Photo

Question About Brucie

14 replies to this topic
Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

Why is Brucie constantly depressed in The Ballad of Gay Tony? He seems happy when Niko is around, but what's up with the depression?

I felt sorry for Brucie after seeing him like that. I know he was pretty annoying in the original game, but The Ballad of Gay Tony showed another side of him. Mori is more of an annoyance than Brucie is.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

I guess it was to show that we're all human. In Vanilla, Brucie seemed like the coolest guy with everything in the world, but that's because it's what he wanted us to see.

One thing I didn't like about BOGT was they made Brucie out to be a closet homosexual. It just doesn't make much sense.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Hi friends I haven't played The Ballad Of Gay Tony yet, but at least in GTA IV, he seems to be pretty homosexual for me. He always tells Niko to touch his balls, and he always says how he loves Niko.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:49 PM

Mori's a p***k, he cries like a baby when he gets punched in the face.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

He's depressed because his big bro is a d*ck to him.

I think Brucie looks up to Mori ( not literally of course tounge.gif ) and respects him but Mori is always putting him down and making fun of him which is making him depressed. I think he wants to be like Mori but I'd say he's a nicer guy and so when Mori's not around, Brucie acts like Mori except less of a jerk.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Dec 26 2010, 23:58)
He's depressed because his big bro is a d*ck to him.

I think Brucie looks up to Mori ( not literally of course tounge.gif ) and respects him but Mori is always putting him down and making fun of him which is making him depressed. I think he wants to be like Mori but I'd say he's a nicer guy and so when Mori's not around, Brucie acts like Mori except less of a jerk.

That makes sense.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:06 AM Edited by AlexGTAGamer, 04 January 2011 - 10:24 PM.

I think Mori makes Brucie depressed because he is always putting him down.

I much prefer Brucie than Mori though, atleast Brucie doesn't cry when he gets punched in the nose hell he got his arm injured by Niko, hit his head against the wall of his apartment (and bled because of it) and sprained his fist when he punched his punch bag and he never cried once.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it's because his older brother treats him badly.

I was thinking about it the other day - I don't think there are any other characters that are involved in IV, and then have as much of a part in either of the episodes as Brucie does. This makes him one of the most well rounded characters from an exposition/writing point of view.

At the end of BoGT I think we could call Brucie 'bi-curious'. He's obviously still sleeping with women, and able to "get it up" (Lol. am I allowed to say that?) for them. But he's also attracted to characters like Niko and Luis.

Apparently some folks around here write GTA4 fan-fic. I haven't bothered to read any, but I was going to try I think Brucie would be a great place to start because there's lots you could do with his character.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Dec 27 2010, 03:57)
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that it's because his older brother treats him badly.

I was thinking about it the other day - I don't think there are any other characters that are involved in IV, and then have as much of a part in either of the episodes as Brucie does. This makes him one of the most well rounded characters from an exposition/writing point of view.

At the end of BoGT I think we could call Brucie 'bi-curious'. He's obviously still sleeping with women, and able to "get it up" (Lol. am I allowed to say that?) for them. But he's also attracted to characters like Niko and Luis.

Apparently some folks around here write GTA4 fan-fic. I haven't bothered to read any, but I was going to try I think Brucie would be a great place to start because there's lots you could do with his character.

Unless there's a later scene or event in The Ballad of Gay Tony, I wouldn't immediately jump to conclusion that Brucie is bi or gay. Muscle magazines for men have tons of pictures of men with nice bodies. I'm pretty sure these men who read or look at these magazines admire the men they see inside these magazines and on the covers of these magazines, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're bi or gay.

How is it that it's socially acceptable for a girl to call another girl "pretty," but a guy would come off as a homosexual if he says another guy looks good? Why do we assume that? That's just completely inconsistent.

For one, I'm certainly not gay, but I find certain guys handsome-looking. I wouldn't really consider making out with them or anything like that, though. I look at Taylor Lautner as my role model because he built up a lot of muscle in just about three months. I became inspired by him to accomplish such a task to build up muscle and get abs (he had eight-pack abs prior to bulking up).

In a way, I think we're all bisexual to a certain extent. Don't even deny the fact that you think some guys are attractive.

cannow
  • cannow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Dec 27 2010, 05:25)

Unless there's a later scene or event in The Ballad of Gay Tony

There is a later seen where he attempts to kiss Luis.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (cannow @ Dec 29 2010, 19:32)
QUOTE (Allen14n @ Dec 27 2010, 05:25)

Unless there's a later scene or event in The Ballad of Gay Tony

There is a later seen where he attempts to kiss Luis.

I got to that part earlier today, so I know now.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

Heres my beef with the Brucie role...if he's depressed and Mori is around then why wouldnt we hear of Mori in IV or see even a glimpse of depression from Brucie in IV? I can see the gay thing because some of the tattoos he has are the word gay in other languages but I personally feel theres a big continuity problem with Brucie. Mori and the depression )to me_ feel like tacked on plot devices to me which I just didnt enjoy. I liked seein Brucie again but I feel they bitched him out in TBOGT. IMHO

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Dec 31 2010, 10:47)
Heres my beef with the Brucie role...if he's depressed and Mori is around then why wouldnt we hear of Mori in IV or see even a glimpse of depression from Brucie in IV? I can see the gay thing because some of the tattoos he has are the word gay in other languages but I personally feel theres a big continuity problem with Brucie. Mori and the depression )to me_ feel like tacked on plot devices to me which I just didnt enjoy. I liked seein Brucie again but I feel they bitched him out in TBOGT. IMHO

People act differently around different people. Without Mori, Brucie isn't constantly pressured by negative comments. Brucie doesn't even talk a lot when Mori is around, and that must be because he is afraid of Mori.

ChrisG755
  • ChrisG755

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (GTA 360 @ Dec 26 2010, 23:49)
Mori's a p***k, he cries like a baby when he gets punched in the face.

I would if someone as hard as brucie hit him!!

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Jan 4 2011, 09:38)
QUOTE (mikkenugent @ Dec 31 2010, 10:47)

People act differently around different people. Without Mori, Brucie isn't constantly pressured by negative comments. Brucie doesn't even talk a lot when Mori is around, and that must be because he is afraid of Mori.

I understand that, but it really just seemed more like a bad attempt to bring Bruice back into the fold. They had a great way to do this for Brucie with NIko eventually tellin Brucie he couldnt work for him any longer due to the roids. IMHO it was a very tacked on plot device which didnt work for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users