Photo

Cheat Code Topic (+ More)

80 replies to this topic
killerrob
  • killerrob

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Okay, so we all know GTA 4 had amazing cheat codes. But we also know SA had nearly 100 f*cking astounding cheats.

So what do you think would be a better game? Well I know that the lag of weapons and cheat codes was mainly to make sure gamer focus on storyline instead of game play. But tons of people were mad because of the lack of them, so with the combination of them, it could sell more and be a better game.

So think about it. If we had the cheat codes from SA, AND the crime level (each cheat code = -1 point).

Besides, a crime level would inspire people to focus on storyline (or mainly, crimes) But that adds some more anuj_cop.gif

More cops, like, 8-star instead of 6-star, and they start shooting at 3 stars instead of 2.

But take a look at mods. If we have cheat codes like that, wouldn't it be great?

cannow
  • cannow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

I hope that they don't pull an RDR in where if we cheat, the game will no longer save. And that game had some pretty bad-ass cheats.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

why not? not everyone has to use them.

looking back at SA, i am really in awe at some of the cheats they had. i only had the opportunity to play the game a couple times at a friend's place, as it had just come out, and then I soon finished college and moved overseas for some years where I didn't even have a television or a decent computer. so my SA experience is pretty much limited to YouTube... but my favorite cheats that I've seen are:

Increased and decreased gravity.
Superman.
Jetpack.

I say include as many cheats as possible for gtaNext. I will just have to restrain myself from using them in order to help myself complete missions. Too often in IV i became frustrated with a mission and would just use a cheat to help me complete it. I later regretted it and then played the game a 2nd time through without using any cheats and it was way more satisfying, and, in a way, more fun.

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

I really hope R* doesn't do the same with V in terms of cheats in RDR, that made it so boring

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Dec 17 2010, 08:13)
Superman.
Jetpack.

The first two do not exist: They are simply mods put into the game.

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

What is wrong with the RDR thing, since when did GTA ever become difficult.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Dec 18 2010, 21:41)
Superman.
Jetpack.

ok.

killerrob
  • killerrob

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Dec 18 2010, 23:18)
Superman.
Jetpack.

ok.

I only wish there was a built in superman cheat....

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

you CAN save with cheats in RDR - they patched it.

I'd like some game-mode-changing cheats - like a "berserk" mode - invincibility, or invulnerability, increased strength and speed.

Driver PL had a cheat i loved : Bodysnatchers - hit a ped and you become that ped. That would be sweet tounge.gif

and invisibility cheat (so peds can't see you), would be cool.

How about a nuke cheat?

Grenades will take down an entire city block, and molotovs will burn an entire block too...?

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Or a cheat for Katana...and you could dismember ppl with that weapon. Or slice cars in half.

Only available from this cheat.

killerrob
  • killerrob

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Anasterian @ Dec 19 2010, 11:28)
Or a cheat for Katana...and you could dismember ppl with that weapon. Or slice cars in half.

Only available from this cheat.

Cheat only weapons would suck (Unless they are really stupid stuff)

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

I honestly would not mind being able to utilize this many cheats in the next GTA i mean SA had a lot of cheats but there could be more i thought GTA IV would astound us with the ammount of cheats (It did this to me but in the wrong way) No pedestrians riot cheat, no giving random people weapons, no flying cars, no invinciblity, no vehicle of death, no Tank, no superman, no giant cars, no bounty on are head cheat, No unlimited sprint, no invisible cars, No replace weapons outfit or theme. Maybe they will get it right next time at least i hope they do since ever since the III era GTA has been known for its crazy cheats.

Morsaw
  • Morsaw

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

I think they shouldnt put a Money cheat, it just takes away dedication and the whole work your way to the top thing. But I would really like it if they had a No Cops cheat, sometimes I just wanna role play and just because I do one little retarded thing I got cops after me.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

Even though I like to play through GTAs without cheats now, I was dissapointed at how GTA IV lacked the "fun" cheats (TBOGT gave us two good ones though). I wanted to drive an Infernus on the water, cause pedestrians to kill each other (riot), and fly a Tug only to slam it into Star Junction.

killerrob
  • killerrob

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Dec 19 2010, 18:10)
Even though I like to play through GTAs without cheats now, I was dissapointed at how GTA IV lacked the "fun" cheats (TBOGT gave us two good ones though). I wanted to drive an Infernus on the water, cause pedestrians to kill each other (riot), and fly a Tug only to slam it into Star Junction.

icon14.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (killerrob @ Dec 19 2010, 19:32)
Even though I like to play through GTAs without cheats now, I was dissapointed at how GTA IV lacked the "fun" cheats (TBOGT gave us two good ones though).  I wanted to drive an Infernus on the water, cause pedestrians to kill each other (riot), and fly a Tug only to slam it into Star Junction.

icon14.gif

oh man, a "liberty City Survivor" cheat is a must - all peds have guns and all peds attack everyone.

EPIC times in III with that!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (killerrob @ Dec 19 2010, 15:32)
Even though I like to play through GTAs without cheats now, I was dissapointed at how GTA IV lacked the "fun" cheats (TBOGT gave us two good ones though).  I wanted to drive an Infernus on the water, cause pedestrians to kill each other (riot), and fly a Tug only to slam it into Star Junction.

icon14.gif

Please post something more substantial then a single smiley. It's nothing more then spam.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

most of these cheats would be awesome my ideas are really advanced weapons and toy weapons like lazer tag guns, paintball guns, air rifles and airsoft guns. there shoul also be that if there are more stars like 10 stars you go to prison and u can break out.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

I hate cheats. Since I was a kid and started playing video games on PC (well I was a teenager by then) I just cheated my way through the games, and you know that's no pleasure. Now I don't like cheats, no matter how 'cool' they are.

No cheats for me, but a modding support would be sweet...look at Fallout 3 for example; million of copies are sold nowadays even if the game's old, because the dudes who made it were smart, and fully supported modding! Same with Max Payne 2, not such a popular game now, but it's still alive.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

I would like to again utilise a whole load of cheats in the next Grand Theft Auto game. Grand Theft Auto IV had barely any cheats (which was both good, because of the realistic nature of the game, and bad because you where left quickly with nothing to do after you complete the storyline) and a heap of cheats extend the gameplay value in my opinion of any game, including GTA.

Cheats I'd like to see in the next Grand Theft Auto game would have to include a "Pedestrians Riot" cheat (a cheat code that has been in every III-era Grand Theft Auto game) and a "Pedestrians Have Weapons" cheat. Also, a "Pedestrians Attack" code would be nice too to challenge the player. It is unfortunate that those three cheats weren't included in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Cheat weapons sound interesting also! tounge.gif

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:09 PM Edited by drscot, 22 December 2010 - 05:35 PM.

Superman.
Jetpack.

ok.

but they could become cheats in GTA: V!

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (drscot @ Dec 22 2010, 14:09)
Superman.
Jetpack.

ok.

but they could become cheats in GTA: V! isn't this the point in the topic?

He said that those were his favorite cheats in San Andreas, that he saw them in YouTube videos. wink.gif

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

We definitely need cheats like super punch and explosive sniper from BOGT. I had a lot of fun with these combined with parachute, buzzard, sticky bombs and rooftops...

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

What about a cheat to get the Infernos?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (GTA 360 @ Dec 22 2010, 19:45)
What about a cheat to get the Infernos?

I think in GTA4, it was unfair how we only cheats for certain cars. I think it would have been better if there was a cheat code for ALL cars. If I want that Vulcar/Hakumai (rare cars) god dammit I want it somehow. I mean, I got the achievements, I want to play!!!

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

They need a pedestrians war cheat where they all have weapons and shoot the hell out of eachother, or just you. I loved doing that in the III era, and it's like that guy before mentioned, peds have weapons + peds riot or whatever.

That would be really fun and adrenaline packed.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (The Lolwut Pear @ Dec 22 2010, 15:28)
QUOTE (drscot @ Dec 22 2010, 14:09)
Superman.
Jetpack.

ok.

but they could become cheats in GTA: V! isn't this the point in the topic?

He said that those were his favorite cheats in San Andreas, that he saw them in YouTube videos. wink.gif

'tis true. Sadly, my San Andreas experience stems largely from YouTube and very little playing time sad.gif

I think the classic cheats are a must (weapons, health/armor restoration, lose wanted level) and apart from those, I feel like anything else is an added bonus. I find myself never using cheats for automobiles or helis, because it's way more satisfying after having acquired them myself (Flying the Apache helicopter was just that much sweeter after I drove all the way to the f*cking airport to get it).

Also, I think it'd be awesome to have cheats for certain natural disasters. Just imagine activating a cheat and then a massive tidal wave sweeps through the inner-city streets with all things, vehicles, and people hurled into an abyss of water that eventually settles and then chaos ensues (as if the Peds Riot cheat is also part of it). Same goes for Earthquakes, where some buildings around you would crumble, cars fall into huge crevices where the street used to be, trees are uprooted, and of course chaos ensues! And a tornado would be ace..try to avoid it before it slings you (and your vehicle, too) like a rag doll into the side of a building.

Cheats that would be awesome:
- Jetpack
- Peds riot
- Explosive sniper
- Natural disasters

Bobby_Williams
  • Bobby_Williams

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

They need over 100 cheat codes,its impossible to complete a gta game without them,(un realistic missions: 10k people shooting at you at one time) - It only takes 1 or 2 people.

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:46 PM Edited by The_Mario_Man, 04 January 2011 - 03:04 AM.

QUOTE (Bobby_Williams @ Jan 3 2011, 17:07)
They need over 100 cheat codes,its impossible to complete a gta game without them,(un realistic missions: 10k people shooting at you at one time) - It only takes 1 or 2 people.

...I've managed to beat every GTA game's story missions without using codes... I believe it was a requirement to get 100% in most of them. It isn't that hard of a game.

Anyway, pedestrian riot + pedestrians have weapons is a must. But only if it brings back the level of awesomeness that GTA III had, where a trenchcoat-wearing bum could take you out at any second with an M16.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

If the daytime looks bad like it did in IV, then I hope there is a midnight cheat in V like there was in SA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users