Photo

GTA IV Complete Edition (PS3 version)

64 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

I very recently part exchanged and traded in my copy of GTA IV: Episodes of Liberty City for GTA IV : The Complete Edition for the PS3. I thought it was better to have the original game + the episodes all on one disc. Does anyone else on here own the Complete Edition on the PS3 ?

I'm asking simply because I have noticed a difference in graphics between the original GTA IV game released in 2008 on the PS3 and the original GTA IV game on the Complete Edition released on the PS3 earlier this year. The Complete Edition version seems to have slightly better graphics than the 2008 version. The 2008 version had a bit too much blurriness in the distance, but the Complete Edition version has less blurriness. Plus, the Complete Edition's graphics looks more detailed and more polished than the graphics in the 2008 version.

Has anyone else noticed this difference ?

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

well that's cool. but aren't vanilla and eflc still dividedin 2 discs? i watched some dude opening his complete edition on youtube. correct me if I'm wrong.

about the graphics:

i see the difference between vanilla and eflc, especially TBOGT appears to have the most beautiful and detailed graphics to me.
would be nice if vanilla has these graphics nowdays, too.

Morsaw
  • Morsaw

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

[/QUOTE]well that's cool. but aren't vanilla and eflc still dividedin 2 discs? i watched some dude opening his complete edition on youtube. correct me if I'm wrong.
The PS3 Version is 3 in one, due to the fact that Blu-Ray has a bigger capacity compared to Xbox 360 HD Disk.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

I was wondering can you load a save file from a different episode without having to quit the game and select it?

TheTomster
  • TheTomster

What the Chooch?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

My cousin owns the complete edition. He probably hasn't noticed this, as he traded in his original back in late 2008. And I'm not of much help, because I own the PC version, and totally modded the look of the game, so it's no basis of comparison. Good to hear that it may be more polished though. It might however just be a placebo effect.

PADDYMCG
  • PADDYMCG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Linki @ Dec 22 2010, 00:36)
I was wondering can you load a save file from a different episode without having to quit the game and select it?

yes you can, press start and go over to game click load and pick which episode you want to load.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (PADDYMCG @ Dec 22 2010, 18:05)
QUOTE (Linki @ Dec 22 2010, 00:36)

yes you can, press start and go over to game click load and pick which episode you want to load.

Now I can spit some knowledge since I visited a game stop today and traded in my EFLC and vanilla for the complete edition.

FACTS:
If you start or load a game in VANILLA and want to switch to TLAD or TBOGT you HAVE TO LEAVE/QUIT THE GAME , start the game again and select your episode.

In TLAD you can load a file from TBOGT and vice versa but still, the regular LOADING SCREEN (ARTWORK OF TONY, GRACIE, MORI, etc.) comes up first.

PRO

You have all three games on one disc.

and that's it. nothing more.

CONTRA

You have NO INFO on the radio stations or the cast in the booklet , the front cover just shows a picture of Niko Bellic at the Broker train station, the "fun fair" in the back, wearing sunglasses, a jeans from modo and the golden flight jacket from the russian shop.

The map of Liberty City is the map from EFLC and doesn't show the clothing stores f.e.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

The Complete Edition's version of the original GTA IV game does actually look a little bit better than the 2008 version of GTA IV, I can vouch for this. Its looks slightly more polished and fresher and it contains slightly less blur. Its not a great improvement, but it is definitely noticeable.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Dec 23 2010, 04:18)
The Complete Edition's version of the original GTA IV game does actually look a little bit better than the 2008 version of GTA IV, I can vouch for this. Its looks slightly more polished and fresher and it contains slightly less blur. Its not a great improvement, but it is definitely noticeable.

and that's the thing I forgot in my last post.
honestly, I would want this. Someone mentioned a placebo effect. and I think he is correct.

I played vanilla the last weeks. and now I just traded my vanilla and eflc for the complete edition.
in Gta 4 I started where I saved the last time and I have to say:

the graphics are NOT better

Despite they're great already, I wish they would have polished them a bit. I can't see an improvement. And the booklet is definitely a step backwards. the map too.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ Dec 23 2010, 07:22)
QUOTE (Official General @ Dec 23 2010, 04:18)

and that's the thing I forgot in my last post.
honestly, I would want this. Someone mentioned a placebo effect. and I think he is correct.

I played vanilla the last weeks. and now I just traded my vanilla and eflc for the complete edition.
in Gta 4 I started where I saved the last time and I have to say:

the graphics are NOT better

Despite they're great already, I wish they would have polished them a bit. I can't see an improvement. And the booklet is definitely a step backwards. the map too.

@ junkpile

Well I disagree with you. My eyes see what yours does not. Plus I did not say the graphics were a great deal better, I just said that there is a slight improvement. The 2008 version of GTA IV had a lot of blurriness in the background, in the Complete Edition version it is still there, but not as strong and the graphics are slightly more polished. When I first played the Complete Edition on my PS3, there was a notice telling me I need an to download an update on this version of GTA IV, which I did. maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. But whatever the case, I'm still sticking to my view that the Complete Edition of GTA IV looks slightly, and ONLY slightly better than the 2008 version.

Ferddy987
  • Ferddy987

A social experiment gone wrong.

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

It's basically the same game. But TBOGT lags more for me. :|

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Ferddy987 @ Dec 23 2010, 13:52)

Some people on here are real stupid sometimes.

Of course ITS SAME DAMN GAME !! I'm just saying that the Complete Edition version of GTA IV has SLIGHTLY, just SLIGHTLY better graphics and less blurrier background visual effects than original 2008 version of GTA IV. Its nothing revolutionary or ground-breaking, its just a slight improvement thats a little noticeable.

I know its the same game, DUH!

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

hey general, good for you if you see something I can't see. To me, the graphics aren't better, not even slightly.
I got what I want, all three games on one disc.

and hey, is there an official annoucement that Rockstar improved anything? honestly, I'm not against them and don't wanna start an argument, but the complete edition just got thrown together with no love.

it's good they did this complete edition, even for less money. most people that buy gta 4 nowadays would buy both games I think which means more people can join each multiplayer.

about "no love"...there isn't anything, is there? wow, a picture of Joni, Gracie and Lola...and Niko in random binco clothes...

no need to insult Ferdy, he spits the truth...it's the same game, no better or slightly improved graphics. can only repeat myself, good for you that you actually see a difference.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:42 PM

I decided to get this for my GTA collection. I did notice the difference in vanilla. It seemed more clearer.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (JasonAW @ Dec 30 2010, 17:42)
I decided to get this for my GTA collection. I did notice the difference in vanilla. It seemed more clearer.

@ JasonAW

Thank you for your input, I'm glad that you too were able to notice the slight graphical differences between the Complete Edition and 2008 versions of GTA IV. At least someone on here can see what I see !

If one looks closely again at the Complete Edition of GTA IV, it just seems a tad bit more clearer and polished than the original 2008 version. It is not immediately noticeable at first, so it is understandable why others may not see this difference. But as you have already seen for yourself, there is definitely a slight difference - Complete Edition version of GTA IV most certainly does appear to have slightly improved visuals.

@ junkpile

Rockstar made no official announcement of this improvement in the Complete Edition of GTA IV, simply because its not that great a difference to the original 2008 version. The difference is only a slight difference, so maybe thats why Rockstar did'nt bother to make any official announcements regarding this. Plus lets face it, GTA IV is a kinda old now, Rockstar have no real incentive to be still officially announcing improvements on a game thats nearly four years old.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Dec 31 2010, 05:56)
a game thats nearly four years old.

What? GTA IV came out in april 2008, so in fact it is not even three years old.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Dec 23 2010, 14:16)

Of course ITS SAME DAMN GAME !! I'm just saying that the Complete Edition version of GTA IV has SLIGHTLY, just SLIGHTLY better graphics and less blurrier background visual effects than original 2008 version of GTA IV. Its nothing revolutionary or ground-breaking, its just a slight improvement thats a little noticeable.

Ever heard of the Placebo effect? I think that's what you're seeing.

Tech wise, GTA IV on TCE is the exact same "ISO" as the normal GTA IV, just with the latest patch pre-installed, it contains the exact same "ISO" as EFLC, only thing new is a new menu to bridge the two and give the player a choice of which one they want to play.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Official General - Would you say that is is as cleaned and polished as TBOGT? or not as much i can't picture it as i don't have it bassically.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Dec 31 2010, 14:39)

Tech wise, GTA IV on TCE is the exact same "ISO" as the normal GTA IV, just with the latest patch pre-installed, it contains the exact same "ISO" as EFLC, only thing new is a new menu to bridge the two and give the player a choice of which one they want to play.

word.

Ferddy987
  • Ferddy987

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

You need to chill.

Take some pain killers.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:08 AM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2011 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Dec 31 2010, 14:39)

@ Ash_735

I don't know anything about the Placebo effect and I'm sure it sounds like some very interesting theory. Not to meaning to be rude, but I have no interest in learning more about it, or finding out what it is.

But I can tell you this for sure - I'm not delusional, I am not hallucinating and just seeing things, and I am not simply dreaming stuff up in my head. I am a great admirer of nice graphics and visuals in a video game. I have a very sharp eye for graphics in video games, I study these things very closely when something catches my attention. I know what I've seen, and my eyesight is perfectly healthy so far. From what I can see, the Complete Edition version of GTA IV has slightly better graphics than the original 2008 version. The Complete Edition version definitely has a slightly reduced amount of blurriness in the background effects and it looks a little bit clearer, and thats it. Its a slight difference thats only noticeable when looked at very closely. Nothing else really.

If you don't believe me, thats fine, but I have both versions on my PS3 and I have noticed the difference myself. I don't need you and others telling me what I've seen. If you don't agree with what I've said then thats fine, just say that, but don't be telling me what I've seen, when I'm the one that is in the best position know what I've seen. Its not a big deal, I was just asking anyone if they noticed these differences, I was not asking for an assessment of my eyesight. If you notice the differences, then thats great you see what I see, if not then fine, its your opinion. This was just a query to know what others have experienced thats all.

You don't all have to believe me, I just wanna know if anyone has experienced what I have.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:40 AM

It does look better. I could tell too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Jan 1 2011, 04:08)
You don't all have to believe me, I just wanna know if anyone has experienced what I have.

And that's why I brought up the Placebo effect. Look mate, Tech wise, there is no difference between GTA IV on its own and GTA IV on The Complete Edition, they are the SAME FILES. The Disc also contains the exact same file from EFLC to, as I said earlier, the only new content is a menu to bridge the games.

I'll explain it briefly for you, The Placebo effect is feeling/tasting/seeing, etc something that isn't there, but because you believe it to be THAT Much, to you, you do end up seeing a difference. It's like a trick of the brain, Doctors used it all the times during the early years, one example being curing sailors of seas sickness by convincing them if they ate an Orange, they would be cured and feel less sick on sea, and they drummed that point THAT much that the patients believed it and it did actually start to work. It's all a mental game.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Jan 1 2011, 04:46)

And that's why I brought up the Placebo effect. Look mate, Tech wise, there is no difference between GTA IV on its own and GTA IV on The Complete Edition, they are the SAME FILES. The Disc also contains the exact same file from EFLC to, as I said earlier, the only new content is a menu to bridge the games.

I'll explain it briefly for you, The Placebo effect is feeling/tasting/seeing, etc something that isn't there, but because you believe it to be THAT Much, to you, you do end up seeing a difference. It's like a trick of the brain, Doctors used it all the times during the early years, one example being curing sailors of seas sickness by convincing them if they ate an Orange, they would be cured and feel less sick on sea, and they drummed that point THAT much that the patients believed it and it did actually start to work. It's all a mental game.

I did politely tell you before that I was not interested in your stupid placebo effect theories on this subject. You clearly ignored everything I have said and just repeated what you have said earlier, so its pointless continuing this debate with you.

Others on here have seen and said the same thing as me, so at least I know I'm not the only one. But then again in your view, I suppose they all too, like me, are just simply seeing the plaecbo effect aswell.

Look bro, I'm not gonna turn this into argument. I know what I've seen and my view still does not change, you can explain this placebo effect theory again a million times over if you want. Either you agree with me or you dont. You obviously don't agree with me, so you should just end it there.

Ferddy987
  • Ferddy987

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Jan 1 2011, 05:46)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Jan 1 2011, 04:46)

I did politely tell you before that I was not interested in your stupid placebo effect theories on this subject. You clearly ignored everything I have said and just repeated what you have said earlier, so its pointless continuing this debate with you.

Others on here have seen and said the same thing as me, so at least I know I'm not the only one. But then again in your view, I suppose they all too, like me, are just simply seeing the plaecbo effect aswell.

Look bro, I'm not gonna turn this into argument. I know what I've seen and my view still does not change, you can explain this placebo effect theory again a million times over if you want. Either you agree with me or you dont. You obviously don't agree with me, so you should just end it there.

It's like, North Korea over here.

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

If the graphics are slightly better, which means, they're slightly worse in the regular GTA 4, what do people see when both games meet online?

someone sees sh*ttier graphics than the other one from the same console?

whatever, I still don't see a difference.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:23 PM Edited by Official General, 01 January 2011 - 09:27 PM.

QUOTE (junkpile @ Jan 1 2011, 16:41)
If the graphics are slightly better, which means, they're slightly worse in the regular GTA 4, what do people see when both games meet online?

@ junkpile

I suppose the game will look as it does online, according to which version you are playing. I did say that it was only a slight difference, damn why is it so hard for you to believe ? Its not really that significant a difference to notice the improvement straight away.

But hey, if you can't see the difference, then I accept your personal opinion that you can't. I and others know that there is a slight difference because we have noticed it ourselves.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

I have the complete edition for the PS3 as well as the original Grand Theft Auto IV itself, but I didn't really notice any difference in graphics.

Ferddy987
  • Ferddy987

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Jan 1 2011, 21:23)

@ junkpile

I suppose the game will look as it does online, according to which version you are playing. I did say that it was only a slight difference, damn why is it so hard for you to believe ? Its not really that significant a difference to notice the improvement straight away.

But hey, if you can't see the difference, then I accept your personal opinion that you can't. I and others know that there is a slight difference because we have noticed it ourselves.

It's the same game. Is that so hard for you to understand? There's no difference.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:51 PM Edited by Official General, 02 January 2011 - 05:11 PM.

QUOTE (Ferddy987 @ Jan 2 2011, 15:26)
QUOTE (Official General @ Jan 1 2011, 21:23)

@ junkpile

It's the same game. Is that so hard for you to understand? There's no difference.

@ Ferddy

Of course its the same game. But that was not the subject or issue of this topic. I'm pretty sure you know this already.

I said there was a slight difference in graphics between the two versions, with Complete Edition looking a little bit better than the original. I would like you stop telling me the same thing over again, as I really don't like having to repeat myself with the same responses. This is the second time you have said to me "its the same game", so why do you feel the need to tell me this again ? I heard you the first time, but I'm still sticking with what I've said. You cannot and will not change my view - my conclusions are backed up by my own first-hand experiences and physical evidence. So there is no point in trying to tell me anything otherwise. Like I've said to the rest like you, either you agree with me or you don't.

We can all express our own views, not agree with each other - but we can still respect each others opinions. If you can follow something as simple as that, then I will respect your opinion and you should respect mine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users