» «
Photo

GTA SA PS2 Graphics on PC?

125 replies to this topic
Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:43 AM Edited by Alt, 31 March 2011 - 09:47 AM.

Thats strange, did you try to delete UltraThing (d3d9.dll) or/and MotionBlur.asi or .set file?

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 31 2011, 09:34)
QUOTE (VF94 @ Mar 31 2011, 07:22)
QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 30 2011, 20:48)
I wanna start off by saying, thanks Alt. That was really helpful.

Now, VF94, I was online almost the WHOLE night for you to be on so we can discuss about the mod again. But no, you didn't even come online.
But anyway, I am working on a GTA SA: BETA TC mod that will change everything from maps to scripts in GTA San Andreas. So I was thinking if you and I combine these 2 mods together and make SA back to the REAL San Andreas. Help me on my mod too a little with modeling but I am doing almost everything about modeling. And get your ass in MSN! I gave you further more description of what I's going to do.

EDIT:
Alt, my game crashed after loading screen!?

Look i sent u a message on MSN but u didnțt respond,no worries though the mod is almost done,i just have to finish a few roads in SF but don't expect a full retexture of everything cuz i don't have the time for that

I'll retexture the rest maybe. And I didn't get your message. I was probably green but I was out with someone.

Well im online now but i got school too dog

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

Chain so heavy dat my neck starts hurtin'!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Mar 31 2011, 11:48)
QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 31 2011, 09:34)
QUOTE (VF94 @ Mar 31 2011, 07:22)
QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 30 2011, 20:48)
I wanna start off by saying, thanks Alt. That was really helpful.

Now, VF94, I was online almost the WHOLE night for you to be on so we can discuss about the mod again. But no, you didn't even come online.
But anyway, I am working on a GTA SA: BETA TC mod that will change everything from maps to scripts in GTA San Andreas. So I was thinking if you and I combine these 2 mods together and make SA back to the REAL San Andreas. Help me on my mod too a little with modeling but I am doing almost everything about modeling. And get your ass in MSN! I gave you further more description of what I's going to do.

EDIT:
Alt, my game crashed after loading screen!?

Look i sent u a message on MSN but u didnțt respond,no worries though the mod is almost done,i just have to finish a few roads in SF but don't expect a full retexture of everything cuz i don't have the time for that

I'll retexture the rest maybe. And I didn't get your message. I was probably green but I was out with someone.

Well im online now but i got school too dog

f*ckk man...I was online until 2:30 at night. I had to get off cause my moma was bitching at me. And I came online again at around 8:10. Your sister was in your account and said that you aren't home. Your sisters so annoying dogg. Holla at me or something.?

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Alt @ Mar 31 2011, 09:43)
Thats strange, did you try to delete UltraThing (d3d9.dll) or/and MotionBlur.asi or .set file?

No It was as it was in the RAR file. I just unrared it, copied and pasted the whole thing in SA directory. And then after loading it crashed.

pawel86ck
  • pawel86ck

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Great to see this thread, I also noticed different color's in ps2 ver that gives amazing look compared to PC ver. Also contrast looks completely different, with PC and Xbox ver you have a feeling that there is used vertex lighting/ no shadows on buildings sad.gif . I've had the same dilemma playing ViceCity pc version but I found thanks to this forum that it's possible to make it like ps2/xbox, all you have to do is edit vc.exe file, than you have one more option in menus "trails" that adds color filters.
link
Propably "trails" postprocesing effect could be applyed also to PC san andreas using similar method.

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

pawel86ck, no, this can't be applied for SA this way. SA exe was studied by many experienced people and no one didn't find this option yet.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Alt @ Apr 1 2011, 20:44)
pawel86ck, no, this can't be applied for SA this way. SA exe was studied by many experienced people and no one didn't find this option yet.

What about the installation?

renatolatinreborn
  • renatolatinreborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (pawel86ck @ Apr 1 2011, 19:56)
Great to see this thread, I also noticed different color's in ps2 ver that gives amazing look compared to PC ver. Also contrast looks completely different, with PC and Xbox ver you have a feeling that there is used vertex lighting/ no shadows on buildings sad.gif . I've had the same dilemma playing ViceCity pc version but I found thanks to this forum that it's possible to make it like ps2/xbox, all you have to do is edit vc.exe file, than you have one more option in menus "trails" that adds color filters.
link
Propably "trails" postprocesing effect could be applyed also to PC san andreas using similar method.

Amazing Graphics for Vice City LOL icon14.gif

user posted image

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (renatolatinreborn @ Apr 2 2011, 20:46)
QUOTE (pawel86ck @ Apr 1 2011, 19:56)
link

Amazing Graphics for Vice City LOL icon14.gif

user posted image

WTH is that dogg?

renatolatinreborn
  • renatolatinreborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

I do not understand his slang! Google Translator FAIL!

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (renatolatinreborn @ Apr 2 2011, 21:47)
I do not understand his slang! Google Translator FAIL!

Hahaha my bad bro. by WTH i meant what the hell. And dogg, well you know what it means righT?

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

Just get ENB or SAGfx for a better graphics enhancement...

Although, I do admit the distributed PS2 timecyc is great. Fantastic lighting icon14.gif

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Drift-Kingz @ Apr 4 2011, 01:09)
Just get ENB or SAGfx for a better graphics enhancement...

Although, I do admit the distributed PS2 timecyc is great. Fantastic lighting icon14.gif

I have ENB now. But i cant get SAGFX to work.

MurphiX_101001
  • MurphiX_101001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:26 PM Edited by MurphiX_101001, 10 April 2011 - 05:58 PM.

Whooo Yeaa! I noticed a different between PS2 and PC version looong time ago and I wanted my SA on PC to be even a little bit similair to the PS2 version cuz of these great "reflections". And now because of you guys, I'm f**king happy ;D.

PC with this "hack":
user posted image
PS2:
user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
user posted image

Sayrawr
  • Sayrawr

Designer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

DexX SAGFX seems to work with only US 1.0 if I am correct? When I add the files my game crashes. I don't like ENB, it takes up too much resources and UltraThing's reflection seems to automatically turn itself off, I also tried setting it manually but it turns itself off when I enter the game.

Anyway I took timecyc.dat and timecycp.dat from my PS2 disc and put it onto my PC. I took a screenshot with my PC timecyc the PS2 timecyc and damn, it changed a lot. There is actually lighting on the ground and CJ! Thanks guys! cookie.gif

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Sayrawr @ Apr 14 2011, 10:36)
DexX SAGFX seems to work with only US 1.0 if I am correct? When I add the files my game crashes. I don't like ENB, it takes up too much resources and UltraThing's reflection seems to automatically turn itself off, I also tried setting it manually but it turns itself off when I enter the game.

Anyway I took timecyc.dat and timecycp.dat from my PS2 disc and put it onto my PC. I took a screenshot with my PC timecyc the PS2 timecyc and damn, it changed a lot. There is actually lighting on the ground and CJ! Thanks guys! cookie.gif

Yea I hate ENB for that reason. And same with my computer.

Yes the ps2 timecyc adds a lot more to the lightning part. But I expected more from it like Orange sky and a greenish tint and more intense color and all that stuff...But it's all good now...

countergame
  • countergame

has stopped working

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:06 AM Edited by countergame, 07 May 2011 - 11:17 AM.

Lol there are no trees in the PS2 Version of SA in Grove Street. only palm. so many things are different

Oh and VF94, please release your GTA SA PS2 Texture Mod when you're done, thx.

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

It's been done a long time ago,but i lost it when my HDD got f*cked up the ass

sina_xina
  • sina_xina

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

oh man these effects are very little biggrin.gif u can make an awesome graphic with ENB,overdose effects v4,real grasses biggrin.gif try this this one is better than ps3 biggrin.gif

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (VF94 @ May 7 2011, 12:58)
It's been done a long time ago,but i lost it when my HDD got f*cked up the ass

haha long time no visiting this topic. I feel like, without the BETA San Andreas, there is no point of a PS2 texture mod. Just saying...I'm tired and bored with GTA SA final version map and features and everything...

gtaszk
  • gtaszk

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

sagfx_lite
how to use??

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (gtaszk @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 11:34)
sagfx_lite
how to use??

Download SAGFX_lite or whatever it is. Then download the ASI loader and then copy and paste them all in your GTA SA directory.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

All the viewers of this mod, visit this Topic...I think I got what you all been waiting for for a long time

THE.NOOB
  • THE.NOOB

Be Xttreeme!!!

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Mr.Kingpin to make sky orange make the dispaly to 800x600 or less and the orange sky may appear i've downloaded PS2 to PC graphics but when i play on 1024x800 or more the sky isn't orange. Try this. I hope i helped.

Sorry for my bad English im Bulgarian

ACCOUNT_missing
  • ACCOUNT_missing

PFFFFKIKIKIKIKIKIHIHIHIHIHIIHI

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:54 PM Edited by ACCOUNT_missing, 12 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

what about if a computer can't handle enb (like mine)? and you want the realistic yellow effect from ps2, and the reflection?

i pLayed gta sa on ps2 (errors everywhere -.-)

and now i playing gta sa on pc, it's not the "blurri screen of the TV", i connected my pc with the tv, so yea, i playing from my TV, and ps2 seem more realistic

lolya
  • lolya

I hate stairs

• Members

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:45 AM

what about if a computer can't handle enb (like mine)? and you want the realistic yellow effect from ps2, and the reflection?

and now i playing gta sa on pc, it's not the "blurri screen of the TV", i connected my pc with the tv, so yea, i playing from my TV, and ps2 seem more realistic

If you want reflection like ps2, get SAGFX: PS2. Yellow sky from ps2 can be applied (Well, at least similar) in pc using Colormod and Timecyc.

casuzu
  • casuzu

Gta Gamer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

Hello,I was searching for gta san andreas mods wheni came to this onle whick says that it gives the ps2 graphics to pc.

Here is the link: GtaGarage.com/mods/show.php?id=17568/

ACCOUNT_missing
  • ACCOUNT_missing

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

If you want reflection like ps2, get SAGFX: PS2. Yellow sky from ps2 can be applied (Well, at least similar) in pc using Colormod and Timecyc.

i got problems with sagfx ps2 reflection, cars are getting purple and transpartment at some parts, i got timecyc, i can't play with colormod, i get error when loading finished

lolya
  • lolya

I hate stairs

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:28 AM

i got problems with sagfx ps2 reflection, cars are getting purple and transpartment at some parts, i got timecyc, i can't play with colormod, i get error when loading finished

You should use original vehicle.txd. I don't know about colormod though, it works on mine. Have you tried to install it on clean SA?

ACCOUNT_missing
  • ACCOUNT_missing

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

You should use original vehicle.txd. I don't know about colormod though, it works on mine. Have you tried to install it on clean SA?

well, thx, i downloaded vehicle.txd backup and reflection worked, but it crashes on samp when i'm spawning :(, about colormod, i don't think i can handle it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users