Version 6.0 released!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic
C!TRU5~M!XX3R
  • C!TRU5~M!XX3R

Designer

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

WoW I play the example mission and I like it. More the feature "Storyline" The Openworld style is very amazing idea.

Maybe the best mod 2011 icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Pledge of Chaos
  • Pledge of Chaos

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (C!TRU5~M!XX3R @ Dec 31 2010, 22:08)
WoW I play the example mission and I like it. More the feature "Storyline" The Openworld style is very amazing idea.

Maybe the best mod 2011  icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

Thanks a lot! biggrin.gif

EDIT: Saying that because it's my storyline you played. biggrin.gif

EDIT 2: If you need help, ask me. biggrin.gif

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

Awesome! I liked that copy actor idea, brilliant work Dutchy3010 & PatrickW. This year also I think you will win the "Best Script mod" Award.
Off to make some missions. biggrin.gif

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

woow! awesome DYOM V6

Futuristyc
  • Futuristyc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:28 AM Edited by Futuristyc, 01 January 2011 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (TonyCJ @ Dec 31 2010, 17:39)
Well how to use that new coloring thing dutchy writes u can use a + or something but how i can use it

press "Shift" + "~" + (color letter)

to turn the color text to white back, Shift + ~ + w + Shift + ~.

Colors:
w = white
r = red
y = yellow
g = green
b = blue

+ mean "with" or "and" biggrin.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

We are glad that you are this enthusiastic. We certainly hope that we don't find many bugs, but there probably will be a v6.1, since we are challenging the engine a lot. So we would like to have (GOOD!) bug reports. However, it should be CLEAR what is wrong. Not just "it doesn't work", but very clear, so we can reproduce it.

I decided to make a whole new bug report topic for this version, so we start fresh and else we can't see the wood for trees: new bug topic.

Kalvin'
  • Kalvin'

----------

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

EDIT: NVM fixed it, Keep up the good work, guys!

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Dec 31 2010, 19:51)
QUOTE (TonyCJ @ Dec 31 2010, 18:22)
user posted image

Why the +r+ and +w+ there and this is not cuz big letters i tried small letters too but it shows it

LOL, my mission biggrin.gif

@Jimmy,
how did you add those texts to the mission?
Did you add them afterwards by editing it with notepad++ ?

In that case you should still use the old "~r~" syntax for coloring. The "+r+" syntax is only meant to be used ingame, because there the ~ will cause problems during text-entry.

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Thanks a lot Dutchy3010 and PatrickW. colgate.gif

LiLArt
  • LiLArt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

I am new in DYOM and like it alot, great work of all you guys.
I was wondering.. should it be possible to add Objects you made in MTA:DM or w/e in some pawn. code or what code you have to use.
So we can add a whole .map into DYOM and make our mission right over there.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

I'm sorry, we can't do that. As long as the models are named the same, you can use it, else it will crash...

TonyCJ
  • TonyCJ

Why we just can't be friend's i'm really changed

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Dutchy can you do like real people voices to dyom like in real game big smoke voice sweet voice all the voices it woud be more interesting biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

I have a few questions about storyline missions
- Is 24 missions the max or can we add more? just it has a chance of crashing?
- Is it possible to have 2 missions which lead into a choice.. and you pick one of the missions, but the other one is closed off?
(example would be the Revenge and The Deal missions on GTA IV

Ill ask anymore if I can think of some, but if can answer thanks!

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

@TonyCJ: Technically it would be possible to play external sound files at certain points, but since we want to stick to the "ingame" mission-building, that's not something very likely to happen.

@DoublePulse:
- 24 missions is the max at this point, you won't be able to add any more after that. We might increase it a bit in a future release, but we're really struggling with the available storage space.
- No, once a mission is available, it will stay available until it is passed. The player can choose the sequence in which he plays the missions, if they are available at the same time, but he must always complete all missions.

KENY1RAY2
  • KENY1RAY2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Dutchy3010 PatrickW and I ask if they can add these features to the next version:
"For example, when the player loses or wins on a mission to customize putting text, scenes, rewards, etc..
"Do Mandatory or not the mission (In other words if necessary pass to move to the next.
"In the Objectives section on the cars, add a function like" Kill all enemies "but this time," Kill all cars. " Another function, which carry all the cars to a single target.
"In the Objectives section on actors consider one function is needed: The Make a friend and be binding permancer with him (in other words if you go much your friend can not go to the next objective)
"In the Objectives section on the pickups, there should be a performance of" Take all the existing pickups. "
"In the Objectives section should have the functionality to add objectives such as (a switch that we use or fire, dynamite, to which we should take or to explode, boxes, etc) and apply to all objects present.
"In the general section on" Objectives "I wish I could add" Hide Goals "as it has sometimes a bit tedious for such purpose up to a car and then take it to a place but after I make a scene come and appear elsewhere but no longer Remain the car there.
"In the Objectives section should add a function to which such an actor's life aparesca enemy in a bar, and other functionality would be a bar to indicate that we should move away or closer or something, or for example playing horn.
"In the section" Special targets "should have the ability to move the camera in the scenes and the ability for the player to do drive-by.

As I realized the story of a mission and the mission set are two different things, so for this I would like to make a function to be called "submission" to serve in many ways, both for itself submission or an extra for a simple mission.

"In the players section would need 2 functions: add multiple actions to the actors, and add marker (the marker to not lose sight of.)
"In the section cars and pickups, it would be necessary as the actors (just add bookmark).
"In the" Storyline "that could get into all the shops, Ammu-Nation, barber-shop, clubs, etc.
"In the" Objects "I think it could add many more throughout the San Andreas are too many objects.

THANKS AND DUTCHY3010 PATRICKW, YOUR MOD IS THE BEST OF ALL.

Uros12
  • Uros12

Guess whos back!

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

I just gotta say,the mod is still buggy as hell.I was hoping it would change,but no...it crashes always,ALWAYS,with every mission I play.Goddamnit... confused.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Uros12 @ Jan 5 2011, 21:22)
I just gotta say,the mod is still buggy as hell.I was hoping it would change,but no...it crashes always,ALWAYS,with every mission I play.Goddamnit... confused.gif

Are you playing DYOM on an official and unmodded version of SA, with CLEO3 properly installed?
Also keep in mind that DYOM will require more from your computer than standard SA, as lots of mission tend to contain
much more actors/cars/items, than any of the original missions.

I'm certainly not saying that DYOM is bug-free (but where working hard to get as much as possible of them out), but if it is crashing in every single mission you play, than there is an issue with either your SA install or your hardware is not able to keep up.

@KENY1RAY2:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Some things on your list have already been considered, but there's a limit to the amount of functionality we can add, so we have to make choices. But it's good to have a much suggestions as possible, so that we can make the most educated choice when it comes to adding new stuff.

KENY1RAY2
  • KENY1RAY2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

Ok, thank you very much for responding PatricW. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users