Photo

Forza Motorsport 4

451 replies to this topic
win001
  • win001

Top Gear

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Dec 12 2010, 02:59)
QUOTE (PHCharls @ Dec 12 2010, 02:55)
They are gonna beat Gran Turismo 5

Im not looking forward to the debate.
Forza is using Kinect, though.
Will that be a positive or a negative factor?

Forza? Using Kinect? Haha! So funny. But seriously, it is retarded. Imagine yourself driving using Kinect then someone comes in and says, ''Are you crazy? Your not driving a car!'' (person doesnt know your using kinect). What next, GTA 5 for kinect? That will be so hilarious!

Ok, well FM4 looks awesome but I don't think it will beat GT5 in terms of car setup. What I like about FM3 is every car is the same. In GT5 theres a premium car and standard car and what that means is premium cars are fully detailed (e.g interior view, wipers) while standard cars are low quality and to me, these standard cars look like it belongs to GT4 or something (e.g no cockpit view or wipers).

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (win001 @ Dec 19 2010, 19:59)
these standard cars look like it belongs to GT4 or something (e.g no cockpit view or wipers).

That's 'cause they are GT4 cars.

Gran Turismo 5 was a HUGE letdown. I think I'll stick to Forza, and can't wait for Forza 4. f*ck Kinect, tho.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

I think they mean looking at your rear view mirror by moving your head slightly to look back!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

@oyster: thats probably what they mean...

at least its just Kinect able and not Kinect needed... i'll stick to the Controller for racing games like Forza...

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

That makes a lot more sense, I was gonna say.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Im all for the head tracking exspecially for inside view! After watching the video again the kinect bit seems like its another game mode to me. they dont make any mention of how to accelerate and said that you just have to take over cars getting progressivly better.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

so when you have to look back, Forza force you to get a mirror behind you and look at the TV in the mirror?

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

f*ck kinect sh*t. Honestly, if want to use anything other than a controller, I will get a f*cking racing wheel. If I want to have motion control, I will buy a f*cking wii. All this motion tracking, controller vs. no controller, and interactive sh*t is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I think it has a future, but just like flying cars I don't think its for right now. I don't like the idea of bringing half-assed technology into the consumer market and pushing it as the new and greatest thing when it makes the idea of progressing seem as if its a step forward towards misery. Right now, its neat but it does not by any measure beat the traditional wheel or controller.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

I can tell by that post that you have played Kinect allready!

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Dec 20 2010, 05:07)
so when you have to look back, Forza force you to get a mirror behind you and look at the TV in the mirror?

im sorry but i have to facepalm your post lmao

read the post above yours... most of us believe when it says look behind in means look at on of the three mirrors most cars have. not actually turning around and looking back lmao...

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

I love it how everyone's against the optional use of Kinect. The new Kinect mode for Forza looks fun and intuitive, isn't that what games are meant to be?

Everyone is so against new things. Just relax, the controller isn't going anywhere.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Dec 20 2010, 06:09)
I can tell by that post that you have played Kinect allready!

Honestly, the only interactive motion apture/sensative console I have not played has been the PS3. But thank you for trying to prove a point at my personal expense. Its not that I am against all of it. Like I said, "Don't get me wrong, I think it has a future...Right now, its neat but it does not by any measure beat the traditional wheel or controller."

My biggest issue is that its a toy or accessory add on to all consoles meaning that any motion capture or motion sensative technology being put out there is going to be taking the back seat to traditional gaming. All the major releases, like GTA, Madden, Forza, and Modern Warfare/CoD for example are all going to be designed to be used with a controller and the Kinect features are going to be a cool little feature tacked on. I don't want that because it leaves us, the consumer, wanting a less half-assed product. Do you want a gaming experience that comes off as if it was added in as a passing afterthought or do you want to play something solid which is designed to play a certain way? Unless this turns out to be a passing fad, I do not see this kind of technology catching on as a solid, reliable, and universally accepted way of gaming until the next generation of consoles are out.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

It will always be a tacked on feature! until they bring out sensor hats that just read your thoughts and movements. The problem with all movment based hardware is that you still pretty much need buttons to play most games. witch limits what you can do on the software side.

what is needed is the precision of Move and the abiltiy of kinect to track the whole body teamed up with thought movement " witch i have seen is possible with some brain training"

But it all depends! you could say that a game with tacked on kinect features wouldnt feel right but if done well then it could really add to the game experience, I personally think that the games desighned soley for kinect are going to be the ones to avoid in this generation!

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Dec 20 2010, 11:57)
I personally think that the games designed solely for kinect are going to be the ones to avoid in this generation!

I agree. If its not for my hate of them because I am a lazy gamer, it has to be because all the characters and levels in the new Kinect games seem to be designed by the folks who created Dora the Explorer and Bob the Builder.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

So, who's seen the leaked footage?

Saw it on Game Informer.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

Still no actual in-game footage, but that video made this game sound really good. Whilst the whole Kinect thing seems abit too much of a gimmick, such as opening and closing the door, the feature for actually racing does look good, such as being able to view around 360 degrees, but I hope they give that feature to us who use the normal controller. 80 Manufacturers aswell, sounds mint!

I like the idea that night-time racing may be coming back to the series, adds abit more variety. Would have been good to see some proper rally tracks in the game though, such as with Gran Turismo.

I remember seeing on another forum them mentioning about the Snake featured in the video, but now they included a bull...may be nothing, but seems random to add animals to a car racing video unless hinting at something.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Long Haired Freaky Guy @ Apr 4 2011, 02:49)
Still no actual in-game footage, but that video made this game sound really good. Whilst the whole Kinect thing seems abit too much of a gimmick, such as opening and closing the door, the feature for actually racing does look good, such as being able to view around 360 degrees, but I hope they give that feature to us who use the normal controller. 80 Manufacturers aswell, sounds mint!

I like the idea that night-time racing may be coming back to the series, adds abit more variety. Would have been good to see some proper rally tracks in the game though, such as with Gran Turismo.

I remember seeing on another forum them mentioning about the Snake featured in the video, but now they included a bull...may be nothing, but seems random to add animals to a car racing video unless hinting at something.

The 80 Manufacturers sold me.

To put it in perspective FM3 i believe had 40 Manufacturers...

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:34 PM Edited by Benzoboy, 04 April 2011 - 03:21 PM.

Snake - Shelby/Dodge Viper
Bull - Lamborghini

Maybe? Bit cryptic. Also, did anyone notice the logo for Asklon Motor Works? The people who made the Halo Warthog? Madness.

user posted image

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Can you compare this to GT5? I thought GT5 was compared to F3? Graphics looked nice though, from what was shown of it anyways.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Benzoboy @ Apr 4 2011, 15:34)

Snake - Shelby/Dodge Viper
Bull - Lamborghini

Maybe?

Yeah, I actually think that's what they worked it down to on Gamespot.

Even with all the Kinect gimmicks within the game, it's actually shaping up to be a great game. And now I've slept on it, the gimmicky Kinect features such as opening the doors with your hand could prove quite good. End of the day, this is a car game and you spend just as much time off the track looking at your car and working on it as you do on track racing it, so why not add more features to look around your car?

And as I said above, I wouldn't mind seeing a few different types of cars, such as rally cars and vintage cars, like the ones in GT.

They also need to work on a new way of sorting the races out. It's simply a page full of races, and has been since number 1. Forza 3 looked overwhelming the first time I went into "Event List", and still does now. Would be better if they sorted them out into groups somehow, like what happened on GT4 (Only played upto GT4).

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Anyone seen This vid on IGN?
I found it stupid that when the guy turned right in real life the car turned left and vice versa, so I registered and posted it there.
Stuff Kinect right where the sun don't shine Turn 2, that's not what we want.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (GTA 360 @ Apr 4 2011, 17:41)
Anyone seen This vid on IGN?
I found it stupid that when the guy turned right in real life the car turned left and vice versa, so I registered and posted it there.
Stuff Kinect right where the sun don't shine Turn 2, that's not what we want.

The video of the guy has obviously been mirrored, as it's definitely him driving the car, such as the part where he ducks his head and that. That video seems to show a bunch of new features of, such as the whole points scheme, unless that's just a Kinect feature of the game?

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

If by points you mean the things popping up at the side, I imagine that's just the new mode, rather than being Kinct specific.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Abit of a bump, but I was playing Forza 3 the other day, and this got me thinking about one main thing that needs a massive overhaul, and that is the menu screens etc. First time I played F3, I remember going to the "Event List" screen, and just seeing all those events just in rows, it kind of put me off the game abit. Yes, it has Season Mode, but that was exactly the same thing, only difference been that you had to complete one series to move onto another one. If they plan on doing loads of events again, they need to redesign the interface IMO, and make it more appealing. I remember GT4 had one main screen where you could jump to different events and stuff.

Another let down was, this is a car game, yet you got absolutely no information about the cars whatsoever, apart from the basic knowledge such as speed and torque and whathaveya. I liked on Dirt, where you could get a tiny commentary on each vehicle, and helped you decide what vehicle you wanted. Am not asking for every tiny bit of information on the vehicle, but just some history on it, or what events it has won...stuff like that.

/rant.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope the scenery looks that great in-game. inlove.gif

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

I cannot wait for this game, love Forza 3 and this is shaping up to look even better!
The only thing that stopped me playing Forza 3 was when i started on the R3 races, i kind of lost interest. I wanted to stick with my Golf R32 dammit!

Turn 10 have been releasing a car a day on the build up to this, and my favourite car made the cut, i was praying it would! So happy biggrin.gif inlove.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:10 PM Edited by H3NR1QU3, 31 July 2011 - 11:17 PM.

f*ck, I wish PC had such a game. Sure we can play Shift 2 and all, but I honestly think it's got nothing on GT/Forza, at least not yet.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone know if they are planning to release a demo version?

Its not normal anymore.
This will beat GT5 for sure.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing the cars to come. To be honest, I'll probably be buying this game after the price has come down. One thing that would make me get this on release day is if they ever put in the Ford Capri - any model. God that car is amazing.

stinomontana
  • stinomontana

contract chiller

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

i will buy this for sure.

the only problem i have is my dfgt wheel will not work on xbox.
and its kinda weird going back to a controller after you used a wheel all the time.
having to buy a 2nd wheel is kind off overkill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users