this, and i am open to listen to more. I could be wrong somewhere too, so lets all get involved in this, for a better gang section. Now if only more people would make posts like that, instead of just plain bitching, we'd be there. icon14.gif icon14.gif

MobBG
  • MobBG

Makin' Bacon.....

• The Yardies

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

So many PS3 players and so little PC action. Come on people, IVMP is good too! catspider.gif

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:08 PM Edited by CakePicnic, 14 January 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Alright yea, I see what you mean by my quote now. I misunderstood that, and was talking more about the thing that it ain't good to play all matches too quick. I still disagree that it is a disadvantage to play them all quickly, but I guess that is for every gang for themselves to decide what is best.
I see what you wanna do with the multi-platform league, and you've explained it to me before. But I still don't like it confused.gif

EDIT: I think we'll have to agree to disagree smile.gif

2nd EDIT: And to follow up on your example with the Fans, infrastructure and what not. I don't think we should be 'judged' by how many platforms (money/fans) we have, but instead on how good we play.

EPiC JeDi x
  • EPiC JeDi x

Dream Within A Dream

• Members

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

What if we get a petition going? I know loads of people that want the platforms separated?
Either its going to be changed or gangs who don't have multiplatforms are going to get annoyed and leave. Then you'll have a very small league because you didn't want to change it.
Then someone will probably make a league where its multi-platformed and everyone will go there.

You decide. Change it or let the events unfold confused.gif

Doc Rikowski
  • Doc Rikowski

First Generation Gamer

• D1RTY12
  • Mars
  • Best Gang 2013 - D1RTY12
    Best Event 2011 "Turf Wars"

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 11:59)
A bad example is D12 and D MC PS3 side quitting. It feels like they are distancing themselves, just because of a loss, personal dislike, or something 3rd, what ever it is...

...So, what i mean by this is, the more MP systems you got, the more matches you can play, the more GTA games you got, you are a better MULTIPLAYER GANG overally. This is not about who has more activity, or more older members, and which gang is better in terms of posts, etc, it's about MULTIPLAYER.

Andy, you are a stubborn and moody young man, no offense intended in these words cause I'm sort of stubborn and moody myself, although my age makes me reasonable most of the times.
You fail to understand why D12 is not participating even after I clearly explained it to you, just as you failed to understand why the GTAF Race LB are inactive after I clearly explained it to you in the topic only to read afterward in the MM that you didn't (or didn't want) to understand.
You say you are open to listen to suggestions but listening isn't exactly your best quality imo.

Members, including me, suggested you things for the GL many times in the past and usually you just go your way and don't listen or you listen and change things only when you feel you are stuck in a corner but never without giving a fight with a bit of a bad attitude.
Fair enough, it's your topic, it's your event, it's your effort and dedication. Trust me, I can understand the frustrations that come together with the volunteer job of organizing events in GTAF.
I also know that your intentions are the best and that you run things cause you love the game and the forums.
But still, you are so stubborn.

Yes, it's all about MULTIPLAYER, but you fail to understand that gangs have different philosophies when it comes to MP and to being in a gang. All your "systems" logic fails cause it's entirely based on your personal opinion on how MP gangs should be or act in the game and in the forums. The Yardies are a multiplatform gang so you just assume that all gangs should be like The Yardies or at least try to be multiplatform gangs. You said that "the more MP systems you got" the better "MULTIPLAYER GANG" you are "overally".
Well that's plain wrong and just subjective and that's the reason why gangs are getting uninterested in the GL.

There are reasons why some gangs are only PS3 or only XBOX. I can't speak for other gangs but I can tell you for sure why D12 is PS3 only. It's simple, we are all about MULTIPLAYER from day one. We met online, we built the gang around MP (and in the forums of course), we love to play together and ultimately the online gaming time is what kept the gang together for almost 3 years now. From the online time to the forum time to RL time; all started in MP.
Our philosophy is simple: we like to play together. Now, how could we play online with members from a D12 XBOX side? We can't, cause we're all on PS3. This means that the MULTIPLAYER part of being in a gang wouldn't matter anymore for us; we'd transform ourselves in a multiplatform forum gang which is separated in two chunks when it comes to online gaming.
I'm not saying that this cannot work for others, I'm just saying that it doesn't work for us (we even tried it tbh).
Now how the hell that makes us a worse MULTIPLAYER GANG overall?
MP is the reason why we're not a multiplatform gang!

Your logic fails cause is subjective. It's just your opinion and we respect it. We have our opinion but in the end you don't respect it too much cause otherwise you would have changed the GL structure ages ago.
People suggested changing it the first year, the second year, this year but you always stick with your idea of mixing the systems not seeing the fact that probably this mix is one of the main reasons why gangs are quitting the GL.
Yes, it's about fun and interaction between gangs but it's also a competition. Not that we're playing for a world title but I guess gangs enjoy some sane and clear competition even if it's done just for fun.
But how much fun can be a competition where points are awarded to inactive gangs for matches that were never played and draws are assigned to gangs when they're on different systems?
Where's the interaction with other gangs if we can't play together? Where's the MP in a MP event where gangs basically do not play at all?
I'm asking this now but it ain't new what I'm saying. I said it. Others said it.
D12 lost interest the first year of GL after a few matches exactly cause of the mixed systems thing. The second year we didn't play a single match and we ended up 3rd in front of gangs that actually played some matches.
And now you wonder why us and others are quitting and you even say "what ever it is" the reason like if it wasn't crystal clear why gangs quit?
Well, gangs quit cause the point system makes the whole event look like it doesn't matter if you play matches or if you don't.
I mean, c'mon. if a gang ends in 3rd place with NO matches played how serious can look the whole event to the eyes of other gangs or new gangs?
One word: messy.

Anyway Andy, don't see this like a personal attack. I'm not bitching. I'll say it again: your event, your decisions. You said you wanted to listen to things and I said the things that I thought you had to listen. I said the same things I always said though, so I won't say them again after this last time.
The mix of systems doesn't work and ultimately it's not fair and it doesn't serve the initial good intention and purpose of generating activity and interaction among gangs in GTAF. On the opposite it actually creates less interaction.

I'd love it if there was a GL divided into systems. I'd feel involved and challenged to win it and I'd come in this topic to see who'd be leading the XBOX and the PC side of the GL. In the end I would probably interact way more with other gangs, including the ones not on my system.
I'm sure others share this opinion of mine.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:55 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 14 January 2011 - 03:01 PM.

Yeah, i am thinking of splitting it up, since i suppose it's the only way to please everyone. PS3 League, PC League, 360 League then at the end of the year, see who has most points. I'll do those divisions in the next few days, and make up some new tables and all that.

Meanwhile, you all can continue playing gangs via your system. icon14.gif

Strength Beyond Strength
  • Strength Beyond Strength

=A= Associate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Jan 13 2011, 13:57)
QUOTE (Strength Beyond Strength @ Jan 7 2011, 09:20)

As-well I don't wont to see any loses added to the gang statistics that didn't happened, or matches that was not maintained and  played, as was the case in the previous year sly.gif wink.gif .

why no PS3 ≡D≡ participation?

Find Mason's post (fourth), and see for yourself:

http://www.gtaforums...c=460757&st=460

On the subject matter; I agree with most of the people around here, that you should probably devide all 3 platforms and made them separated for each gang! That would make much easier to maintain future matches and play with gangs that share the same platform, as-well gangs would not lose points in matches that can't be maintained and played, because they are not a multi-platform gang.

If you need any help with tables and codes, just say the word and I'll see what can I do wink.gif .

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Jan 14 2011, 14:55)
Yeah, i am thinking of splitting it up, since i suppose it's the only way to please everyone. PS3 League, PC League, 360 League then at the end of the year, see who has most points.

Nice to see you finally changing things, but what do you mean by seeing who has the most points at the end of the year?
If you mean that you'll split it into 3 leagues, let us play and then declare 1 gang (with the most points) the winner at the end of the year... nothing has changed.
Explain please.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Like this, huh?

PS3 league
user posted image
360 league
user posted image
pc league
user posted image

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Can see you put this together quickly to show us, and yea that's how it should be. Except that PM (360) shouldn't have a loss. I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be like that either wink.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Oh right, the 360 side is an error since i just copy pasted to show.

But i was thinking of something recently as i've made those tables, i was thinking of this way back in the 2009 GL ever since i've started it and still can't find a solution, for example, here is the PS3 table.

user posted image

So, for an example:

D12 plays and beats TEC, SOL, AoD, loses to, say SRS. And then it closes, with the record 3-0-1 for an example.

Now what am i going to do with the rest of their matches? Matches with Y, AoD, PM and whoever is left remaining.

I most certainly can't give draws.
If i give 0 points and count those matches as not happening, it will be extremely unfair, way more then it is unfair now to the gangs who were on their system, but couldn't get to play
If i give wins to the gangs that didnt get toplay them before they closed, then gangs that D12 defeated may be unhappy. This option is more fair then counting it as not happening and 0 points, but still not fair enough.

So, now what?

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'd say, that if a clan closes or leaves the league for whatever reason, all their matches should be removed. No wins, no defeats, no nothing. Will be kinda unfair for those who played them and won, but that's probably one of the fairest ways of doing it, since no one gets more points from the closed gang then others.
As for unplayed matches, that will mostly be a problem for gangs that are too lazy to organize, BUT if 1 clan tried to organize a match with the lazy clan and it didn't get done, I see it only fair that the clan that tried to organize, and wanted to play gets the points. Now the problem is, how can we judge who is being the lazy ones and the active ones... sarcasm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users