Photo

Tomb Raider

137 replies to this topic
Itachi Uchiha
  • Itachi Uchiha

Let's Rock

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hey all i always was a fan of tomb raider games i finished all tomb raider game's know im waiting for

THIS TOMB RAIDER

http://www.thegeekge...ider-reboot.jpg

Yes it's a reboot im waiting for this game what you guys think?

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

it looks awesome, TR really needs a reboot.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

user posted image

CODE
[img]http://site.video-game-central.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/game_informer_tomb_raider_reboot_cover-500x295.jpg[/img]

I wasn't entirely convinced but the article in last months Game Informer had some pretty convincing pics and info that's making this reboot look a lot more like something new and fun.

It's looking a lot more like Uncharted now which is only fair since Uncharted owes a large part of it's success to games like Tomb Raider for blazing the trail.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hell yeah, Tomb Raider was epic back in the day!

Cannot wait for this reboot.

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Tomb Raider has always been a game I've enjoyed to play. I've played all the ones that came out on Wii through and then some of the very first ones on PC. This one looks fantastic.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

This is great news Tomb Raider was a good game back in the day and the real life Laura Croft is fit as well lol. Sounds promising though and cant wait to see more from this game i just hope it lives up to the old ones.

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

i am very happy about the game smile.gif

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

As if anyone gives a sh*t about TR nowadays? I never really like the game and the only attraction is just a girl with a rack doing jumps all day. They might as well let Angelina Jolie to cast as Lara Croft and let the game go to gaming hell. What a waste of a topic!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

its not as if the last TR was a million years ago but this looks awesome.

TheScorpion
  • TheScorpion

Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't sh*t...

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:18 AM Edited by TheScorpion, 20 December 2010 - 05:09 PM.

QUOTE (Little William @ Dec 20 2010, 09:03)
As if anyone gives a sh*t about TR nowadays? I never really like the game and the only attraction is just a girl with a rack doing jumps all day. They might as well let Angelina Jolie to cast as Lara Croft and let the game go to gaming hell. What a waste of a topic!

I for one, do give a sh*t about TR, as well as many others in this topic. If you have nothing worthy to say other than how you hate the game then why don't you just stay out of it, no one told you to come in here.

Can't wait for this, good to hear about there being a fresh reboot, although I didn't see that much wrong with the latest installments.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

I've heard that this is going to be free roam on a Japenese island, and to unlock new areas she'll need to learn new skills or aquire new equipment

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

"Inspired by Uncharted". WTF? It's Uncharted series which inspired by Tomb Raider. It'd be nice to see a reboot but as an action/adventure game, not TPS.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Little William @ Dec 20 2010, 10:03)

Am sure alot of people are just joking when they say how fit Lara Croft is... dozingoff.gif

I've always loved the TR series, yet I have yet to complete a single one of them, lol. Would be great to see a new one come out soon, but I just hope they don't change it that much.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Was looking at screenshots in a magazine today and can't help but miss the old sex symbol Lara with the big gonzagas already. confused.gif

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Those polygon titties looked comical anyway.

At least now it looks like an actual, serious game. Instead of babbies first masturbation material.

Although, it would be cool if they made fun of that and gave her titty inflating power-ups. Make it kinda like NMH2, and make fun of the game itself, even.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

I thought the last Tomb Raider game was awful but the old one's were brilliant. I hope It's a big improvement.

gam3r4life
  • gam3r4life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

Geeez! I am so excited about this! Lara. Looks. Amazing! I saw a youtube video featuring magazine scans, and from what I could read of the storyline and the settings, (not to mention Lara's brilliant overhaul!)... well, this is gonna kick major ass.

P.S. Just think back to Lara in TR1; she has come a lonnng way from the "pyramid breast" days. tounge2.gif She is truly an iconic figure, and I'm glad that she's getting the quality design that she deserves.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

AUTUMN 2012??? cry.gif nervous.gif

I expected the game this september lol.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:38 AM Edited by Robinski, 03 June 2011 - 10:22 AM.

Haven't played a real TR game in a long time, but I picked up Guardian of Light a while back and that was pretty fun and got me interested in the franchise again. Some of the art they've produced for it has been pretty cool so far:
user posted image
user posted image

E: Trailer looks amazing. Hope we can get something a fraction as visually stunning as that in the actual game.
E2: No more Keeley Hawes as Lara? Weak.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Finally, she's back with a new and good-looking face.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

Rebooted Lara looks a lot better than the old one. Strange because rebooted characters are usually more idiotic. She actually looks realistic this time. She still has big boobs, but in a realistic way. I'd play with them if possible.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

Am I the only who thinks that TR 2012 graphics isn't better than it was in TR Underworld (PC at least)?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

So Lara can use her "survival instinct" to highlight stuff she needs to get past the level. In other words the game thinks you're retarded, and it's holding your hand all the way through. What the f*ck happened with games where you had to figure sh*t out on your own?

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

While Lara looks good and fresh, the gameplay they showed was not gameplay at all, now I shouldn't judge before it comes out, but I do believe they would be better off just making a CGI movie with QTE's, where someone needs to waggle their TV remotes to advance to the next scene.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

I wonder how long will it take for humanity to learn that QTE is bullsh*t. Just how many reviews one must read to come to a conclusion that every time under "cons" QTE will be listed?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

TR is a survival horror now. Great. If they ran out of ideas then they should better remake all old school TR games.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

The reboot for tomb raider never had a topic as shown when i did the search. So i thought i would make one.

user posted image

The game reboots lara and her origin story.

Also it was to be released fall 2012, but sadly they announced today 5/14/2012, that its been delayed into early 2013: http://officialtombr...s-to-2013-hello

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

This topic was made way back in 2010, when the game first got announced, and has some articles and videos contained within it. As I said back then, I believe this should be a great game, but only if they do it right. The positive side to this is the fact that they don't exactly have any reason to be rushing the game out, so hopefully this means it will be a great reboot, and something that the series needs. I'm looking forward to it.

Just wait for Vanja and Street Mix to see this topic and add their view. wink.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Tomb Raider is one of the only series I can say I've played all the way through, though I do admit the last one I played was Legend and that was a pretty damn good reboot as well. Lara Croft in a dinner dress? Ar-ruff.

That said, this looks even grittier from the get-go. Was Legend even considered a reboot though?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users