8,537 replies to this topic
JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

so where the money goes then? beth? since creators dont get a cut. like beth needs anymore money they can bleep off 

Are you being intentionally dense?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:18 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 13 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

so where the money goes then? beth? since creators dont get a cut. like beth needs anymore money they can bleep off 

Are you being intentionally dense?

Please, no need for personal attacks and inflammatory remarks. Thanks :)

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Yes, that was a tad bit harsh. I guess I should have asked Quinn if they were being intentionally obtuse instead.

• Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:29 PM Edited by fashion, 13 June 2017 - 02:30 PM.

I think it's a shame they're only selling things like armor, weapons and gameplay changes. PS4 players can't download custom armor, howewer some limited gameplay changes are allowed.

I'd give beth my money if the sold us some quest mods and new landscapes. That's what got me really pumped about mods in the first place. A cool armor piece won't make me go back to the game, especially if I'd have to pay for it.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

FyYFruOqy435UzkJ7HdbNNTzroMd0mXW9UaIYfIW

The game just won't die.

• Iroquois, ten-a-penny, feckyerlife and 3 others like this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

So, for some reason I just couldn't get in to Skyrim for my 360 - Think I felt like I was a few years late to the party, and with the immense scale of the game, felt a little put off trying to immerse myself in to it all so late on, but it's a definite purchase for my Switch, might help with it feeling like it's a 'fresh' game, and portable mode means I can spend more time on the game.

• Mister Pink likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

I just plain didn't like the game. It's impressive at first but eventually becomes plain tedium and all the cracks begin to show in so many areas, from the technical to story telling and quest design. It's a lot of fun to mod, though.

• Eris likes this

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

c9NCeHS.jpg

• Azazel, Mister Pink, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:14 AM Edited by fashion, 16 June 2017 - 06:16 AM.

I think it's funny everyone was like "I love skyrim, 1000 hours in and still so much to find" and now the internet rages and spams memes. Skyrim rerelease was old news, even before the release of switch it was heavily rumored.

People are butthurt that there's no TES6 announced, me included :p
  • ten-a-penny and APB like this

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

Question for any of you savvy laptop gamers out there, I normally play on my desktop PC, so I'm not too familiar on how laptop hardware handles video games. My laptop specs are intel HD 620 graphics, i5 7200u, 12gb RAM - I'm wondering if this can run original Skyrim worth a damn, hell, or if it can run Special Edition (not holding my breath, though). I can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere else. 

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:43 PM Edited by Leftist Bastard, 27 June 2017 - 01:44 PM.

It's a shared processor/graphics chip which basically means outside of some undemanding indies it won't run anything in a playable manner, certainly not Skyrim special edition. 

You could always try the ''ultra ultra low'' graphics mod to make it work.

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/17137/?

• Edward Nashton likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:40 PM Edited by fashion, 27 June 2017 - 02:43 PM.

Intel HD graphics is the biggest problem. My laptop has a little worse specs than yours and when I tried to run Vegas with low spec mods, it still stuttered a lot. It was unplayable.

It manages to run Oblivion on lowest specs smoothly though.
Also, I watched a Fallout 3 video how he made it run on a low end laptop with Intel HD. Didn't try it yet as I rather stick to my console.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

Question for any of you savvy laptop gamers out there, I normally play on my desktop PC, so I'm not too familiar on how laptop hardware handles video games. My laptop specs are intel HD 620 graphics, i5 7200u, 12gb RAM - I'm wondering if this can run original Skyrim worth a damn, hell, or if it can run Special Edition (not holding my breath, though). I can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere else. 

It's a shared processor/graphics chip which basically means outside of some undemanding indies it won't run anything in a playable manner, certainly not Skyrim special edition. 

You could always try the ''ultra ultra low'' graphics mod to make it work.

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/17137/?

Intel HD graphics is the biggest problem. My laptop has a little worse specs than yours and when I tried to run Vegas with low spec mods, it still stuttered a lot. It was unplayable.

It manages to run Oblivion on lowest specs smoothly though.
Also, I watched a Fallout 3 video how he made it run on a low end laptop with Intel HD. Didn't try it yet as I rather stick to my console.

Okay, so I've got some interesting news, I tested OG Skyrim on my laptop (without the HD texture pack) and it ran pretty damn smooth - low settings, 1280x720, 60 fps with the occasional dip to 45 fps. Played for about 2 hours without any issues, I think I might be able bump a few settings up a bit higher and still get a decent frame rate. So if anyone out there has a laptop with similar specs to mine, you could definitely play Skyrim on it. And to think, I was considering buying a Switch in order to make down time at work a bit more bearable.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Dude, your sh*t is better than mine except for the Graphics Card. My laptop automatically sets the game for High Settings, and my laptop is much - MUCH - weaker than yours. nVidia GeForce 860 (I think?) Intel Core i3, 4GB RAM I believe.

Sh*ttier than yours, and can run the game with multiple high-quality (usually 4K weapons & armor, 2K or 4K/2K Mix everything else) with little to no stutter + mid/low-level ENBs. Only spot where I lag like mad is in Whiterun. I don't know how good your Graphics Card is (which is the selling point), but everything else roasts my laptop.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Welp, playing Skyrim on my laptop made me inevitably go back to Skyrim Special Edition on my PC. I gotta say, these new ENB mods are almost caught up with the originals. 

qZbGsjG.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

• APB likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

My laptop specs are intel HD 620 graphics, i5 7200u, 12gb RAM

What the actual f*ck? Which laptop is this?

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

My laptop specs are intel HD 620 graphics, i5 7200u, 12gb RAM

What the actual f*ck? Which laptop is this?

HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 12GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Silver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users