Photo

[REL|III] GTA: Frosted Winter

562 replies to this topic
BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:20 AM Edited by BEGINit, 11 March 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Update on bug fixing:

5. When shooting shotgun, time to time player only performs the shooting animation, but does not make the shot. Then a the player won't shoot for a second or two. It mostly happens after making a series of shotgun shots. And no, it does not reload during that time. Generally it is  not a big prob, but gets really annoying during some rampages.

Fixed. Copied the original shotgun parameters from weapons.dat I'm not sure why it was changed in SC in the first place.

4. There might be some car path problems, because at some random places the cars stop driving and turn arround or take other routes. There are 4-5 such places. I think it's path problem, because I definitelly did not add any forbidden cubes or rectangles. Does anyone know how efficiently check the paths. I have KED editor but it only shows paths on VC, not gta3  :(

I found the problem but not sure how to fix it yet.

For learning purposes here how i found it:

I noticed that the path problems occur in Staunton and Shoreside but not in Portland. Then I took a closer look at the spots where it is and I realised that all path probs are related to one road model. This one:

Spoiler

When I was porting Portland underground sewer system from LC2010 I had to import this model too:

Spoiler

So I left this one as 1103 rd_Road1A10, but since this model existed in other islands, I took the original one, renamed to 3842 rd_Road1A1 and put it instead 1103 in Staunton and Shoreside. And that made the path problem, since model 3842 is new and has no defined paths.

So the fixing should be easy - add (or copy to be more precise) a new path entry, but unfortunatelly that makes the game crash. Even if I delete any original or some of original entries, adding new ones crashes the game. I add entries by hand in generic.ide.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Update on bug fixing:

5. When shooting shotgun, time to time player only performs the shooting animation, but does not make the shot. Then a the player won't shoot for a second or two. It mostly happens after making a series of shotgun shots. And no, it does not reload during that time. Generally it is  not a big prob, but gets really annoying during some rampages.

Fixed. Copied the original shotgun parameters from weapons.dat I'm not sure why it was changed in SC in the first place.

4. There might be some car path problems, because at some random places the cars stop driving and turn arround or take other routes. There are 4-5 such places. I think it's path problem, because I definitelly did not add any forbidden cubes or rectangles. Does anyone know how efficiently check the paths. I have KED editor but it only shows paths on VC, not gta3  :(

I noticed that the path problems occur in Staunton and Shoreside but not in Portland. Then I took a closer look at the spots where it is and I realised that all path probs are related to one road model. This one:

Spoiler

When I was porting Portland underground sewer system from LC2010 I had to import this model too:

Spoiler

So I left this one as 1103 rd_Road1A10, but since this model existed in other islands, I took the original one, renamed to 3842 rd_Road1A1 and put it instead 1103 in Staunton and Shoreside. And that made the path problem, since model 3842 is new and has no defined paths.

So the fixing should be easy - add (or copy to be more precise) a new path entry, but unfortunatelly that makes the game crash. Even if I delete any original or some of original entries, adding new ones crashes the game. I add entries by hand in generic.ide.

Lol, of course the game will crash. You already exceeded all possible limits. It's already on the razor edge)))

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

Update on bug fixing:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lol, of course the game will crash. You already exceeded all possible limits. It's already on the razor edge)))

But shouldn't deleting existing path entry make room for one? I imagine adding new path does exceed the limits, but should it cause the problem when replacing existing one? :/ 

Suchary
  • Suchary

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm having a weird bug with this mod. Everything works as it should, but after 5-10 minutes of playing I'm getting a "Error reading Grand Theft Auto 3 DVD" messege and the game freezes. The disc looks brand new and the stock game runs without problems, only having this issue in Frosted Winter. Any advice?

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think the massive snow area near Ghost Town should have some more building or objects around there, because there's just a massive spam of snow and tree's, should maybe add a big dirt track and a BF Injection somewhere, maybe a checkpoint minigame, etc.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Tommzy2, I agree with you, there is empty enough on that territory.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm having a weird bug with this mod. Everything works as it should, but after 5-10 minutes of playing I'm getting a "Error reading Grand Theft Auto 3 DVD" messege and the game freezes. The disc looks brand new and the stock game runs without problems, only having this issue in Frosted Winter. Any advice?

Have you added custom radio/mission complete tune files to your game?

I think the massive snow area near Ghost Town should have some more building or objects around there, because there's just a massive spam of snow and tree's, should maybe add a big dirt track and a BF Injection somewhere, maybe a checkpoint minigame, etc.

Feel free to fill it :D As I said before,  adding new stuff to this mod is my least priority. I'd like to fix existing bugs first. Though dirt track is an interesting idea, but I do not want to spend much time and make others to add yet another update that would make them play everything from the start (considering that I would add extra checkpoint mission). If some one would like to add something like that, feel free to do that. As for me - I may actually add it but not soon. I have S'o'V to complete. POLC too. And whole bunch of activities outside modding . I hope you'll understand :)

Suchary
  • Suchary

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Have you added custom radio/mission complete tune files to your game?

Yeah, I've actually did. I'll try reverting everything back to normal, see what happens. Thanks!

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

it was just a thought :). really enjoying the mod so far, nice work!

Suchary
  • Suchary

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yep, using original audio files solved the problem. I've replaced Chatterbox with Liberty Jam FM, that caused the issue. Again, thanks for the help.

Agent Kowalski
  • Agent Kowalski

Secret Service Penguin

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yep, using original audio files solved the problem. I've replaced Chatterbox with Liberty Jam FM, that caused the issue. Again, thanks for the help.

Hold up. When you were replacing the radio files, did you converted Radioactive (new Chatterbox) from mp3 format to wav? If not, then probably this was causing problems.

Suchary
  • Suchary

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hold up. When you were replacing the radio files, did you converted Radioactive (new Chatterbox) from mp3 format to wav? If not, then probably this was causing problems.

Yeah, of course I did. I've been using some of LCS radio stations in GTA 3 for years now, never had a problem. This is the first time something like that happened.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago

On that not, has anyone passed the game? Has anyone at least reached mission 'Home Sweet Home'? Did it crash for anyone?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Kalvin, 3 weeks ago.

I tried, but I only got up to the Yardies mission "Tail" before quitting, the walk is just so long and boring, then after many, MANY attempts of doing the mission, the boss would get stuck and just keep walking into a wall, and never move further than that.

At first he got stuck in an alleyway, on the same lane as the ZIP store.
oZwOK7y.png

But the second time, he passed that alleyway and continued going down the street, turned right and proceeded to walk towards Ammu-Nation, but just before it, he'd turn right to a little doorway with red surrounding walls, and walk into a corner and get stuck there (continuously walking into a wall in the corner).
9Bb0LXn.jpg
(Slightly above and to the right of the player's head, in the little alleyway with the red walls and the big door you can see the boss behind the box bending down in exhaustion from walking in to the wall so many times)

Even on the third time of me doing this (of not getting caught, anyway), he did the same thing he did on pic 1.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by BEGINit, 3 weeks ago.

I tried, but I only got up to the Yardies mission "Tail" before quitting, the walk is just so long and boring, then after many, MANY attempts of doing the mission, the boss would get stuck and just keep walking into a wall, and never move further than that.

At first he got stuck in an alleyway, on the same lane as the ZIP store.
oZwOK7y.png

But the second time, he passed that alleyway and continued going down the street, turned right and proceeded to walk towards Ammu-Nation, but just before it, he'd turn right to a little doorway with red surrounding walls, and walk into a corner and get stuck there (continuously walking into a wall in the corner).
9Bb0LXn.jpg
(Slightly above and to the right of the player's head, in the little alleyway with the red walls and the big door you can see the boss behind the box bending down in exhaustion from walking in to the wall so many times)

Even on the third time of me doing this (of not getting caught, anyway), he did the same thing he did on pic 1.

I'm familiar with this problem. It's probably some path issue. The "the boss would get stuck and just keep walking into a wall" problem happens all the time BUT as many times as I played this mission he eventualy continues to walk the path he supposed to. I think longest time I had to wait before he continued to walk was ~30 or 40 seconds. But he always continues.

The thing that happened to you in the second picture never happened to me. The actor for some reason decided to take slightly different path (I dont know why :D). The reason he stuck is that his final destination is that alley.

• Kalvin likes this

Agent Kowalski
  • Agent Kowalski

Secret Service Penguin

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've encountered that too, even on the old version. Also, if he manages to pass that point, he could get stuck on the boxes further down the alleyway. This is when my M16 comes in. :D

Oh, I also forgot about some things I've noticed:

1. Objects inside the Old School Hall don't have collisions.

2. Boxville is still referred as Mr. Wong.

3. The Tug you've added is referred as Reefer. Also, it's the only boat that plays radio stations, lol.

4. The Maverick on the FIA. It acts like a car. It can't get airborne and has old cars engine sound (ex. Stallion, Manana)

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Blackbird88, 3 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with the van in the first Dam mission? It's painfully slow to drive in the hilly areas :(

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 3 weeks ago

1. Objects inside the Old School Hall don't have collisions.

Yeah, I know. I was thinkig weather to make cols for them or not, and decided to leave as it was in Snow City.

3. The Tug you've added is referred as Reefer. Also, it's the only boat that plays radio stations, lol.

I'll see what I can do about it.

4. The Maverick on the FIA. It acts like a car. It can't get airborne and has old cars engine sound (ex. Stallion, Manana)

Actually I was planning to remove Maverick from the game. I removed CLEO that let's fly the heli, but forgot to remove heli itself from the game :D Well since it's there here the cleo files for flying:

cleo

Does anyone have any idea how to deal with the van in the first Dam mission? It's painfully slow to drive in the hilly areas  :(

The mothod I use is escaping through the gap in the hedge on the other side of the house (where the pool is). You have to drive backwards to the hill near hedge as much as you can and the press the gas and use the momentum to drive up on the back yard near the pool. Then carefully drive through the gap and drop on the road near the bridge.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

Fixed.

Has anyone completed the game? :)

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted A week ago

I'm still slowly struggling through the missions. So far the Dam missions were hardest and any mission with mission critical vehicle has way too low health set so any gang territories especially Saint's Mark area destroy them really quickly.

BEGINit
  • BEGINit

The Healer

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A day ago Edited by BEGINit, A day ago.

Adding first patch:

Patch1

It should fix these bugs:

Boxville is still referred as Mr. Wong.

The Tug  is referred as Reefer.

Shooting Range in Portland collision prob.

When shooting shotgun, time to time player only performs the shooting animation, but does not make the shot.

Missing office props from the Fort Staunton Building interior.

I hope to figure out how to fix other bugs.

• undertaker fan and Tadzik like this

Wrzosio
  • Wrzosio

Translating Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 hours ago

I'm waiting for maps with pasjans, jumps etc.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Modding Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 5 hours ago

I'm waiting for maps with pasjans, jumps etc.

Yeah, pasjans is cool. But quite unfitting for a GTA game, I'd say?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users