I got depression

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic
AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

I don't know what this is

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:28 AM

As the title says. Oh, this is just perfect. I had to go see a doctor because my friends said I wasn't acting normal and I would like keep saying negative things and the doctor told me I had depression. This is results in me taking prescription drugs. They don't seem to be working because every where I go all I can think about is sadness. On weekends after school I would just sit on my bed and stare at the wall for about half an hour. Its a bitch and I can almost never be happy. Now I dont even go out of my dorm, I sit there trying to think what to do to have fun but nothing comes up. Depression is a bitch and I hope no one ever gets it.

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:39 AM

Wow man that is unfortunate. I always thought that depression was weird. You not happy? go find something fun and get happy its not that hard.

I know its not that easy and its a lot different then that though. I hope I never go through it. Good luck on getting cured. smile.gif

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (I Love Anna Kournikova @ Jan 2 2011, 06:39)
Wow man that is unfortunate. I always thought that depression was weird. You not happy? go find something fun and get happy its not that hard.

I know its not that easy and its a lot different then that though. I hope I never go through it. Good luck on getting cured. smile.gif

Depression makes it so that you find NO enjoyment in anything. If someone would give me a million dollar right now I might only be freaking out for 30 seconds and then I would start thinking negative thoughts like, I'm going to get robbed now or that I will spend it all away at once.

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

its a part of life. youll see, it will go away by itself.

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

Depression is not a part of life.

See a shrink, one that you feel is well-qualified. I also suggest reading "The Road Less Traveled" by Scott M. Peck. Good stuff in there.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:57 AM

Pretty obvious that heroin is the answer to all your problems.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

Log off GTAForums, get out and enjoy the nature.

TheLostBiker
  • TheLostBiker

DJ WildLost

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:07 AM

You must be married tounge.gif

All kidding aside, go see your family/ friends. Sit down with someone you trust and talk about what your going through. If your depression ever causes thoughts of suicide, Call 911 immediately and say you are suicidal. Your life is valuable. Remember that. smile.gif

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

This topic gave me depression.

AlfieWilRus
  • AlfieWilRus

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 2 2011, 07:04)

I live in Seattle. All there is here is Rain and grey clouds. I think where I lived contributed to my depression.

Anyways, I made this topic to tell people who don't have depression to have a lot of fun as much as possible because as soon as depression strikes, you'll have no fun at all.

TheDavid
  • TheDavid

☦ Orthodoxy ☦

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

I have undiagnosed depression. It is a biitch.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

I know you said you were just kidding afterwards, but i will still say that usually its not the persons fault they have depression, it can be caused by a mental illness or a chemical imbalance in the brain.

The doctor will tell you all about dealing with it, but my advice is get off the computer and excercise.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:48 AM

I had depression/anxiety really bad a while back. I went in and got some anti-depressants and good lord I couldn't even finish taking my 2 week trial, that sh*t made me feel so f*ckin weird, like I was high but not an enjoyable high one bit. I remember going down to my post office to check the mail and I just felt in a heavy daze and it felt like I was walking in foot deep sand. I went home and slept a long ass time and told myself to never touch that sh*t again.

I did my research on the stuff and you'd never guess the main ingredient.. Sodium Fluoride, a very very harmful substance to the human body when ingested despite what mainstream may has said about it. Fluoride health risks Its numbs you to the point where along with depression/anxiety, you can't feel ANY emotions, you become a dull, lifeless zombie.

Trust me on this, don't take Rx drugs for depression unless its you're only hope after say half a year or so. What I recommend, and what every doctor should recommend is Make sure you take in all your vitamins, nutrients, enzymes and all that good stuff. Get a juicer and juice veggies once a day, although they dont taste all that great you will immediately start to feel alot better. What takes most dedication though is controlling your mind. The best way I overcame my problems was very simple, mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont matter. When I realized myself starting to think about anything that made me feel down at all, I'd immediately think of anything else I could to take my mind off it. With a bit of practice it will work wonders and make depression seem like nothing.

Also another thing is depression, for the most part, isn't a chemical imbalance, its a state of mind. More than likely there is a reason you are depressed, whether its staying indoors too much (lack of sunlight actually brings on depression from a lack of Vit D), a past relationship or whatever, there is usually an underlying reason to why you feel down. And the more you begin to dwell on it, the worse it is going to become. Every single day you wake up telling yourself you have depression and can't fix it without taking some drug, the deeper the hole is going to become and it'll be just that much more difficult to pull yourself out of. Just always remind yourself that it really is all in your head and that it is all under your control.

Summary:
1. DONT eat processed foods, eat all natural veggies and all that good stuff. You are what you eat, and if you dont supply your body with the right foods your body needs to properly operate, you are going to feel it physically AND emotionally. <-- this is extremely important
2. Dont take Rx!
3. Go out and enjoy what you can, it is definitely tough to get yourself to go out when you feel down but you have to force yourself and it'll be worth it when you do.
4. Try to find an underlying issue you may have, unresolved problems can break someone years later until they come to face it, whatever it may be.

I know everything here probably doesn't directly apply to your situation but I do what I can to help smile.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ignore everyting said above. Don't give up on the drugs before trying them, and certainly not before talking with your shrink. Those people have a bunch of years of training, then a bunch of years of practice - they're not some random conspiracy theory kook.

Actually, the food stuff might be clever. You're gonna have to make some serious lifestyle changes.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

What are the base things that contributed to your depression?

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:49 AM Edited by makeshyft, 02 January 2011 - 10:16 AM.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Jan 2 2011, 17:38)

I live in Seattle. All there is here is Rain and grey clouds. I think where I lived contributed to my depression.

confused.gif

Edit: No, I want to run with this.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 4 2010, 17:11)
If you live in Indonesia (like I do) chicken wings are 3 for 2,000 rupiah. Which is about 20 cents.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 6 2010, 00:19)
Yeah, I live in Indonesia and its really hard to find games. Well, I mean original games because there are so many pirate games here. You have to play a lot though to buy the originals though.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 11 2010, 03:14)
I live in Indonesia and Indonesia is the 4th largest country on the planet. 85% of its populations is Islamic. So ok the scary story is that the islamics here bury the dead within 24 hours of TOD. So doctors have to be very quick on autopcies (English was not my first language) and when they were put in the ground they we're covered in these white like blankets only revealing the head. In legend if the grave is disturbed in any way or no more relatives visit the body will be alive again and seek revenge to who ever disturbed or not visited the grave. And the horrors movies that have been made here are seriously scary.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 12 2010, 18:21)
Edit: In Indonesia it isn't that hard to find fast PCs as long as you live in Jakarta, Surabaya or other major cities. The hard part is finding original games. I had to spend 2,000,000 Rupiahs (Indo Currency) to buy an orginal Gta IV copy for PC. 2 mil rupiahs is about 190 dollars!

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Dec 11 2010, 15:25)
Uh, I live in INdonesia.

Alfie also lies about his age:
QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 3 2010, 18:44)
QUOTE (Runey. @ Aug 2 2010, 09:21)
Before I give you any kind of advice on that, I must ask your age.

I'm 29.

But, hang on:
QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Nov 24 2010, 16:30)
2 years old. My dad bought me a Nintendo 64 and since then I've been gaming.

That would mean the absolute earliest you could have been born is 1994, making you 16.

You don't have depression. You're an attention seeker. You also apparently come from one of the richest families in Indonesia. Buuuuuulllllshiiiiiit.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:13 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 02 January 2011 - 10:20 AM.

Ever since the grunge explosion died down, no one will admit they're from Seattle anymore. Shame...

...make, are you like, a private investigator or something? You do good detective work.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Jan 2 2011, 20:13)
...make, are you like, a private investigator or something? You do good detective work.

They call me... The Journalist.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Jan 2 2011, 03:49)
*snip*

QUOTE (the entirety of his respect list)
Anyone who doesn't lie, I respect.

Oh, how I adore irony.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Jan 2 2011, 00:56)
Ignore everyting said above. Don't give up on the drugs before trying them, and certainly not before talking with your shrink. Those people have a bunch of years of training, then a bunch of years of practice - they're not some random conspiracy theory kook.

Actually, the food stuff might be clever. You're gonna have to make some serious lifestyle changes.

Wait what?? eating well, learning to overcome anxiety and/or depression with your own will rather than just taking some drug for it, and going out and enjoying what you can in life is bad advice? haha serious, there is nothing worse off than trying to fix every problem you have with a quick fix drug, ESPECIALLY when the main ingredient to it is sodium fluoride which is proven time and time again harmful to the human body.

Are you to fat? here take a pill.
Do you feel sad? then take this pill.
Do you feel too happy? then here, try this pill.
Is the first anti-depressant you're taking not enough, here take this pill ontop of your other and youll feel better(no joke they actually have these)
Do you have any other problem that can be fixed using an all natural method? Here take this pill instead, its better for you, we promise.

Get real.. like I could see maybe if this guy had gotten back from a war and has ptsd from seeing some gruesome sh*t or just have his family murdered or anything alone those lines, then yes, anti-depressants would help you out, but sounding from this situation taking Rx is faaar from what he is going to want to do. Just go out and ask anyone whos ever taken AD pills before and they'll tell you themselves that they lost all emotions and became a flat zombie, and in the end it made their conditions worse and that coming off the pill is harder than dealing with depression in the first place.

Trust me OP, Ive been there done that, I've talked to countless people who've tried it as well, you do not want to head down that road. Alot of it is just eating right. People Do Not realize how everything they eat is processed, and through the process of processing the 'food' nearly all nutritional values are obliterated, so you're just eatin genetically modified corn mush with no health value to it, and if you are what you eat how to expect all that sh*t like hot pockets, party pizzas, soda, corn dogs, fried chicken strips ect.. is going to make you feel?

Alot of your problems can be fixed, its just the problem is no one left today has the patience to fix the problems themselves and would rather take a pill for the quick fix.

Are you to fat? go workout
Do you feel sad? then change it! the power is literally all in your head, and there's only one way to prove it and that is to try it.

I have actually watched documentaries and heard stories of how people with schizophrenia, psychotic episodes, bipolar ect have gotten over their conditions, or atleast gotten control of them using the very simple and all natural steps I mentioned before, and you're telling me I'm wrong and it can't cure depression? That's a good one..

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

Makeshyft, I heard that... some people can change their residence now, like to another state, or even countries! I think it's only a rumor though. Total bullsh*t.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

But can they change their age? Other than the natural way, of course.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Jan 2 2011, 10:26)
QUOTE (Gronf @ Jan 2 2011, 00:56)

Wait what?? eating well, learning to overcome anxiety and/or depression with your own will rather than just taking some drug for it, and going out and enjoying what you can in life is bad advice? haha serious, there is nothing worse off than trying to fix every problem you have with a quick fix drug, ESPECIALLY when the main ingredient to it is sodium fluoride which is proven time and time again harmful to the human body.

<snip>

+1

That's some great advice you gave there.

I panicked when my gf left me a few years back and ran to the doctor. He gave me some prescription anti-d's and added to the high amounts of ecstacy, cannabis and alcohol I was taking, it was a potent cocktail of pain. Luckily the AD's and the ecstacy weren't an addiction so I was able to stop taking them pretty easily.

The alcohol and cannabis were a lot tougher, but that's a different topic, even though they are depressants.

Really, the best advice is to eat well and get out. I did a lot of bird watching when I gave up booze and blow, and ate a lot of fresh, quality food. When you're coming out of depression, you realise that the worst thing to lose is your mind.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:33 AM Edited by finn4life, 02 January 2011 - 11:36 AM.

QUOTE (makeshyft @ Jan 2 2011, 20:49)
QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Jan 2 2011, 17:38)

confused.gif

Edit: No, I want to run with this.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 4 2010, 17:11)
If you live in Indonesia (like I do) chicken wings are 3 for 2,000 rupiah. Which is about 20 cents.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 6 2010, 00:19)
Yeah, I live in Indonesia and its really hard to find games. Well, I mean original games because there are so many pirate games here. You have to play a lot though to buy the originals though.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 11 2010, 03:14)
I live in Indonesia and Indonesia is the 4th largest country on the planet. 85% of its populations is Islamic. So ok the scary story is that the islamics here bury the dead within 24 hours of TOD. So doctors have to be very quick on autopcies (English was not my first language) and when they were put in the ground they we're covered in these white like blankets only revealing the head. In legend if the grave is disturbed in any way or no more relatives visit the body will be alive again and seek revenge to who ever disturbed or not visited the grave. And the horrors movies that have been made here are seriously scary.

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 12 2010, 18:21)
Edit: In Indonesia it isn't that hard to find fast PCs as long as you live in Jakarta, Surabaya or other major cities. The hard part is finding original games. I had to spend 2,000,000 Rupiahs (Indo Currency) to buy an orginal Gta IV copy for PC. 2 mil rupiahs is about 190 dollars!

QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Dec 11 2010, 15:25)
Uh, I live in INdonesia.

Alfie also lies about his age:
QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Aug 3 2010, 18:44)
QUOTE (Runey. @ Aug 2 2010, 09:21)
Before I give you any kind of advice on that, I must ask your age.

I'm 29.

But, hang on:
QUOTE (AlfieWilRus @ Nov 24 2010, 16:30)
2 years old. My dad bought me a Nintendo 64 and since then I've been gaming.

That would mean the absolute earliest you could have been born is 1994, making you 16.

You don't have depression. You're an attention seeker. You also apparently come from one of the richest families in Indonesia. Buuuuuulllllshiiiiiit.

Actually i never considered this, i think you may be right, i also remember a few weeks ago (maybe deliberately planned) alfie wilrus was saying he never feels like doing anything, everything is boring.

Either we are waaay off, or 100% right if we are right i suggest you explain these holes in your story first.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

@makeshyft, I love you <3

I had depression in 2008 for about 2 weeks. Nothing made me happy or exciting. I don't know what caused it but I think it was the lack of social-ness since I was on school holidays, but for 2 whole weeks, leading up to the release of SR2, I wasn't even excited for it, even though before that I was so hyped, almost the amount for IV. So for about 2 weeks, my thoughts were just, empty, and so were my feelings. It just felt like all my feelings and emotions have gone negative, and then to nothing. Anyway, I basically stayed home the whole time. Once I went back to school I started to feel normal again. I guess you just need to go out and get social! have fun. Don't stay home playing video games, or on the internet.

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Jan 2 2011, 18:48)
I had depression/anxiety really bad a while back. I went in and got some anti-depressants and good lord I couldn't even finish taking my 2 week trial, that sh*t made me feel so f*ckin weird, like I was high but not an enjoyable high one bit. I remember going down to my post office to check the mail and I just felt in a heavy daze and it felt like I was walking in foot deep sand. I went home and slept a long ass time and told myself to never touch that sh*t again.

I did my research on the stuff and you'd never guess the main ingredient.. Sodium Fluoride, a very very harmful substance to the human body when ingested despite what mainstream may has said about it. Fluoride health risks Its numbs you to the point where along with depression/anxiety, you can't feel ANY emotions, you become a dull, lifeless zombie.

Trust me on this, don't take Rx drugs for depression unless its you're only hope after say half a year or so. What I recommend, and what every doctor should recommend is Make sure you take in all your vitamins, nutrients, enzymes and all that good stuff. Get a juicer and juice veggies once a day, although they dont taste all that great you will immediately start to feel alot better. What takes most dedication though is controlling your mind. The best way I overcame my problems was very simple, mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont matter. When I realized myself starting to think about anything that made me feel down at all, I'd immediately think of anything else I could to take my mind off it. With a bit of practice it will work wonders and make depression seem like nothing.

Also another thing is depression, for the most part, isn't a chemical imbalance, its a state of mind. More than likely there is a reason you are depressed, whether its staying indoors too much (lack of sunlight actually brings on depression from a lack of Vit D), a past relationship or whatever, there is usually an underlying reason to why you feel down. And the more you begin to dwell on it, the worse it is going to become. Every single day you wake up telling yourself you have depression and can't fix it without taking some drug, the deeper the hole is going to become and it'll be just that much more difficult to pull yourself out of. Just always remind yourself that it really is all in your head and that it is all under your control.

Summary:
1. DONT eat processed foods, eat all natural veggies and all that good stuff. You are what you eat, and if you dont supply your body with the right foods your body needs to properly operate, you are going to feel it physically AND emotionally. <-- this is extremely important
2. Dont take Rx!
3. Go out and enjoy what you can, it is definitely tough to get yourself to go out when you feel down but you have to force yourself and it'll be worth it when you do.
4. Try to find an underlying issue you may have, unresolved problems can break someone years later until they come to face it, whatever it may be.

I know everything here probably doesn't directly apply to your situation but I do what I can to help smile.gif

This is a joke, right? Like, you're trolling. Right?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

Which part specifically? The chemical imbalance part?

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Montenegro

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:58 AM Edited by Stefche, 02 January 2011 - 12:01 PM.

QUOTE (Piperka @ Jan 2 2011, 22:38)
@makeshyft, I love you <3

I had depression in 2008 for about 2 weeks. Nothing made me happy or exciting. I don't know what caused it but I think it was the lack of social-ness since I was on school holidays, but for 2 whole weeks, leading up to the release of SR2, I wasn't even excited for it, even though before that I was so hyped, almost the amount for IV. So for about 2 weeks, my thoughts were just, empty, and so were my feelings. It just felt like all my feelings and emotions have gone negative, and then to nothing. Anyway, I basically stayed home the whole time. Once I went back to school I started to feel normal again. I guess you just need to go out and get social! have fun. Don't stay home playing video games, or on the internet.

Having depression is different to feeling depressed. You felt depressed, and most people do at least a few times in their lives. Clinically-diagnosed depression is far more serious and much more complex than simply "feeling down", and most of the patients can actually identify underlying causes as to why they might be feeling depressed, hence why I think the OP's bullsh*tting. Of course, I don't expect him to say everything which he would've told the doctor for confidentiality reasons, but still...

Honestly, the best advice given was from GrandMaster Smith. Also, remember to exercise if you're feeling down, since physical activity releases some hormones into your system which basically help you to feel good... Sorry, I forgot the technical name for the hormone.

EDIT: Wtf's wrong with sodium fluoride, GMS? That stuff's found in drinking water, for God's sake.

EDIT 2: Danke, The-King. Endorphins. smile.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Jan 2 2011, 05:58)
Honestly, the best advice given was from GrandMaster Smith. Also, remember to exercise if you're feeling down, since physical activity releases some hormones into your system which basically help you to feel good... Sorry, I forgot the technical name for the hormone.

Endorphins wink.gif

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:13 PM Edited by makeshyft, 02 January 2011 - 12:32 PM.

QUOTE (Useless Dave @ Jan 2 2011, 20:53)
Makeshyft, I heard that... some people can change their residence now, like to another state, or even countries! I think it's only a rumor though. Total bullsh*t.

Hurr durr, you idiot. The point is he's a serial bullsh*tter. Or did you miss that?

You really need people to hold your hand through life, don't you?

Edit: No, I'll tell you what, Dave. I'll side with you and believe what we're being told. In the three weeks since December 11th, 2010, the OP moved from Indonesia to Seattle, got depressed by the gloom (as we all know that depression happens instantaneously), and was subsequently diagnosed with depression by a physician. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. You are so smart, Dave! I've been a real fool.

Pillock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users