• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic
leaflinks
  • leaflinks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

I like the PC versions's model cars better than the PS2, but that is also true of the fact that the sun shines much more colourful in the PS2 SA.

alf717
  • alf717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

Well this thread was useful. I took the 4x mod settings and added them with the renamed timecycp.dat file and am really liking how vibrant the colors look. I like this better since there are times I play the game and everything is just too dark especially when driving really fast.

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:00 PM Edited by g30dud3, 15 February 2011 - 12:06 AM.

Sorry to bump but.. HOLY sh*t YES!! biggrin.gif

I have been trying to make the PC graphics look more like the PS2's for literally *ages* and it's actually been possible for over a year!? That SA:GFX Lite was last modified January 2010, and it works perfectly, but I only just found it now! I knew the latest SA:GFX had a mode to enable these reflections but it never worked for me confused.gif And surely the fact that the PC timecycp.dat was the same as the PS2 timecyc.dat has been known for a long time before Dexx posted it before?

As soon as I bought the PC version of San Andreas I realised the graphics were lacking something. I knew that the sky/colours in the PS2 version were more intense with the whole evening orange glow thing, and seemed to have a turquoise/green-ish tint at other times. I also knew that in the PS2 version the vehicles had a nice glossy sheen to them. People have called them "reflections" and been called idiots by others but actually I agree with them, I mean yeah, sure it isn't reflecting anything but it looks good dammit - the stupid moving horizon reflection in the PC version sucks! (And frankly the people who posted earlier hating on the OP with ridiculous comments about how there is no difference or to use ENBSeries must be blind or have never played the PS2 version).

What I did NOT know was that the lighting was actually significantly better on PS2. I always wondered why some vehicles in the game lacked specular lighting and looked stupidly dark, it makes sense now. (Another thing I noticed, vehicles now look so much better under street/traffic lights or when near police vehicles with their lights on. They even light up when you fire a gun near them!)***

It makes you wonder why they changed all this stuff, the lighting and colours especially. The fact that the Xbox version has a similar "look" leads me to believe they thought they were making the game look more realistic, but in my opinion by changing it they took away the ambience/atmosphere that made San Andreas so recognisable.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident I have the game looking as close to the PS2 graphics as possible, and I am happy smile.gif

***EDIT: I just realised that this is more than likely a graphics enhancement coded by Dexx, not part of the original PS2 graphics, but still, the reflections look sweet.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

Chain so heavy dat my neck starts hurtin'!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Feb 14 2011, 22:00)
Sorry to bump but.. HOLY sh*t YES!! biggrin.gif

I have been trying to make the PC graphics look more like the PS2's for literally *ages* and it's actually been possible for over a year!? That SA:GFX Lite was last modified January 2010, and it works perfectly, but I only just found it now! I knew the latest SA:GFX had a mode to enable these reflections but it never worked for me confused.gif And surely the fact that the PC timecycp.dat was the same as the PS2 timecyc.dat has been known for a long time before Dexx posted it before?

As soon as I bought the PC version of San Andreas I realised the graphics were lacking something. I knew that the sky/colours in the PS2 version were more intense with the whole evening orange glow thing, and seemed to have a turquoise/green-ish tint at other times. I also knew that in the PS2 version the vehicles had a nice glossy sheen to them. People have called them "reflections" and been called idiots by others but actually I agree with them, I mean yeah, sure it isn't reflecting anything but it looks good dammit - the stupid moving horizon reflection in the PC version sucks! (And frankly the people who posted earlier hating on the OP with ridiculous comments about how there is no difference or to use ENBSeries must be blind or have never played the PS2 version).

What I did NOT know was that the lighting was actually significantly better on PS2. I always wondered why some vehicles in the game lacked specular lighting and looked stupidly dark, it makes sense now. (Another thing I noticed, vehicles now look so much better under street/traffic lights or when near police vehicles with their lights on. They even light up when you fire a gun near them!)***

It makes you wonder why they changed all this stuff, the lighting and colours especially. The fact that the Xbox version has a similar "look" leads me to believe they thought they were making the game look more realistic, but in my opinion by changing it they took away the ambience/atmosphere that made San Andreas so recognisable.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident I have the game looking as close to the PS2 graphics as possible, and I am happy smile.gif

***EDIT: I just realised that this is more than likely a graphics enhancement coded by Dexx, not part of the original PS2 graphics, but still, the reflections look sweet.

Yea you're right.
If you wanna have your San Andreas looking more closer to the PS2 version, I can get you that. Only thing I need to know is exactly when the orange-red sky shows up and what color is it exactly (a value would be good). Then I'll need to make a few more small changes and we're good to go. Also, we will be able to have a more intense color without having to turn the brightness to it's minimum.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Jan 5 2011, 19:54)
For PS2 reflections you can use sagfx_lite, which can be found here:
http://www.3dhole.com/gtafiles/
By DexX himself. smile.gif

ZOMG THANKS!
I like them, its like im playing ps2 tounge.gif , but without orangy sky.
Thanks again!

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hmm i think the PS2 makes the colors so intense,cuz when i emulated SA on my PC it the colors looked exactly like the PC version
  • dstyl likes this

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:09 PM Edited by Mr. Kingpin, 17 February 2011 - 07:39 PM.

QUOTE (VF94 @ Feb 17 2011, 13:44)
Hmm i think the PS2 makes the colors so intense,cuz when i emulated SA on my PC it the colors looked exactly like the PC version

Yea but it is possible to modify the timecyc and make it look like GTA SA in PS2, even though they don't have the same values.
I might work on the Timecyc but not sure if I'm really interested or not. I'll think about it.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:13 AM

BUMP?

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

Ready for PC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

Ah, thank you for the bump! I want the orange/red skies on PC sooo bad!

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (twannie1997 @ Mar 6 2011, 19:09)
Ah, thank you for the bump! I want the orange/red skies on PC sooo bad!

Hahaha same and I am sure many other people do too. I was making one but I aborted the whole thing since it was supposed to be a remake of GTA San Andreas. Too bad I stopped modding. I might come back to it. No problem by the way biggrin.gif

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:42 AM

BUMP.

For the people that wanted it

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

I guess you used GSDX. Use ZeroGS - then all the SA PS2 feeling is there.
  • Snoops27 likes this

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

I tried running the SA GFX lite hack, but how come I can't start it on my GT 240 video card?

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Mar 17 2011, 22:59)

I guess you used GSDX. Use ZeroGS - then all the SA PS2 feeling is there.

Hmm thank's for the tip cookie.gif

Chimpsie
  • Chimpsie

Okthxbye!

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:23 PM Edited by Chimpsie, 19 March 2011 - 01:26 PM.

Here is some proof the 'mod' actually works.

user posted image

I'm not using ENB and look how nicely it turned my GTA.
Luv it...
Keep this topic alive!

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Chimpsie @ Mar 19 2011, 13:23)

user posted image

I'm not using ENB and look how nicely it turned my GTA.
Luv it...
Keep this topic alive!

What's your video card? I can't seem to make Dexx's mod run on my rig.

Chimpsie
  • Chimpsie

Okthxbye!

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

Its ATi Radeon HD 5500

Kinda solid i guess,runs new games quite nice

BnB
  • BnB

return 0;

• The Yardies
  • Saint-Vincent-and-the-Grenadines

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Chimpsie @ Mar 19 2011, 15:23)

Could you tell me which mod are you using? smile.gif

Chimpsie
  • Chimpsie

Okthxbye!

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE ([MM]Grove4life(New account) @ Feb 15 2011, 13:00)
QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Jan 5 2011, 19:54)
For PS2 reflections you can use sagfx_lite, which can be found here:
http://www.3dhole.com/gtafiles/
By DexX himself. smile.gif

ZOMG THANKS!
I like them, its like im playing ps2 tounge.gif , but without orangy sky.
Thanks again!

Here you go.
Download Sagfx_lite and if you have time then search for the timecycle from the ps2.
Its somewhere on the site,I found it aswell,I'm going to post the picture of the timecycle later on.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

You should use Blade's Advanced Motion Blur too it makes it look alot better

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

@VF94, Yo, is it any different from the normal one? And pass me your settings.

And for others, you don't need a good V-Card at all to run sagfx_lite. I had it on a cheap crap video card and still ran good as it should.

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:20 AM

BUMP
for the people who wanted.

Alt
  • Alt

some one

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:39 PM Edited by Alt, 03 April 2011 - 12:48 PM.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
What I used:
1) Timecyc.dat from TTDISA (PS2 version modded by DeeZire) for lighting
2) Color Mod for orange skies
3) UltraThing for reflections
4) Motion Blur Advanced
First 2 screens were made with Motion Blur Advanced, other without (MB reduced orange color as you can see).
All used mods/plugins belongs to their authors, I've just edited settings from Color Mod and uploaded whole pack because its easier for me and others.
Have Fun!

renatolatinreborn
  • renatolatinreborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:09 PM

GTA San Andreas PS2 are better! cool.gif

renatolatinreborn
  • renatolatinreborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:11 PM

This mod works on a weak PC? with Intel GMA graphics card?
since been able to recreate the graphics of SA on PS2 on the PC, could leave the GTA Vice City like the PS2?

Alt
  • Alt

some one

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:54 PM

Yes, it should. Color Mod needs Pixed Shaders 2.0, UltraThing - 3.0 (not so necessary, just for real-time reflections).

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hmm yes well it think it's time i show you lads this,ps2 road textures for SA converted in like 3 days ,i finished LV ,LS ,country roads and desert roads still gotta finish SF

http://img828.images...32719163402.png
http://img3.imagesha...32719164491.png
http://img690.images...32719182263.png

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:48 PM Edited by Mr. Kingpin, 30 March 2011 - 08:53 PM.

I wanna start off by saying, thanks Alt. That was really helpful.

Now, VF94, I was online almost the WHOLE night for you to be on so we can discuss about the mod again. But no, you didn't even come online.
But anyway, I am working on a GTA SA: BETA TC mod that will change everything from maps to scripts in GTA San Andreas. So I was thinking if you and I combine these 2 mods together and make SA back to the REAL San Andreas. Help me on my mod too a little with modeling but I am doing almost everything about modeling. And get your ass in MSN! I gave you further more description of what I's going to do.

EDIT:
Alt, my game crashed after loading screen!?

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 30 2011, 20:48)

Now, VF94, I was online almost the WHOLE night for you to be on so we can discuss about the mod again. But no, you didn't even come online.
But anyway, I am working on a GTA SA: BETA TC mod that will change everything from maps to scripts in GTA San Andreas. So I was thinking if you and I combine these 2 mods together and make SA back to the REAL San Andreas. Help me on my mod too a little with modeling but I am doing almost everything about modeling. And get your ass in MSN! I gave you further more description of what I's going to do.

EDIT:

Look i sent u a message on MSN but u didnțt respond,no worries though the mod is almost done,i just have to finish a few roads in SF but don't expect a full retexture of everything cuz i don't have the time for that

Mr. Kingpin
  • Mr. Kingpin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (VF94 @ Mar 31 2011, 07:22)
QUOTE (Mr. Kingpin @ Mar 30 2011, 20:48)

EDIT:

Look i sent u a message on MSN but u didnțt respond,no worries though the mod is almost done,i just have to finish a few roads in SF but don't expect a full retexture of everything cuz i don't have the time for that

I'll retexture the rest maybe. And I didn't get your message. I was probably green but I was out with someone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users