Quantcast

» «
Photo

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,684 replies to this topic
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco
  • Distinguished Medal Begging 2018

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:52 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 25 January 2018 - 11:44 AM.

I don't know what that list is supposed to be. Is that what you think is messing with your game?

Retexture

E: Dear PC, I hate you.

C'mon dude, the answer is in your prev. post. My list simply shows what type of Retextures do I use and it looks more "real" in comparison to.... whatever that is in your screenshots.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

I dunno, retexturing everything under the sun, to me, seems to be asking for a crash-a-palooza. At least that's what I've experienced in the past, when my eyes were bigger than my VRAM. Anyway, I ran into a similar problem you have and now Oldrim crashes every time I get near Dragon Bridge, it's a notorious bug that I don't feel like dealing with right now so I just went back to SE and removed the cartoony mod textures and am now messing around with a fancy enb, some alright skin textures and a few other stuff. SE mods are slowly reaching the same potential as Oldrim but they still seem "flat" or underdeveloped - It's a little frustrating that they've hit a glass ceiling and have been stuck there for a while.

Spoiler

Skeever
  • Skeever

• Victim of The Pitô
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

Went to make a new character today, and I noticed they're completely mute when performing power attacks... this seems to happen for all humanoid characters, player and NPCs alike. I installed a mod that changes the default voice for each player character race, but nada. Disabling all my mods still resulted in them being mute as well.

I'm thinking it was that damn Dwarven Mudcrab "creation", or whatever Bethesda calls them. I've also read that marriage dialogue is also screwed up by that same creation, but I haven't tested it myself yet. Since they don't offer an option to uninstall creations, I'm just reinstalling my game altogether and hoping for the best.

fashion
  • fashion

Do not be sorry. Be better.

• Victim of The Pitô
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

From what I've heard, you can't load save games if you have creations uninstalled. You'll have to load a save that never used a creation. The mudcrab never caused any issues for me, nor did any other creation.

Skeever
  • Skeever

• Victim of The Pitô
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Whoever told you that is a dirty, lying Khajiit. I successfully managed to get rid of that Mudcrab mod by reinstalling the game, and I was able to load my old saves just fine. You get the usual "Missing x mods. Continue?" message, but it loaded just fine.

The voice issue has been fixed, too, so I'm almost certain that mod caused it. It doesn't make sense why it would, but then again, this wouldn't be the first time Bethesda's mucked something up with one of their updates, and it certainly won't be the last.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

I can't believe that the game has mods on the One. Last week I was at a friend's and I spent like a whole day just dicking around with mods and new characters and for the first time Skyrim felt like a genuine roleplaying game. 

the star wars mods brought me back to the game, now i cant stop playing it 

• Is this The Guy? likes this

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Hit lvl 50 on my Breton.  So far maxed out Conjuration(legendary so its back at 15) and Enchanting.  Smithing and 1handed are in the 90's.  I remember reading in this thread about fighting someone that appears only after you hit lvl 50.  Anyone elaborate on that?

Also rerolled a Nord to do things I don't normally do like joining the Stormcloaks and Thieves Guild, maybe even become a vampire lord.  Actually I just want that unbreakable lockpick and be able to pickpocket people.  I never put points into lockpicking and pickpocket but they got some neat perks I'd like to try like treasure hunter and extra pockets(+100 carrying capacity).  So far my Nord is lvl 15, I think I'll make him evil.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

Bread Makes You Fat?!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

^ You might be thinking of the Ebony Warrior, you find him once you reach LVL 80, though.

• ten-a-penny and Is this The Guy? like this

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Bought myself a used 360 to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas and can only find used vanilla copies of the game. My xbox live ran out in 2013 and these games aren't MP, so I just logged in but managed to download all the free updates which includes kinect support.

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

I donít have to take this, Iím going home

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:36 AM Edited by That Guy There, 16 January 2018 - 08:01 AM.

Been downloading some Star Wars mods and having a lot of fun

Im really impressed with the light saber mod. The different power up sounds for different light sabers, the sounds when you swing, and sparks flying when you attack is really cool. I was sort of expecting just lit up swords lol, they did a great job on that mod.

1e27vd.jpg
My menu screen

n6xtsj.jpg
Here I am, just a lowly padawan ready to embark on a new journey

I have downloaded the force mod but have yet to use any of the powers
  • ten-a-penny and feckyerlife like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Guys, I have two questions.

1. Can M.O (Mod organizer) and FNIS work on cracked/illegal copies? Buying the legit version of Oldrim is helluva expensive.

2. Is there's any mod that modifies the Unbound quest? As in, is there's any mod that separates the first quest from the Main Questline? What I'm referring to is, a mod that end the quest immediately after you part ways with whoever you run away with, and prevents the game from starting the next Quest. I just want to go through the Prisoner stuff WITHOUT triggering the rest of the Main Questline's events. is such a mod even possible? I'll explain No.2. In my FanFic "version" of this game, ALL of my characters meet each other during the opening sequence. Two of my characters "lose hope" with the Empire because of this. Whoever, none of them find out their involvement with the Main Story until a good time later - both in-game and in the FanFic "version". I simply want a modified version of the Prologue that removes the "go to Riverwood" part.

OR make the whole Quest happens later as a trigger Quest, which can allow the player to choose how they got caught (which offers more RolePlay options than the stupid base game where you're randomly caught).

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:45 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 16 January 2018 - 03:46 PM.

Been downloading some Star Wars mods and having a lot of fun

Im really impressed with the light saber mod. The different power up sounds for different light sabers, the sounds when you swing, and sparks flying when you attack is really cool. I was sort of expecting just lit up swords lol, they did a great job on that mod.

1e27vd.jpg
My menu screen

n6xtsj.jpg
Here I am, just a lowly padawan ready to embark on a new journey

I have downloaded the force mod but have yet to use any of the powers

most of the Force mods are cool but still have that magic feel to them, but the force shock looks and feels like the emperor using it. If you have the force followers mod those companions are pretty fun. There is a sith follower in Windhelm that fights just like  Asajj Ventress she will switch from dual lightsabers to one lightsaber and force shock when she fights.  

Guys, I have two questions.

1. Can M.O (Mod organizer) and FNIS work on cracked/illegal copies? Buying the legit version of Oldrim is helluva expensive.

2. Is there's any mod that modifies the Unbound quest? As in, is there's any mod that separates the first quest from the Main Questline? What I'm referring to is, a mod that end the quest immediately after you part ways with whoever you run away with, and prevents the game from starting the next Quest. I just want to go through the Prisoner stuff WITHOUT triggering the rest of the Main Questline's events. is such a mod even possible? I'll explain No.2. In my FanFic "version" of this game, ALL of my characters meet each other during the opening sequence. Two of my characters "lose hope" with the Empire because of this. Whoever, none of them find out their involvement with the Main Story until a good time later - both in-game and in the FanFic "version". I simply want a modified version of the Prologue that removes the "go to Riverwood" part.

OR make the whole Quest happens later as a trigger Quest, which can allow the player to choose how they got caught (which offers more RolePlay options than the stupid base game where you're randomly caught).

there is a mod that gives you a different starting point in the game. I haven't tried it though

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

:bored:

I wasn't talking about CHANGING the Starter Point to something else, like spawning in a different/random settlement or something (I already have an Alternative Start mod for that - Skyrim Unbound). I'm talking about altering the main, Vanilla Start to what I have mentioned - either have the quest Unbound delayed until you encounter a certain location where you get captured by the Empire (which would shed some light about how you get/got caught in the first place and allow for more RolePlay options) OR turn the quest into a "Side Quest" by changing/removing the records that starts the default-next Quest and have the whole thing ends immediately after you exit Helgen. Basically, Vanilla Unbound without the "my sister/uncle lives in Riverwood head over there blablabla" stuff. That's what I'm looking for.

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

That's very hard to do, if possible at all.

Meanwhile I tried porting CC's Lord's Mail to the OG Skyrim to see if it will work. End result of that was the game didn't even start.

Mod it until it crashes? Aye?
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Newrim mods don't work on Oldrim mods the same way. You have to either manually edit the mod using the CK or create a replica of the mod for Oldrim.

• fashion and APB like this

fashion
  • fashion

• Victim of The Pitô
  • Mars

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

You wanted to port Lords Mail to make it look less terrible? :p
  • APB likes this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:18 PM Edited by APB, 19 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.

Newrim mods don't work on Oldrim mods the same way. You have to either manually edit the mod using the CK or create a replica of the mod for Oldrim.

Correct, I tried to manually edit it and extrat it to Oldrim. Textures and Meshes that is. I guess it is hardcoded into that sh*tty quest that comes with it.

And yes, Fashion :D

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

Funny how long I've had this game and there are holds/towns I haven't even visited yet.  Last night I finally built a house and visited the add-on island.  So much to do!

• Is this The Guy? and APB like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Man, I'm stuck deciding which character should I play as next. Altaiir, the male crazy Argonian? Aloy, the ex-Thalmor now-Stormcloak Altmer Mage? Connor, the born-evil Khajiit? Yazgar, the hardcore-Warrior Orc? Or Stardusk, the crazy, victim-to-the-Thalmor-bullsh*t Argonian?

af2c9962c0eb7e34eddfcef218be325582a7227d

fashion
  • fashion

• Victim of The Pitô
  • Mars

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:28 PM Edited by fashion, 19 January 2018 - 07:29 PM.

The last character I was playing as was named Senua, slightly inspired by Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Finishing that game with its norse mythology aspects, I simply had to honor her in Skyrim.

Let's just say I didn't stick to the script and she became an artifact collector for the DreamWeaver crew and a fighting arena champion at the Smuggler's Cove. Combat-wise, at least in melee I could equip a slow time ring when things got tough.

I haven't played in a while though. I think I'm really done with Skyrim this time. Had some fun with CC Survival while it lasted.

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

My current character race is force sensitive (pretty much looks like a Breton) and primary weapon is lightsaber

Thought about being a two handed lightsaber fighter but it uses the same weapon placement and animations as two handed hammers and axes so it looks really weird

bijjbn.jpg
  • ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

I still can't believe you haven't changed the Vanilla HUD. It sucks tbh.

Is this The Guy?
  • Is this The Guy?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:28 PM Edited by That Guy There, 21 January 2018 - 08:30 PM.

I havent really thought about it. Not sure if there are many options on the X one though Ill look up whats available

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

I keep forgetting that you're on the XOne. Try SkyHUD, I dunno if its available to Consoles too or not.

I'd suggest Customizable UI mod but its restricted to Oldrim only AFAIK.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

3 Days no post, I'll go in.

So.... this happened.

oV3PCgf.png

Lemme explain. I restarted the game playing as my male Argonian character, named ingame as Eeelal-Ei Cassar, official name is Altaiir Ibn La'Ahad. He's one of the evil 3 characters (out of 6). He becomes like this after obtaining the Ebony Blade which slowly corrupts him. He also becomes a Werewolf, by using Moonlight Tales (which allows you to either realistically become infected from random Werewolves, inject the Werewolf disease [forgot its name] in you, officially become a Werewolf or drink a potion that turns you into a Werewolf). During one of his uncontrollable rampages, he invaded a Fort --- Treva's Watch. As he was rampaging inside, I apparently accidentally clicked R-Shift, which Reverts you back to normal..... while being mauled by TWO Bandit Chiefs, an army of Bandits, an Icy Spear spamming Mage AND an Archer.

After swinging my Blade left and right, hoping that I'll hit the f*ckers, and after I killed everyone.... I looked at my poor, naked character. His whole torso is covered with Ice Spears. And that arrow..... don't even bother. I kept fanatically laughing like crazy for the next 5 minutes. :lol:

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Dang that's messed up^

I lost a follower, after googling what to do I see this happens a lot.  That sucks but at least he wasn't carrying anything of importance.  On my other save I had Lydia and made her into a useful archer. 

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Dang that's messed up^

I lost a follower, after googling what to do I see this happens a lot.  That sucks but at least he wasn't carrying anything of importance.  On my other save I had Lydia and made her into a useful archer. 

if they didnt die in some way, then usually they will just show back up where you found them at in a couple days. get the mod Amazing Follower Tweaks. it helps out a lot with this. 

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Its the elf archer from Riverrun, and it's been awhile in game time so I think he's waiting somewhere, oh well lol.  I haven't used any mods yet actually but I'll look for it.

Thank god it's Fredas. :cool:

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:00 PM Edited by Typhus, 27 January 2018 - 05:13 PM.

Considering we've probably got a damn long wait until the next game, have you guys had any thoughts on where the next one should be set? For my part, I still have my heart set on Black Marsh. The whole game could have a Black Death vibe, considering the history of that place involves a gigantic plague which pretty much wiped out everyone who wasn't an Argonian*.

Plus, given its location, it would provide a great excuse to have the Sload and the Sea-Elves play a far more important role in the story. And that's not even taking into account all the dead civilizations you could discover in the marshes, and the various secrets of the Hist trees.

*Plus, on a narrative level, having a huge pandemic as the central threat of the game is far more effective than a random "save the world" plot. The players can relate to a big disease, because it's an issue we deal with in the real world. World-eating Dragons? Not so much.

• ten-a-penny likes this

fashion
  • fashion

• Victim of The Pitô
  • Mars

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

I'd love to see Elsewyr next, but Black Marsh is a close followup. Elsewyr has a very deep lore and tons of Khajiit-like subspecies, moonsugar fields and acient ruins. Their different take on gods and language is exciting too.

I just hope it won't be yet another human region. I rather see more of the beasts or elves as the main race.
  • Typhus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users