Photo

Things you hate the most in GTA 3

233 replies to this topic
Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Just bought a load of manure!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

Things I didn't like before VC came out, that still rub me raw.

- Severing all ties with the Yakuza. I guess they were aiming an ending where Claude's life and freelancing nature mean he will never be able to have 'relations' with anyone for too long. I used to hang around Fort Staunton and help them with the never-ending war with the Columbians (or same to the Yardies by using the taxi trick).

- The Landstalker. I always dreaded using it because the mere thought of going off-road made it turn onto its side. It also made one hell of a target for the FBI.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

For those who hated to kill Sal in III, really play GTA Liberty City Stories, a pure mafia game with Sal and Toni, you'll love it.

Conscerning me, I can't say I hate something in the game, the gang system could have been made better.

I hate the Cartel, but I it enjoy even more killing them.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

The horrible vehicle physics on some cars. Landstalker, for example, likes to flip over even when driving on a straight road. Securicar on 3-4 stars can get blasted into space after a cop car bumps into it. The damage is also horrible. One small crash and the car already starts to smoke.

Then there's the Unique Stunt Jump cams. I lost so many good flights with Dodo because I flew over a stunt jump area and triggered the cam when flying higher than the skyscrapers.

I also hated killing Salvatore. But I guess that's normal for someone who had LCS as their first GTA.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

I don't hate anything about GTA 3, because it's an almost perfect game. It had the best on-foot controls of the PS2 games.

I'd love a remake where you can swim, because it sucks driving into water and drowning.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

The horrible vehicle physics on some cars. Landstalker, for example, likes to flip over even when driving on a straight road. Securicar on 3-4 stars can get blasted into space after a cop car bumps into it. The damage is also horrible. One small crash and the car already starts to smoke.

Then there's the Unique Stunt Jump cams. I lost so many good flights with Dodo because I flew over a stunt jump area and triggered the cam when flying higher than the skyscrapers.

I also hated killing Salvatore. But I guess that's normal for someone who had LCS as their first GTA.

Agreed. Even at times, I feel that Cartel Cruiser has the same physics as Landstalker. The mass to traction proportion's very bad in those vehicles. I hate destroying the Landstalker.

Securicar takes too much damage on the sides and dashboard. It's supposed a secure vehicle. :p

Killing Salvatore was the worst thing. But, I guess you can't stick with someone who's paranoid and puts a price on your head.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Ok here is my list of things that i hate the most in GTA 3;

-terrible crap cars with no weight at all and when someone bumps you you just fly like 2 blocks away like a damn paper box, I`m sure you all know that feeling when you have 3, 4 or 5 star wanted level and they just keep bumping you like a freaking bowling bowl until you are wasted.

-not being able to bail out of vehicle

- terribly annoying cop car sirens, i mean that noise is realy realy annoying it goes all the way to your brains

-crazy and unrealistic gang hating on you, especially those fu*cking mafiosi with their shotguns and 1-shot blow up. I mean if i want to get blow up a car with a shotgun i need at least 2 if not 3 shots from close range, but they somehow need only 1 and that from long distance :dontgetit:

IT SUCKS!!

-retarded and limited vocabulary of gangs, especially colombians and triads it gets on your f*ck*ing nerves when they are like 7 in group all repeating the same sentences. (I know it`s a 2001 game with limits and all but what could be so hard to give them a few more things to say)

-unrealistic voices of gunshots, especially from m16 which sounds more like rattle snake than fully auto gunshots

-mute character. I mean i just can get into a Claude like i could identify with some other protagonists who talk. 

-dull and depresive athmosphere of LC in this game altough in LCS wasnt much better either.

These are some of the things that i hate in this game but i still find it good game especially when it was huge break to fully 3D game.

But it is very important which game you started play with. If GTA3 was your first game in 3D era than you will probably love it forever because of all nostalgia but if you played VC, VCS and SA before GTA 3 like myself then you will have really hard time to love it.

I remember when i first started to play GTA3 after SA, VCS and VC, i was like WTF??, that camera angles, first person view and vehicle handling seemed like a disaster for me back then   :*( but if you think of it`s release day you got to know that it was a true masterpiece, an unforgetable game for someone who have started 3D era with this game.

Well, i kind of liked it after i forced myself to play it. For the 3.rd and 4.th time i have played it i finnaly started to like it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

I'm not sure if I already mentioned it or not, but I hate how once you kill Salvatore, you can't even hang around Portland, which sucked because that was my favorite island. If they underpowered the Mob like they did the triads with bats & pistols, that'd be cool, but no. They give the mob goddamn one-hit-one-kill shotguns.

WHY.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'm not sure if I already mentioned it or not, but I hate how once you kill Salvatore, you can't even hang around Portland, which sucked because that was my favorite island. If they underpowered the Mob like they did the triads with bats & pistols, that'd be cool, but no. They give the mob goddamn one-hit-one-kill shotguns.

WHY.

Same here. They were meant to be WEAKENED after their leader was killed, not made STRONGER.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

There aren't many things that I hate from GTA III as it's my favourite GTA, but here's some of them that I find disappointing :

-The fact that we can't bail out of the car (seriously, this feature would have saved me more that once during all my playthrough! :D )

-The Mafia in Portland (well now that I found gangrespect mod, I don't really mind the mafia, but they were so annoying with their shotguns. If only they had uzis instead...)

-The inability to turn the camera around while driving (that's not really a problem, but this feature would have been really cool for PC users :) )

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well i`m sure many of you GTA 3 fans know already about that costume cheat trick?

Anyway in case if somebody still havent figured that out yet there is only 1 ped skin available in which you wont get attack from any gang. Just insert a costume change cheat each time untill you find an elder man with brown trenchcoat and a hat, he is quite regular ped so it wont be so hard to find it except putting in that cheat into it at least like 50x times untill you will find this skin.

And than you wont be attacked anymore. But this could not be so fun for Claude`s fans however most of you would rather play as Claude i believe instead of some old granpa but still it is the only solution on PS2 to freely roam aroud portland and do some side missions after you have finished the last request mission. 

• GTAKid667 and Jeansowaty like this

Naruko
  • Naruko

Naruko

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

The must things i don't like in gta 3 pc and ps2 and i hate it so much it's the peds and characters and the player models, all of these is buggy and the fingers is connected, and the cars don't have any 3d engine it's just a picture.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

I hated that once you killed Salvatore, you could never set foot in Portland again.

You can still hang around the docks ;)

My biggest problem is getting my car blown up while on my way to save the game

robbiesw5948
  • robbiesw5948

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

I really hate the fact that every gang hates you by the end of the game.
  • anthony.72 likes this

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

GTA universe resident since 2002

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

Ok, like many of you, my biggest complaint about GTA III is those utterly depictable mafiosis and their "instant kill" shotgun.

WTF R* ??!! Why you didn't fix that at least on the mobile version ?

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

The shotgun does 33 (33.3 actually) damage per shot, so you can survive 6 shots at most (assuming you have 100 Health and 100 Armor before you visit Saint Mark's), then you will be left with 1-2 health, though I haven't tested this so far myself, I got shot only 3 times, which is enough to make your armor disappear and let you with only 100 health. :sneaky:

A better way to avoid being shot on foot is to tap the jump button and they will not shoot you while you are jumping. Worked for me last time I visited Saint Mark's, I was shot down and then I was surrounded by 5 or so mafia guys and I decided to keep jumping until I reached the safehouse, none of them shot me while I was jumping. Hope this helps. :colgate:

anthony.72
  • anthony.72

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

I really hate the fact that every gang hates you by the end of the game.

YES! You can't go anywhere without being viciously attacked.  

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

@GTAguy1995

I didn't know about that trick, if it works : thank you cuz' it can became very usefull !

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

You're welcome. :)  Make sure you still have 100 health and armor before entering this area because I cannot guarantee that mafia will ignore you completely. Good luck. :^:

Captain Compton
  • Captain Compton

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet (only read 1 1/2 pages of posts), but there are a couple of things that made me want to PULL MY HAIR OUT after my last playthrough (just finished it a few hours ago).

1) The weakness of the cars. Barely bump into 2 or 3 cars and it's already smoking. Have fun doing those missions where the AI speeds at your vehicle at top speed and rams you!

2) The ridiculous requirements for some of the missions. I'm looking you right in your stupid inbred crossed eyes, Bait. One attempt for this mission took me 30 minutes and resulted in failure. I had to make sure the cars were actually following me and weren't getting stuck in walled areas. When I FINALLY managed to get them to follow me into the trap, we killed 2 of the cars, but one was trying to drive into the wall near the entrance. I blew the car up, but I failed the mission because I didn't get him into the area. That's when I rage quit and downloaded a save after that mission. That mission SUCKED.

3) The 4 songs on each radio station that play on a loop.

I'm sure I had more but it's escaping me right now.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet (only read 1 1/2 pages of posts), but there are a couple of things that made me want to PULL MY HAIR OUT after my last playthrough (just finished it a few hours ago).

1) The weakness of the cars. Barely bump into 2 or 3 cars and it's already smoking. Have fun doing those missions where the AI speeds at your vehicle at top speed and rams you!

2) The ridiculous requirements for some of the missions. I'm looking you right in your stupid inbred crossed eyes, Bait. One attempt for this mission took me 30 minutes and resulted in failure. I had to make sure the cars were actually following me and weren't getting stuck in walled areas. When I FINALLY managed to get them to follow me into the trap, we killed 2 of the cars, but one was trying to drive into the wall near the entrance. I blew the car up, but I failed the mission because I didn't get him into the area. That's when I rage quit and downloaded a save after that mission. That mission SUCKED.

3) The 4 songs on each radio station that play on a loop.

I'm sure I had more but it's escaping me right now.

I`m sure you will agree on me with at least one point   :lol: 

I will add few more things to my previous list i wrote above.

-annoying cops with all that yelling and agresive bumping into your car even at 1 star only

-annoying screaming voices of the peds when you shot a fire

Well i personally find this game neurotic and annoying ass hell, the whole atmosphere works perfect on f*cking my nerves up, all that crazy screaming, police sirens and car bumping that drives me crazy. Well car bumping wasn`t the issue only in GTA3 but in that game this feels more annoying because of the crap cars and their lightness so when you are bumped by some NPC`S car you go flying 2 blocks away. And when you`ve got like 3, 4 or 5 wanted stars then things go unrealisticly madd and you just fly around untill you explode in that f*cking car. Hell you can`t even bail out while moving so it`s a certain death. That`s why i`m saving my progress in GTA3 more than in any other game. 

I can remember one time when i was doing the mission "twoo faced tanner" when you got to chase that undercover cop and you gain 3 stars, hell i couldn`t drove even 100 metres without cops bumping me up so i was flying around like a f*cking doughnut untill i blew up in that car.

That sucks! Vehicles sucks big time in GTA 3 but if you look at game`s realease date than it`s kind of obvious that it couldn`t be much better. Well R* improved this things a little bit in VC altought the cars were not that brilliant in VC either. Thank god for SA which bringed us some normal vehicles with some standable handling.

Well i could number out at least 10 more things i hate in GTA 3 but that would look like i`m bitchin`. But then again it was a 1.st fully 3D GTA game so i can`t be so harsh on it.

sorry for misspelling, ¸*brought was i mean not bringed, lol

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I don't really hate anything in this game but some of the Rampages and Paramedic Level 12.  Both (in a way) are rigged to make 100% seem impossible and countless reloading and retrying is the only method of accomplishing these kinds of things.  No game to date is as hard as GTA III's Rampages (not all, but a good handful of them) and also the Paramedic Level 12.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

WHY.

Same here. They were meant to be WEAKENED after their leader was killed, not made STRONGER.

I agree. I hate that so much.

Kalerney
  • Kalerney

• Members
  • France

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Kalerney, 14 July 2014 - 05:58 PM.

@GTAguy1995

Thank you ;-) I occasionaly play this game on Android now, and I thought R* would have fixed this sh*t ... Such a shame they did not !

• GTAGuy1995 likes this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

That you stopped working for the Leone's, awesome gang. 

Was very let down by that.

Mega
  • Mega

And remember: respect is EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

But why would Claude work for someone who tried to kill him? I mean, he wanted money but I don't think he was THAT suicidal enough to do it.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

WHY.

I agree. I hate that so much.

That's why you collect BP vehicles so you can drive through St. Marks without a problem.  I got the AP/EC Stretch, AP Cheetah, AP Bobcat, BP/DP Patriot, BP/DP Barracks OL, BP/FP Trashmaster, and BP/FP Securicar in my collection, all 7 of these vehicles are BP and 3 of them are AP (Bulletproof, Damageproof, Explosionproof, Fireproof)

I think it's quite cool, actually how the gangs behave in GTA III.  Kinda unique as in every other GTA Game, the gangs are worthless and don't even leave a dent in your health/armor.  The Leone's carrying shotguns is pretty crazy as is the Columbians carrying AK-47's.  I like the chaos.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Why is everyone fanboying the Leone's so much...

• AdusPL likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

you`re right man, the gangs in 3D are too weak with an exception of Leone`s in GTA3, sharks in VCS when they are in vehicle.. Well cartels in GTA 3 have AK`s but their aiming is sh*tty so it`s nothing. Other than that they are just too weak and it is not as challenging for the player. I would like places full of heavy-duty gangs like sharks and leones, equipped with some serious artillery.

Oh and i forgot the most deadly gang, (if you consider them as a gang) a military around fort baxter in VC, they are f*cking serious. If you are in vicinity of fort baxter and you are not wearing cop uniform you are be wasted in less than a second.

Talking about real challenge to survive, those 3 are the only ones who posesse a real threat to the player while the others are just a f*cking joke.

• Militia and GTAGuy1995 like this

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

But why would Claude work for someone who tried to kill him? I mean, he wanted money but I don't think he was THAT suicidal enough to do it.

I realise that, obviously he had to stop working for them due the course of the story, I just didn't like being forced to stop working with them.

Harerama Chakraborty
  • Harerama Chakraborty

No Homie love? No Hug?

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Gangs shooting at me, especially the Leone Family, is actually fun. Just get the BP, EP and FP Cheetah from Turismo or the BP Patriot after "Marked Man" and you will realize what I mean. Flying the Dodo isn't such a sh*tty thing either. It is easy if you learn it. The only thing I hated is that there are no interiors in GTA 3 {except for a few}. And the Motorcycle "ban" was perhaps a lie. It's such a stupid reason. I think :r*: didn't plan 'em for the game, but they did not want to tell others for it. No more bad things to say... overall I think it's the best GTA :cool: .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users