Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yup, good work again, keep it up!

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 18:49)
This needs pinned again!

I know, but what can I do? I see inactive sections with about 8 pinned topics. Anyway, thanks guys. wink.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 11:55)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 18:49)
This needs pinned again!

I know, but what can I do? I see inactive sections with about 8 pinned topics. Anyway, thanks guys. wink.gif

Thing is, most new members ignore the pinned topics, but we could try. confused.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yeah, but the same thing happens then to all the other pinned topics.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

As I first saw this topic it was buried many sites back. I just posted to bump it because it is a well made topic. It doesn´t need a pin, I will bump it whenever it fall off the front page. biggrin.gif

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ooh, didn't knew my DYOM newbie guide got in here, thanks for adding it miromiro biggrin.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:14 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:47 PM.

APRIL 2012 - UPDATE #15!

This topic was locked when I first wanted to do the updates, I wonder why, but it doesn't really matter. tounge.gif
Just another month when I update this guide, apparently it's exactly April Fools today. I've got no prank though.
Let's just get on the list, shall we? It's a short one, still waiting for something interesting to happen with the forums, GTA V2, GTA V, whatever...
  • Edited the last "Thanks" line at the Unofficial Group table from fgcarva1 to xHIGHWAY_REAPERx. (3.2)
  • Edited / Added / Removed different links and descriptions in the Important Topics at the State of Liberty section. (12.2)
  • Linked this update to the Guide updates list. (13.2)
  • Removed the *GFX Rules & Guidelines* topic from the Rules Topics list. (12.3)
  • Updated the first post with the new forum stats, number of members & posts. (1.0)
  • Updated the Unofficial Gangs list with the new one created and updated by xHIGHWAY_REAPERx. (3.2)
  • Updated the Important Topics list with the new link to the Current GTAForums Gangs. (12.2)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas round. (12.1)

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:47 PM.

MAY 2012 - UPDATE #16!

Double post again but the inactivity of this topic makes me do it. Got a new month update for this guide, hope it'll come in hand for somebody sometime. It just gets lost so easily, so I really hope to get this pinned once for all. But, until then, the list of the updates.
  • Added the "Nominations" & "Polls are open" to the Annual Awards list. (2.3)
  • Edited the last "Thanks" line at the Unofficial Group table from xHIGHWAY_REAPERx to Mr. Reaper. (3.2)
  • Fixed a BB Code bug at the Simple Posting Tag section, at E-mail. (7.1)
  • Updated the first post with the new number of posts in the forum statistics. (1.0)
  • Updated the Unofficial Gangs list with the new one created and updated by Mr. Reaper. (3.2)
  • Updated the Special Collections list with Wolf68k, adding a brief description. (2.5)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas Chain Game round. (12.1)
  • Updated the Important Topics list with the IV Mission Help (SnP) Rules & FAQ topic of PrometheusX. (12.2)
  • Removed aru from the Special Collections list. (2.5)
Still not so many updates considering that we're still waiting for some bomb to explode on the forum. Like a GTA V announcement or something. V2 is welcome too anytime. Have fun all and enjoy the summer! I really felt like I was getting frozen some months ago. tounge.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:45 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:47 PM.

JUNE 2012 - UPDATE #17!

Ahh, triple post... another month without any replies. sad.gif
Apparently summer has finally came. Although it's been rainy the past three weeks in Romania, I hope for better weather. This month's guide update is a little more dense than the last ones, dunno why. Anyway, let's get it started! biggrin.gif
  • Added the new two crew topics to the Important Topics list - Gangs. (12.2)
  • Added the Writer's Resources list to the Important Topics list - Expression. (12.2)
  • Added the "Guess The Mission" to the Funny Games list of GTA IV. (12.1)
  • Fixed some writing typos here and there.
  • Removed CCPD & Ottae from the Special Collections at the Awards section. (2.5)
  • Removed the gtafmpWiki topic from the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Removed two topics from the Expression - Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Removed a topic from the Suggestions - Rules Topics list. (12.3)
  • Removed the "Welcome To the Server" topic from the Rules Topics of The Lounge. (12.3)
  • Updated the first post with the new forum stats, number of members & posts. (1.0)
  • Updated Dutchy's, Ryan's & Narcis' collection description from the Special Collections at the Awards section. (2.5)
  • Updated the Unofficial Gangs list with the new one created and updated by Mr. Reaper. (3.2)
  • Updated the Important Topics list with the new PC Chat Internet Directory topic link. (12.2)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas & GTA III Chain Game rounds. (12.1)
Can I still hope for a pin? sad.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Can you add 'Guess the Vehicle' in Funny games of GTA 4?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:58 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:48 PM.

JULY 2012 - UPDATE #18!

Alright, here we are with another guide update. Hadn't much stuff to update really, just a few things. I also added Dr. John's topic together with some more updated links. Everything listed below.
  • Added the "NOTICE FROM STAFF" topic at the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Added the GTA IV Guess The Vehicle game in the Funny Games list. (12.1)
  • Added 3 new topics to the Minecraft serction in the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Deleted 6 topics from the Minecraft section in the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Fixed a small error at the third F.A.Q. question. (11.0)
  • Updated the Public Profile - Communcation section with the Games for Windows Live option. (4.1)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas, Vice City & GTA III Chain Game rounds. (12.1)
  • Updated the link to the new Guess The Place game of San Andreas. (12.1)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new 2012/2013 prediction topics of Europa League & Champions League. (12.1)
  • Updated all the Newbie Guide posts with a new hidden edit by line trick.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:29 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:47 PM.

AUGUST 2012 - UPDATE #19!

Yeah I know it's with a few days earlier, but in a few minutes I'm starting my trip to Germany, and won't be online until August 9th. So, I decided to post it rather earlier than later. biggrin.gif
  • Added the Fantasy Football League topic to the Funny Games list. (12.1)
  • Removed the Notice from Staff & Trailer Analysis threads from the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Removed the Vehicle Competition section in the Important Topics list with all it's threads. (12.2)
  • Removed the GTA: SOL Delagations & Linux Installation topics from the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas, Vice City, GTA IV & GTA III Chain Game rounds. (12.1).
See you all in September! Hopefully I'll see more posts in this topic by then rather than this one! tounge.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 01:29)
See you all in September! Hopefully I'll see more posts in this topic by then rather than this one! tounge.gif

I really think it's a disgrace that you don't get replies for this long, while you are updating it every single month. My compliments for keeping this up! icon14.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Wow, you finally got your pin! Congrats man! icon14.gif

Hopefully this will cut down on the noob influx. tounge.gif

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Exactly, this deserved the pin since it was first published. Glad the moderators finally did it. Although I have to say that the reasion this gets no replies is because it is such a well-done guide that there is no need to reply to it. People don't feel the need to ask questions because they just look at the guide for answers.

Congrats on the pin miro! icon14.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Awesome job with the guide Miro, and congrats on the pin. You've out a tonne of effort into it and it looks great. Keep it up mate. icon14.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Congrats on the pin, mate. You deserve this. smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Bout time this is pinned, now i don't have to go search to get to the topic. icon14.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Wednesday, Aug 22 2012, 23:45)
Although I have to say that the reasion this gets no replies is because it is such a well-done guide that there is no need to reply to it. People don't feel the need to ask questions because they just look at the guide for answers.

Congrats on the pin miro! icon14.gif

Exactly.
Congratulations on the pin miro, you really deserve it, such a well-done guide. smile.gif

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Aug 23 2012, 10:17)
Bout time this is pinned, now i don't have to go search to get to the topic. icon14.gif

miromiro's Newbie Guide have been pinned

Justice is done!!! Congrats miromiro smile.gif

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

It's unpinned again...I think mods or admins should create a section for this. So newbies can read it very easily icon14.gif

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

This is just golden!

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

By far the best guide in gtaforums get this thing pinned! congrats miro.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

A request to mods:Please get this thread pinned.This deserves to be pinned.

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't see a legitimate reason for this to not be pinned. I'm sorry fellas but if this doesn't get pinned I'll have to stop by and bump it from time to time.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Keeping this one from fading to black..

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

SEPTEMBER 2012 - UPDATE #20!

Well, here we are, for the 20th update of this guide since it was created, back on December 30th, 2010. biggrin.gif
Thanks to everybody for posting so much in the last month, thanks also to Dutchy for pinning this topic, although somebody keeps on un-pinning it - well I guess it's not meant to be up there. sad.gif
Anyway, I've got a huge list of updates, and personally I felt really good doing all this stuff up! Thanks to all of you. smile.gif
  • Added the "GTA V Official Information" topic at the Important Topics list of the GTA V section. (12.2)
  • Added Original Light to the "Thanks" List. (13.1)
  • Added the # number of each update on the "Guide Updates" list. (13.2)
  • Added also the # number of each update to the posts itself from each first day of each month update.
  • Added the "Graphics Designer Resources" topic on the Important Topics list of the Expression section. (12.2)
  • Added the "Writer's Resource" topics on the Important Topics list of the Writers' Discussion section. (12.2)
  • Added the both Discussion's & Nominations' topics "GTAForums Top 100 Films 2012 Edition" to the Important Topics list of Movies & TV. (12.2)
  • Added the GTA: SOL - "Working Paths", "Most Wanted!" & " Screenshots & Videos" topics to the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Added the "Official GTAForums Crew Topic" & "GTAF Gangs on R* Social Club" topics on the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Added the Gaming Chat category at the Funny Topics list, haveing the "Guess the Game!" topic listed there. (12.1)
  • Corrected a mistake relating the time you have to spend on a forum to become a moderator, from four years to three years, thanks to Dutchy for noticing. (9.2)
  • Fixed a small spelling error at the Account Modify Glitch of the Forum Glitches section, thanks to Original Light for noticing. (6.2)
  • Updated some topics that have changed their name during the past months.
  • Updated the "GTAForums Events Directory" with the new link of LeRay's topic. (12.2)
  • Updated the Funny Games list with the new San Andreas, Vice City & GTA III Chain Game rounds. (12.1)
  • Removed the 2010/2011 Premier League Prediction League of the Funny topics list. (12.1)
  • Removed the gtafmpWiki topic from the Gangs' Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Removed the Rules Topics together with their section on the Modding section of the IV Modding, Vehicle Competitions & DYOM. (12.3)
  • Removed all Rules Topics together with their section on The Community section which was also deleted. (12.3)
  • Removed the "Forum Library" & "Writer's Discussion HQ" topics off the Important Topics list of the Writers' Discussion section. (12.2)
  • Removed the "GTAForums Top 100 Films list" off the Important Topics list at the Movies & TV section. (12.2)
  • Removed the "Album Collection" topic off the Music Talk section on the Important Topics list. (12.2)
  • Replaced the GTAForums Newsletter with the GTAForums Weekly topic in the Important Topics list of the Off-Topic Forum. (12.2)
  • Replaced the "READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION!" topic with "The Tech & PC Chat Guide" topic at Important Topics list. (12.2)

So.. it's already September already. Damn it! How fast the summer has gone away. It's like just yesterday it was when I was posting the May 2012 update, and all of us having hopes for new GTA V information coming on May 24th. Remember? tounge.gif
Well, we all got what we wanted, and thanks to all of you for helping me as much or as less as you could. See you all in the October 2012 update, with hopefully even more GTA V information and as many posts until this one and that one as there used to be in the past month! Maybe a pin too, eh? smile.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks a lot for adding GTAF Weekly to the important topics list, man. I'm really proud to have it listed in your guide.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Me too. Thanks for adding my guess the game... icon14.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Pin this! It deserves it!