Things you hate the most in GTA 3

233 replies to this topic
RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Crackhead

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

One thing that is kind of anoying in GTA 3 is that the columbian gangstrers seem to have limited vocabulary and once you are surrounded by them the only thing that you will hear is the sentence that goes like 'you want a chain bling bingo' or something like that.

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

I hate Leone mobs, especially ones with shotguns, cant hang out around St marks and other their territory.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Maybe that Asuka dies and Claude loses relations with the Yakuza, and the fact that he actually kills Kenji - and that the only thing Claude wants is money, loyalty doesn't mean sh*t to him and he doesn't make any friends almost.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

The fact that you cant swim and bail out of cars. So when i fall down the hill leading to portland beach and start heading to the water I cant do sh*t about it.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

I hate the car LANDSTALKER, it's the worst in GTA Series! Terrible car!!!!!!!
RazorRain I love the columbians talking, is one of the funniest things in the game lol.gif lol.gif The pedestrians of GTA III are the funniest! alien.gif
DimitriRUS yes, this is annoying, sometimes I just like to cruise around the city, and these shotguns don't let me pass in Saint Mark's angry.gif
Claude Speed. but Yakuza remains friends of Claude after the ending of the game but it's true, Claude only cares about money, he's a true mercenary suicidal.gif But I think he is friend of 8-Ball, if we could hang out like in GTA IV, I think he would hang out with 8-Ball.
silentsharklol yes this is horrible sad.gif

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

I think he care's more about revenge.
OT, I hate that there are no bike's in the game.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

I played Vice City before III, so the most annoying thing was the plane controls. Even having played the game for over half a year (and I acquired it in April 2010), I can't get used to the controls. In VC, SA & VCS these controls are MUCH easier.

But the most dumb thing for me was the explanation of bikes missing in the game: Maibatsu Corporation Bike Ban? Isn't it just over the top?

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Dec 20 2010, 23:39)
But the most dumb thing for me was the explanation of bikes missing in the game: Maibatsu Corporation Bike Ban? Isn't it just over the top?

That was the explanation the LCS manual gave us years later. It's meant to at-least explain a missing feature canonically, so the bikes in LCS make sense chronologically. They probably weren't there due to problems with the physics, engine, or even time constraints. Point is, GTA III was still something completely new to the genre, totally revolutionizing sandbox games as a whole.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Dec 21 2010, 02:36)
Claude Speed. but Yakuza remains friends of Claude after the ending of the game but it's true, Claude only cares about money, he's a true mercenary suicidal.gif But I think he is friend of 8-Ball, if we could hang out like in GTA IV, I think he would hang out with 8-Ball.

Yakuza remain neutral to Claude, they aren't friends. And 8 Ball rarely ever meets Claude so how can they be friends especially after the mob wants him dead?

The_Gardener
  • The_Gardener

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

I hate the fact that there are no bikes and also the fact that you can't jump out of moving vehicles.

Darkel2001
  • Darkel2001

Revolutionary

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (DimitriRUS @ Dec 19 2010, 17:59)
I hate Leone mobs, especially ones with shotguns, cant hang out around St marks and other their territory.

This. Thankfully, the Bullet-Proof Patriot comes in handy.
  • Indy007 likes this

RazorRain
  • RazorRain

Crackhead

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Darkel2001 @ Dec 22 2010, 03:00)

Yes but another thing that sucks is that the gangsters, mobs, triads can spot your car metres away and start firing. Other than using the bullet proof car there is a high probability of getting your car on fire when you cross a territory.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (RazorRain @ Dec 22 2010, 14:47)
QUOTE (Darkel2001 @ Dec 22 2010, 03:00)

Yes but another thing that sucks is that the gangsters, mobs, triads can spot your car metres away and start firing. Other than using the bullet proof car there is a high probability of getting your car on fire when you cross a territory.

This is something I love, and something that seems missing from later games, I loved that III made find new routes to places avoiding the hostile areas, made it feel the city fits into the storyline more

Ryan8.5
  • Ryan8.5

I like GTA

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

I hate Claude!!!!!!
  • Jeansowaty and Niplz444 like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

-Not being to jump out of vehicles. Very annoying.
-The lack of 360 game rotation. I hate this about VC too. Thank god SA introduced it.
-Claude being everyones' whipping boy.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:06 AM Edited by Claude Speed., 23 December 2010 - 12:08 AM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Dec 22 2010, 22:39)
-Claude being everyones' whipping boy.

I don't see that as a defect. He's a professional in my eyes, although I would have preferred he made more friends. It doesn't mean he's a wimp and can't make his own decisions. He was betrayed by his girlfriend, remember? Friendship doesn't mean sh*t to him anymore. All he wants is money, no matter whose life is at stake.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

About the territory thing, i was driving around saint marks one day, past salvs house and then suddenly my car blew up, with no sign of people shooting at me before, it was a ONE SHOT KILL. it really p*ssed me off haha

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Dec 23 2010, 11:06)
I don't see that as a defect. He's a professional in my eyes, although I would have preferred he made more friends. It doesn't mean he's a wimp and can't make his own decisions. He was betrayed by his girlfriend, remember? Friendship doesn't mean sh*t to him anymore. All he wants is money, no matter whose life is at stake.

I just wasn't a fan of it. Claude being silent didn't help much either. If R* gave him a distinct personalty I would've liked the GTA III story more. IMO the supporting characters made the story what it was more than Claude did.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I hated that once you killed Salvatore, you could never set foot in Portland again.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

The real danger zone is in Mafia territory. The other gangs in all the cities aren't really that dangerous.

I hate it too that you can't fully explore Portland anymore. It is my favorite island after all.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Police! AND TOO MUCH TRAFFIC! It's just as bad as in SA. VC doesn't have this problem.

Mumty
  • Mumty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

This is my first post biggrin.gif

I only discovered GTA since I downloaded it to my iPad.
The thing I hate most about it is that Portland, my Favourite island, is basically no go territory for me now, since all the gangs hate me there and the Mafia especially, they'll
just blow me up.

Only with the tank can I go there, and that takes forever considering its so slow.

alexmuranaka
  • alexmuranaka

Probably playing GTA5 now

• Members

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

those stupid gangs.
they shoot you down if they see you, thats the most annoying sh*t in the wrold angry.gif
yeah, lack of bikes and car bailing is stupid.
also, the fact rockstar didint put helicopters in the game or easy to fly planes(at least i know how to use the dodo)
they should make all building roofs solid and not buggy so we could land on a roof and shoot peds down!
also, shoreside vale should be bigger or have the tunnels opened and that would lead to a little small town.(thats why i use opentunnels mod)

Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

stamp collection

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (alexmuranaka @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 15:10)
those stupid gangs.
they shoot you down if they see you, thats the most annoying sh*t in the wrold angry.gif
yeah, lack of bikes and car bailing is stupid.
also, the fact rockstar didint put helicopters in the game or easy to fly planes(at least i know how to use the dodo)
they should make all building roofs solid and not buggy so we could land on a roof and shoot peds down!
also, shoreside vale should be bigger or have the tunnels opened and that would lead to a little small town.(thats why i use opentunnels mod)

There aren't even *flyable* planes in GTA IV, the explanation being the city is too small to really take advantage of it. I think this is the same reason they made the Dodo very difficult to fly, fact of the matter is it was never meant to take flight, they didn't want you to surpass the game's limits like that. I think from a design perspective making the city any bigger than what the story requires seems kind of pointless, the only reason the tunnel is there is to give the player a sense of Liberty being bigger than it really is.

I agree with you on gangs, though, a shame you can't fool them into thinking you're one of them by driving one of their cars similar to "Waka-Gahsira Wipeout!".

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Claude.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 17:12)
Claude.

Im assuming that was a direct troll towards Cidamelo. Don't be such an arse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cidamelo and she's actually really nice.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 07:40)
Claude.

Im assuming that was a direct troll towards Cidamelo. Don't be such an arse. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cidamelo and she's actually really nice.

Your assumption is wrong.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 20:49)
The real danger zone is in Mafia territory. The other gangs in all the cities aren't really that dangerous.

I hate it too that you can't fully explore Portland anymore. It is my favorite island after all.

Mafia and the other gang with the AK47s were the strongest.

OT: I hated that once you beat the game you couldn't even go around the city. Half of the city is danger zone.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Winter Wrap Up!

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 10:11)
Claude.

No, your assumption is wrong. Don't judge people, because how they behave on this forum, she is really nice, and I respect her very much, even though I like Tommy Vercetti more. Oh, and she has a medal.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 10:00)
QUOTE (MyDog @ Thursday, Aug 9 2012, 10:11)
Claude.

No, your assumption is wrong. Don't judge people, because how they behave on this forum, she is really nice, and I respect her very much, even though I like Tommy Vercetti more. Oh, and she has a medal.

So, basically, if I say that I don't like Claude that means I immediately insult cidamelo because she likes him?

And plus, I didn't assume anything so how can my assumption be wrong lol?
  • Bartleby and Jeansowaty like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users