Things you hate the most in GTA III

399 replies to this topic
Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

I forgot about that. Rockstar is such a tease...blue ballin' all of us.

Even worse is how if you use the Dodo to fly past the tunnels, the minimap shows a bunch of location names like "Aaronsville," all of them are named after some of the developers, but it must have drove people nuts back then when it was first discovered.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:08 AM

A few times I've managed to fly the Dodo so far outside the map that my game crashed. 

A lot of things I dislike about GTA III, namely the large amount of gang hostility you encounter upon completing the game, the clunky shooting mechanics and over-aggressive police. Despite that, game's still a f*ckin' classic.

• Hmmm nice bike and Evil empire like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:17 AM

I think I managed to fly the Dodo all the way to the western edge of Staunton Island before flipping it over in mid-air and crashing into the street below. I'm sure part of the reason they made it so difficult to fly was to keep people from flying out of the boundaries of the map. Shoreside Vale was landlocked and I don't think they had an infinite ocean like there was in every other game, was there?

The police in III and VC both seemed to be overly-aggressive, but I don't think I minded that as much as I minded having to avoid most areas of Portland to avoid the gangs. That really is the biggest thing I dislike about the game, how they basically made it extremely hard to ever go back to St. Marks without a bulletproof vehicle. That and the overpowered shotguns that all of the Leone's were carrying that blow your car up in about two shots.

• Evil empire and Lock n' Stock like this

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

Not being able to properly fly the Dodo or get to Ghost Town. The tunnels behind Cedar Grove have an invisible wall.

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Studying at Bullworth Academy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Probably the fact you couldn't enter the tunnel in Shoreside. As a kid I tried getting through it many times, hoping it'd lead me to that observation building you see in the distance.

Same. I had tried so many methods to reach the observatory. Even tried to jump over the hills but it was too steep.
Rockstar should have atleast made it accessible in LCS but nope.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Never being able to visit gang controlled areas ever again without a BP car and Joyride being censored on Lips 106.

Night_MARE
  • Night_MARE

Officially N3Rd.

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

- You can't access the tunnel in Shoreside
- The half winged dodo
- Can't bail out of a car
- Can't crouch
- Can't swim

....and that's all I hate about the game ;)

• Evil empire likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

PC version = 30 fps or amazing physic glitches.

GTA_CAT
  • GTA_CAT

One inconformist

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Andorra

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTA_CAT, 3 weeks ago.

There's another thing I forgot to post: trees.
It's not about their presence or the trees themselves, it's about if they are solid or trespassable. Usually next to road ones are solid, which is okay but why the other ones aren't? It might be good for making shortcuts but the irreality of not solid ones... in some caees there are even trespassable ones next to the streets.

Oh and I realized about something more. Subway red control lights (the ones in the mid of the tunnel) are all trespassable except in Portland station. That's the same of the
trees.
Also I don't like non breakable streetlights, which are indestructible whatever is your speed and what you are driving when you crash into them.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Disappearing, single use, disposable cars, as in other GTAs. In the other two games it was 'fairly' safe to park one car and drive another, but in GTA III my car seemed to disappear often for unknown reason while I was still close to it, noticed happening several times by the docks.

I tried to use the Bulletproof Patriot to collect hidden packages on the first island, and was disappointed that I had to reload and redo it when my car was gone.

The SAMP model, where the player first parks a car in a designated area, and is guranteed to always respawn it there would work much better, even if the limited console had such short memory, and the car instance was forgotten. We can't really use any special or beautiful cars for any jobs, and must keep them under lock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users