• Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:11 PM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 18 December 2010 - 11:14 PM.

haha don't get me wrong here man, i'm not trying to take your topic down - it's a very good topic, and it appears very helpful.

I may have sounded a little... aggressive, but i was just asking a question smile.gif

You don't have to remove it if you don't want to though - my opinion is that it may deter some people from making a concept or seem a bit monopolistic, but it's your thread, and i don't have the right to tell you what to put in it tounge.gif

smile.gif

edit:
@Mokrie Dela, dude you need to f*cking chill out. I changed it now stop going into debate mode

*facepalm* I'm completely chilled out. I'm merely voicing my opinion, not attacking or being argumental at all. you can either consider my opinion, or ignore it completely as is your prerogative. smile.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Dec 18 2010, 18:53)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Dec 18 2010, 22:49)
Can I use Willy Valerio? I wanna make a DLC about him after getting done with all TKOTC missions.

I'll only let people claim a character if their topic is on the horizon...so when you are finished with TKOTC and are ready to post your topic about Willy then I'll mark it as taken.

Why make a new DLC? I think you should just make Willy the protagonist of TKOTC since Jason is a made up character anyway. It'd be killing two birds with one stone if you ask me.

That's what I would do, though I'm not making any DLC's. I suggest you try that.

@akavari112, This is a good idea for a topic. Certain members seem to be doing way too many DLC's with no guidance as to how they should be done. Good job.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Might i suggest some advice/guidelines on presentation ?

You've got the actual creation - story characters etc - just about covered but not much on how to make it look good.

I've seen one or two that's failed not due to lack of ideas, but to the lack of any presentation - just a wall of text.

Tips of getting banners - like requesting in the GFX forum for example...

And maybe a word to newbies, warning not to take other people's pics - most of us will say "well duh" but some people may not realise it's wrong (to use someone else's gun icon without permission for example - and then credit should be shown where due)

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Dec 18 2010, 23:28)
Might i suggest some advice/guidelines on presentation ?

You've got the actual creation - story characters etc - just about covered but not much on how to make it look good.

I've seen one or two that's failed not due to lack of ideas, but to the lack of any presentation - just a wall of text.

Tips of getting banners - like requesting in the GFX forum for example...

And maybe a word to newbies, warning not to take other people's pics - most of us will say "well duh" but some people may not realise it's wrong (to use someone else's gun icon without permission for example - and then credit should be shown where due)

I feel like Tommy covered that in his topic about creating concepts. The first thing in my op is a link to his guide so I wouldn't have to reiterate it here.

EDIT: Or at least I thought he did...I guess I'll start typing up a section now cryani.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

right . Fair enough smile.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

I added a small section for presentation...I think that wraps it up for now.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

icon14.gif That should certainly help some folk smile.gif

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Dec 18 2010, 23:03)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Dec 18 2010, 23:01)
one thing's confusing me, why is there an apparent rule that you can't use a character that's "taken" ?
Tbh anyone can make a concept with the protag being anyone - whether or not he's "taken" is irrelevant...

I agree on this a little bit. I don't really care if someone uses my protag as long as they don't make the story too similar.

Need I ask which one? Since you donīt have a protagonist that appears inside the actual story....

Hey, akavari, you can add me in the presentation section for the people you can contact for IV screenshots. colgate.gif

Prasdana
  • Prasdana

Mickey Hennigan, Jimmy Toreno, The Last Protagonist will rule t

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:18 AM

How about Jorge?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Dec 18 2010, 19:59)
QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Dec 18 2010, 23:03)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Dec 18 2010, 23:01)
one thing's confusing me, why is there an apparent rule that you can't use a character that's "taken" ?
Tbh anyone can make a concept with the protag being anyone - whether or not he's "taken" is irrelevant...

I agree on this a little bit. I don't really care if someone uses my protag as long as they don't make the story too similar.

Need I ask which one? Since you donīt have a protagonist that appears inside the actual story....

Hey, akavari, you can add me in the presentation section for the people you can contact for IV screenshots. colgate.gif

So you can get IV screenshots, huh? I'll be looking for you.........

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:32 AM Edited by LuisBellic, 19 December 2010 - 07:39 AM.

How about Dave Johnson

http://gta.wikia.com/Dave_Johnson

Maybe Wade "The Fixer" Johnson could be his father? And Dave works as an assasin for him. He gives those assasination missions to Niko.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:01 AM Edited by AceRay, 19 December 2010 - 08:03 AM.

hey, is a time travel DLC a good idea? It doesn't have any characters from GTA4, in fact its in a new era, but I think its a good idea. It would rule. You begin about 20 years in the future, and your character called Freddy wants to know why his father was killed when he was being born in the early 2010s So he uses a time machine to go back to the 2010, but its only a beta time machine, so he has to complete other eras first, from the 50s through to the 00s, but not in chronological order, like, one minute he's in the 70s, then he's in the 50s etc. he meets up with characters and he does missions for them, sometimes over different eras. The town he's in is basically a stereotype for whatever decade he's in ie if its 80s, its like vice, if its 90s, its like SA eg. I think its a very original and creative idea, and if you don't like it, f*ck you, I'm going to make it anyway. maybe not tomorrow, or the day after that, but it will happen. Hell it probably won't happen until January 8th, cause thats the day I get back from a massive 10 day jamboree, but you'd better be watching.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Dec 19 2010, 08:01)
hey, is a time travel DLC a good idea? It doesn't have any characters from GTA4, in fact its in a new era, but I think its a good idea. It would rule. You begin about 20 years in the future, and your character called Freddy wants to know why his father was killed when he was being born in the early 2010s So he uses a time machine to go back to the 2010, but its only a beta time machine, so he has to complete other eras first, from the 50s through to the 00s, but not in chronological order, like, one minute he's in the 70s, then he's in the 50s etc. he meets up with characters and he does missions for them, sometimes over different eras. The town he's in is basically a stereotype for whatever decade he's in ie if its 80s, its like vice, if its 90s, its like SA eg. I think its a very original and creative idea, and if you don't like it, f*ck you, I'm going to make it anyway. maybe not tomorrow, or the day after that, but it will happen. Hell it probably won't happen until January 8th, cause thats the day I get back from a massive 10 day jamboree, but you'd better be watching.

That sounds ok as a game idea, but it is so not GTA.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

tbh I'm not interested in these DLC ideas. but if anything a crossover featuring Mr Robina from VC or Joey Leone from III sounds better

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Nice work icon14.gif I'm making a DLC section for the creating a GTA concept thread.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Dec 19 2010, 04:01)

No offense dude, as I'm sure it would work for another game, but that is the most retarded idea for a GTA game I've ever heard/read/seen/anything. I think you'd be better off putting that in WD and not labeling it as GTA, because........ that doesn't even partially fit in with GTA, let alone more realistic GTA. That's like some Sci Fi sh*t, maybe a little voodoo. TBH, I don't even think that would fit into SA or GTA2. Or any GTA for that matter.

If you choose to post this here, I'll be waiting, right here, waiting for that topic to belly flop harder than a fat kid jumping off of a 50 foot diving board.

By the way, are you JoshGTAFreak by any chance? That dude always came up with some radical sh*t, and you do too. Like having a member of an emo band as the protagonist.

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

What about DeSean as a possible protagonist?

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Dec 19 2010, 19:42)

I don't think that would work. He's too involved with missions in TLAD.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Dec 19 2010, 19:44)

The dlc could take place before/after his TLAD appearances...

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Dec 19 2010, 19:56)

That can apply to any character, doesn't mean they should be featured in their own DLC. There could be a DLC where you play as Roman Bellic before Niko arrives to LC...

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Dec 19 2010, 20:00)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Dec 19 2010, 19:56)

That can apply to any character, doesn't mean they should be featured in their own DLC. There could be a DLC where you play as Roman Bellic before Niko arrives to LC...

Haha, I can imagine that. Titties and bowling all the time biggrin.gif
About DeSean, he was not featured on THAT many missions.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Dec 19 2010, 16:19)

No offense dude, as I'm sure it would work for another game, but that is the most retarded idea for a GTA game I've ever heard/read/seen/anything. I think you'd be better off putting that in WD and not labeling it as GTA, because........ that doesn't even partially fit in with GTA, let alone more realistic GTA. That's like some Sci Fi sh*t, maybe a little voodoo. TBH, I don't even think that would fit into SA or GTA2. Or any GTA for that matter.

If you choose to post this here, I'll be waiting, right here, waiting for that topic to belly flop harder than a fat kid jumping off of a 50 foot diving board.

By the way, are you JoshGTAFreak by any chance? That dude always came up with some radical sh*t, and you do too. Like having a member of an emo band as the protagonist.

at the end of the DLC, it turns out he was on drugs the whole time. Shame

And I have eyes too, so I'll be watching you watching me hoping it will fail but it turns into the most awesome sauce thing ever.

and emo band protagonist? that sounds Awesome with a capital A.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Dec 19 2010, 22:41)

And I have eyes too, so I'll be watching you watching me hoping it will fail but it turns into the most awesome sauce thing ever.

Sounds like the butchered US version of Life on Mars!

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

don't worry, you'll be able to switch between eras at any point, exploring each decade at a time.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Dec 19 2010, 18:41)

So, PBM or what? Because this is definitely JoshGTAFreak. I don't know if you just like playing devil's advocate involving GTA ideas, but it ain't working. Your best bet is to just go with the flow, man.

And we shot that emo band idea down pretty quickly. What makes you think time travel would last? AT least emo bands are real. Time travel doesn't even exist.

I honestly think you need to cut your dealer the f*ck off. Because either him, or one of those bastards above him is putting sh*t in your green. Either get some better sh*t, at least some mid; or grow the damn sh*t yourself. It doesn't have to be kush or dro or anything. But somebody is selling you dogsh*t in a bag.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:24 AM

Hahaha an emo protagonist biggrin.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Dec 19 2010, 22:22)
So, PBM or what? Because this is definitely JoshGTAFreak. I don't know if you just like playing devil's advocate involving GTA ideas, but it ain't working. Your best bet is to just go with the flow, man.

And we shot that emo band idea down pretty quickly. What makes you think time travel would last? AT least emo bands are real. Time travel doesn't even exist.

I honestly think you need to cut your dealer the f*ck off. Because either him, or one of those bastards above him is putting sh*t in your green. Either get some better sh*t, at least some mid; or grow the damn sh*t yourself. It doesn't have to be kush or dro or anything. But somebody is selling you dogsh*t in a bag.

Lose the sh*tty attitude man.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

thanks for the positive encouragement guys :|

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:21 AM

I'm making a DLC prequel to CTW, any suggestions guys?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (NickRad @ Dec 20 2010, 01:21)
I'm making a DLC prequel to CTW, any suggestions guys?

Yeah, don't name it after a movie, I feel it shows lack of originality to blatantly rip off a movie title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users