Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

8,618 replies to this topic
Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

I can't believe that the game has mods on the One. Last week I was at a friend's and I spent like a whole day just dicking around with mods and new characters and for the first time Skyrim felt like a genuine roleplaying game. 

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by That Guy There, A week ago.

Yeah the One has some cool mods.

Thinking about resetting and downloading the whole Beyond Skyrim: Bruma mod pack

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A week ago

Okay, I feel like an idiot now.

Long-Story-Short, after f*cking up my Data folder (AGAIN), I tried a clean reinstall (so I can move the game to my PC). Problem is, I had no idea what is Vanilla and what isn't. Meshes, Textures, Seq, SKSE you name it - all are obvious mods. The Strings folder didn't receive any change (aside from one change/replace to one of the files), and the vanilla Interface Folder have one obvious file, so dealing with it was easy. The real deal-breaker was the Scripts folder, which contained a TON. It took me forever to tell the difference between Vanilla and Mod files. After dealing with the mess, I have finally "Vanilla-ized" the game.

I've also shipped all non-essential Plugins (i.e DLCs) out of the game, but apparently I have accidentally included the Update.bsa. Which is required for the Update.esm to function. Because of that, any time I launch the game, the thing freeze because Update.esm is trying to read Update.bsa and it can't because its not in the Data Folder, making the game freeze. Today I tried it out again, and while I was staring at the removed Plugins, I saw the f*cker hanging around proudly with the rest of the removed Plugin. As soon as I returned Update.bsa back to its place, the game launched like normal. FU.

Now that I have all this sorted out, I'll start moving the files (mods included) back to my PC. K-ENB Pure Light, I'm coming!

Skeever
  • Skeever

Welcome to America! Prepare to be oppressed!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago

I picked up the Special Edition during Black Friday... it's been a blast playing this again. Surprisingly, just a few (rather minor) mods manage to breathe a lot more life into the game.

I downloaded a few Civil War mods that populate the roads a fair bit more, to the point of where you can even encounter 40 vs. 40 battles between Imperials and Stormcloaks. One amusing moment I had was, while in Werewolf form, getting charged by about two dozen Imperial soldiers, letting out a single roar, and then watching them all turn tail and flee. Unfortunately, their archers were out of the roar's range, and their officers were too high of a level to be affected by it, so I still got my ass handed to me.

• That Guy There likes this

DarksunDaFirst
  • DarksunDaFirst

High Elder of the UnSeelie Court

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I would have loved to play Skyrim SE on the PS4, but the mods selection isn't worth it and I already have a few current playthroughs on the PS3 that I'm still doing.  If Sony ever wises up, then I'll buy it.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 5 days ago

I would have loved to play Skyrim SE on the PS4, but the mods selection isn't worth it and I already have a few current playthroughs on the PS3 that I'm still doing.  If Sony ever wises up, then I'll buy it.

I suggest getting the original game on the PC. SSE isn't worth it yet. Aside from the 64Bit 8GB RAM Limit, SSE isn't any special. Modded Skyrim, or Oldrim, blows through Vanilla and modded SSE off the railway completely.

OT: Had I knew that fixing Skyrim was this easy, I wouldn't have gone through this whole trouble to "re-get" it. The game files were there, but my PC didn't recognize it. After "Regedit-ing" my PC, I've found a way to 'activate' the game (by using Run > Regedit > [series of folder here] > making a Bethesda Softworks folder and Skyrim within that folder, etc). All this was sorted about 4 days ago. Then I've spent the next days installing and "MergePlugins Standalone"-ing the mods to lessen the size of the Load Order.

After getting all those sorted I tried installing a few ENBs, currently sticking with Rampage ENB (K-ENB Pure Light is amazing 'n' all but it kills the FPS, SnowFalls ENB stopped working as intended because reasons, Kinematic ENB Southern Lights suffer from the same issue as K-ENB, haven't tried NLA yet & got bored with Tetrachromatic ENB). Managed to snag some Screenies with a mix of Rampage and Kinematic-Southern Light.

Spoiler
  • Edward Nashton likes this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Edward Nashton, 5 days ago.

Ah, good ole' Oldrim, I miss you so. If only I weren't a lazy bastard and would delete and clean install you because I overdid it with the 4k texture mods and now you crash every ten minutes. Perhaps one day, perhaps.

Anyway, here are some old snaps from the cutting room floor before everything went so, so wrong.

ENB: Natural Lighting & Atmospherics 

FfeGRHm.jpg

9YCwlO0.jpg

Lox77yg.jpg

kFFEWRo.jpg

xKtAUwV.jpg

And the rest.

Spoiler
  • ten-a-penny, That Guy There and Neon_Dreaming like this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

When I downloaded that Stormlord armor mod the first thing I did was make my way to Windhelm and see him. He looks so badass sitting on his throne with that armor I always keep it enabled every play through. Even if I never used it, yet.
  • ten-a-penny and Edward Nashton like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 days ago

Ah, NLA. Fine ENB, that. Rampage ENB is even better, but it hits on the performance to an extent (not bad but still). K ENB Pure Light roasts on every ENB I have ever seen, but it f*ck up your rig REAL HARD unless you have TWO 1080's. Barely. Stick with NLA, its amazing. btw, If you want to reinstall Skyrim, you don't need to delete the whole game. Mass-delete everything and keep the Interface, Strings and Video folders, and any file that starts with "Skyrim - ". And, ofc, the DLCs + update. In the Interface folder, leave only the Translate_[game language here, usually English] file, and do the same with the Strings file. BOOM! Instant, clean Skyrim. Reinstalling all the mods (and re-merging them again, if you're like me).

Here I am, suffering from the same issue yet giving advices. What gives! I also suffer from the constant CTDs. It got to the point where I swapped Skyrim with DooM 4 at first, then Watch_Dogs 2. Owell, better save up for the legitimate copy of the game so I can enjoy using Mod Organizer.

• Edward Nashton likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users