» «
Photo

SSX

116 replies to this topic
Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:22 AM Edited by Blackadder., 22 February 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Oooh kinky. wink.gif

Finally got gold on the race event! So satisfying to finally do it, now I just have to work on the Trick It event. biggrin.gif

Edit: Smashed the Gold Requirement, finished with 16.4 million.

Shteeve McClaren
  • Shteeve McClaren

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 PM Edited by Luigi's, 22 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Is the demo out for PS3 yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

I've played the demo. The only SSX game I owned was the first one and I liked it back then. This one's even better.

I simply love the soundtrack, the gameplay and the atmosphere, but aren't the graphics just bad? I'm quite disappointed by the graphics.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 15:28)
I simply love the soundtrack, the gameplay and the atmosphere, but aren't the graphics just bad? I'm quite disappointed by the graphics.

I didn't think so, going down into the blizzard on the trick level was pretty awesome, and looked amazing. The only thing I thought looked dodgy was the helicopter during the introductions, and that barely matters.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Is anybody else having problems loading the XBOX 360 demo? I've tried going on it 3 times and there's just a black screen with some music playing. I got as far as the EA logo then some snow appeared and then the screen just went black with the music continuing to play. Cannot be arsed downloading it again, it took about 2 hours to download first time. mad.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Sounds like it's having an issue with your EA account, maybe? Could be something like that, even though I don't remember it mentioning logging in and may be getting it mixed up with the ME3 demo.

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Wednesday, Feb 22 2012, 21:44)
Sounds like it's having an issue with your EA account, maybe? Could be something like that, even though I don't remember it mentioning logging in and may be getting it mixed up with the ME3 demo.

Problem solved. It had asked me for my EA details but I went on Quickplay and went on it through that way.

I remember playing SSX Tricky on PS2 years back and I loved it. Playing this demo just reminded me of it and a love it. biggrin.gif

Shteeve McClaren
  • Shteeve McClaren

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Suck my 14mil pap wink.gif

Yeah, this game is f*cking great fun. Will probably pick it up at some point, I'm a sucker for trying to beat high scores. Not to mention the gameplay is crazy.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 17:18)

How many tries was that?

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 17:28)

How many tries was that?

Too many sad.gif

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 17:29)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Saturday, Feb 25 2012, 17:28)

How many tries was that?

Too many sad.gif

Suck my mental victory.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hit 11.1m on Bulldog.. on the full game. 700k off the Gold! I'm loving the full game, a lot to do but at the moment I'm the only one out of my friends who has the game (got it a day early) so while it's still loads of fun, I know it's going to be tons better with friends.

S2580
  • S2580

You ain't a big shot. You ain't even a medium shot.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Has anyone here played SSX3, if so, how does it compare to this one. 3 is one of my favorite games so it would be nice to know. Can't wait for tomorrow tho, if you want to add me on psn you can, no one i know is getting it so it would be nice to have some people to compete against

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Played the demo. Is it me, or are the graphics really f*cking bad? Maybe it's because I played it at like 2am but still, the visuals really put me off.

And I don't feel the adrenaline rush going down a slope. I like that Houdini by Foster The People was playing along while I jumped from slope to slope but other than that, it's an ewww for me.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Watched the trailer, though "awesome, a must buy" but I didn't in the end.

The dealbreaker?

No local multiplayer, what a load of bullsh*t f*ck graphics, I want them to focus on gameplay, and local multiplayer was always a staple of the best SSX games.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Got this yesterday, spent about 3 hours trying to get the best I could in Global events. Currently on Silver on Serenity with 21.1 million, I really like the way they've done multiplayer and how you see other players with you (not ghosts) as I was a bit skeptical about it at first but it's definitely won me over.

I read somewhere that they were going to make splitscreen either DLC/patch, not sure how true that'll be though, as this was my only major problem with the game.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:38 PM Edited by gta_king, 03 March 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Game is finally starting to click with me in how to play it, no where near getting some of the wilder scores some of you have gotten but it's slowly getting there. I was pretty pleased to have just gotten 13,947,429 on Bulldog almost managing to get one big combo from beginning to end. I will say it's an incredibly frustrating game to get to grips with, I found at first you'd move far to fast to really get used to turning or the right inputs but once you start to just have a few runs taking your time it comes together nicely. I don't think I've had this much fun with an 'Extreme Sports Game' since Tony Hawks 3.

EDIT:

Just tried the global event on Serenity again, yesterday I barely managed to scrape 5million points, this time managed to get 26,592,368 and place in the Silver Bracket smile.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:16 AM Edited by ryuclan, 04 March 2012 - 03:04 AM.

I am loving this game. When I bought it I thought it would just be a novelty nostalgia rush and then sit on my shelf but I love this game

Also what characters are people using? Moby is my rider of choice.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (S2580 @ Thursday, Mar 1 2012, 23:47)
Has anyone here played SSX3, if so, how does it compare to this one. 3 is one of my favorite games so it would be nice to know. Can't wait for tomorrow tho, if you want to add me on psn you can, no one i know is getting it so it would be nice to have some people to compete against

Yet to play the game, but from what was being said during the buildup to the release, it seemed they were concentrating more on Tricky style.

I was following this game a lot during the pre-release, and unfortunately sold my 360 before the game was released. Seen a few reviews for the game on TV, and they all seem to average around/below the 90% rating, so why is this? Such a shame, since the game looked amazing during the early stages.

Now you've all had the time to play it out, what do you honestly think of the game. I'll be purchasing a 360 soon, and this is on my list of games I want...but from someone who loved the Tricky/On Tour games the most, will I be dissapointed?

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Just got this from eBay and it's on it's way! Can't wait, so glad that they made this - always wanted a HD revamp. SSX Tricky was from 2001 so it's unbelievable, loved that game.

Also I am super hyped for this: http://www.g4tv.com/...ng-soon-to-ssx/
user posted image
Tricky DLC, yes!

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I saw the picture you posted and got all hyped up, then read the article that explained that it would only add one 'Tricky-inspired' mountain, plus some retro characters. Meh, what am I complaining about, I don't even own the game.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah doesn't sound like too much but they obviously did it as a fanservice but yeah still happy about that and hopefully my SSX arrives in a week like it says.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just got SSX in the mail yesterday and it's pretty awesome. One question though the SSX I ordered from a UK game retailer the copy of SSX didn't have an instruction manual. I don't actually need it but it's the principle if I got a dud copy plus I like looking at the design of that kind of stuff as I'm training on how to do stuff like that, and it's just good to be observant. Or did SSX even come with a manual? I got the EA online codes though which is most important I'm just asking about the instruction manual, just seem odd.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 23:42)
Just got SSX in the mail yesterday and it's pretty awesome. One question though the SSX I ordered from a UK game retailer the copy of SSX didn't have an instruction manual. I don't actually need it but it's the principle if I got a dud copy plus I like looking at the design of that kind of stuff as I'm training on how to do stuff like that, and it's just good to be observant. Or did SSX even come with a manual? I got the EA online codes though which is most important I'm just asking about the instruction manual, just seem odd.

I wouldn't worry too much - even if it does come with a manual, it's probably only 2-3 pages long anyway.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:28 PM

Whew, I'm kinda getting the hang of the the new SSX kinda, I remember I was able to combo from the start of a run to finish in SSX3 - Seems a tad more difficult in this game however do you think? Also it seems to can't just repeat the nose/tail press too many times or you'll drop the combo unlike in SSX3 you can just repeat tail press over and over to pass the long stretches of track with no kickers. I also tried a the Classic controls for a bit, I find it too difficult to get back into the groove of the old school controls. Game seems way more fast paced or something, just can't trick as effectively. I might pop in Tricky and SSX3 to compare.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hey I need some help on this achievement. I always like a challenge but I think I need some tips.

I'm doing the "without x equipment" achievements. I've got all but one... Antartica... Also here's my in order ranking of difficulty of them when I went achievement hunting.
  • Tree Hugger (Easy)
    Survive Trees Deadly Descent without equipping armor (in World Tour)
  • Buried Alive (Easy)
    Survive Avalanche Deadly Descent without equipping armor (in World Tour)
  • Rocky Road (Easy)
    Survive Rock Deadly Descent without equipping armor (in World Tour)
  • Ice To See You (Medium)
    Survive Ice Deadly Descent without equipping ice axes (in World Tour)
  • The Apple Theory (Medium)
    Survive Gravity Deadly Descent without equipping a wingsuit (in World Tour)
  • Caution Low Visibility (Difficult)
    Survive Whiteout Deadly Descent without equipping pulse goggles (in World Tour)
  • Do You See What I See (Hard)
    Survive Darkness Deadly Descent without equipping a headlamp or pulse goggles (in World Tour)
  • It's Cold Out Here (Hardest)
    Survive Cold Deadly Descent without equipping a solar panel (in World Tour)

But anyway, I tried my own route during Antartica and I get about 85-90% completed, I always freeze during the end of the run, that end part has no sunlight anywhere. I just can't seem to reserve enough core temperature to boost through that part. I have like 75% left of the bar but that part is brutal and can't seem to past it/jump it (there's this one jump that's slightly lit). I think I might have to try the video tuts, has anyone else got them all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users