GTA Network - Newbie Guide

312 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Jan 24 2011, 22:03)
Is there a way I can put a button into threads that allows the viewer to hide or show the information? Some forums use that as spoilers, instead of these silly spoilers GTAForums use. It would be awfully helpful for my concept threads.

Nope, not possible. I believe that feature is not supported by this version of IPB and is available only in newer versions or some sort of hack might be needed to enable such a feature on this old version, which I don't see happening in the near future. The current spoiler tags are all that you have.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered in this topic, but how did I collapse the side bar on the left? Is it all dependable on the skin that's been used?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Long Haired Freaky Guy @ Jan 24 2011, 14:50)
Sorry if this has already been answered in this topic, but how did I collapse the side bar on the left? Is it all dependable on the skin that's been used?

There's a tab under "new messages" or something that says "collapse menu".

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Jan 24 2011, 20:39)

Guessing it's only available on certain skins. confused.gif

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Long Haired Freaky Guy @ Jan 24 2011, 17:00)

Try this out.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (XMike @ Jan 24 2011, 22:39)
QUOTE (Long Haired Freaky Guy @ Jan 24 2011, 17:00)

Try this out.

Cheers. smile.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Why has this been unpinned?

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Tommymufc: It was something to do with the new servers.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

They have to pay more for the amount of pinned topics, I believe?

Think this should be moved to the network area if it's not to be pinned so it doesn't get lost.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (The Guru @ Jan 25 2011, 16:24)
Tommymufc: It was something to do with the new servers.

Oh OK. I've just been looking around and most pinned topics have been unpinned. Some have been unpinned due to activity.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Long Haired Freaky Guy @ Jan 25 2011, 18:35)
Think this should be moved to the network area if it's not to be pinned so it doesn't get lost.

It won't get lost, at least that's what I hope. I'm feeling really mad about the thing that it'll be unpinned. But moving it to the GTA Network forums won't help. Noobs usually come here first, than there. Actually, this should have stayed pinned in my opinion, as this is not that active to stay always on top.

Anyway, I'm going to update this guide monthly anyway, so it won't be 'totally' lost. The first updated also called 'February 2011 Update' will be made on 1 Feb 2011. wink.gif
On the other hand, thanks to everyone for the nice words and feedback, it's a pleasure to see people actually reading and caring about this guide. icon14.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:49 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:43 PM.

FEBRUARY 2011 - UPDATE #1!

First off everything, sorry for double posting. I had to do it. dozingoff.gif
Thanks to everyone for the feedback, it's really welcome. I'm really sad that this topic got unpinned, as I don't think it's that active to stay always on top. Whatever, staff may know better than me.
Anyway, without any other waiting, here's the list of the updates.
  • Added spoiler at almost each chapter over the 'Edit by' line, to make things look cooler.
  • Added at almost every sub category the 'top' and 'content' jump tags.
  • Added new link to the unofficial gangs of GTAForums, made by Vin.
  • Added the new glitch related to unbanned accounts, mentioned by Josh.
  • Added the GTANet Annual Awards 2010 topics; well, the nominations topic for now.
  • Added gamesguru, Waddy & El Zilcho to the 'Thanks' list.
  • Deleted GTADedan from the special collections list.
  • Fixed some jump tags that weren't working in the guide content.
  • Fixed some typos at the Awarding System category.
  • Fixed a lot of unfinished jump to tags in almost each chapter.
  • Modified the second picture at the over-sized signatures, as the old one expired.
  • Modified at Dutchy's request at the gold medal from 'dudes' to 'members'.
  • Updated the gang list at the Unofficial gangs with some new ones.
  • Updated the new versions of the GTA III & San Andreas Chain Game rounds.
This would be everything I updated. I should have updated more this guide but I just hadn't enough time to do that. Will add more in the March 2011 update. Now, let me answer to some replies which I found... interesting. happy.gif

QUOTE (meta187 @ Dec 31 2010, 21:52)
Impressive level of diligence and work put into this, hopefully the other Official gangs will be more forthcoming with info in the future.

I do have all of their origins filed away though if you're ever interested.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the request is still pending. I hope the other Official Gang members will share a little history about their gang as The Connection did. icon14.gif

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ Jan 4 2011, 19:30)
Wow, great work! cookie.gif cookie.gif

At the moment, only three dudes, all having just 6 commendations.

Dudes? suicidal.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, sorry. I've modified there and wrote instead of 'dudes', 'members'. tounge.gif

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Jan 5 2011, 22:48)
I'm glad to see a romanian putting such work to this forum. I don't see this everyday, so you really raised our way of how we are, better than any other could do. I hope to see more good comrades around this forum like you and specially the young ones, hopping to understand, that this is one of those ways where someone can represent himself.

I salute you +1 icon14.gif

Thanks man. Don't forget about Narcis. He contributed and still contributes to this community a lot, even more than I do. I'm just trying to change the opinion of people here related to us and, maybe, our country. Maybe this way they'll stop thinking we're only fools.

This would be everything. Have fun!
Oh, and the Official Gangs... the gang information request is still pending. You can send me at any time information related to an official gang, and I'll update the guide with it in the closest month update. icon14.gif

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Feb 1 2011, 18:49)
QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Jan 5 2011, 22:48)
I'm glad to see a romanian putting such work to this forum. I don't see this everyday, so you really raised our way of how we are, better than any other could do. I hope to see more good comrades around this forum like you and specially the young ones, hopping to understand, that this is one of those ways where someone can represent himself.

I salute you +1 icon14.gif

Thanks man. Don't forget about Narcis. He contributed and still contributes to this community a lot, even more than I do. I'm just trying to change the opinion of people here related to us and, maybe, our country. Maybe this way they'll stop thinking we're only fools.

Thanks for the mention, changing the opinion of hundreds of members is harder than it looks,
after all the stuff are our fellow Romanians do when they go in another country.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Feb 1 2011, 20:57)
Thanks for the mention, changing the opinion of hundreds of members is harder than it looks,
after all the stuff are our fellow Romanians do when they go in another country.

Yeah. However, here are not too many Romanians around. (me, you, Blitz, Claude Speed and some other in the General GTA Chat and DYOM). Anyway, keep up the good work you're doing in the GFX Section. I already recommended you to 'a mod' for an award but still nothing. tounge.gif

I'm such a dumb. Seems like I forgot to add Algonquin Assassins to the Funny Games section. suicidal.gif
Please forgive me El Zilcho, and thanks for reminding.
ph34r.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

Nice update Miromiro icon14.gif

Bogdy_police
  • Bogdy_police

Rockstar

• Members

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

This guide is absolutely insane. I've never seen something like this before. Fantastic! Administrators must love you. inlove.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:41 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

MARCH 2011 - UPDATE #2!

Alright, you all ready for another update? tounge.gif
I've got to say that I didn't updated this month as much as I did for February, because of school. Same is going to happen for the April 2011 update as well. confused.gif
Even so, the main things that happened in the past month on GTAForums are updated here!
  • Added even more 'content' and 'top' jump to tags. Still, not everywhere.
  • Added again spoiler at almost each chapter over the 'Edit by' line, to make things look cooler.
  • Added Claude Speed's new game 'Where Am I?' of GTA III in the funny games list.
  • Added information related to Zaibatsu got from Ottae.
  • Added Ottae to the 'Thanks' list.
  • Couldn't add the 'Edit by' spoiler on the BB Code post because of some error.
  • Fixed the jump to tag from the contents list which links to advanced posting tags.
  • Fixed even more jumpto tags. Still, not all of them.
  • Linked this update to the Guide Updates list.
  • Updated the new versions of the GTA III & San Andreas Chain Game rounds.
  • Updated the GTAForums Gamer Tag Index with the link to the new updated topic of Vin.
I'm really sorry I didn't more, but I just hadn't time. I'll most probably work more next time. tounge.gif
Also, if you've got something that isn't here, an information, a game, topic, whatever, please send me a Personal Message and tell me. The request is still pending about the official gangs information. Those fools people are lazy. like hell!

QUOTE (Bogdy_police @ Feb 3 2011, 16:46)
This guide is absolutely insane. I've never seen something like this before. Fantastic! Administrators must love you. inlove.gif

They don't need to love me. I just hope they do that anyway. tounge.gif
Too bad this topic keeps on getting off the main General Chat page... sad.gif

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

Nice update and good to see you still updating icon14.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Thanks man. smile.gif
I just got a PM from Ottae with information related to Zaibatsu. Thanks Ottae!
The information is available now at 3.1 at the Zaibatsu section. So, I added Ottae to the 'Thanks' list. icon14.gif

Any other gang is free to share information related to their gang at any time, and I'll update the guide at the upcoming update with the information given. Thanks everybody. smile.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:17 PM

Good update man, real shame it ain't pinned, since i always look here when i'm lazy to search for something, like i am now. tounge.gif

Keep it updated despite all! icon14.gif

savenplayftw
  • savenplayftw

im bored

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

srry for the bump but this has helped me alot
thanks miromiro!

Tha Lunatic 510
  • Tha Lunatic 510

I ain't no gangbang rookie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

for people who actually care about this, it should be a permanent sticky... because if it's somewhere at the bottom and new people join, they aren't gonna know sh*t about this

Joshwa
  • Joshwa

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Same with me. Just complicated rules but they are nice too.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:17 PM Edited by miromiro, 01 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

APRIL 2011 - UPDATE #3!

First off, sorry for the late update. I know I should have done it a week ago, but my PC broke down due to an unknown virus which messed up a bunch of my games. Still, it's better late than never, I promise I'll post the update in the right date next time! Please forgive me, and don't think I forgot about this. tounge.gif
Anyway, let's get on the list.
  • Added the "Polls are open" & "Results" to the Annual Awards list.
  • Added girishb to the Special Collections list.
  • Added again spoilers at the rest of posts which hadn't, to hide the post edit date.
  • Added even more 'content' and 'top' jump to tags. Might have missed that in some places, though.
  • Added AndyGanteks to the "Thanks" list.
  • Changed Josh's name in the "Thanks" list from "Josh?" to "Josh", removing the question mark. (?)
  • Deleted flicko from the Special Collections list.
  • Fixed even more invalid jumpto tags, might have missed a bunch of them though.
  • Linked this update to the Guide Updates list.
  • Modified a little the descriptions at the "Special Collections" of lil weasel, Narcis_speed6, Ryan &
    Dutchy3010.
  • Updated the unofficial gangs list made by Vin.
Although the list seems short, I worked more on this update than the March one. The work is getting less and less because there isn't too much going on. Still, one or two changes are always being made in a month.
Just a friendly reminder - anyone that knows more about anything in this guide, please don't hesitate to send me a Personal Message and your information will be added today (Apr 8, 2011) or in the May 2011 update.
Any official gang is still free to send or ask for change information about the gang and history.
Now, it's time to quote a few mates around. wink.gif

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Mar 3 2011, 23:17)
Good update man, real shame it ain't pinned, since i always look here when i'm lazy to search for something, like i am now. tounge.gif

Keep it updated despite all! icon14.gif
I can't help. It's up to the staff. Still, you can always have a look in the Off-topic section and search a few pages as it shouldn't be so far. Depends of the date you're looking for it.

QUOTE (savenplayftw @ Apr 7 2011, 13:59)
srry for the bump but this has helped me alot
thanks miromiro!
It's okay. I bump it monthly anyway, so no big deal. Glad to know this is helpful for some people, though. smile.gif

QUOTE (The Lunatic 510 @ Apr 7 2011, 14:37)
for people who actually care about this, it should be a permanent sticky... because if it's somewhere at the bottom and new people join, they aren't gonna know sh*t about this
I can't help with anything. I thought that all newbies visit at least once the Off-topic section, that's why I posted it here. I've got no idea what I should have done to it to get attention. dozingoff.gif

QUOTE (Joshwa @ Apr 7 2011, 15:11)
Same with me. Just complicated rules but they are nice too.
The rules are quite easy to follow...
...what am I doing here? Trying to explain the rules to a banned fool? suicidal.gif

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

This should definitely be pinned. Fantastic work, miro.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

Good update miro, btw the section 3.2 MP gangs is not up to date, here's Vin's pinned topic that contains all the current mp gangs, etc: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=468052 icon14.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

Oh, I bloody forgot about that!
Thanks for reminder - going to update in a second. wink.gif

GreatGTAFan
  • GreatGTAFan

GTA Modder

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Good to see it updated miromiro.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Looking forward to May 2011 update tounge.gif

Josh
  • Josh

I wasn't born so much as I fell out

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Look like you have a few changes to make...

The admin group has been split up. Also there is now a new developer group comprising of Tank, Suction Testicle Man and fred .

Andy, illspirit and adamcs are network admins.

Waddy, jelly and Gangsta Killa are now forum admins.

Luke is the only IRC admin. As far as I know all of the admins groups appear in yellow.

Also have you taken not of the glitch which means that when a user has their group changed, for example from admin to developer, their signature becomes filled with HTML where there once was bbcode. Only remaking the signature can solve this problem and it also occurs in custom profile fields which allow text entry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users