Photo

[CLEO4] Napalm Bombing Mod

37 replies to this topic
Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:06 AM Edited by Adler, 01 February 2011 - 04:28 AM.

Can a moderator please have this topic renamed "[CLEO 3/4] Napalm Bombing Mod?" Thank you! smile.gif

Napalm Bombing Mod 1.21
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
This mod is compatible with the CLEO 3/4 Libraries found here:
http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/

Through expressing his distress at the lack of napalm in his F-4E Phantom II mod with the use of smileys, I came up with the idea of making a napalm mod for San Andreas.

Included in this mod is a script that allows you to drop napalm bombs from any plane. Alternatively, you can call for a napalm strike in which three Hydras will arrive at an area you point out and each drop a napalm bomb at the location.

CHANGELOG
    • First Public Release
    • Napalm strike can now be called to a map target marker
    • Napalm explosion from Overdose Effects is optional
    • Active method for lighting peds and cars on fire
    • Script fixed and optimized
    • Now CLEO 3 compatible!
    • Fixed height bug involving the Napalm Strike
    • Fixed bug where the player's car also explodes
Press "N" in a plane while in mid-air to drop a napalm bomb. It is suggested that the plane be at a comfortable distance from the ground to avoid the impact of the bomb.

To call for a Napalm Strike, type "NAPALM" then select a target by aiming at a point then press FIRE to commence the napalm bombing.

Type "MAPALM" instead to direct the planes to a map target marker.

Optional dependencies include:

SkylineGTRFreak's F-4E Phantom II
Function-X's Overdose Effects

Rename the file to 'napalm_x.cs' for the special napalm explosion included in Overdose Effects.

>> Mirror at Deji's GTAGangstas site. <<

TheD199434
  • TheD199434

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

Looks awesome and with the new Overdose 1.4 will look... like... wow... lol.gif
**Downloading it** biggrin.gif

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Nice mod keep up the good work.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Thanks guys. Happy New Year!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:31 PM Edited by goin-god, 01 January 2011 - 11:33 PM.

Holy f*ck. Awesome.

Vietnam smile.gif

Rider916
  • Rider916

Ridin Loww

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

u played 2 much black ops coin-god biggrin.gif
but hell yea i luv this track

TheModder3D
  • TheModder3D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

Good Work Adler, but can you make at Mod that you make a Marker at the Map and then the Hydras flying there and leave Bombs.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (TheModder3D @ Jan 21 2011, 05:04)
Good Work Adler, but can you make at Mod that you make a Marker at the Map and then the Hydras flying there and leave Bombs.

Yeah I might do that some time soon. Got my SAT tomorrow so I can't right now.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

I really like how this mod is written, multi-threading makes it optimized smile.gif

But starter has some waste in it, in fact 0@ always will be 0 and 1. You can make it shorter then:

CODE
:ThreadCheck
if
   0@ == 0
then
   jump @Start
end
if
   0@ == initBomb
then
   jump @BombStart
end
0A93: end_custom_thread

:Start

->

CODE
:ThreadCheck
   8039:   not 0@ == initBomb
else_jump @BombStart

:Start

Pretty shorter, isn't it? tounge.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

Yeah guess I can do that. I'll update some time soon with Function X's napalm effect too. wink.gif

SIDE NOTE: Did pretty well on the SAT hopefully.

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

With improved effects the mod will be awesome. icon14.gif cookie.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Rider916 @ Jan 3 2011, 06:29)
u played 2 much black ops coin-god biggrin.gif

Balck Ops? Sure... I never played that crappy game.

COD isn't the first game use that song in Vietnam.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

First time I heard that song was in Forrest Gump lol.

I thought Black Ops was a good game though. Didn't have loose ends like MW2 and had great gameplay and storyline.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Anyway, I've read this mod source one more time, and I recognized that it easily can be converted to CLEO3 smile.gif
How about making it 3-friendly in 1.1?

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Jan 23 2011, 19:26)
QUOTE (Rider916 @ Jan 3 2011, 06:29)
u played 2 much black ops coin-god  biggrin.gif

Balck Ops? Sure... I never played that crappy game.

COD isn't the first game use that song in Vietnam.

Vietnam is a good place isn't it? despite some defect...
@author: nice mod damn i love it , can you make it for cleo 3?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Yeah I will make a new version with CLEO-3 compatibility and some new features by Sunday hopefully. Depends on how much schoolwork I got but there shouldn't be much since I got Finals tomorrow and Friday.

Also @Silent: Do you know of the addresses for the GXT memory functions (ShowTextBox and etc.) for version 1.01 of the .exe? Would really appreciate the help on this one. smile.gif

OFF-TOPIC

Despite having concealed my real life identity on the internet pretty well, I'm going to say that I am Vietnamese myself.

I believe that Vietnam is a very beautiful country with a really scenic landscape (especially now that an epic cave was recently discovered), but it's been spoiled by the Communist regime. The heads of our country are just stupid, self-centered, and greedy dictators who haven't helped out the people at all... only brainwashed them to hate foreigners and even forced my relatives in Vietnam to join the Communist Party (but of course they're really not). They hoard money for themselves instead of for society, and ruined any opportunity for Vietnam to become a great country like Japan and Singapore. All bullsh*t.

In better days, I wish to visit Vietnam again when the bloody dicktators are expelled from our country.

moto_whistle.gif

cuvip
  • cuvip

• Members

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:02 AM

well i'll wait for the cleo3 version biggrin.gif ty much icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
offtopic:i'm a Vietnamese myself, but having heard what you're talking, seems like you're living in the North aren't you? North of Vietnam?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:58 PM Edited by Adler, 27 January 2011 - 11:19 PM.

Hmmm I've been having problems in converting it to CLEO 3 so I asked Silent to help out. Hope this doesn't get in the way of releasing the new version on Sunday.

Also, I came from the South which is why I have the mentality that I did in the last post. My family is very anti-Communist because my grandfather fought against them in the war, and because they're a corrupt regime. We're pretty lucky to be in the United States because of my grandparents. I highly respect America for this, and deeply detest Communist dictators (which is an oxymoron really).

I hate China, in particular, with a passion. Most of their planes are rip-offs from Soviet Flankers, MiGs, etc., and I hear their J-20 was made with the knowledge of stealth technology acquired from a downed Night Hawk. The freaking thing looks like a mix between the PAK FA and F-22. In everything they do, they lack creativity, integrity, and careful attention to detail. Their country will never be as powerful as the Soviet Union was. They're delusional if they think that. Nothing can compare to the Cold War that engaged both the United States and the USSR in the space race and the arms race.

In America, I can say all the crap I want to about our government unlike China. That pathetic country silences those who speak out against their government for fear of opposition. They fear opposition... while the Soviet Union competed against the US tooth and nail to become the sole superpower. If China had any balls they would invade us right now. They're nothing compared to the USSR.

cuvip
  • cuvip

• Members

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Adler @ Jan 27 2011, 22:58)
Hmmm I've been having problems in converting it to CLEO 3 so I asked Silent to help out. Hope this doesn't get in the way of releasing the new version on Sunday.

Also, I came from the South which is why I have the mentality that I did in the last post. My family is very anti-Communist because my grandfather fought against them in the war, and because they're a corrupt regime. We're pretty lucky to be in the United States because of my grandparents. I highly respect America for this, and deeply detest Communist dictators (which is an oxymoron really).

I hate China, in particular, with a passion. Most of their planes are rip-offs from Soviet Flankers, MiGs, etc., and I hear their J-20 was made with the knowledge of stealth technology acquired from a downed Night Hawk. The freaking thing looks like a mix between the PAK FA and F-22. In everything they do, they lack creativity, integrity, and careful attention to detail. Their country will never be as powerful as the Soviet Union was. They're delusional if they think that. Nothing can compare to the Cold War that engaged both the United States and the USSR in the space race and the arms race.

In America, I can say all the crap I want to about our government unlike China. That pathetic country silences those who speak out against their government for fear of opposition. They fear opposition... while the Soviet Union competed against the US tooth and nail to become the sole superpower. If China had any balls they would invade us right now. They're nothing compared to the USSR.

totally agree icon14.gif . But somehow i see improvements in VN let's see in couple of years if it does or not, i'll gtf outta there

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

Yeah my cousin says it's getting a little better but the economy seems to be getting worse. As far as relations it looks like Vietnam is between China and the US at the moment and hopefully it'll lean a little more towards the US so that the ideologies of this country can infiltrate and slowly change the mindset of the population. Though it's unlikely, I hope the leaders will change their minds or a new set of leaders with fresh ideas will overtake the current ones. A silent coup with no blood shed would be interesting to watch.

DennisAlex
  • DennisAlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:24 AM Edited by DennisAlex, 28 January 2011 - 09:05 AM.

Hope you can release the cleo3 version earlier, as I don't think I can wait anymore ...XD

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

I'm working on fixing CLEO3 version issues. Already fixed a main crash, so it should come quickly.

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

:)

• Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

that with version with new napalm effect by Function X?

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

Yes it will have an optional CLEO which uses the Overdose napalm effects. wink.gif

Also thanks Silent for the help!

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

I've sent a fixed source to Adler, so I bet that 1.1 will be released soon after finding some 1.01 addresses. Anyone has 1.01 with CLEO here?

DennisAlex
  • DennisAlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Jan 29 2011, 16:23)
I've sent a fixed source to Adler, so I bet that 1.1 will be released soon after finding some 1.01 addresses. Anyone has 1.01 with CLEO here?

Good news! biggrin.gif I cannot wait for the cleo3 version!

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( エ-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:53 AM Edited by Adler, 31 January 2011 - 03:58 AM.

Version 1.20 is released! Check GTAGarage for the updated version. I will edit the first post with updated information soon, but in the meanwhile, that information is also on the GTAGarage page of this mod. wink.gif

Also, the download for 1.00 will include both the "Large Explosion" and the "Molotov" versions. Version 1.20 will include one napalm.cs file (rename it to napalm_x.cs for Function-X's Overdosed napalm explosion).

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

I don't know if anyone will be interested in it at all, but I made a PL version of mod:

http://www.gta-mods.pl/pliki/480

Umm... enjoy.

DennisAlex
  • DennisAlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

Nice! biggrin.gif It is a really good mod! You guys have done a great job!

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

:)

• Members

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

new version is great! good work Adler and SilentPL and credits to Function-X to making effect of napalm and for Skyline for F4 ;] btw hope you will do more mods like that with military theme ;]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users