• This topic is locked This topic is locked
647 replies to this topic
Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

Andy, are you coming today For monitoring GL Match? btw i did pm to Italion and MLVD And i hope they both make it. any News from SRS?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:12 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 18 June 2011 - 12:34 PM.

If there is one i will be there. We got to play with the SRS as well, so we'll see if they show up.

If the SRS and AoD are ready at 14 utc/15uk/16 gmt, just post it up in this topic, and i'll get myself up to watch your match and possibly bring Yardies for Y vs SRS.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

Most likely ska and myself today. I completely forgot to discuss this week's game with girish, so he won't be able to make it.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Alright, so people were busy and didn't show up today(except Arv and Kanja). Doesn't matter, since we again organized a match between 3 gangs.

Anyways, like i said i'll be busy next weekend, so i can't organize anything, so i'd say that in 2 weeks, on July 1st, we meet and finish off those 2 PC matches. From what i saw, DM will be 360 and PS3 only now, so they won't do the PC duels, so once those 2 are finished PC is over for GL 2011, then i can concentrate on finally updating the tables and fixtures so i can bumb everyone again to get more active and playing on other systems(PS3 and 360 that is) so that more matches can be done. icon14.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

Aye next week. Hopefully it'll work out well for everyone then, I'm getting tired of the rescheduling.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Jun 17 2011, 21:44)
We only got 1 PC match remaining with the SRS, which will be done over the next 3 weeks, then i guess at the start of July we can sort our PS3 matches.

Okay Andy. July Is a good month but i don't finish studying and sh*t till the 22nd July but I can probably still make events on Friday's icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

I hope we are able to play soon, hopefully before July 20th. What games modes will you select for your home games? I think we will likely want to play a team death match and a team mafiya wars smile.gif

I also hope the Damned are able to play vs The Dominican Mob, are there any other gangs on ps3 that are competing in the Gang League? The troops are eager to compete...

Its just a pity that the Dirty Dozen who although are my friends have too many flippin members, we've already played, but I had to laugh when we played, no surprises with their choice of match, turf war no blips and Rpgs rolleyes.gif , but I laughed even more when it came to our choices picking team deathmatch, so they brought in their strongest shooters lol like stev150, damn I wish I had been there, least thanks to our TMW maestro Madmonk we beat them in our TMW game....

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I'll have to do a lot of editing now that a lot of gangs have died, so we'll have a clearer picture of who can play who next week when the first post is finally updated(Can't do it before next thursday since im studying for rl)

BIG-P-92
  • BIG-P-92

Broker Turf Terror!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:52 PM Edited by BIG-P-92, 22 June 2011 - 06:00 PM.

Its just a pity that the Dirty Dozen who although are my friends have too many flippin members, we've already played, but I had to laugh when we played, no surprises with their choice of match, turf war no blips and Rpgs   , but I laughed even more when it came to our choices picking team deathmatch, so they brought in their strongest shooters lol like stev150, damn I wish I had been there, least thanks to our TMW maestro Madmonk we beat them in our TMW game....

*cough* POWERFUL weapons. Not RPGs. Yes, they are available, but we did not all make use of them (which both teams were free to do!), the SMG, shotgun and assault rifle was enough for me! Also. As you said we have many members, it would be a shame to play the same 4/5 guys for all the matches when we had more members who wanted to play, wouldn't you agree? And what's wrong with choosing the players for each match based on their skills from the players available? Just like your choice of matches (TMW and TDM) we chose the mode that we are most experienced in. smile.gif

We love ya too Aj, but lets not get into this again, eh? tounge.gif

PSSST! D12 could also use a match some time aswell...

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (BIG-P-92 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 17:52)

Its just a pity that the Dirty Dozen who although are my friends have too many flippin members, we've already played, but I had to laugh when we played, no surprises with their choice of match, turf war no blips and Rpgs   , but I laughed even more when it came to our choices picking team deathmatch, so they brought in their strongest shooters lol like stev150, damn I wish I had been there, least thanks to our TMW maestro Madmonk we beat them in our TMW game....

*cough* POWERFUL weapons. Not RPGs. Yes, they are available, but we did not all make use of them (which both teams were free to do!), the SMG, shotgun and assault rifle was enough for me! Also. As you said we have many members, it would be a shame to play the same 4/5 guys for all the matches when we had more members who wanted to play, wouldn't you agree? And what's wrong with choosing the players for each match based on their skills from the players available? Just like your choice of matches (TMW and TDM) we chose the mode that we are most experienced in. smile.gif

We love ya too Aj, but lets not get into this again, eh? tounge.gif

PSSST! D12 could also use a match some time aswell...

I have no problem with the choices, it's what any gang would do, and as I said it was no surprise to me. (Powerful to me will always equal RPG's, especially when from experience thats the only weapon I appeared to get killed by, I did not mean to sound arrogant) anyways we did not lose the matches because of that, more a lack of turf war experience compared to the d1rties

I do agree with you, it is fair to play all members, it would certainly of been harsh to say no to players that really wanted to participate, but at the same time, if one gang has no more than 5 to chose from, and another has 15+, is it really fair? It's no fault of the d12, they been around way longer than most, and its a fantastic gang, with some great players and friends, but I am just saying, it is a pity for the sakes of this event and the gang section as whole in a way, that there is not an even spread of forum members and talented players, so that some really great GL games could take place.... hope this makes sense.

The only way around this is that the d12 register a limited amount of players willing to take part (say 6 players), or even better in my opinion split into multiple teams, like the originals, d wild bunch crossovers etc....?

BIG-P-92
  • BIG-P-92

Broker Turf Terror!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:12 PM Edited by BIG-P-92, 22 June 2011 - 07:18 PM.

Very good point, Aj. Never thought of it that way. It would certainly be nice to have more active PSN gangs around, especially since the recent closures. Although I disagree that D12 being as large as it is does any harm to the gang scene, after all, D12 has only gotten this big by other gangs folding and from DWB cross-overs.

I'd be up for there being multiple D12 teams, although that's not up to me ofcourse, but it would certainly spark some life into the PSN side of this event. I'll suggest it to Doc when he's back from Koper.

I don't suppose there's a chance of a friendly between the Damned and D12 at some point to pass the time with this event being as inactive as it is? (On the PSN side)

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

for sure, I'd be down for some friendly gang matches, a mix of modes would be great. It could also act as some great practise for actual gang matchs...

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

I'm sorry to say that we won't be able to make it to the game today (I'm the only one at SRS free). We'll try our best to be there on the next Saturday.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

I said last week i wouldn't be available this week anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Next weekend we'll meet(SRS-Y-AOD) and i'll update the GL topic, and then we'll start organizing the play with Damned MC PS3(Y)

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:25 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 09 July 2011 - 04:31 PM.

Double post;Big update is finally done! icon14.gif
With all this mess in the gang section over the last two months, path has been cleared for many gangs now and i managed to update it all, and the GL is evidently smaller now, so there is enough time for the remaining few matches to be done. Hopefully there will be more real gangs in the future! Sorry i didn't do the update earlier, but i couldn't have due to school duties, university preparations that is.

So, the change-log:
    Ultimatums rule has been removed. Too much inactivity, so i decided to not go over anyone's head, until the gang area is back to being active as before. The remaining gangs are aware of remaining matches, and surely will manage to play most or all of them, so yeah. The rule will be back maybe in a few years, hopefully when the gang area is active like in 2008!
    → ≡TLMC≡, The Lost and Damned MC closed, and they were moved to the ''closed gangs who didn't get to sign up' part in GL table.
    → SOL, Sons of Liberty is also removed from the GL, due to inactivity, and inevitable death. The gang isn't active anymore, and 2 people remaining bumping it up, it just isn't going to work. Both of their 2 remaining people have major family RL problems, so that's that i guess, no MP. Goodbye SOL, it was a pleasure playing with you and having you in the gang section these 2 and a half years! icon14.gif
    → TS, Twisted Syndicate, similar situation with SOL, they are kind of inactive, not doing MP it seems, and very close to having a SOL fate. They got a few posts up in the last week or so, but i don't think they'll be taking part in GL 2011 anymore. I can't say TS is dead yet, unlike for SOL, but one thing's for sure, they are not active enough for MP and GL, and a SOL fate could happen to them very soon. confused.gif
    → PM, Project Mayhem also closed, they went inactive and a few remaining people decided to close it and let it go, and they went inactive them as well, mostly. So yeah, bye PM, it was good having ya on GTAF, and they played 1 match total at the start of the year and lost to TEC.
    → DM, Dominican Mob was the last of them gangs that closed in the last 2 months. It was sad to see them go, but kind of inevitable, as Sam998 ruined that gang once he took over it. Ruined the MP part of it, since before that, DM had 3 matches in the GL done. All 3 they lost however. Unfortunately, since the rules are that when a gang dies, all of their matches are deleted from the table, wins for BCF, AoD MC and Damned MC are erased, due to the DM closing. In the past leagues, they'd get the ''fake'' draws, etc, but we agreed at the start of the year that it's most fair to go like this with closed gangs now, at the expense of someone losing up points of matches they played already. BCF and D MC wins were auto-wins anyways so they shouldn't be hurt much by this, as for AoD match, that did happen, so it's a damn shame it has to be deleted, but it's like that and it can't be changed. sad.gif Let's just hope nobody closes anymore though.
    → Added two GL 2011 match results that were played, Y vs AoD MC 2:0, AoD MC-SRS 2:0
    → Sorted out the table nicely, and the remaining matches. There's still a lot to do, but it's doable!
    → New gang added to GL 2011, Navy Seals. Congratulations. Hope you get your 360 matches done!
    → The last remaining active gang, who didn't sign up for GL 2011, The Ivanov Family, is invited to join the GL 2011, assuming they are not one of those fake PBM gangs.
    → GL 2011 table is below, and remaining matches are in the first post. Use them, and this thread, as well as the PM system to organize the remaining duels!
    user posted image
Also, explanation of the league table in case anyone's confused:

1-7 → Current GTAF GL 2011 gangs who you can play with.
1-3 →Top 3 gangs at the moment on the table
8-13 → Gangs that were in GL 2011, but closed during it. You do not have to worry about them anymore. They are in the table only so it's known they were a part of the GL in 2011
- → Gangs below 13th spot are gangs that were to sign up for the GL, but closed before they could be accepted, and they left a mark on the GTAF, so they are mentioned in the GL.

Now lets get back to organizing remaining matches in the first post, you can check and see which ones are remaining for your gang! Not many but not a few either, and more then enough time to do it! icon14.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, Yardies vs SRS, SRS vs AoD MC - next saturday. Who's in?

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Andy, we need to get some PS3 matches organised soon icon14.gif

Question, can I even play in gang matches? Or do I have to prove myself first. I've been a Y member since September but I have never actually played in a competitive match before.

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Can Yardies fight The Damned MC next saturday?

deadsliez1
  • deadsliez1

Godfather Ivanov.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

Gang Color: Yellow & Black
Gang Tag: [IV ]
Gang Name: Ivanov Family
Gang Logo: http://i.imgur.com/8jdTZ.gif
Gang Roster:http://www.gtaforums...owtopic=477183#
Systems competing: 360

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:38 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 12 July 2011 - 05:51 PM.

---------------------------------------------------
@Damned MC/ZDANZ96 - As soon as my PSN has been permanently fixed, i'll get myself to organizing our match. Hopefully it'll stop with that stupid error, but i dunno, i'll have to call my ISP tomorrow to see if the problem ain't with them, it worked today just fine, but on monday it was f*cking up.
I want to be in the match because i don't want to let my gang down for not being able to connect. suicidal.gif Then if we'd lose i'd blame myself for failing with the PSN. If we'd lose with me on, everyone could blame me for losing, but i'd feel better for at least trying to help rather then sitting powerless and watching them lose(Doesn't mean we'll lose, but just an example)

It's the same feeling you ZDAN have, and why you want to host because you can't connect, you don't want to let your clan down!

I had an idea that we meet this Wednesday or next Saturday during the wolf meet(4 of our people and 4 of your people who'd be in the match), so we can do a host test session, to make sure you can be host and nobody disconnects, if you know what i mean! And then as soon as i'm fixed and once we sorted who'll host, we'll organize the 1st leg match. icon14.gif
@Ivanovs - I got your app. icon14.gif I'll watch you guys for a few weeks to stay active and to make sure none of ya'll is a PBM, then you'll be accepted. Cheers for the app!
@Navy Seals and BCF - Your war needs to stop. I had 1 BCF and 1 NS guy PMing me this morning how the other gang has turbos and how they don't want to play vs them, so i'm not gonna name anyone, or listen to any of your PM's anymore. There is a simple rule in the 1st post. If a gang is caught using a turbo, the result goes 2:0 auto win for the other team no matter what the original was due to turbo usage. So just play, and if you notice someone had turbo in that match, make sure to prove it, and then you'll get the points. I won't reply to any of your PMs.
Now i hope ya'll can stop turbo wars and start organizing some GL duels now! And the other gangs as well! There ain't much matches left, shouldn't be hard to organize!
Y vs SRS and SRS vs AoD MC should happen this Saturday at 12 UK time! I've PM'ed AoD and SRS, hoping for the answers soon!

ChrisMurk
  • ChrisMurk

211 мaѕтer тнιeғ

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

I want my guy's name.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Oops, my bad it was just 1 BCF guy, sorry Seals. icon13.gif

But it doesn't matter either way, the whole argument needs to stop, both sides need to understand that. The rule is there to prevent turbo usage, so there is no problem in anyone playing.

deadsliez1
  • deadsliez1

Godfather Ivanov.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Okay then. Thanks Andy. icon14.gif

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:30 PM Edited by ItalianStalion, 12 July 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Andy, just replied to your PM matey.

EDIT: I will be attending this GL on Saturday. smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:00 AM Edited by AndyGanteks, 13 July 2011 - 12:15 PM.

It seems like the SRS will be unavailable, so it's a no for saturday. sad.gif
I'll ask Girish about sunday or friday during the AoD event maybe.

edit2: Nope, he's busy, we'll try again next weekend.

Rounds.
  • Rounds.

"Your Round"

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Andy we had a match with The Ivanov Family today. Since they are pending to partake in GL, does the match count?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Sorry, match counts only when they make it to the league, and i think they'll be accepted somewhere at the start of august, i'll let people know when in an update.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

The Damned MC vs The Yardies on ps3, after Protecting the Wolf this weekend???

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:38 PM Edited by AndyGanteks, 15 July 2011 - 12:20 AM.

I didn't fix my PS3 permanently yet, so it's 99.9% no(and our main player Dnero returns from summer vacation on Wednesday). I think i posted a few posts back in this topic about our match ajbn, that's how it is.

I'll try to fix it for the next weekend. I'm working every day and searching the internet to try and solve this annoyance, it'll be it's 2 week ''anniversary'' tomorrow. suicidal.gif

edit: Also updated my thread on the PS Forums. Hopefully they finally answer. http://community.us..../thread/3428831 confused.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

sorry Andy, I missed that, just let know me anytime you think would be good.

Rounds.
  • Rounds.

"Your Round"

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 22:20)
Sorry, match counts only when they make it to the league, and i think they'll be accepted somewhere at the start of august, i'll let people know when in an update.

Ok thanks icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users