172 replies to this topic
Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Took me a long time to realize there was a topic for this mod. monocle.gif Wanted to say thanks for the mod, great job from you. The only small thing I could comment on are the rear light textures for most cars which are pink (as mentioned earlier). That's easy to change yourself though, so I'm not too bothered. smile.gif I could send you the textures if you want

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Original Comet looking better

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

Just posting to report a few more bugs I found. The Barracks, Bus and Securicar have no texture for the rear-view mirrors. Also, the FBI Rancher has no reflection whatsoever.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:09 AM

I am aware of them but am presently working on the GTA ECS mod to worry about this, also the Manana has one missing, the Infernus has both, the Washington has one missing, the Admiral has the whole mirrors untextured, there are lots of things, mostly small things that I have not or cant be bothered fixing right now. possibly they will be done some time in the Future, If I ever decide to give up on this mod I will say so and someone else can take over, but until then.....

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Actually, I just noticed the default PC vehicles have the same exact bugs with missing mirror textures (on the same vehicles too!). I guess that's just one of those things that went by unnoticed by Rockstar.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hey People I am trying to get ahold of an Xbox Vice City DVD and if I do so successfully (I am in the process of it now) I plan to extend this mod beyond Vehicles and plan to redo the Whole City, assuming that the Xbox Version of VC is much like the Xbox Version of 3, with all the buildings and textures being better than PC/PS2, if I get the disc do you guys think I should go ahead with this?

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

Sure, that'd be awesome wink.gif

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yes. Thats like have vice city in HD.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

I would just like to announce that I am now the Proud owner of an Xbox Vice City DVD, so it looks like this project is to go ahead, presently I am working on GTA Most Modded, I did not expect to find it this easily, so I will post more updates as time goes on. I will also get this Topic Moved into the -ModShowroom > Other, section with a title change and etc. keep a look out for it.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

But isn't Xbox City identical to the PC one? I always thought it was.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

I think it might be, but I cant do it now as the Xbox to PC converter wont convert the City Models it will only corrupt them, it seems to only work with Vehicles.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:42 AM Edited by Claude Liberty, 07 April 2012 - 11:42 AM.

I know it was asked on GTAGarage discussion page, but i want to repeat. XBOX Comet has the same back part as SA or VCS model. As for me, it is ugly. It would be nice to recreate the PC design in XBOX style. I know you rejected this request on GTAGarage, but it is almost the same as adding HD license plates, which you nearly agreed.

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:30 AM

You may have seen this already ALMOST610, but here's an awesome mod that was released a week ago: http://dimzet13.3dn....ktejl/17-1-0-35 (page is in Russian, but it shouldn't be hard to find the download link).

It has all of the Xbox vehicles converted with no bugs (with improved Xbox wheels. You should see the Off-Road wheel, it's awesome), and even Xbox map textures as well. It also fixes many colisions in the map and adds textures to the large inaccessable buildings, plus other neat things such as beta bus stops and a solid sea bottom. One of the best Vice City mods I've seen for sure. Tested and approved.

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

Formerly known as Dumbass-Productions

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

Why did you have to bump this topic? Do you think he even gives a f*ck about that link? Another dude made the same, SO WHAT?

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Calm down dude, I just wanted to point this out to him because he likes VC too and it's relevant to the topic. Although I admit it would have been better if I PM'd him about this, so my apologies.

Shrektastic
  • Shrektastic

Formerly known as Dumbass-Productions

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Zera @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 14:02)
Calm down dude, I just wanted to point this out to him because he likes VC too and it's relevant to the topic. Although I admit it would have been better if I PM'd him about this, so my apologies.

Yep and the mod is has barely something to do with his one. It's just a mashup of PS2, XBOX, PC Files and unlocked unaccesable places.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (HackMan128 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 18:27)
I just noticed white wheels in every car I saw.

I'm getting this too. Every car has whitewall tires. What to do?

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 16:13)
QUOTE (Zera @ Saturday, Jul 21 2012, 14:02)

Yep and the mod is has barely something to do with his one. It's just a mashup of PS2, XBOX, PC Files and unlocked unaccesable places.

Actually it does since it's a much better version of this mod. It's a collaboration of all the best quality parts from all gaming platforms for PC. That Russian mod has no bugs like see through interiors, and it gives you all beta parts that was left out and improved textures from PS2 and Xbox. I'm using it and can't be happier. Makes VC much more enjoyable.

Macavell
  • Macavell

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610)
Hey People I am trying to get ahold of an Xbox Vice City DVD and if I do so successfully (I am in the process of it now) I plan to extend this mod beyond Vehicles and plan to redo the Whole City, assuming that the Xbox Version of VC is much like the Xbox Version of 3, with all the buildings and textures being better than PC/PS2, if I get the disc do you guys think I should go ahead with this?

I would just like to announce that I am now the Proud owner of an Xbox Vice City DVD, so it looks like this project is to go ahead, presently I am working on GTA Most Modded, I did not expect to find it this easily, so I will post more updates as time goes on. I will also get this Topic Moved into the -ModShowroom > Other, section with a title change and etc. keep a look out for it.

Man, YES! icon14.gif Since I'm using the Xbox version mod for GTA III I miss it in GTA Vice City. Please do it, you seem to be the only person who would like to...

I don't know if this bug has been detected or discussed before but look:

user posted image user posted image
Click on the pictures to watch them in full size.

If I'm too near to the cars, the wheel textures become white.

XTad
  • XTad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Macavell @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 21:01)
QUOTE (ALMOST610)

Man, YES! icon14.gif Since I'm using the Xbox version mod for GTA III I miss it in GTA Vice City. Please do it, you seem to be the only person who would like to...

Same problem here. Anyone knows how to fix it?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (XTad @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 06:37)
QUOTE (ALMOST610)

Someone else had the problem in the past and I believed they fixed it, I actually do not experience the problem so it is tough for me to diagnose it and fix anything at the mods end, if anything can be fixed at the mods end.

Do you both have Dedicated Graphics?
Low End PC's?
Latest Drivers?

GMcarsMAN
  • GMcarsMAN

Asahi Opt. Co., Japan

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 01:54)
QUOTE (XTad @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 06:37)
QUOTE (ALMOST610)

Someone else had the problem in the past and I believed they fixed it, I actually do not experience the problem so it is tough for me to diagnose it and fix anything at the mods end, if anything can be fixed at the mods end.

Do you both have Dedicated Graphics?
Low End PC's?
Latest Drivers?

I've experienced the same problem. The solution is simple.

After you install the mod with the mod installer provided with the package, DO NOT install the wheels for the second time fom the file "Xbox Wheels 2.0 (Bugs Fixed)" (vcxboxwheels2.zip). Apparently the mod installer already installs the wheels with the cars simultaneously.

YOEL_44
  • YOEL_44

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

When will be the mod finished, there are a lot of bugs.
There are some vehicles that only have been changed the engine and the car bottom (Blista compact, Yankee, Bus...), most of the vehicles don't have 3D door-lines (Washington, Oceanic, Perennial...), some of them they have exactly the same textures as in PC/PS2 (Barracks, Pony, Remington...), the Sentinel and Sentinel XS are completely diferent (textures, some details that they have to be the same + Sent. XS has a rear window detail bug), most of the shadows (in the grill and lights), havent got transparecy (Banshee, Landstalker, Esperanto), a cuple of them they have alpha mask bug, and the lods of some of the cars don't fit with the HQ models.

You have a lot of work but I'am working in some of the textures (the only that I know how to mod), if you like I can send you them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users