136 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

Completed in under 20 days!! wow.gif

Fantastic job, guys! Good to see the CG running strong even after 50+ rounds.

Kudos to all those who participated. See ya'll in the next round. smile.gif

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Congrats to all who played.
Thanks to OrionSR and rubregg for the starting save.
Thanks to all the officers who kept the game going.
Thanks again to JAJ for hosting.
The checklist is posted but has a few missing items. Anyone who I missed can PM me and I will add it to the list.
Please leave this open till I post the final change to the checklist.
See you all in the next round, which I hope to be able to play in this time.

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 8 2011, 13:58)

Brilliant speed. Improving speed makes us all happy. How about an unmodded save next round? Let's break the monotony if no one finds this offensive. 4staring on an un-modded save game will be great. All left to JAJ and the officers. Congrats to everybody icon14.gif .

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Jan 9 2011, 11:51)
Brilliant speed. Improving speed makes us all happy. How about an unmodded save next round? Let's break the monotony if no one finds this offensive. 4staring on an un-modded save game will be great. All left to JAJ and the officers. Congrats to everybody icon14.gif .

That would slow down the Chain Game.
Even so, it would be a challenge!

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

what about TTDISA mod its a brilliant mod and a chaingame based on it could be fun,i'm just giving ideas smile.gif

vassily
  • vassily

Bombastic-Fantastic !!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Oh yeah...
Sorry for not completing the chain game since my country now is officially UNSTABLE !

But .. we will participate in the next one of course !

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

Your sig says: Preparing myself to Go back to da Game ; Duds !!!
Don't you mean "Preparing myself to Go back to da Game ; Dudes !!!'
colgate.gif A dud is a bomb/shell that doesn't go off/explode.
smile.gif A dude is a beginner/fake cowboy, or a guy who wears flashy/gay clothes.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (M.A.K @ Jan 9 2011, 16:44)
what about TTDISA mod its a brilliant mod and a chaingame based on it could be fun,i'm just giving ideas smile.gif

It's a good suggestion, but that mod is still in Beta stage. It would be a risk to use that mod because if any glitches arise during the CG, we will have to ditch that round and it will be a waste of everyone's time. Moreover, using TTDISA is not as simple as dropping the CG savefile into the User Files folder is. There are a number of files that need to be replaced in the GTASA installation directory, which most players might find hectic and it might put them off. Let's keep this suggestion aside for a while.

M.A.K
  • M.A.K

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

well its not in beta its well volume 1 and our beloved members have found was of avoiding all the glitches well i just made a play through on it and i didnt even crash not even on the last mission but i say it mught be a good idea to wait till deezire comes back with the fixed patch just in case, even though he is long gone moto_whistle.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:11 PM Edited by JAJ, 09 January 2011 - 03:48 PM.

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 8 2011, 03:28)

Fantastic job, guys! Good to see the CG running strong even after 50+ rounds.

Kudos to all those who participated. See ya'll in the next round. smile.gif

I agree! This round was really fast! Congrats to all that played!

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 9 2011, 08:19)
QUOTE (M.A.K @ Jan 9 2011, 16:44)

It's a good suggestion, but that mod is still in Beta stage. It would be a risk to use that mod because if any glitches arise during the CG, we will have to ditch that round and it will be a waste of everyone's time. Moreover, using TTDISA is not as simple as dropping the CG savefile into the User Files folder is. There are a number of files that need to be replaced in the GTASA installation directory, which most players might find hectic and it might put them off. Let's keep this suggestion aside for a while.

I just finished studying this & found that I agree with what girishb has already written, especially the part about having to download more promgram files. We'd like to think that just having to download the previous save is easiest & causes minimal problems for the players. The use V2 Script folder files is also only needed for the V1 players & this is so that both V1 & V2 players can play in the same game.

QUOTE (cacarla @ Jan 9 2011, 04:51)
How about an unmodded save next round? Let's break the monotony if no one finds this offensive. 4staring on an un-modded save game will be great. All left to JAJ and the officers. Congrats to everybody icon14.gif .

I'm okay with playing an un-modded save game for the next round (we might even get Zoom to play colgate.gif ) but I'd like to get some more opinions:

modded?

un-modded?

maybe a modded save from the past? (if from the past, which round?)

Please let us know what you'd like to play next round.

If we play an unmodded save we will still need to use V2 Script files & have a V1 or a V2 player (whichever version starts the game) do the area opening missions ("The Green Saber", Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom")
@OrionSR, please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

For me, I like the modded save. I like: (depending on which generation save)
that we can do the races from the beginning
the Armory save houses
all clothes are already acquired
the extra vehicles
the new unique stunt jumps
the 'extra' stuff

Please let us know what you'd like to play next round.

kizzck
  • kizzck

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

Well i wish i could play the chain game but im gonna have a hard time keeping up the time couse im in GMT+2 confused.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (kizzck @ Jan 9 2011, 21:07)
Well i wish i could play the chain game but im gonna have a hard time keeping up the time couse im in GMT+2 confused.gif

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sneak in a turn or two, or even more! wink.gif

As for the next round, I'll leave it up to the more frequent players to decide which save to start with. I rarely manage to take a turn so which save you guys start with will be of no consequence to me.

DREVIL919
  • DREVIL919

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

As for me, I will play whichever save everyone else decides. I agree with JAJ though, all the extras help the round go faster and its much easier. I started in round 42 (unmoded) so I will go with the suggestions of all who respond with a choice. I just like playing the game. Collecting all the vehicles for import/export, traveling between cities in 4 star mode(instead of teleporting), not having the armories or extra prepositioned vehicles, and lastly not having the clothes and races at the beginning does pose a bit of a problem. Anyway, what everone else decides is OK by me.

kizzck
  • kizzck

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 9 2011, 15:44)
QUOTE (kizzck @ Jan 9 2011, 21:07)

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to sneak in a turn or two, or even more! wink.gif

As for the next round, I'll leave it up to the more frequent players to decide which save to start with. I rarely manage to take a turn so which save you guys start with will be of no consequence to me.

Yes, im gonna try wink.gif

vassily
  • vassily

Bombastic-Fantastic !!

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jan 9 2011, 12:08)
Your sig says: Preparing myself to Go back to da Game ; Duds !!!
Don't you mean "Preparing myself to Go back to da Game ; Dudes !!!'
colgate.gif A dud is a bomb/shell that doesn't go off/explode.
smile.gif A dude is a beginner/fake cowboy, or a guy who wears flashy/gay clothes.

tounge.gif ... well .. I was then with my "Crappy sh....y PC" .. Stupid keyboard tounge.gif

I'll modify It later...
But .. where is the Stats ?

And for the Save .. I like this one .. it's more "exciting" than the normal V1 or V2 ... smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Jan 9 2011, 07:11)
If we play an unmodded save we will still need to use V2 Script files & have a V1 or a V2 player (whichever version starts the game) do the area opening missions ("The Green Saber", Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom")
@OrionSR, please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

The players who completes Green Sabre and Yay Ka-Boom-Boom must have the same version (of GTA3.IMG - script or exe version doesn't matter) as the player who created the save.

Are You going to San Fierro? is only a factor with our "hybrid IPL" custom saves, and even then, only for one version - but I forget which. Only players with the same base version as the player who completes End of the Line will have access to Smoke's Crack Palace, unless the save is started after loading one of our hybrid EoL saves - which isn't recommended because then we lose the fire extinguishers in the fast food joints and a sniper rifle near the SF Cropduster (who cares) and might contain the girlfriend busted/wasted glitch.

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [The Chain Game]

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

<Here's a link to the next Round>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users