Photo

Things you hate the most in GTA III

345 replies to this topic
Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Actually It's hard to say! When I played GTA III I liked everything, then I started to play GTA VC and GTA SA and still nothing bothers me...

Maybe the only thing I don't like is awful street layout in Shoreside Vale! I never liked that part of Liberty City..

• Kalerney, CartmanKusanagi, MetalMilitia89 and 1 other like this

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by CasualSergiu, 18 July 2014 - 12:58 PM.

The physics. Even Vice City's were better.
You could destroy your vehicle fairly easy. Plus, cars had, really, almost no weight at all.

• Blennerville likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

The physics. Even Vice City's were better.
You could destroy your vehicle fairly easy. Plus, cars had, really, almost no weight at all.

Tell me about it. That`s the bigest pain in the ass in GTA 3, those "vehicles" if you can even name it vehicles have almost no weight so they fly around even at the slightest bump. And thats`s why are police pursuits so hard in this game, even harder than in V. Because of those stupid feather-lighted vehicles and when you`ve got like 3, 4 (god forbid 5 stars) you can`t make a lousy 50 metres without being blown up. A bunch of suicidal, crapy AI guided cops hiting your car untill you`re wasted and you can`t even bail out if car doesn`t come to a stop. That is so frustrating i can`t even describe it.

Especially for a gamer like myself who`ve started to play with SA first and after 2 yrs of playing SA, VCS and VC i went to GTA 3. Imagine how frustrated and angry i was. I had literaly force myself to finish this game.

However they improve vehicles in VC for about 40-50% but they were still quite crappy, especially that annoying vehicle handling with quick and sharp turns.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Gangs shooting at me, especially the Leone Family, is actually fun. Just get the BP, EP and FP Cheetah from Turismo or the BP Patriot after "Marked Man" and you will realize what I mean. Flying the Dodo isn't such a sh*tty thing either. It is easy if you learn it. The only thing I hated is that there are no interiors in GTA 3 {except for a few}. And the Motorcycle "ban" was perhaps a lie. It's such a stupid reason. I think :r*: didn't plan 'em for the game, but they did not want to tell others for it. No more bad things to say... overall I think it's the best GTA :cool: .

I hope you know what the Crusher Glitch is and how it works and what it does.  You can convert that BP/FP/EP Cheetah into an AP Cheetah with the Crusher Glitch.  I got this Cheetah in AP form, along with the BP/FP/EP Bobcat (converted into AP form), AP/EC Stretch, BP/DP Patriot (It's DP from the Crusher, the Patriot from Marked Man), BP/DP Barracks OL (Converted to DP with the Crusher), BP/FP Trashmaster, and BP/FP Securicar.  The best 7 proof vehicles in the entire game.  The only proof vehicle I didn't get is the EP Securicar as I already have the BP/FP one and having a regular EP Securicar isn't needed, imo.

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

Gangs shooting at me, especially the Leone Family, is actually fun. Just get the BP, EP and FP Cheetah from Turismo or the BP Patriot after "Marked Man" and you will realize what I mean. Flying the Dodo isn't such a sh*tty thing either. It is easy if you learn it. The only thing I hated is that there are no interiors in GTA 3 {except for a few}. And the Motorcycle "ban" was perhaps a lie. It's such a stupid reason. I think :r*: didn't plan 'em for the game, but they did not want to tell others for it. No more bad things to say... overall I think it's the best GTA :cool: .

I hope you know what the Crusher Glitch is and how it works and what it does.  You can convert that BP/FP/EP Cheetah into an AP Cheetah with the Crusher Glitch.  I got this Cheetah in AP form, along with the BP/FP/EP Bobcat (converted into AP form), AP/EC Stretch, BP/DP Patriot (It's DP from the Crusher, the Patriot from Marked Man), BP/DP Barracks OL (Converted to DP with the Crusher), BP/FP Trashmaster, and BP/FP Securicar.  The best 7 proof vehicles in the entire game.  The only proof vehicle I didn't get is the EP Securicar as I already have the BP/FP one and having a regular EP Securicar isn't needed, imo.

Yes, I know the Crusher Glitch, I haven't gave it much tries yet. I'll try it.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

It's a very handy glitch to use.  LARGE vehicles, like the Trashmaster and Securicar can't be made into DP, but smaller vehicles can.  That is why I am so surprised that the BP Barracks OL was able to work on the Crusher and be made into BP/DP.  One of my favorite vehicles in III because you can bash cars out of the way so easily, LOL, they go flying.

But all in all, the AP Cheetah is probably the best all around vehicle.  There is only 1 AP vehicle in III originally, but because of the Crusher, you can now have 3 total AP vehicles.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

@militia where do you store all those vehicles since in GTA 3 you only have space for 1 in portland, 2 in staunton and 3 in shoreside, so that means 6.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Wrong :p

One is surely able to fit in Portland, even if you fit the AP/EC Stretch into Portland, it can work.  For SI and SSV the maximum limit surely is 2 for SI and 3 for SSV, but you do know how to get more into the garage?  You just park close by the garage door, get out of the vehicle, and then quickly get back into the vehicle and drive it into the garage when the garage door opens.  This allows much more stored.  I have 7 total stored in GTA III, which isn't even a lot.  Other people have 13, which is nearly double than what I got.  Notice it here:

4emp2008 and jam8tone surely have way more vehicles than I do, but that's because they collected the Corpse Manana, and also a lot of EC vehicles, which means Exclusive Color.  I don't care much for colors, but only proof vehicles.  There is about 13 total proof/unique/EC vehicles in GTA III, but only 8 of them are actually proof vehicles.  I got 7 out of the 8 and didn't care to obtain an EP Securicar, since I got the BP/FP Securicar.

This trick works the same in VC, SA, LCS, and VCS as well.  12 total vehicles can be stored in LCS and 12 in VCS, too.  13 in III, 30-40 in VC, and 75 or so in SA...Vehicle collectors always utilize ALL the space they can get...

EDIT: Oh, and you can just have a look at this topic that is pinned over here ---> http://gtaforums.com...-vehicle-guide/

There is videos and a written description on how to obtain all the proof/unique vehicles in GTA III, but I only went after the 7 that interested me.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Ok. But is there any risk of losing the vehicles if you put them to close to eachother? I had it in SA when vehicles just dissapeared when i squashed them too close to each other in garages.

And that hangar in verdant meadows, everytime i stored more than 3 vehicles 1 of them dissapeared.

And please tell me why i can`t do that crusher glitch in GTA 3, i`ve done everything that is required but still i havent manage that crusher to lift me up?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I dunno how "hatey" this is, but I hate how Lips 106 and Head Radio basically play the same type of music.

• Jeansowaty likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Ok. But is there any risk of losing the vehicles if you put them to close to eachother? I had it in SA when vehicles just dissapeared when i squashed them too close to each other in garages.

And that hangar in verdant meadows, everytime i stored more than 3 vehicles 1 of them dissapeared.

And please tell me why i can`t do that crusher glitch in GTA 3, i`ve done everything that is required but still i havent manage that crusher to lift me up?

Always a risk to lose vehicles, but PC players or people who have access to a computer and a USB Drive always make backups of their save.  Everytime I get a vehicle in my playthroughs, I save.  Reload, check if my vehicles are there, and if they are there, I back it up onto my USB Drive.  I am the type of person who only plays on ONE save, I don't utilize the 8-15 save slots.  I just save in the first block all the time, but because I make a backup, nothing goes wrong, and if something does go wrong, it's easy to reload the previous save and do a mission or two over and get back to where I was in no time, anyways.

SA has an "absolute capacity" of 4 vehicles in each garage, including the Verdant Meadows Hanger.  If you try to fit 5 or more CARS into a garage, one will disappear...Anyways, we are going off topic.  But here is how to use the Crusher in GTA III...

Sergiu
  • Sergiu

EQUANOX™

• GTA Mods Staff
  • European-Union
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Always a risk to lose vehicles, but PC players or people who have access to a computer and a USB Drive always make backups of their save.  Everytime I get a vehicle in my playthroughs, I save.  Reload, check if my vehicles are there, and if they are there, I back it up onto my USB Drive.  I am the type of person who only plays on ONE save, I don't utilize the 8-15 save slots.  I just save in the first block all the time, but because I make a backup, nothing goes wrong, and if something does go wrong, it's easy to reload the previous save and do a mission or two over and get back to where I was in no time, anyways.

SA has an "absolute capacity" of 4 vehicles in each garage, including the Verdant Meadows Hanger.  If you try to fit 5 or more CARS into a garage, one will disappear...Anyways, we are going off topic.  But here is how to use the Crusher in GTA III...

I still don't get the point of caring about vehicles in III...there's not customization whatsoever. Plus, they're all easy to find.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Where do I find Salvatore's Bulletproof, Fireproof, Explosionproof, Damageproof, Exclusive Color, Permanent Color Black Stretch besides in the mission "Salvatore's Called a Meeting."

I guess the entire thing flew over your head as we are talking about PROOF vehicles, vehicles with special properties that you can NOT get anywhere else in the entire game except from some of the missions, once mission is passed, you can never get the vehicle again unless you start a new save over.  The Crusher Glitch is used infinitely and can make any smaller vehicle Damageproof, though.

These proof vehicles are in GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  Not the sh*t HD Era.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

thanx militia, i`ll try that again tomorow.

@casualSergiu, it don`t bothers me that there are no car customization in 3 but it bothers me that 95% of the vehicles are total crap.

I can number you only few of them which are more or less ok and which have a bit more weight and normal handling;

sentinel & leone sentinel (those 2 are probably the best in game)

patriot

cheetah (maybe infernus too)

stinger &yakuza stinger

And that`s about it, the rest of them are just pure sadness. Just look at cartel cruiser or yardie lobo, gosh you can`t even turn with that thing, it`s turning radius is like of drunk elephant`s. You need to stop down first then starting to turn and still you`ve got great chance that you wont make it in 1.st attempt. Not to mention you`ll probably roll over when you will try to turn more rapidly.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 05:39 PM.

I love my BP/DP Barracks OL...So much weight to it, plows through cars like nothing and they go flying, do backflips, spins, etc.  Unstoppable in that... :p  I was just playing GTA III and having some fun.  Where?  Destination: St. Marks.  Mafia were helping me blow the cops up since their shotguns are deadly but don't do sh*t to me.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

But what about when you got 6 stars and tanks come at you? You are only safe from tanks in SA with proof vehicles you said.

So you somehow try to maintain 5 stars or what?

Offtopic, have you noticed how in VCS you can still get shot even in proof vehicle? That`s because the car windows are half opened and that sucks, especially when you drive right into the FBI blockade where 16 agents fire at you with their MP5`s and your armor and health go down very fast..

That half opened windows in VCS`s cars realy made me mad.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, if I reach 6 stars, I rush to the Pay and Spray, LOL, cuz Tanks explode the car no matter what by running into it.  I try to maintain 5 as it's much more fun, imo cuz the FBI is crazy LOL

The windows are not "half open."  You get shot cuz the windshield can still be shot out, so they are shooting the windshield and breaking it, thus it coming through the windshield and hitting you.  This happens also in LCS.  I rarely get shot, though, only like 5% of my armor will decrease after all that time having fun in the police chase.

So to actually go back on topic:  What do I hate?  I hate how Tanks can damage my vehicle, even if it's DP or AP! :p

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Maybe that`s the cause but front side windows are indeed open a little bit, look at it with sniper rifle and you will see it.

Anyway yeah those tanks are pain in the ass and they are totaly unrealistic. In SA at least you aren`t blown up if you don`t hit the tank with full speed (i speak for non-proof vehicles) but in 3 (or VC, LCS and VCS) you`re blown up even at the slightest bump in the tank.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by Militia, 19 July 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Maybe the BP/PP vehicles from the Empires are cracked open a bit, but a normal BP or proof vehicle collected from a mission isn't like that.  Only thing on these vehicles is the front windshield can be shot out, that's all, but this happens on every vehicle in LCS and VCS.

Nico
  • Nico

Let's talk about me

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by Nicolas Chiribelo, 09 September 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Can I bump this?

I don't like how R* designed the Porter Tunnel. Specifically the Staunton exit, having only two lanes. It's supposed to be the most important borough of the city, where everyone from Portland and Shoreside goes to work everyday. It should have four lanes like the rest of the tunnel.

Maybe the LC government didn't brought enough money to make it better. Who knows.

Payne
  • Payne

f*ck you!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:31 AM

The light cars
The physics

Pastry
  • Pastry

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

The only thing i hate about this game is that you can't auto aim with the M16 on PS2 other than that the game is perfect.

Naroon
  • Naroon

Saturday Night Beaver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

GTA III is my favorite in the series, but it does have some annoying issues.

*Vehicles have next to zero durability, a few bumps and it's on fire.

*A huge portion of Portland becomes uninhabitable after a certain mission thanks to overpowered mafiosi with shotguns

*Aiming system was borked beyond belief, completely unreliable (mitigated on PC version due to manual mouse-aim)

*Vehicles have almost no weight, so they're very easy to flip over

*Can't bail out of vehicles, so if a vehicle catches on fire at high speeds, you're f*cked

*Hated how Asuka gets whacked, she was pretty cool, lol.

*Inability to swim, so if you come into contact with deep water, you're f*cked.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

*Hated how Asuka gets whacked, she was pretty cool, lol.

You're right man, shame on C* for that, they always kill off the cool girls in the series lol.

• Shao Kahn and Robinism like this

ViceCityMafiaBoss
  • ViceCityMafiaBoss

Made man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

-That Claude didn't talk

-Very little car bailing

-The Leone mobs 

Other than that, this game is actually pretty good

housedeep
  • housedeep

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:07 PM Edited by housedeep, 05 June 2015 - 07:52 PM.

Claude's running animation.
Driving inside tunnels.
The weather - it's always raining when I play.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

My small list.

1. The Porter Tunnel's interchanges.

2. The Porter Tunnel's Staunton Island Portal. One Lane in each direction?

3. The Shoreside Vale Tunnel's being blocked off, despite that in LCS they were open to each other.

4. Gangs that sense you instantly, even when you are driving very quickly.

5. The fu*king Dodo!

6. The lack of proper two way Rail Transport.

• Username.gta likes this

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:54 PM Edited by BlackSnow176, 05 June 2015 - 12:55 PM.

I love everything about GTA III... except the Perennial (in all games). Hate this car with passion! It spawns literally everywhere, all the time. Sometimes I may go on rampages just to destroy every Perennial that spawns.

Perennial-GTA3-front.jpg

Doctor Dollars
  • Doctor Dollars

Wiseguy Despiser

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

There's no rock station. It would be cool if you could swim, it doesn't have to be fancy. The thing I hate the most is the scumbag cartel pulling out M16's and f*cking my sh*t

• Naroon and Midnight Hitman like this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Master of Darkness and Various Spooky Sh*t

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

I love everything about GTA III... except the Perennial (in all games). Hate this car with passion! It spawns literally everywhere, all the time. Sometimes I may go on rampages just to destroy every Perennial that spawns...

Herobrine is crying somewhere while reading this...

OT: no Rock station.
  • Payne likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users